Mask | Teen Ink

Mask

March 14, 2019
By Bulldog23, Greenwood, Arkansas
More by this author
Bulldog23, Greenwood, Arkansas
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments


“Breaking news,Bryen Well has just escaped Blackwater county insane asylum. Be aware that he is very dangerous.”The news blared from the TV.

“I know I was going to be famous one day, but maybe not like this.” I thought to myself.

I’m about to tell you a story on how I saved my mother...Rylie.


Let me fill you in, my father “Jake Well.” Went on a camping trip with my mom.

She fell in love with him. And she believed that Jake loved her. But people don’t kill what they love. Yet this one did. He was insane. As was I.


It was Monday morning, and I had just heard the news on the hotel TV that I escaped the asylum. I was there for over ten years, because I had some problems.

I had to escape to get revenge, but before all of that I had to hide my identity.

 

A mask…...  

Until I cut it down,limb by limb. I had a plan like my father always sayed. But this time will be different.

 

Once I get up I look outside, I was in trouble. I had to do this fast. “But how?” I asked myself.

With a knife just like he did to mom. My mom.

 


I eat my breakfast while I look outside my window. I spot in the far distance a costume shop. I don't have much money so I'm going to have to make this work.


“Ding.” The door rand as I walked in the store.

“Hello.” A server greeted.

“Hi.” I said.

“Feel free to look around and find what you like.” The cashier told me.


“OK.” I said

As I look around I see a white ish mask

“Looks a bit dirty.” I said to myself, Maybe it won't be as much.

“I would like this one please.” I asked.

“I’m sorry this one is not supposed to be there.” the women said.

“Why?” I asked.

“Come with me.” The women said.

“Ok, look this mask has been brought back several times for unknown reasons, that I can't share.” The women said with some concern on her face and fant in her voice.

“What kind of unknown reasons.” I said as I slip a couple of dollars in her hand.

She looked at me and said. “ Time travel.”

“I’ll take it.” I said with a smile on my face.

That night I tried so hard to travel, it just didn't work. Until that one time, it happened. It was weird. I saw my mom,and dad, they were in the greenstone camping site. Number four. I tried to yell at him until my face was dark purple. I was being overtaken by my anger. I take off the mask, grab my coat and sprint out the door. When I get in my car I see a picture of my mother in the console. “I’m coming for you mom.”

 

As I drive down the road I put my mask on I hold the picture in my hand as well as the knife.

“Time to save my mother.” I said aloud.

Darkness, that's the only way to describe it, the wind pushing up against my face as I were in a tornado. I’m hear.

There was the fire the coals still hot. There was the trail they took, I could see the tracks they left. I followed them.


As I followed the tracks I suddenly see Jack with his knife raised about to penatrat her skin.

“Jake!” I yelled

“Who said that?” He responded.

“Your son.” I said as I take off my mask.


As I walk toward him, he sees the picture of my mom.

“How did you get that picture?” Jake asked.

“Its none of your concern Jake.” I said with a smile.

Suddenly Jake runs toward me screaming like a mad man, he swung his knife, I ducked and stabbed him in the stomach it was done.

 

“Oh my God.”My mom said as she fell to the floor crying.

“Why did you do it.”She asked.

“He was going to kill you.” I explained.

“Who are you?” She asked.

“My name is Bryen well, your son.” I said as I hug her tight.

“Welcome home mom.”I said as a tier dropped from my face.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.