Death Wish | Teen Ink

Death Wish

By freakycatlover DIAMOND, Antrim, New Hampshire
freakycatlover DIAMOND, Antrim, New Hampshire

"You know?"

Author's note: "What inspired me to write this story was that I wanted to make a point to young people about being appreciative about what they have."

In every story, there is a war. In every war there is one day a victory. So many victims killed by another’s sword, a sword covered in their own blood. War, bloodshed that is all my people know. That is all they go by, they think violence is always the solution. A sword covered in innocent people’s blood. My country like so many lost in its hell. Colorless blood so blackened with age.
The blood of an innocent man spilt upon the blade. He was taken from his wife Kieta, and his long missed daughter, Anna. He was accused of harming an innocent girl, an Aztec slave by blood not color.
My name is Anna; I was sold into slavery to a man. Though he was a drunk, he insisted on taking me in. And, knowing my father he would do almost anything for a quick buck. After all we were a struggling family just trying to get by on what little money he made. God knows he needs the money. He thought to give me a better life, instead of that of living in poverty. We had to drink piss tasting water, eat soggy bread and hand-wash our clothes.
One time we couldn’t pay rent, so we took to the streets. He, the one who found me, thought my life could be better than what was made of it. My life meant little to my father then it did when I lived in poverty. It meant little to him, or as he liked to call it a s*** bucket. My father used to have love in his heart, until he gave it all up for greed. He used to have it all but he lost it. He just let my mother slip through his grip and he let her go. She left him the first chance she got. It has since left him in a stupor. In my world, if you don’t fit the life you’re given, you get a new one. If you get a life you didn’t agree with, you hope that maybe something good will come from it.
Yeah, see no evil. Bullshit, no evil. We are told stories of love to keep us quiet, hopeful. Until one day we slowly and surely let go of all the hope we once possessed. I lost it, the day you first held me, the day you let her go. There was a whole lot of evil in his eyes; hidden away somewhere hoping it might never get out. Pretty, sparkling, and mean.
“Anna, don’t be afraid. You’re safe now.” The strange man said. What I didn’t know then was that I was walking arm in arm with what I would soon find out is a very dangerous man. Since the day he called me Anna, he hasn’t called me by that name again.
He said, “Don’t be afraid.” I wanted to pretend I was tough that I would have a nice life. “Don’t be afraid.” His thoughts whispered. But secretly though I tried to hide it, I was indeed afraid.
She visits her father in prison with scars across her face, arms, and back, which she covered with a black tee-shirt.
“Anna, he struggled to remember.
“Well, I’m surprised you have enough brain cells to remember, asshole!! My life is s*** compared to when I lived with you.”
“Anna, what the hell happened to you?”
“I was hit with a whip across the face. What does it look like? God, you must be blind, though I doubt you’d know if you were.” I removed my sweatshirt letting it fall away from the long hidden bruises on my battered body. You sold me to a drunk, Dad. During one of his drunk fits of rage, he threw a glass of wine at me. He got mad when I tried to cut him off from his beer for the night, so he reached for his whip.” I said.
Why had I even come here? I thought to myself.
“You’re miserable, he pointed out.
“No, really, I replied with some sarcasm in my voice.
That’s why mom left you, I whispered while still in earshot and pacing. I continued, because you’re so willing to do anything to get the next dollar. Or excuse me, did you mean to sell her into slavery too?”
“Excuse me?” he asked.
“You heard me, and you know I’m right.”
“No, no you got it all wrong, he said. Your mother wasn’t sold into slavery. Your mother was a witch, and vampires have a strong desire for witch blood.”
“What happened to her then? Did she run off with him, because you didn’t love her enough?” I asked laughing, which made him angry with me.
He sprung across the floor pinning me against the wall his hand held my throat his hold was unbreakable to any human. “You cut the s***, or I will drink every drop of blood from you. Do you understand?”
“Please don’t hurt me! He was still gripping my throat with anger, and even though I said I was sorry he wasn’t letting up. Until I blacked out, he didn’t let go, then all I remember is, him whispering how sorry he was. There was someone else in the room, ‘you’re weak’ I remember hearing the unknown stranger say. It was his creator I think, the one who forced him to create me for unknown reasons. Then the next thing I know something is cutting into my throat either a knife, or his teeth, all I remember feeling is as if my humanity was just slowly, slipping away. Oh, s***, was the last thing I thought.
