Inescapable Nightmares | Teen Ink

Inescapable Nightmares

June 9, 2019
By Sofiathebookworm146, Cerritos, California
More by this author
Sofiathebookworm146, Cerritos, California
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Author's note:

My name is Sofia, I'm in high school, and I love writing poems/stories about tragedy. I've always loved creating work that had an emotional impact on my readers. But I've realized that I should attempt writing my first horror story. Composed of tragedy, blood, gore, and misfortune. Hope you enjoy!

 YEAR: 2019

    “Overhears come with bloody tears! Overhears come with bloody tears!” I roll my eyes at the zombie animatronic repeatedly saying the same statement as I exit Target and its annoying Halloween section. The windy breeze plummets against my skin. Reminding me that it is fall, which means Halloween is coming up. The leaves start flying along with the wind in arrays of red, orange, and yellow. An aroma of fresh apple cider and pumpkin spice are welcomed into my senses.

    As my aging, grey neighborhood comes into view, I get the eerie feeling that someone is watching me. I whip my head behind me, only to see the empty sidewalk. I start picking up my pace, trying to escape this terrible feeling that someone is following me. I suddenly stop in my tracks, due to three police cars parked in front of my house. What is going on? I think to myself. I jog over to a police officer who’s crouched over the hood of his car, jotting down notes on a notepad. “U-uh sir?” I squeak out in a small, timid voice. He turns to me. If I wasn’t so concerned on why there are police cars parked in front of my home, I would definitely cackle at the mustache this officer has. It is curled up at the sides and spirals several times. His hair is parted in the middle, intensely gelled down onto his tan forehead. “Yes?” He says, boredom barraging his baritone voice. I immediately recognize his thick western accent. Might as well put a toothpick in his mouth. I internally chuckle at that. “What’s going on? Why are there police here?” I ask. “Well, there’s been some uh, disturbances in the city lately so we’re goin’ to be makin’ sure nothing fishy’s goin’ on ‘round ‘ere.” He says. Yet, I’m still confused. “What type of disturbances? Can you be more specific?” I say, slightly irritated. “I’m afraid that’s classified information ma’am.” Why can’t he just say it? I mean, they’re parked in front of my house. I huff in exasperation and walk into my house. “Mom?” I call out. It’s ironically quiet. I start to wonder where everyone is until a whiff of my mom’s famous chicken noodle soup bombards me . I sprint to the kitchen, ready to greet my mother with a hug. I stop in front of the kitchen door and open it, peeking my head through. “Mom?” I say. Suddenly, an unpleasant feeling washes over me. My heart sinks into my stomach at the sight in front of me. I am suddenly paralyzed in my spot. My lip quivers in fear. A police officer is laying on the blood stained kitchen floor, with spiders crawling out of his mouth, ears, and nose. My deafening scream signals my feet to start running, and to not stop until I’m out of this horrid place. I burst out of the door into the cold, night air. Maneuvering through the police officers and their cars. “Ma’am! M-ma’am what’d you see!” I hear the faint voices of the officers calling me. But I ignore them as I keep running. Their voices fading away.

    After a while, my legs start to burn. I stop at a familiar neighborhood as I’m breathing heavily. I look around. But the familiar feeling of terror washes over me. I’m back in front of my house, the house I had just ran away from. My body starts to shake. Once again I run. I run the other way this time. But strangely again, I’m back in front of my house. I keep running. The same thing happens. It’s like I’m stuck in some kind of loop. No matter how fast I run I’m somehow back to where I started. I then fall to my knees in exhaustion. I start bawling. Wallowing in my tears in front of my wretched home.

