Whos next | Teen Ink

Whos next

By MadsH13, Maysville, Kentucky
MadsH13, Maysville, Kentucky

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get back up. - Vince Lombardi

NArrator (not seen voi ce over) -  may be great friends just how long can they survive .  Well, depending on how far the friends will go for you before they give up. Some, dont know where to stop…….

Faith   - (runs up to her friends about to get on the bus on the  home from school) Guys I thought I told you to wait up~!!!

Alec -  You was taking too long! I have to get home before my little sister does! Or mom will kill me.

Scarlett -  Oh come on! You just told me that you just wanted to hurry up and play video games! We both know your mom would kill you if she seen your grades right now

Faith   -  really? I thought I told you to come to my place later so I can tell you what's happening!

Scarlett - Wait? That was today? Sorry, just tell us now.

Faith   - No! Guess you all wont find out till tomorrow. Any ways this is my stop, see ya.

Alec - (looks at scarlett after waving to faith bye) what do you think she wanted to tell us?

Scarlett  -  no idea. Probably about that strange object she found yesterday.

Alec -  oh yeh, that weird book we found in the woods! Probably saying she found some spooky writing in it!

(both laughs)

`Scarlett -      No, even though she is a scardy cat. I don't think that would make her excited to  show us it. Maybe it has something about the mysteries and rumors about the forest.

*scene directory*  Later that night

Scarlett -   (Scarlett on the computer starts a call to Faith and alec)

*About 1 hour into talking*

Faith   - Oh yeah about the book we found! (goes to grab the book)      (comes back with the book at hand don't sit back down)        Okay so its empty mostly. Hears the weird part what is written is only “ Today is the day your lie be turned upside down. One book centuries ago. With a light that propers to fear no doubt.”     

Alec -  Okay? That was probably some older kids trying to mess with us

Scarlett   -  oh have some fun Alec! Faith I think it is pretty cool huh? Wanna go see if we can find something else tomorrow?

*while still in the call a small rumble starts tho starts getting louder and louder until*

Only on faiths side on screen for others to here!!!

Scarlett - “Faith what is  going on over there ?! ……. Faith can you hear me?! Faith!”

Faith: on screen backs up a bit from camera screams and something grabs/pulls her out of camera.

*connection lost for faith*

Alec   - Faith! Oh my god! WHERE, WHAT HAPPENED TO FAITH?!

Scarlett - I.. I don't know.

Alec:    We should head to her house and see what's going on!

Scarlett - okay meet you there in a couple minutes

*meets in front of of faiths house*

Scarlett - okay, lets see if her parents know anything on what's happening

Alec - ok

*scarlett went up to the door and knocked*

*no one seemed to answer*

*alec looks through the door, window, noticing the house is completely empty*

Alec: um, scarlet…

Scarlet: what?,

Alec: the house. Its completely empty, no one lives here.

Scarlet: what? Let me see! *looks through window* …. U okay that's kind of weird.

Scarlet: *checks to see if the door is locked* its unlocked let's go in

Alec; *follows scarlett into the empty house*

Camera shows them in the middle of the room, with it destroyed, a old barren home that seems to never been touched

Scarlet - I don't understand, where could she have gone?

Alec: I will check upstairs in the rooms. To see if I found anything to figure out where she went.

Scarlet: *walks into what used to be there living room. Looks around the room*

Alec:  *Blood curdling scream*

Scarlett bolts up the stairs   Runs into Faiths old room *

The book that she had read out before disappearing if the only thing in the room that is covered in what we think is blood.

Scarlett: *grabs alec pulling him out of the room* goes back in the room, carefully walks to grab the book, as soon as she grabs it  

Lynn:  *walks out of the closet giggling* Now now, I don't know who you think you are though, trust me you *scream* YOU BETTER RUN *high pitched laugh while running after her.

Alec: *Already out the door and on the road*

Scarlett & Running then dodges around the corner to hide, after a minutes thinking she had gotten away, then realizing that

thing jumps out saying “where do you think your going

Scarlett runs, tripping on a piece of floor that made her fall started screaming

She turning her head look where the thing went, its gone..

Scarlett hurrying to get up, got her foot unstuck and ran outside to alec off the property to middle of the road

Scarlett: What was that thing!!

Alec: No idea

Scarlett: where were you! Were you going to let me die?!!

Alec: I. I’m sorry I just ran then froze in fear. I, didn't know what to do

Scarlett:  Idon't know but, whatever it is. I think it has something to do with FAith disappearing

Alec:  I think your right though, why didn't it come outside of the house?

Scarlett: I don't know guess we will have to find out

Alec: Hey scarlett

Scarlett: what is it

Alec: we should get home, it' almost dark. With all this going on let's try not to be out when it's harder to see what's going on

Scarlett: Wait! *shows him the book* This this thing it. Has to do something with it as well!

It, was the only thing in the house that was there before all this happened

Alec: I will keep ahold of it. So if what that thing is tries to come for it it won't go for you

Scarlett: okay dont forget that we  are neighbors, so anything goes wrong just sceam.

Alec: well see ya we will investigate more tomorrow morning

*at scarlett's home*

Scarlett runs up to her room and grabs a  marker and starts to write it all down.

Scarlett: ughhhh this makes no sense at all!

Scarlett: WHere and what's about that book that could cause all this

*Banging from down stairs*

Scarlett: *Grabs a bat* *carefully starts following the noise leading the the basement*  Walks down the stairs, tried to turn out the light then remembers the light is blows, grabs a flashlight. Looks around the cluttered room to find the noise.

Huge Crashing of metal, the camera will shift real quick before the sound hits.

Scarlett:Jumps in a fright, to only realize it was just her kitten named Sugar

Scarlett: Gosh, Sugar you gave me a fright! Picks up sugar You must be hungry huh? Lets go get you some food.

While at Alecs

Alec: I’m putting this creepy thing up. Throws a book in a shoe box then closes it the tossed under the bed

Alec:Heads down to the kitchen

Something made out of glass breaks.

AlecHeads to the noise he heard….. To find a broken window

He soon realize  someone or something had broken it

Blood curdling screams filled the silence, panicked he goes to investigate.

With a knife in one hand and a  flashlight in the other, he goes through the dark hallway and up the stairs into a bedroom. When he arrived at his destination, the light on his flashlight went out. He started hitting the flashlight with his other hand while holding the knife to try to it back on, while doing so, the door that he recently walked through slammed shut.

Alecinstantly dropped the knife and the flashlight and ran to the door to try to open it but it won’t budge. He tried to open it once open but behind him he saw a light turn on and then turn off.He turned around to see it repeatedly turn off and on and then after awhile it turns off completely and all there was, was pitch black darkness .. With eyes wide he says

Alec “hello who’s there” and then his light turned back on and all he saw was this demon in his screaming at him it had ran at him before he known it he was on his last breath to now meet faith with the thing in his eyes now looking at you before dissapearing

stating your next