I woke up with a human named Ally who told me she was a sixteen year old bleeder. I remember thinking, what the hell is a bleeder?
I can hear you he whispered from behind me, you are not very familiar with our world are you?” That was when I looked in the mirror and saw fiery eyes looking back at me.
“What the hell did you do to me!!? This can’t be real I remember thinking wake up, wake the f*** up! This isn’t real. Only I didn’t.
That was when I went for his throat. Screams of my own anger came from my unfamiliar body that would be destroyed if I didn’t feed soon, I knew. I woke up chained in a dungeon as I was soon classified as dangerous, to anyone and everyone. People here often called me a creation of Satan himself, and the said part is, that is all I think of myself now.
You created me dumb ass, I whispered back. An invisible hand went around my throat as I said this. The next thing I know he was right there.
“What did you just say?” He asked.
“Nothing, I choked around his hand. “You said something, now what was it?” he asked again, starting to lose his patience.
“Nothing”, I said again with the same face as before.
That was when he got tired of hearing it and grabbed my arm and held it tightly, I felt as if an invisible magick was being sucked out of my life filled body, the one I would have forever.
“You don’t talk to your creator like that.” The sixteen year old bleeder said.
“What the f***? What are you, his pet?” I spat at her.
“Michelle come here.” he said. I stand corrected he’s her pet. Shut up she yelled to me through her thoughts.
“No, I yelled back, wondering what she was going to do next.
What do you want me for? He walked away leaving me alone.
He whispered his idea to her. There was a silence. You want me to what? She said after a while. That was when he took out his blade, and put it to his wrists cutting a line, blood flowed from where he cut. “I want you to force her to drink my blood.”
“And if she doesn’t drink it?” Michelle asked.
“Hold her down and force it down her throat.” He said, as if that solved everything.
“That’s not very nice.” She said not liking what she was hearing.
Michelle, remember what happened to you, when you wouldn’t drink blood? He said.
Yes, indeed she did.
They had ripped her fangs out by the roots, because they thought she no longer needed or wanted them.
“That’s what’s going to happen to her, if she doesn’t get used to the fact of what she’s become and that she’s now one of the damned.”
“I am not one of the damned, I can’t be damned I haven’t done anything wrong to be damned I was brought here and that’s it. Don’t come in here if you do I will kill you, too all of you! I threatened the girl.
She walked away from him; they parted, and she returned to where I was.
I yelled at her, as soon as she walked in the room.
“No, no please don’t I’m sorry if I insulted you. Just please don’t you understand what it is like to be free from such things? Why, why are you so loyal to him?” I yelled. “Anna, he gave me a new life because he knew I would appreciate it greatly, I just wish I could say the same for you. I wish you could learn to appreciate life as much as I have especially when you have a life most would kill for. I was left in a Psychiatric Ward, by my Mother soon after she discovered I was a child of the damned. That is why I am so loyal to him; he treats me way better than my Mother ever did.” She finished. “Did he ever use a whip across your backside? Did he hit you? Did he throw broken glass, and make you kneel in it when he thought you did something you didn’t? I don’t think so, so your life wasn’t as bad as mine was when I was still human. My father abandoned me on the side of the road to fend for myself. I was found and taken here when I was shot with a stun gun, and I was too weak, too weak to fight back and he took me here where I am held practically against my will. I was confused and scared and I don’t remember how I came to be in this body.” That was a lie, I was attacked by a blood-thirsty stranger my angry father the one who had pretended he was human all those years. She cut me off. “Anna, you’re a part of our world now and you may never go back there to your human family if you do, you’ll kill them and you will then be destroyed.” She said.
“What other choice do I have?” I contemplated.