    “Sydney? Sydney! Wake up!” The voices start getting louder as I open my eyes. I notice I’m breathing heavily and drenched in sweat. I spring up from my bed, looking around my room. My mother is looking at me, her face and voice laced with concern. “Honey, you had a nightmare! You were screaming all night. Are you okay?” She asks. “I-I’m okay.” I say as relief washes over me when I realize it was just a bad dream. “Well come on honey! You’re going to be late for school!” “Ok mom!” I get up from my bed and get dressed. I look at myself in my bathroom mirror, flinching at my appearance. My dark, curly hair is sticking out every-which way. Due to my intense eye bags and pale skin, I resemble a zombie. I start to splash cold water onto my face. As I look up to once again examine myself, my heart practically jumps out of my chest when I see three spiders crawling on the mirror. I jump back in fear. They look just like the ones in my nightmare. Black, with electric blue abdomens. Strangely, my nightmare is still fresh in my memory. I can still remember every horrid second of it. I grab a towel and strike the repulsive spiders until they go limp. I angrily pick them up with the towel and toss them in the trash can. I then grab an apple, say goodbye to my mother, and catch the bus for school.

    After the old, white bus parks in front of my school, I happily hop off, thanking the bus driver. Everyone complains about how ‘revolting’ school is. But in my opinion, it’s like my second home! I get to learn, hang out with friends, and explore. By explore, I mean venture out into the depths of my mysterious school! As if it was that interesting I think while internally rolling my eyes. My red-brick school is approximately 94 years old. I’ve always seen this as an opportunity to investigate every creaky corner and every dusty room in this school. Exploring things is definitely my favorite hobby. Albeit, everyone tells me ‘one day you’re going to regret letting you’re curiosity get the best of you,’ but I just shrug those statements off. I scan the crowds for my friends. “Hey Syd! Over here!” I turn my head only to see my small group of best friends waving me over. “Hey guys,” I say. “Hello Syd!” Cory exclaims in a fake australian accent. I chuckle in response while shaking my head amusedly. He’s the jokester of the group. Not to mention, he looks like one with his vibrant, orange afro unsubtly contrasting with his dark, brown skin. “Shut up Cory,” Sam says while rolling her eyes. She’s the more mature one of the group. Her looks are undoubtedly ravishing due to her pin-straight black hair resembling a sea of mysteries and certainty. But with her perfectly sculpted face, bangs that flop over her forehead swiftly, and full, glossy lips, she could easily pass for a model. Suddenly, Cory pushes Sam. “Your no fun!” He complains. “No, your just immature.” She says while punching his shoulder. “Guys! Cut it out. We have to get to class! The bell is about to ring,” exclaims Issy. We call her the bookworm of the group. Her head is always buried in a book and her red hair is always pulled back into a ponytail. She says it ‘helps her focus’.

Suddenly, the bell rings and Cory grabs Issy’s large, rimmed glasses off her nose and bolts toward their math class. “Catch me if you can!” He blurts out. “Hey, give that back!” She says while chasing him. “Oh come on guys!” Sam exclaims while running after them. I chuckle to myself. Man, I don’t know what I’d do without those guys. I’ve known them for as long as I can remember. Our bond still hasn’t broken or weakened even though we are already Juniors in highschool. We always have each other's backs, especially when we go on adventures. Although, it's been a while since our last journey. That one was very eventful. We snuck into an abandoned cemetery and found some real skeletons. But we haven’t found any other location or problem to explore lately. I’m suddenly torn away from my thoughts as the tardy bell rings. Oh no! I sprint towards my class. I burst through the door, breathless and a sweaty mess. “Ms. Roberts? Why are you late?” Mr. Cesar asks in exasperation from his desk. “I- um. Well. You se-” “You were daydreaming weren’t you.” He interrupts with a smirk. I grin sheepishly, “Y-yes. I was. Sorry sir.” I say with a chuckle. “It’s alright. Smart kids like you always tend to let their minds wander. Now please, take a seat.” He says kindly. I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding. I take a seat, ignoring the heated glares from my classmates.

    The bell rings and I bolt out of the class, on my way to sixth period. Then I can go home. But suddenly, a bad feeling settles in the pit of my stomach. For some reason, I don’t want to go home. It must be due to that wretched nightmare! I can’t help but feel like it will happen again. That nightmare just felt too real, an- “Watch out!” I hear an unfamiliar voice and suddenly I notice a backpack I ungracefully trip over. “Aghh!” I exclaim as I flail my arms in hopes I’d save myself from the painful impact of hitting the ground. But the impact never comes. I open my eyes only to meet Chase Rivers’ green ones as he snakes his arm around my waist, swiftly catching me. He’s the most popular guy in school. Known for his annoyingly good looks and being the star quarterback on the school’s football team. Pretty much every girl falls for him. Well except for me. I despise him. He lifts me up while smugly smirking at me.  “Looks like you fell for me-” “Uh, thanks I guess.” I interrupt his terrible joke as I hurriedly walk away. I don’t have time to stop and conversate with arrogant playboys.

    I finally arrive at my last period, math. I grimace at the thought of dividing large numbers; or whatever you’re supposed to do in math class. I quietly take a seat in the back as Ms. Taylor passes out worksheets. “Just work on these, and yes you can work with a partner,” she says, annoyed. The tardy bell rings and a couple minutes later, Chase walks in with his ‘popular’ friend group who are all on the football team. We make eye contact, but I look away while rolling my eyes. I continue my work, but to my dismay, they all sit right in front of me. My grip on my pencil tightens as I angrily write down the answers to each problem. “So did you hide the body?” I hear one of Chase’s friends ask him in a hushed voice. My hand stops writing and I start listening in on what they’re saying. My heart starts hammering in my chest. Did they commit a murder or something? “Yea, yea don’t worry.” Chase says nonchalantly. “Alright good!” Another says. “You’re sure we won’t get caught, right?” I hear someone ask uneasily. “Dude chill out! We aren’t, ok? And if you’re gonna be a coward about it then you aren’t going to hang out with us,” Chase says coldly. What a jerk! “Alright. You guys know where to meet, right?” He continues. “Yea. The woods tomorrow at 2 A.M.” Someone confirms. “Yea. See y'all there. Don’t chicken out, and don’t tell anyone.” Chase says as the bell rings. What are they talking about? Something terrible is going on, and I’m going to get to the bottom of it.

“You’re kidding right?” Sam says, while everyone stares at me as if I’ve grown three heads. I asked them to meet me at our hang out spot which is a creaky treehouse in the woods. “Of course not! They said they were gonna meet in the woods tomorrow at 2 A.M. We have to follow them and get to the bottom of this! Come on guys we have to!” I plead. “Dude! Do you hear yourself? First of all, you eavesdropped! Second, this is serious! What if they’re planning to murder someone? Do you really want to be there when it happens?” Cory exclaims. “He’s right! We could be getting into real trouble if we do this! You know how Chase and his friends are,” Issy says in an anxious tone. “Oh come on guys! This might just be the craziest adventure we’ve ever done! It’s been so long since we've undertaken a mission! Please guys!” I beseech. They all look at each other as if they’re discussing their decision silently. Then they turn to me. “Listen Syd, you’re our best friend. But this is just not something we want to associate ourselves with. It could be dangerous and we advise that you don’t do this ‘mission’ either.” Sam says apologetically, emphasizing ‘mission’ with her fingers. I gape at them in anger. “Excuse me? What the heck guys! We’re supposed to stick together no matter what! You guys are cowards! All of you! C-O-W-A-R-D-S!” I exclaim, clapping my hands with menacing vexation. “Fine then. Leave. I’m better off on my own anyway.” I shrug. Yet, they stay in place. All with looks of pure shock. “Go! Can’t you hear me? I said leave!” I say exasperatedly. Vigorously waving them off. They all roll their eyes and walk away. “Whatever. I don’t need them anyway.” I say to myself. I then take a seat in an old, wooden chair in the tree house. The eerie silence sets in. The cold air stings my skin, causing the hairs on my neck to stand. The frosty wind acting as a blanket, to emphasize my indignant mood. I close my eyes as I enjoy the much needed silence.

    Suddenly, I hear the sound of a branch snap. My eyes open, as my heart beat picks up. Then I hear the sound of leaves crushing on the ground. Getting closer and closer to me. “H-hello?” I croak out, too frightened to speak confidently. Then, the footsteps get faster. Louder. I get down from the treehouse and frantically look around. The wind suddenly starts to pick up. Vigorously swishing my hair around. The trees around me start shaking strenuously. Towering over me. The leaves from the ground start flying. Creating a tornado of debris. Dirt and dust flies into my eyes, blinding me. Then comes the scream. My scream. Echoing through the forest. I realise I’m trapped. Trapped in this loop of misery. I try running, but I’m stuck. Once I run, I’m back to where I first was, in the woods and in the tornado of debris and sorrow. This is like the nightmare I had. Except, this is not a nightmare. This is real. “Help!” I screech, with the only energy I have left. “Help me!” I scream, trying so hard to be heard over the deafening sound of the rustling trees and spinning debris. Then, I see a glimpse of someone staring at me. It’s Chase, with a menacing smile. Positioned behind a tree. With his head peeking out. His eyes are abnormally red, and his teeth are large, and are in the form of fangs. That is all I see until everything goes black.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

    “Ok it’ll be $5.99 sweetie.” The cashier says. I nod, handing her the money. I grab my bag of snacks from her, trying to ignore my pounding headache. I see kids playing on the grass as I walk out of 'Toby’s Snack Shack'. I don’t fail to notice the pitiful looks their parents throw at me. Ever since three days ago in the woods, I’ve felt and looked absolutely terrible.

    After some time of walking, I finally arrive at my destination. I snarl at the white building that says, 'Los Santos Therapists'. I walk in, dismissing the uncertainty deep in my gut.


   [- - - - - - -- -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -- - - - -- -]


“I don’t know what’s wrong with me!” I tell my new therapist as tears threaten to come out. “The nightmares j-just won’t stop!” I cry. “And they feel so real! I keep seeing the same people in them!” “Who do you see?” She asks calmly, her tight, black bun shaping her tan, heart-shaped face. “I see this guy from school, his name is C-Chase. I also s-see spiders. So many s-spiders! And blood. In every single nightmare there’s blood. And there’s this thing that happens. I-it’s where I start running but I get stuck in a loop! Where it keeps r-repeating.” I say, sniffling. I wipe the tears from my cheeks, while trying to calm my breathing. She starts writing things down as I speak. She looks at me with a bored expression, adjusting her glasses and licking her cherry-red lips. “Well sweetie, it seems you just haven't been getting enough sleep. Just get more sleep and you’ll be fine.” She says, in monotone. She slams her notebook shut and stands up. I stand up from my seat, staggering in shock at how ignorant and rude a therapist could be! She turns to me while my mouth is still agape. “Sweetie close your mouth, you’ll catch flies.” She lifts my chin, shutting my mouth closed. “Now, before you leave, I have a gift for you.” She says mischievously. This draws my attention as she reaches under her desk and grabs a large, cardboard box. Strangely, this box looks very familiar. Once she hands it to me, I immediately flinch at the weight of what’s inside. This ‘present’ can’t be more than about 4 pounds! My hands start to shake as they grip the box. I look at the therapist, only to see her smirking. “Go ahead. Open the box sweetie.” She murmurs. I feel a bead of sweat roll down my forehead. My sweaty hands leave fingerprints on the box. I grip the lid, and pull it off. My heart practically stops at the sight of what’s inside. My teary eyes meet the cold, pale head of  Chase. His limp head resting still in the box. Blood oozing out of where his neck should be. His steely green eyes fixed on me. I drop the box and quickly look away as I see it roll out. At this point, I’m drenched in sweat and shaking in fear. I look at the exit door and immediately run out, hearing the faint, sickening laughter of that horrid therapist. I sprint away from the horrifying place in rapid speed. Not stopping till I get to my house. Luckily, I have enough adrenaline and energy to make it home in approximately 5 minutes.

    Once I arrive, I abruptly stop in front of my door due to the sight before me. There is an immense amount of spiders crawling on the door. The same ones from my nightmares. They’re crawling on the door to my house. The familiar feeling of fear returns. I stagger back and start to scream. “Help! Please! Someone h-help.” I say as I fall to my knees and bawl. I’m tired. I’m sick and tired of everything. But suddenly, an idea springs into mind. What if this all has to do with what Chase and his friends were saying? That has to be it! Instantaneously, I’m torn away from my thoughts as the door to my home springs open, revealing my mother with wild, frantic eyes. But what has me flabbergasted is, the spiders are gone. All of them. There were so many and they just disappeared. The confusion gives me a more intense migraine. “Syd! What are you doing? Get inside!” She exclaims. Isn’t she gonna ask why I’m wailing on the ground? As I stand up, I stop in my tracks when I shakily feel my cheeks. They’re as dry as the desert. When only a second ago, my face was drenched with tears. “Sydney Samuel Roberts! Inside. Now.” My mother says from the living room, angrily. “Coming mom.” I mutter. Once I’m inside, I’m hit with the aroma of my mom’s chicken noodle soup. As if today couldn’t get any worse. “Just another terrible reminder of the nightmares,” I whisper, while sighing in exhaustion. Once I get to my room, I close my door and fall onto my bed. What the heck is happening? Nothing makes sense right now. Ever since I had that gruesome nightmare, my life has been falling apart. Also, what happened to Chase? Did that therapist kill him? That might’ve been the worst thing I’ve ever seen in my life. I sneer at the fresh memory of his pale head, sitting in a box that was held by my arms. But like I always say, I’m up for this adventure; and I’m not going to stop until I get to the bottom of this. Before I know it, my eyelids grow heavy and I drift into reluctant sleep.

    I find myself in the middle of a deserted parking lot. The sky is grey, the air is damp, and I’m numb from the piercing cold. I see a figure, about a mile away. Slowly getting closer. My heart hammers in my chest, unsure of what to do. I start taking steps back until my back bumps into a steel wall I didn’t know existed. The figure is now even closer than before. I squint my eyes, trying to make out who this mysterious figure is. But to my terror, it’s a headless body. A familiar body that belongs to none other than Chase Rivers. His strong, muscular arms reach towards my head, gripping a chainsaw. While spiders rapidly climb out of Chase’s bloody neck, I hear psychotic laughter boom from the sky. I scream as loud as I can. As if anyone can hear you. A voice says in my head. The razor sharp chainsaw only draws closer to my neck. I shakily watch, wincing at the pain that has not yet arrived. “Wake up! Syd! Wake up!” My eyes open quickly, seeing my mother’s frantic eyes shaking me awake. “What is up with you and these nightmares Syd?” She asks, concern lacing her soft voice. “I-I don’t know, ok?” I say, putting my head in my hands. “Well at least it’s Saturday. Now go back to sleep! It’s 1:30 AM,” she says tiredly. Once she walks away, a realization hits. Oh no! Chase and his friends are meeting in 30 minutes! Well, if Chase is even alive. The thought sends shivers down my spine. I quickly get up as quietly as possible, and get dressed. I pack my backpack with a water bottle and some pretzels. Just in case I get hungry, I think, while chuckling to myself. I tiptoe downstairs and head out the door. I know I can’t be gone for too long or else my mom will notice. I start sprinting away from my house and towards the woods as I grip my backpack that’s wrapped around my shoulders. The wind bombards me all at once. Attempting to pull me back, as if it’s warning me. No. I need to figure out what’s going on and why.

