Dare To Be Different | Teen Ink

Dare To Be Different MAG

Recently I noticed, when chilling with one of my best friends, all these really fine guys are constantly trying to get with her, and I wanted to know why. I think the two of us are equally beautiful, but for some reason, she has all of the luck when it comes to guys, and they hardly even acknowledge my existence. So I asked her and some guys who like her what was up, and they all said that it was because of her "I don't care what people think about me; I'm just going to be myself. If my clothes don't match and my hair is nappy, I'm still going to be happy" attitude. And when I really think about it, I realize that it's her "I am the woman, and what I say goes, because I'm in charge" personality. That's what guys dig.

So if I stopped being so boring and predictable, and started doing unexpected things, I could be my own person with my own unique and funky personality. I used to be jealous of her, because she always got what I wanted, but now I admire her bravery, and I know that I'm an awesome person, and I want to express myself, well, so I'm going to open my mind and become the cool person I can be. ?