“Live as one of us. My mind whispered. I can’t, I won’t. “I won’t I yelled. And I ran from myself or I would run if they’d let me I’d run faraway even if it meant dying. If only I’d listened to my father and had not made him so mad, then I wouldn’t be in this mess in this body one I barely recognized myself in. Every Vampire takes pride in her own beauty that is eternal but most of them destroy themselves before your eyes before their journey begins. “I am not damned! Leave, now just leave me. I will bite you if you even touch me!” I promised her. She made her way toward me. Oh so that’s how it’s gonna be, that’s how you wanna play. Fine, so be it. I thought to myself. I lunged at her, and catching her arm in my teeth I bit down. But as soon as I tasted blood I let go, and began to spit but nothing came I had tasted blood, finally I had tasted blood and finally he’d won. She left her arm held firmly at her side.

“So how did it go?” he asked her as soon as she’d come to see him.
“Well, she tasted blood like you wanted but no she didn’t taste yours, she tasted mine. She bit my arm but not on purpose but our blood back fires and sates though not for long she needs human blood and soon or she’s going to die for sure, and she still refuses to be called one of the damned. And honestly I think that’s what she wants. She misses her family and has unfinished business in the human world. She wants to make a deal with you, and she wants to talk to you.” she informed him.
He went to see her on that note. “You wanted to speak to me? He asked her not as a question. “I have unfinished business as your pet has already told you. I want to see my family and I know I can’t but I just want to look at them and see the look on their face when they find what their daughter has become, and I miss my sister. I’m sorry about her arm, I really am. But I want my family. I won’t taste any more blood until you bring them to me and you put your spell on them.” I made myself clear as to what I wanted.
“But_ I can’t, you know that it’s risky.” He pointed out.
“I know it is but please it’s what I want and if you took a risk getting me then you can do the same for her please. I want them to know that I’m sorry. Don’t you wish you could say those words to your own family, and besides they don’t have to see you, you can put a disorienting spell on them or something? If I’m going to be like this forever, then I don’t want to be lonely in my forever so they mine as well join me.” she made a point.
“Please, it’s all I want it’s all I ask, I want them to know.”
“No you don’t understand, what you’re asking me to do I can’t do then they’ll know we exist and that can’t be good.”
“But what about what you asked of me what you did to me. They’re probably already wondering what happened to their first born, and instead of losing one like you, I’m losing both. And you can just create another and I can’t. He probably brought me to you when he realized what he’d done and that’s his way of hiding me. Please I’ll lure her out and you pretend to kiss me and then she’ll catch your eye and then you can do it and get my mother too or she’ll be afraid, lie if you have to. Can’t you make them believe you? I’ll go with you. I’ll even under your guidance teach them both to hunt for themselves. I’ll do the rest if you just do that much.” I reassured him he wouldn’t be on his own for this.
“I knew you weren’t going to be easy going about this, but we can try and if she doesn’t learn to feed on her own then she’ll be disposed of. You’re lucky I was considerate of you, and you’re lucky I like you.” for her family she’d be cooperative it was pretty fair considering what he’d taken from her. She just hoped her sister would understand.

“Are you ready?” I asked him nervously.
“You’re already having second thoughts.” He guessed.
“Well it’s just that I don’t want her to see me like this,” especially my sister it’s not so much my mother but_” she broke off.
“But?” he probed her.
“But I feel selfish, just because I have to live this life doesn’t mean they do. It’s not so much the blood that bothers me, it’s taking blood from the innocents that have done no wrong that didn’t do anything to deserve what they got.” I informed him of my troubles. And besides, my sister is kind of crazy.”
“You think it will hurt them, but it won’t and they’re the ones that make it hurt them.”
“No, it’s not that_ I just thought they’d be more at peace knowing what happened to me. And I don’t even remember how I really came to be here, I mean it’s all a blur. When will I remember? I think about it all the time.”
“That’s not what I expected to hear. You’re more curious than hurt and more scared than not but for them not for you,” He reasoned with her.
“No,” I just I want to go back,” she emphasized, and it’s the fact that I can’t that scares me because we’re talking about forever. By the time I remember they’ll be dead. And I want my sister, but I don’t know if she’ll even understand me and why I did chose the life I did. But I didn’t choose this you chose it for me.”
“There’s no turning back now,” he told her surly,” time for the plan but there’ll be some changes.” He smiled wickedly at her.
“Run, just run and we’ll take it from there,” he promised her.
