Perfection Chases Imperfection | Teen Ink

Perfection Chases Imperfection

By prachigupta_7 PLATINUM, Thane, Other
prachigupta_7 PLATINUM, Thane, Other

What you seek is seeking you!

No one is perfect. What is so new in this saying? Everyone knows that each one has strengths and weaknesses. But the present insight is that although people say that it is obvious for no one to be perfect, they do not walk their talk.

We are always engaged in criticizing or judging people around – whether it be our colleagues, friends, neighbours or even a person you have just confronted with. We always judge people for their faults and assets. But remember, if you avoid people for their mistakes or dislike them for certain qualities you will always be alone in the never-ending search of a ‘perfect associate’. Even a saint, a sanctified or holy person who has conquered the materialistic desires and the evils of anger, jealousy is not perfect. He has just acknowledged his strengths and weaknesses and balanced them with self-control and self-discipline.

The past is to prove that no one is perfect; the future is to prove that everyone can change and the present is to analyze your virtues and vices and counterbalance them. I believe we all are like a chemical equation. When any of our traits is augmented, we become unbalanced. For instance, the amplified pride in a successful person, the negativity in a pessimist that makes him unhappy. This results in making our thinking unsteady. Psychologically over-judgments and criticism makes one to think that he has more short-comings than strengths. Even this makes our mind unbalanced as we get depressed, upset or agitated by all this. The impact of your foibles is increased and therefore no matter how hard you try, those fruitless efforts make you feel like a failure. But if we change our perception to this by simply thinking that the equation of my flaws and skills has become unbalanced rather than filling your mind with those nagging thoughts of being faulty or imperfect, you will see a different world and a different you.

“We all are sinners, judging sinners for sinning differently”.

Though it is rightly said that you are your best critique but no man is a judge of his own merits and to judge your own self you need to get time out of judging people. So now don’t just read my article for the sake of it but follow the implication that it gives; become a judge of your own merits, know your strengths and weaknesses; enhance your strengths and curb your weaknesses and get out of this competition of perfectionism. By the trap of being too perfect we create a hurdle in our path of learning and growing.  The idea is just to focus on one’s own pace in whatever field you are as you cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. Even a bright future has a dark past behind likewise there is something imperfect behind every perfection. Each time you try to be perfect in something you become imperfect in the other. As for a computer brain in mathematics may miss out precision in other subjects. My mom calls it a triangular cycle: you chase perfection, perfection will chase imperfection and imperfection will chase you. So let’s focus on our own pace and strive for excellence rather than perfection.