The Rumor About Rumors | Teen Ink

The Rumor About Rumors MAG

He said/she said - when will it ever stop? Probably never. Let's face it everyone loves gossip as long as it's not about them. When was the last time your friends were about to reveal a juicy secret when you said, "Stop, I don't want to know." Be for real. I don't think we'll ever be able to put an end to this he said/she said issue. Like I said, everybody loves gossip.

I could sit here and preach about how it is not right to meddle in other people's business and if you hear a rumor, keep it to yourself, but face it, this is the real world and we are all human. I'm not saying that it is human nature to spread rumors, but the spreading of rumors is natural. You see it all the time in the media although that doesn't make it right. You just have to accept it as a part of life.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that because there may be rumors around about you, that doesn't mean you have to respond. In my opinion, if you don't want something told, don't tell it. Some things are meant to be kept to yourself. So the next time you hear someone's spreading rumors about you, don't react; just take it as a compliment that someone thinks that you're that important to spend their time talking about you. ?