Attending An All-Girls' School | Teen Ink

Attending An All-Girls' School MAG

By Anonymous

   Attending an all-girls' school has both many advantages iand disadvantages. While offering a wonderful education, it also takes away interaction with the opposite sex.

There are many advantages to not attending a coeducational school. One is that girls have a better opportunity for a good education. Although we hate to admit it, many girls are intimidated by boys in the classroom. We are often less likely to answer questions or share our opinions with boys present. Also, girls tend to be less preoccupied with appearance in an all-girls' school and are able to concentrate more on academics. It also gives some girls the opportunity to lose their shyness and better develop their personalities.

With these advantages also come some disadvantages. For example, girls who do not attend coed schools often have fewer opportunities to develop social skills with guys. Another disadvantage is that, come prom time, it can be difficult to find a date. Now, don't get me wrong, most of us do have male friends but not as many as if we were attending school with them.

As you can probably tell, I go to an all-girls' school. Although I do miss guys and I know from personal experience how hard it can be to find a date, I like my school. I know that I'm receiving a quality education. I hate to admit it, but having boys in my class did suppress me academically. I think my school teaches me to be more independent and to be myself. I am also able to have deeper personal relationships with my classmates. In my opinion, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages in attending an all-girls' school. ?