Rooms | Teen Ink

Rooms

By Derpyomama, Provo, Utah
Derpyomama, Provo, Utah

"You wanna do it, then do it" -Me

Author's note:

This was made by my friend and he wanted me to share it

January 23, 1945, 10:00 pm.

I was about 25, and was making my way through the thick snow to an old looking house that looked like it wasn’t holding up too good in the heavy snow. I had arrived at the place and looked inside of a rather large crack in the wall to a homely looking living room that was covered in a blanket of snow, as there was a massive hole in the ceiling. I stepped through the empty doorway and started to search the place, I was there because I got a strange call from someone saying that there was a murder in this seemingly abandoned residence. I then found the body of a man inside of a frigid bedroom lying face down in the snow with a large cut on the side of his head. I bent down to take a closer look. But before I could a man jumped out of a closet, grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and threw me to the ground. But before I could do anything he knocked me out with a splintered wooden plank.

January 28, 1945, 6:00 am.

I woke up in the same bedroom but it was now patched up a little bit more as there was no cracks or holes in the walls anymore, In fact it actually looked quite beautiful. I walked out of the room into the same homely living space with the fireplace lit, sending waves of warmth throughout the house. I was in awe on how the house had been rebuilt so fast that I didn’t notice the stray piece of wood lying on the floor. I tripped over it and pushed the front door open mid-fall, landing face first outside in the snow. When I looked back however I saw no nice warm house, but a tall brick apartment complex towering over me. I was baffled so I asked a man passing by when the structure was built, and he told me that the complex was built over 2 years ago. I was shocked and decided I had to get to the bottom of this, so I ran up the metal stairs to the very top floor where the man said no one lived. I barged in and saw no furniture as expected, except for a single chair in the middle of the room. My confusion then turned into fear as I heard the door shut and lock behind me, I turned around only seeing darkness. My eye then caught the glint of two long silver blades coming out of a room, I quickly grabbed the chair and shattered the nearest window with it. I jumped out, expecting to land on the metal platform outside but instead of feeling cold steel I felt wet mud.

April 10, 1950, 4:00 pm.

I stood up, covered from head, to toe, in mud. I was standing in the middle of a muddy dirt road with people going about their business just like nothing happened. I then remembered about the brick complex that I had just jumped out of and quickly turned around, but as expected there was no brick structure towering over me but instead there was the same run down home as before. I was dumbfounded, but I had to take a closer look. I grabbed a firm, stray tree branch as a weapon and slowly walked into the house with caution. After searching the house (with the exception of the bedroom as it was locked) I couldn’t find a trace of the mysterious man that knocked me out with a plank. I then walked outside, confused and astonished of what had happened, until I saw my office down the street. I ran all the way to the building without stopping as I had no time to do so, when I reached my office my heart was beating fast, and hard. I walked into the building and was relieved that everything was familiar and how I left it. I sat down on my office chair and dozed off into a deep sleep.

April 11, 1950, 3:00 pm

I was awoken by a loud ringing somewhere in the room, I then noticed it was the telephone sitting on the corner of my desk. I quickly picked it up and answered the call, a man then responded on the other line saying that there was a murder at the same old abandoned house. I was shocked, but as a detective I still had to check it out. When I got to the residence I came in with the same branch from before as I left it outside just in case. The room was still as broken as before and the bedroom door was surprisingly unlocked, when I stepped into the cursed room I saw the same body of a man lying face down on the ground with the same gash on the side of his head. I cautiously stepped away from the closet at the other end of the room and turned the man over onto his back. I was horrified that instead of seeing a random man I saw myself staring blankly back at me. The closet doors then burst open, revealing the same mysterious man from before, armed with a splintered wooden plank………….