Why We Will Always Need Optimism | Teen Ink

Why We Will Always Need Optimism

January 31, 2019
By isabellabrogna BRONZE, Austin, Texas
isabellabrogna BRONZE, Austin, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Optimism drives many, while a lack thereof drags the rest along. In a world without problems to be solved, what becomes of those devoted to the hope that there is something better to come? When the journey to reach peace has come to an end and none question the source of their next meal, will optimism still be a driving force in society?

Optimism embodies the hope of future success. Optimists tend to anticipate the best outcomes while simultaneously preparing for the worst. Facing the world evolves into a much less daunting feat when positivity enters the mind, whereas a lack thereof allows fears to permeate the mind, clouding the ability to succeed.  When acted upon, optimism can lead to incredible growth and development, whereas simply imagining that good things will befall you creates a stagnant energy that produces nothing of value. The happy endings sought by so many require an active role in order to be achieved. If one simply dreams of the idea of good things to come without acting upon this desire, they will be met with nothing but disappointment. True optimism recognizes the potential for failure yet pursues a better future without fear. Optimism grants the ability to keep going in search of something better. It produces a  mentality of positivity and drives away unnecessary doubts. With optimism on your side, mountainous tasks seem more manageable.

Optimism produces growth and development essential to our society both with and without world problems. Without the hope of optimism, our world would be filled with doubt and despair. It allows the dreamer to continue dreaming and the realist to create a plan for success.