She did as she was told and ran. He could run a lot faster than her however. He reached out one long arm and grabbed her by the middle of her waist. This is all a part of the plan. He assured her.
“I don’t know how I ever came to trust you,” she hissed.
Just go with it, he told her, you’re doing great.
“Just_ let me go! Please,” she pleaded and a tear fell from her eye.
He put her down, and began to kiss her and her arms wrapped around him. She went around back to her sister’s window and knocked on it her sister Catherine’s eyes went wide.
“Mom, mom it’s Anna she’s back! She exclaimed.
“Calm down sister, I’m not here to stay but I hoped you’d come with me. Do I tell her? I thought to myself. Then a response came, no its better she not know what is to become of her. It wasn’t my voice but his.
I continued to speak: “Don’t be afraid, she assured the girl, I’m not going to hurt you.”
But she couldn’t hold her gaze to the girl for long. Somehow, the girl broke her gaze and the girl that was now a part of her soul shivered and thought: What am I doing, I am going to end up destroying this girl’s morals. This isn’t even me what was I thinking coming here? Her mind is already excited at the sight of me.
“I can’t stay here Catherine, that was her name, I have to go away I just wanted to see you again before_ before I destroy your life and give you mine is what I wanted to say but I didn’t.
“Listen to me Catherine, I am one of the damned, do you know what that means?” I asked her.
“Damned, what for?” I contemplated.
“I-I killed someone.” I stammered.
“What, why do you come to me then, I asked her.
“Because I want you to join me,” I said pointedly, I miss having you around.”
“No, no that can’t be true, that’s absurd, why, why me? Why now? Because_ she threw her arms around me, and jumped back when she saw him.
“Why are you so cold? She asked in her silent mind, what is he doing here, I’m scared sister. What does he want?”
“That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you,” he cut me off.
“Allow me to explain since she can’t.” he offered.
“You saw us, but we sought you out_ do you know what that means?”
All of a sudden she yelled at the man, in anger or more desperation to understand. “I’m not a child; I’m not an ignorant stupid child so stop treating me like one. I know what it means, I said in a calmer voice. You want me to join you, or more she does. I sighed, but I don’t know you, not any more. It’s just too hard to understand. He’s brainwashed you, and look what he’s done he’s made a servant out of you!”
She shot him a look and he was red in the face, by her retort.
“Catherine, Catherine don’t yell! She exclaimed. Someone might hear you!”
This isn’t going as planned, she’ll ruin us. He informed her as she tried to calm her fifteen year old sister. It wasn’t working apparently, not well enough. A woman entered Catherine’s room, then when she heard her daughter’s voice.
“Catherine her mother asked, who are you talking to? She wondered.
“Anna, my sister the one that disappeared years ago,” she’s here!” she was happy now almost proud that she found her after so long without her.
“What do you mean ‘here’? There’s no one here but us. She’s dead, remember?” her mother pressed.
They’d already moved on, she knew at the sound of her mother’s voice and she was just making it worse for every one by showing her face around here again. Especially as what she’d become, a vampire uh, the name disgusted her and she wondered if it even fit her anymore. Monster was more like it. I couldn’t see her any-more and she couldn’t see me anymore either because she couldn’t keep her mouth shut about her and couldn’t keep their secret. Why had she thought to let her sister in on this? “Let’s go,” I said sadly, I can tell when my presence isn’t wanted.” And with that, I left.

“Why me, why did you change me thinking I could get back at the assholes in this world, why only for that purpose and not something more?”
“Because there is nothing more to this life,” he said coldly, you kill you feed, you don’t get too close.”
“But why, why not get close?” She already knew why but she wanted to hear it from him. “People like us will use your loved ones against you,” he flinched when I touched his arm as if in pain so strong it felt like poison gas splashing everywhere it was hurting, as if that was the only way to make it stop. “They know how bad it hurts,” he pointed out but they don’t know enough about losing the one’s they hold dear.” He closed his eyes.
“What happened?” I asked him eagerly, hoping to know more.
So he sat back against the tree making him -self comfortable. “I just hope she didn’t follow you,” he said coldly,” I haven’t fed tonight at all.”
“I have painful memories, too, Anna,” more pain than what you’ve probably had in your whole life combined. You didn’t lose them, they aren’t gone they’re just distant but they aren’t dead,” he told her, and I didn’t change you for the reason you think. I’ve been through so much and I just needed a companion I just- I’m sorry to say that I’m not sorry for what I did to you. You have it easy compared to me,” he told her.
“What happened to them then?” she asked him. “You aren’t going to believe me even if I told you and I’d have to start at the beginning.” He told her, it’s a long story, and you aren’t going to believe me any way.”
He reasoned with her.
“Try me,” she challenged, and he smiled settling back into the comfort of the trees.
So he started at the very beginning of the story: “We’ve met before, your mother and I once when you were very little,” he began, your mother had a hard time conceiving a child,” he continued still, she was infertile and the doctor forbid her to try to even get pregnant, she didn’t listen and she ran off with him. She found out she was to have a girl and she was excited at first, she didn’t know anything about a second child she was to carry soon after the first.” He paused as if he couldn’t continue, and looked at her.
“It’s okay, I’m not afraid.” She informed him, because we can get through this, in fact I think we can get through anything.” She was so confident.
“You should be,” she looked at him confused. He found his voice again that he’d lost for a moment. She was so beautiful, he thought and brave too, damn when will I get a girl like her? But he didn’t say this out loud, but it was as if she’d heard or seen his expression or read his thought.
She leaned in close to his face whispering, “Don’t be afraid,” she pleaded, why do you have to be so tense all the time? You can kiss me its okay.” She assured him.
But he still didn’t meet her eye. “What are you so afraid of?”
“Nothing,” he said but the thought of a lie bothered him she could tell.
He continued, “Your mother didn’t want to carry a child of the damned and for years she feared it might happen,” he breathed, but it didn’t with you. But when she got pregnant a second time, one of the damned came to her she ignored him. But when she did give birth there was something about her new child that made her regret keeping her. Something that made her regret her ignorance of the intelligent man. So she sent the child your sister Catherine, to a Psychiatric Ward, where they put her in binds on a bed and she cried and no one came so she just lay there and when someone did come it was someone whose face she didn’t recognize.
Someone with red eyes, a cape and a desire to help her; he looked at her and she didn’t meet his eyes. When she did, she asked him what he wanted. To get you out to help you get back at them, every last one, take my hand child and you shall forget about pain and love and the kindness of your heart will turn cold and black. You will feel nothing.” He promised she and she accepted and he took her hand and kissed it and it turned to ice and her hearts warmth melted and also turned to ice.”
She interrupted him,” But who would want that? Why are you telling me this?” she wondered why she’d even asked.
“I’m getting to that, just be patient.” He promised her.
“That’s why you couldn’t touch her with your gaze her soul is in holding, she doesn’t have one when he touched her that night in The psychiatric Ward, he took her soul her warmth of her heart is gone. She is soul less. And everyone around her, everyone she touches becomes soul less, but listen to me Anna,” he looked at her, only a person like her can hold that much evil inside themselves.”
“What are you saying, she can’t be helped because my mom’s the reason she’s soul less.”
“No, I didn’t mean it like that_” I cut him off.
“Then what did you mean?” I snapped.
“Anna she’s distancing you from every one you love_” he started again until I broke him off a second time.
“I don’t love you,” I retorted maybe I did for a split second but what you’re asking me to do is not just hard, it’s impossible she’s inside me now and I won’t destroy that for you. I won’t kill her for you, she’s a part of me my family the only one who’s ever understood me.”
“She’s putting words in your mouth you don’t know what you’re saying_” he tried again, but eventually gave in.
“Maybe you’re the one who doesn’t just leave me alone!” I requested and left for somewhere farther away so she’d not have to return to where she’d been to face the truth. What he’d told her made so much sense…

So I went to find her, the girl the one he’d mentioned, and where you’re probably wondering? My old house, my old child hood house; they let her come back to live with them for a while, because they were afraid of her because they’d known what she’d become. But she’d left, to find me but I knew she’d be there now, probably sleeping or maybe not.
When I got there, her room was empty her bed freshly made as if she never slept in it. I knew why: they’d sent her somewhere else, to a psychiatric ward when she claimed that she’d seen me. So I was surprised to see her standing there outside already waiting for me.
