My Favorite Holiday | Teen Ink

My Favorite Holiday

By SergeantSteel82 SILVER, Fort Wayne, Indiana
SergeantSteel82 SILVER, Fort Wayne, Indiana

one of the greatest tragedies of our time is this impression that has been created that science and religion have to be at war.
-Francis Collins

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity.
-1 Timothy 4:12, NIV Bible For Teen Guys

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
-Voltaire

My favorite holiday, although it is hard to choose, would have to be Christmas. I love Christmas, not just because of the presents I get, but because of the presents I give. I also love the big party my grandpa and his six siblings have. Every year, my 30+ cousins and my 30+ aunts and uncles, I have lost count of how many I really have, all come together in either my grandparents’ house or one of his siblings. A tradition my sisters and I have is to buy gifts for each other and our mom and dad. I usually don’t stop with just buying gifts for those in our house hold, in fact, I once went broke buying gifts for everyone in my close family, which is 11 people. I love giving gifts to people, but it is also a lot of fun seeing my family. My mom’s dad and my dad’s dad are both the oldest of 7 children, which means I technically get to have 3-4 Christmases every year. Now that I think about it, Christmas is my absolute favorite.

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare