My Dream | Teen Ink

My Dream

By crazybailey707 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
crazybailey707 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"First, Think, Second, Believe. Third,Dream and finally, dare" - walt disney

We chase dreams to be happy in life. Dreams are what makes life worth living, its what makes us get up everyday. My dream is to own the family's construction company. I want to own the company because I really love to do construction. I want the company to remain in the family so I can pass it on to my kids.

I want to own the company because I won't be able to do the hard labor forever. I have been working the past two summers and i can tell you the work is exhausting. I work a 40 hour work week working in the sun putting siding onto apartments. In my 30’s 40’s  this labor will kill me. Although it is hard work, I really enjoy doing it. It generally makes me happy and I want to see the other side of it, the business side i want to run the whole company and be able to pass it on from generation to generation.

To be able to run the company i will need some things. First off I will need tools and a vehicle to get to and from work. We have jobs all over california so i will need a reliable vehicle. I will need to rise through the ranks right now i am a laborer then i will need to go to apprentice, then carpenter, then foremen, then head of construction, then to owner. This will take me a while but if i put in the work the outcome will be great.

I will need a lot of help if I want my dream to come true. In almost every stage of my career I will need help or a teacher. As an apprentice I will need a carpenter to show me the ropes and show me how to hang siding and do framework. As a carpenter I will need a foremen to show me how to run the jobsite and take notes. As a foreman i will need the head of construction to show me how to run all of the jobs at once and maintain cash flow. As head of construction i will need the owner to show me how to run everything. 

My dream is to own my dads company because I won't be able to do hard work my whole life. I really love the work and it makes me happy and im interested to know how to run the company and make it grow. By the time i'm done i want to pass it on to my kids and have them make it a 100 million dollar company

this is my dream for the future