I knew she wanted to tell me something, and I had a pretty good idea what it was, but I would listen because I wanted to get every last missed detail of what happened to my dad. “Hello Anna, how nice to see you,” she informed me, her evil venom like smile spreading across her face. “What do you want, Catherine?” I asked her. “I want to make you pay for hurting me, making them send me away.” She told her half-sister. “It’s your fault I am like this, after all. But maybe we can make up, and be friends again; however a little blood will have to be spilt for this.” She smiled again at her. Only this time Anna wasn’t looking at her, she refused to look at the girl who’d grown so evil, and the one she’d called her sister so many times, the name died on her tongue and the blood in her veins became chilled. “Don’t meet her eyes, don’t get too close, and don’t let her touch you,” a warning called out to her but the voice seemed distant, and far away. Her thoughts were interrupted.
“Okay,” she said calmly, “but first I want to know why you pointed your finger and accused dad. He was the only family I had at the time, and now he’s dead in prison.” She informed her half-sister. Her sister only smiled,” People like that don’t deserve to not feel sorry,” she told her sister. I did it because it was better than not doing anything.”
“Wait, wait you bit him?” I asked her.

“He was technically asking for it, but no I didn’t because I wanted him to pay for what he’d done and I wanted him to feel it.” She pointed out, all that pain you felt as he was hitting you, and I wanted him to feel what it was like to be the victim. In knowing what he’d done in letting his daughter fall to the damned? And knowing the other would soon follow suite. She had lost her smile; he killed himself in prison by his own hand.”
“What kind of sister are you?” I asked her in disgust.
“The worst kind,” she said, “but does it really matter where all the hate comes from? I did you a favor a lot more than you’ve ever thought to do for me. I hoped you’d come, when I was in that room, and It was so dark. I called for you, but you never came. I was scared then, but I’m not anymore I’m just cold.” And soon you will be too, the thought flashed quickly through her mind. “I can help you please let me,” I said, please.”
The girl laughed and it was cold and dry. “How, you can’t help now it’s too late for me,” she informed her, and I won’t let you.” She reached out and grabbed her step sister, Anna’s throat. She threw her backwards on the ground, and Anna stumbled. “This will only hurt for a second.” The girl promised, before removing the girl’s hair from her neck.
“Please, please don’t hurt me, I_ I didn’t know where they sent you, so I couldn’t help.” She informed the girl.
“That doesn’t change anything,” the girl told her but her fangs disappeared momentarily.
“They- lied, mom lied,” I informed her, whenever I asked about you she wouldn’t tell me where you’d gone_”
“It’s not entirely their fault; I shouldn’t have taken his hand_” she broke off when she heard heavy footsteps approaching from somewhere behind her.
“Whose hand, who’s done this to you?” I asked her.
“I choose to say no more,” she told her sister.
“You better not,” a voice said from behind her. Before she could say anything, a hand struck her in the side of the face, leaving bloody gashes behind. Catherine stumbled and it didn’t appear she’d be getting up any time soon. “Hello, Anna,” he said smiling. She recognized the man almost instantly. “It was you; you’ve been with me the entire time ever since the hanging of my father. In the forest, I informed you of my troubles with blood and the killing of innocents. I told you I wanted to see my family again, and you only accepted when I mentioned Christine. So you could use her. Did you make her point her finger to my father?” She asked him almost yelling.

When he didn’t answer, this made her more suspicious. “Did you?” she shouted and began to rapidly shake his shoulders, and she met his eyes, which were red then it all came into place. “Oh my God, you didn’t! She was even more devastated when it all began to make sense to her.
“You tried to use me, when you couldn’t use her, when you couldn’t get her to obey you. You’re the one who changed her, and made her damned, and you came to her and made her forget everything she ever cared about! How could you, she trusted you and you took advantage of her. You went to my mom, and she requested you to protect me, you’re the one who drew my blood, and you sent an innocent man to prison to pay for your crime. And you took her soul, but in turn what did she get? Answer me that. How will I ever forgive myself for this? You bit me and made me damned like her. You figured that if you had us both, no one would ever find her and the whole time I sided with you! I’ve never been so disgusted with myself. You wanted her to get me, and turn me cold, tearing open my families wounds in the process. But in turn, you got two pissed girl’s and when she tried to decide for herself when she finally decided what it was she wanted you threatened to return her to the ward. Who the hell are you; I don’t know you and you me. All you ever cared about was what you wanted, never thinking about anyone but yourself. What about me, you care about me, don’t you?”
