Solutions: Child Abuse | Teen Ink

Solutions: Child Abuse MAG

When people decide to have children, the general idea is to love and cherish them. But unfortunately this isn't always the situation. There are parents in this world who abuse children whether they are babies or teenagers. People like this are not fit to have children.

Whether it is physical or mental, abuse is wrong. Parents who abuse children should stop and take the time to get help, because the child will suffer in the end. Many children in this world die or become emotionally unstable because of abuse in the home.

Peers, educators, legislators and others should take the time to help not only the child who is suffering but also the parent. There should be counselors in the schools who specialize in these situations and other organizations to help the parents.

We as students can take the time and write letters and articles to newspapers and legislators to help our friend, relative or just another human being who is suffering, rather than just to talk about the issues. Innocent children should not be victims of child abuse. ?

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Lillymay, unless you're saying it's normal as in it's an everyday occurance, yes, you're right it is "normal". But if you mean normal as in right? You're sick and twisted. I'm sorry, but you've obviously never been around children that have been abused. My mom had a child in her K5 class who was mentally and physically abused! You would never say anything about abuse being normal/right if you had met him. You just wouldn't.

MMAGirl said...
To help when we see problems. And to help the parents. A lot of times people focus on the children only and do nothing for the parents which means they are free to have more children which ends up in more abuse. The solution is to help whenever you see it. A lot of people see the signs and never do anything to help.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

I completely agree to a point. I believe we should do all we can to help both sides. But if the parents can't be helped, there's nothing you can do and you have to step aside and let the police take care of them.

But once again, I do agree and people should help as much as humanly possible. Well, written and great view! I love it!! :)

Phantom_Girl GOLD, Ft. Carson, Colorado

"If it comes out of the lion's mouth...it will be on the test."
-Mr. Bala

What could possibly be right or normal about child abuse? How is hitting, insulting, kicking, raping, molesting, etc. a child that can't defend his or herself at all normal?

AsIAm PLATINUM said...
on Oct. 25 2010 at 11:43 am
AsIAm PLATINUM, Somewhere, North Carolina

"According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking." — Jonathan Stroud (Ptolemy's Gate)

While children can inadvertently emotionally abuse their parents, I think she means abuse can be just as deadly when coming from older siblings, their friends, or older siblings of your friends.  But whoever is doing it, it is sad.

dre1015 said...

Child abuse in any form is utterly wrong. It's effects last well into adulthood and many adults who were abused as children continue the cycle of abuse with thier own children. This cycle of abuse is now a repetative cycle and is never ending. It is only when the abuser seeks help from a trained and licensed counselor, psychologist or psychiatrist can this cycle of abuse be terminated.

I am a product of child abuse, I sought help and have ended my own cycle of abuse- I never wanted my children to have to live through anything I had to live through. I am in school to become a LCP to help those who are or have been in my shoes.

Abuse is NOT spanking a child on their rear end because their behavior warrants punishment. For those parents who think this is abuse, shame on you. Timeouts, groundings, etc. only work for so long and for certain children. Verbal abuse is from my own experience the consistent cursing and name calling, emotional abuse is neglect, torture harrassment, etc., and sexual abuse (which is abhorrently and immorally WRONG!!!!) is any form of inappropriate touching of any child by a teen or adult (this form of abuse I completely believe you should be institutionalized for). For those parents/ care takers who are abusers of any form---you really should seek help, before you damage another child's life.

xAllegria BRONZE, Singapore, Other

Ça fait tellement du bien d’aimer les gens qu’on aime, que ça finit par faire mal. Je sais pas comment on survit a ça. Non franchement, je sais pas. LOL (laughing out loud) ®, Lola.

I see the facts, but where's the solution...?

Stefegg PLATINUM, Maysville, Missouri

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world."

Lillymay, wow, just-just wow.  I cannot believe anyone would say such a thing. I am at a loss for words...

mella777 said...
lillymay!!! if you ever have children heaven have mercy on your soul!!!! But most importantly on your children.if you think abusing is normal well then your flat out twisted!!( some irony for you) and it's clear you also are suffering from psychological issues. yes yes, i am an accredited psychologist.

Mella777 said...

If abuse isn't always given by the parent, you mean it's given by the child?

poor helpless parents abused by their childen...? step it up!, thats their own fault too!

animegirl said...
animegirl, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Florida

"Make it work," Tim Gunn.

Yes they can help it! U need to think. It doesn't happen on accident!

princess6 GOLD said...
princess6 GOLD, Berwyn, Illinois

"You choose your own destiny" :)

I MEAN broken household-srry again

princess6 GOLD said...
princess6 GOLD, Berwyn, Illinois

"You choose your own destiny" :)

sorry i men broken house hod, english class, and yes sorry for my grammer mistakes

princess6 GOLD said...
princess6 GOLD, Berwyn, Illinois

"You choose your own destiny" :)

I agree completely and I wote an essay on child abuse for emglish class. I found out that most parents that abuse their children, were abused as children and most likely came from a broke household, yeas that's not an excuse for their wrong doings,but it is an explanation

emluvespups said...
on Jul. 29 2010 at 1:48 am
STOP! EVERYONE STOP! Yes child abuse is wrong, but for the people that do it, they might have ssome issues or maybe their sick. You can't blame people on stuff they can't help! I didn't have any expierence with this but i definetly  know about what's the right thing to do about child abuse

Elena_fisher said...
I agree because if they want kids they have to take care of them. But if you don't want kids and you do you can let them go to a adoption center

bluespark13 said...
on Jun. 15 2010 at 7:42 am
 i agree 2 people like that shouldn't have children >.<

funnythewayitis SILVER, Redmond, Washington
i agree wholeheartadly that people who abuse children shouldnt have them. however, with experience, I know that abuse in the home isnt always given by the parent.

thejoyofrediscovering GOLD, Olney, Maryland

"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song." - Maya Angelou

That is disgusting and totally uncalled for lillymay. Imagine if you had to live with being abused EVERYDAY. Some of my friends are abused. Shame on you.

skywitch BRONZE, Salem, Massachusetts

~ A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.~ Agent K
Men In Black

Killing your child may be perfectly normal to some animals but not to humans. 

P.S. Why do you think child abuse is normal?