The sight of long, dark trees tower over me. I’m here. Here goes nothing. I take a deep breath and start walking into the dark, mysterious depths of the woods. I check my watch, as the time reads  2:00 A.M. I start hearing voices deeper within the trees. Until I see light. As I slowly walk closer, I see a fire. My heart sinks as I see the therapist I visited recently, holding up Chase’s head above a large, crackling fire. Sitting by the fire are Chase’s friends who are tied up with rope, and towels wedged into their mouths. I quickly duck behind a bush, trying not to make a sound. “How did you guys find out about this?” The evil therapist booms. Her tan skin glistens with sweat behind the fire. Her perfectly pedicured nails grip Chase’s hair as his head hangs above the fire. His eyes closed and firmly shut. The muffled screams of Chase’s friends cause me to shake violently in fear. What is going on? Suddenly, my knees start to cramp from crouching for so long. I quickly adjust how I’m sitting until the unthinkable happens. I trip on my own feet and topple forward on the bush. Every. Single. Head. Turns my way. My eyes widen as the therapist drops Chase’s head in the crackling fire, resulting with his friends screaming hysterically as Chase’s head burns. Instantaneously, panic washes over me as the therapist walks towards me, with a wicked grin. “Oh great. Just another nosy scoundrel here to join the party.” She smirks. She grips my hair as I scream, hoping someone will hear me. She quickly stuffs a towel into my mouth to muffle the screams and ties me up as well. “Now, the only way you would be here, is if you eavesdropped,” she says, scowling. Tears spring to my eyes, wondering if this is really the end. “Haven’t you ever heard the saying, ‘Curiosity killed the cat’?” She says while cackling maniacally. I should’ve listened to my friends. They were right. They always are. But my stupid, ignorant self can never just accept that! Now because of me, I’ll never see them again. I’ll never see my mom again. This is the end. “Now, who’s next? Who wants to bring on the heat?” She exclaims, once again laughing at her terrible joke. She then turns towards Chase’s friends. “Remember, you little boys had your chance. But you were too late. So now you’ll never see your little friend. Ever again.”  She says, gesturing to the fire Chase’s head burned in. I manage to spit the towel out of my mouth. There’s no way I’m giving up now. “Let. Me. Go!” I exclaim in anger. But to my dismay, the therapist only laughs at this. She raises her hands in fake fear, “oh no! I’m so scared of the little girl tied up in front of me!” She sings while chuckling. Until her face warps into anger. She lifts up a chainsaw I didn’t know she was holding. Sadly, it’s the same chainsaw from my nightmare. She walks closer to me as my bottom lip quivers in fear. “Let this be a little lesson,” she says. “To never. Eavesdrop. On. Someone’s. Conversation. Again! You nosy brat!” She says each word along with taking a step closer to me each time. Until she does the unthinkable. She swings the chainsaw towards my neck. And this time I know, it is not a nightmare. Sadly, it is real and

It is the end.

    YEAR: 2073

    The Hover Car that belongs to Sam roars as it pulls into her residence. “Grandma’s home!” She croaks happily. She slowly exits the car, using her cane for support. The artificial air of Los Santos enters her senses. Albeit, it’s something she’s grown used to. She sighs sadly at how much things have changed. Everything is different now, it’s outrageous! She thought. Ever since Chase, his friends, and Sydney went missing, everything has changed; ‘for the better’ the governor said. But not being able to be outside for more than two hours is just madness! She thought. Not only that, but Issy and Cory went missing too. None of  her friends were found. Their loss will always leave a dark burden in Sam’s heart. She’ll always wonder, what really happened to them? “Yay! Grandma’s here!” A voice squeaks from inside the house. Sam shakily walks into the house with her cane and is greeted with her grandchildren, hugging her worn out legs. “Hey grandma! Do you have any treats for us today!” Toby, the youngest, exclaims. Sam chuckles and pries the children off of her. She walks up the stairs, ignoring the pain from her old legs. Once she gets to her room, she sits down slowly, careful not to crack her back. Her breathing starts coming out in urgent huffs. She puts her head in her hands, trying to somehow rid of the excruciating headache she has. Maybe I just need a nap. She says in her head. She lays on her back as her eyelids start to grow heavy. She then slowly drifts into a deep sleep.