“Of course, I do,” he told her.
“Bullshit, what do you want from me?” I asked.
“You still have a choice_” his voice broke off.
I knew where this was going, already, I didn’t need any hints.
“No, no I won’t give into you, ever again.” I promised him.
“What if you didn’t have a choice?” he asked her, waiting for her to answer.
“I- don’t,” she began to deny him. But even she was having second thoughts, but she wasn’t just going to get up and walk away from her sister not this time. She didn’t have the cold heart to do that again.
“Okay smart ass, what’s my other option?” she challenged him.
“You can still save her,” he told her.
“What, how?” I demanded.
“Sacrifice yourself; her soul is still in holding.”
“What do you mean sacrifice myself, and what do you mean, ‘in holding’?” she asked.
He didn’t answer her, and in an instant she knew. She had to sacrifice her blood, to save her sister’s soul which meant he had to bleed her and drink it. “That won’t work I’m already a vampire.” He already knew this, but knew she was lying. She looked more closely at him for the first time and noticed he was wearing thick, leather gloves. “Why are you wearing gloves?” she was even more suspicious and felt even more stupid for not noticing them before. He still didn’t answer her. So she went for his gloves to see if she could get a reaction from him. When I finally got the gloves away from him, I noticed one thing, the thing being his hands were covered in blood. He had killed, she guessed. “What did you do?!?!” she exclaimed in agony. “Let me explain, he tried, but she was not listening anymore. “You killed someone I know, who did you hurt? It better not have been my mother’s blood, or so help me_” her anger was about to the point of boiling over. “It’s not your mother’s its Catherine’s I just never washed my hands after I drew her blood. And really it was quite easy, you see_”
“Don’t, don’t you even say she was an easy girl, an easy target.”
“You want to save her don’t you he said, changing the subject to something no less scary than before.
“I’m not so sure,” she said, I don’t want to be cold like her, forever.” She shuddered at the thought of it.
“No?” he was taken aback by her answer, in fact Catherine practically begged for his gift.
“You heard me, I said no,” she said angrily.
“You don’t have a choice,” he informed her, what about Catherine?” He reminded her.
“What about her, she’s stupid and it’s her fault she’s in this mess.” She said with a sigh.
“Enough talk. What do you want from me?” she said with impatience making its way into her voice.
“I just want a taste,” he told her a smile made its way to his lips, and he waited.
“Uh, very funny,” and she began to walk away just to see his reaction to the rejection, Wait a minute, what?”
Catherine woke up and rubbed her head, and for a moment was disoriented with the room spinning around her. “What’s so funny?” I asked. He answered her instantly, “What you just got your friend in the middle of. You bit off more than you could chew. Now you have to let her in or let her go.”

“You know that’s not what I meant. I’m not actually going to bite you,” he promised her, “God no, I just need to bleed you into a goblet, and throw it down into the well and her soul will be freed, in turn for yours.” He informed her.
Catherine started to shift and said,” “No, no don’t do it!” she shouted.
She finally caved in. Not to her own accord of course. She walked over to him, and put both of her hands on his face, and tilted his face toward her neck. And she was taken aback when he shouted, “Stop!” And when he reached out for her, his hand touched her and whispered, ”You will feel nothing.” He promised, and her heart ceased to beat, and turned cold like her sister’s, only this time a lot colder. Her hearts warmth had melted turned to ice. And everything went black, he had them both now, under his spell and in the end he won. “What did that get you?” the girl’s words and also the words used by his mother many times. Revenge, after all he had won at his own game. He had come to terms with his obsession with her and her blood. He put his lips to her neck, and had a taste. In the end he had won and they had lost. “What did that get you?” the words of the girl echoed in his mind once more, and then died away.
Forget about love, forget about loss, embrace the love before all is lost or in the end be lost. Embrace love before you distance yourself from those you hold dear.
The End