Mightier than the Sword | Teen Ink

Mightier than the Sword

May 29, 2011
By OhJayEee, Monroe, Oregon
OhJayEee, Monroe, Oregon
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Summary:

When bodies begin turning up on the city streets with pacifiers wedged in their mouths, the media couldn't be happier. Stories of the infamous "Babysitter" killer dominate the headlines, creating panic, sensation and profit. With no original stories left to report, Carol Greene, a young reporter at a small local paper, gets directly involved by publishing an open letter to the killer himself, asking questions about his motives and origins.

She tells herself that it's all just a joke, but when the killer writes back, the joke becomes deadly serious. His answers to her questions give her the perfect story and success at her paper, but she remains drawn to this enigmatic maniac. And when she begins to write to him again, there's no telling just how involved she'll become in what could be the biggest story of her life.


Orian E.

Mightier than the Sword


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 3 comments.


on Jan. 23 2012 at 5:41 am
BabyDocra BRONZE, Plymouth, Other
2 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love is like the ocean; You cannot contain it for it is too large, but you cannot unleash it for it would drown the world.

I loved your storyline and the characters, it really drew me in. The only issue I had was that it finished!

OhJayEee said...
on Jul. 8 2011 at 5:43 pm
OhJayEee, Monroe, Oregon
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment
Thanks!  It took me a long time to get this idea fully developed and written, and it was absolute torture to edit it, but the satisfaction I got in finishing it made the whole process worthwile.  Glad you enjoyed it.

on Jul. 7 2011 at 12:52 am
TrulyRosa BRONZE, Beaverton, Oregon
2 articles 0 photos 46 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Play the wrong note and we'll all b[e] flat."

All I can say is wow, great job! You had me hooked! I love this - it's so original and I've never read anything like it before. Five stars!