   

[- -  --  - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - --  - -- - - - - - - -]


Sam’s POV


    I’m in front of my home. There are police cars parked around me. “What’s going on?” I ask an officer. He doesn’t hear. “S-sir! What’s going on.” I say louder. He turns my way. His appearance causes me to stagger back in fear. It’s Chase. But with bloodshot eyes. He is grinning wickedly, with abnormally large fangs for teeth. “Yes?” He growls. I scream in fright. I run inside the house, hoping to find my family in there, where I’ll be safe. My breathing starts to speed up uncontrollably as I heave in exhaustion. I open the door only to be met with silence. “Toby?” I croak out. No reply. I start walking further in the house. Suddenly, I hear the familiar sound of Toby’s favorite TV show sound from his room. I grin in relief as I jog over to his room and reach for the doorknob. “Toby! Why didn’t you te-” I suddenly stop mid-sentence at the sight before me. There are thousands of spiders swarmed around Sydney’s lifeless body. Blood oozing out of her eyes, nose, and mouth. My deafening scream escapes my mouth as I bolt out of the house. Tears blur my vision as I maneuver through the police cars. I catch sight of Chase staring at me with a mischievous smirk, his fangs sticking out of his mouth as if he’s ready for a gory meal. I quickly tear my eyes away from him, running as fast as I can. After a while of running, I collapse in exhaustion. I look up to examine my surroundings. But fresh panic washes over me as I see I’m in the exact same spot I was earlier. In front of my home. The police cars parked in front of it. “Oh no.” I whisper as I get up. I start sprinting away. Only to once again, find myself in front my home. I run again but it is as if I’m stuck in some kind of cycle. After a couple more attempts I give up. I fall onto my knees, my legs aching.  I suddenly realize I didn’t need to use my cane this entire time. Somehow, my legs are as strong as they were back in my high school days. I sta- “Wake up Grandma Sam! Wake up!” My eyes fly open only to see my grandchildren looking at me with concern. I realize I’m practically drowning in sweat. My heart is beating uncontrollably, and there are tears in my eyes. “Are you ok grandma?” Toby asks. I sit up while sighing in relief. It was just a nightmare. “Y-yea, I’m ok Toby.” I say with a reassuring smile. Although, I’m anything but ok. Why was Chase in my dream? What was the meaning of that? Why was Sydney in it? It’s just an unneeded reminder that my best friends are gone forever. “Can you make us some pie grandma?” Toby asks, while the others look at me with hopeful grins. I nod while waving them away. They exit my room while laughing in joy.

    Ever since the first nightmare I’ve had, they never stopped. It has only been getting worse. My headaches have intensified, and the nightmares keep coming back. I know the only way I can get a solution to my problem is by seeing a therapist. I quickly pick up my purse and drive over to the therapist’s office. After a while of driving, I am greeted with the dusty, sign of the white, cracked building. I suspiciously look at the sign that says, Los Santos

Therapists. Ignoring the uncertainty in the pit of my stomach, I walk in. The only sound is the clicking of my wooden cane. There is no one at the check-in desk. But I see a set of stairs which leads to a hallway. There’s a light that's swarming with moths, flickering on and off. I uneasily start to walk up the stairs. I am greeted with a door that says, The Therapist. I shakily reach for the knob, and open the door. The room is dark, but there is a light shining on a black, desk chair. There seems to be a woman sitting in the chair, her back facing me. “I’ve been waiting for you,” she says, as she turns around. I scream once I see a chainsaw in her hand. I quickly turn to run, but to my dismay, the door slams shut on its own. My breath hitches in my throat as I see her walking closer to me. She has a wicked grin. Her tan, heart-shaped face is barely visible in the dark. I start to scream, in hopes someone will hear me. But I realize it’s too late as she swings the chainsaw towards my neck.


THE END



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.