Haylee's Crazy Cousin | Teen Ink

Haylee's Crazy Cousin

Author's note:

Blake isn't a bad person, he just grew up in a bad neighborhood, with bad parents. He was around bad people and he's made bad choices.

I was only six years old when I found out the cruel truth about life. Everyone is for themselves and that’s it. My family never treated me like a person, I just did what I was told. When I was sixteen, I was forced to get a job and give them all my money. If I refuse to give them money, they would beat me until I gave in. I was getting so tired of this bulls**t. I hated the neighborhood because it was the bad part of the town. So, at seventeen, I moved from Florida to Tennessee.  

It was rough for the first month because I had no job, no money, and I was living on the streets. But anything was better than living in that hell hole. I wasn’t sure what to do with my life. People never seemed to care about me. They are either fake or rude to me. People are just the same, I have never met an honest and truly kind person. That’s when the idea came to me, why not be an assassin? I can get rid of these nasty people and get paid to do it! So, I got a quick job to get enough money to buy a computer. After I got a computer, I made a website on the dark web. I went into the woods and built a house. 

It has been a good five years since I started this job. It’s now springtime and I haven’t had anyone request me to kill someone. But, one night I got an email from the crazy chick, saying she wanted to meet up and set up a plan for this request. No one has ever wanted to meet up and plan for the job. So, obviously, I emailed her back saying that she was crazy, and said no. She emailed me back saying she would pay me double if I met up with her. I couldn’t refuse, it was a lot of money. She took a week to email me to meet up with her at this park. 

I went to the park and waited. I was wearing a mask to hide my identity. She took her sweet a** time to get to the park. I was getting annoyed, and I was about to leave but she showed up, finally. She was this short lady and was dressed in rich clothing.  

“What the hell took you so long, you were the one who wanted to meet up with me! I have been waiting for over an hour!” 

Her face said it all that she didn’t give a sh*t about what I was saying. 

Haylee’s Cousin: “The person I want dead is Haylee Jones, here is her address and a picture of what she looks like. I also want her dead before her father dies. Just a few more months left. Here’s half the money so you know I’m not playing around.” 

She then got up and left. I took the money and information about the request. 

I decided to do some background research on Haylee so I could figure out how to kill her. I found out she’s from a rich family and her father is the owner of this building company. Haylee was working for her father. So, I assumed that Haylee would get everything after her dad dies. So, why did this crazy lady want her dead? So, I researched who was in the family and found out that my client is a cousin of Haylee. She must be next in line to get the money. Then I saw that there was an opening for a job as an assistant for Haylee. Now I have an opportunity to get close to her. Luckily a have a fake ID, that I will use to get this job. I filled out the application and now all I do is wait. 

A week went by, and I finally received an email saying that I got the job. I headed to the company and made it past the front desk and now I’m on my way to her office. I am greeted by the short girl.  

Haylee: “Hello you must be Ben, I’m Haylee, it’s so nice to meet you!” 

Blake: “It’s very nice to finally meet you.” 

The meeting began and she basically told me what I was supposed to do and what the company was all about. After that, I began to work, and I realized that she seemed nice but there must be something bad about her. The more time I spent with her the more she convinced me that she was a good person. She was the first person I met that was genuinely good. Now I don’t know if I want to kill her. The whole reason I started doing this job was to kill off the bad and get paid for it. But Haylee isn’t a bad person at all. I don’t know what to do. I decided to do it anyway because I’m already too deep into this job, and I was already paid half the money to do this job.  

I went on with the plan, getting close to her, so I could be alone with her to kill her. I still didn’t want to kill her, and I will regret this, but I must. A month later I was invited to her father’s mansion to eat lunch with her as a thank you for all my hard work. We ate lunch and then we walked into her room to talk some more. She had a nice room; everything was neat and clean. I think it’s better to get this over with because I’m way too involved in this job. I’m kind of going to miss her smart-a** remarks and how kind she treated me. I feel bad but I must do this. I walked up behind her ready to stab her, but she turned around and I quickly hid the knife.  

Haylee: “Thank you for being awesome assistance and a good friend. I’m glad my father chose you.” 

Blake: “Well, I wouldn’t say I was an awesome assistant, but you're welcome, and I’m very grateful to be working for you and being a friend to you.” 

Haylee: “I would love to do this again and thank you for coming. Now you may leave because I’m quite tired."

For weeks I had so many opportunities to kill her, but it was like she knew I was about to kill her. But I think this last attempt she pick up on and now she wants to have a meeting with me. She is very brave because she set up a meeting where it was just us and no one around. I make it there.  

Haylee: “I know what you're trying to do, but what I don’t get is why? Why do you want to kill me?" 

Blake: “Okay you got me, but don’t take it as I want to kill you, which I don’t. I’m not Ben, my name is Blake, and I was sent here by your cousin Rachel. She wanted you dead before your father dies.” 

She was shocked and mad and her cousin. 

Blake: “I’m sorry, this is my job and after I met you, I didn’t want to because you were the first person who is truly a good person.” 

Haylee: “That’s fine, you were just doing your job, so you're going to help me take down my cousin and I won’t report you to the police, deal?” 

I was surprised that she said that, but I knew I had no choice but to help her. I wanted to help her anyways because she was a friend. We began to plan on how to expose her cousin. She had the brilliant idea for me to set up one last meeting with her cousin and she would be hiding somewhere and film a video of her. Which was smart but the cousin might suspect something. I set up the meeting and went there to wait for her to come. She arrived and seemed to be very causations of her surroundings.  

Blake: “I just wanted to go over one more time about the plans because I need more details."

Haylee’s Cousin: “Ugh fine, you idiot! I told you to kill."

Haylee, before her father dies, which your time is running out. You need to hurry up or I won’t-”. She got up and left. 

We got everything on camera, and I deleted my website before exposing her. The next week it was all over the news. Haylee’s father was very upset and took Rachel off the will. Rachel was sent to prison for the rest of her life, for attempted murder. And after that I went on and found a new job and she went on with her life. My job is a small company that I made to help the poor. We build houses for them.