The Undergrounds | Teen Ink

The Undergrounds

By UselessthingUwU, Wentzville, Missouri
UselessthingUwU, Wentzville, Missouri

Author's note:

its a crazy concept of a story but it is a wild impacted fantasy story 

One day an extravagant event happened in New York that was worse than 9/11. All of New York exploded from bombs placed all over the city and New York was destroyed. Buildings were destroyed and crumbled to dust and the streets uplifted from the ground. The explosion killed half of the people in New York and only 500 survived. The people that survived found an exploded hole under the streets of New York and made their way inside. In the hole they found yellow colorful ancient rocks that could give powers and magic and also to heal. A man named Theodore used those rocks and made robots to help the survivors. He was praised for his work and they made him king of the undergrounds. After the event the people of New York dug more down into the hole and made civilization in that hole. Years after New York was a new civilization of the undergrounds the city is now a kingdom of Theodore and the rich rule and the poor survive and there are no more city buildings and now just normal houses and everything is grown over by trees the skies were yellow from the bombs and the smell of the undergrounds were eggs from the sewage and the weather was always cold of -15 degrees the people are all different races of the people that survived. Donovan has blond long neck length smooth hair and brown eyes and wears a white worn down T shirt with brown worn down shorts too and he has a strong attitude and also a mean and rebellious attitude too. He is on his way to school with his friend. They dont talk because the only way they can talk is doing two backflips to say a sentence so they both walk in silence to school. They get to school and they learn from their school subjects how to be respectful and also praise the robots for helping the undergrounds survive and also to obey the king, then they go to a battle class to learn how to fight. Donovan is battling with another classmate.

The coach does two backflips “that boy Donovan is a real strong boy in class.” The other coach does two backflips. “ Yes he is, he is the perfect person to battle the king if he wants too.” The coach does two backflips. “I heard he does so he can be the new king.” the other coach laughs and then does two backflips “really him wanting to be king that's just a silly dream.” The coach does two backflips. “It is really just a silly dream.” he laughs too. The coach walks over to Donovan. He does two backflips. “Donovan, how is training going?” Donovan does two backflips. “It's going great coach, it's getting easier to battle with my opponents.” The coach does two backflips. “Well I heard you want to battle the king and become king yourself is that right?” Donovan does two backflips “ya I do.” the coach does two backflips “well then why don't you go into the practice room and see if you can do it.” Donovan does two backflips. “Ya I will defeat the king!” Donovan runs into the practice room and he starts up the simulator. A sparkle springs up from the floor and a clone of the king emerges. The king has light brown messy short hair with the king crown on his head and has brown eyes he also wears small round glasses and has a medium length light brown beard too he only wears brown puffy pants with no shoes and no shirt showing his muscles. The clone of the king says “are you ready to battle?” Donovan grabs a sword off the wall and does two backflips “ I'm ready!” The clone king and Donovan battle it out; they both battling out with their swords with Donovan swinging his sword at the king but Donovan is taken over by the king's strength and loses. The door opens and the coaches are there laughing at him. The coach does two backflips “you think you can be king, what a dumb dream!” They laugh. Donovan runs out of the room in shame. After school Donovan is walking home until his crush comes running up to him. She does two backflips. “Donovan, I saw what happened in battle class. Are you alright?” Donovan's crush Rebecca has dark purple long hair. She is short and has blue eyes and she wears a dark blue worn down shirt and black worn down shorts. Donovan does two backflips “ya I am alright its just the coaches just messing around with the students again.” Rebecca does two backflips. “ Are you sure Donovan?” Donovan does two backflips. “ yes I am sure.” They both gave a smile to each other and walked off. Donovan went to his house and walked inside his house as he closed the door his mother ran over to the door. His mother has blond hair and has it in a bun wearing a light green worn down shirt and brown worn down shorts too. “Donovan, make sure you close the door tight, we don't want the robots to know we don't do backflips to talk, they will kill us!” his mother said in a panic while she locked the locks on the door. “I know mom I will.” Donovan said in an attitude as he walked off to the kitchen. His mom then closes the dark blinds. Donovan places his backpack on the table “Oh Donovan I almost forgot to tell you we are going to the hospital today for your grandpa.” his mother said. “Is it because he is at his age limit?” Donovan said. His mother responded back “yes he is 90 so they are going to kill them so we are going to say your goodbyes okay?” Donovan responded back to his mother in a sad tone. “Okay I will. Is dad doing okay?” “Yes he is doing alright he is upstairs sharpening his swords.” His mother responded. “Oh ok.” Donovan said and he went upstairs to his parents bedroom. He opens the door to see his father sitting on the edge of the bed sharpening a sword. He has brown and blonde hair and with a small brown and blonde beard he has no shirt on but wearing dark worn down brown shorts and he has battle scars on his face and body with his right leg gone too. “Hey dad, how are you doing?” said Donovan. His father responded back “Donovan my boy I am doing great as healthy as a fiddle! How was school my boy!” “It was alright just the normal classes, how to be respectful and all of that.” Donovan responded to his father. “But how was the battle class boy?” His father questioned. “It was alright too just the normal exercises but I did the simulator to battle the king and lost and the coach laughed at me because of my dream.” Donovan responded. “Oh don't let them beat you down, you will become king and change the undergrounds with new rules and not these silly ones!” he gets up from the bed and hops around the room. “Like why do we do two backflips just talk if we dont we get shot and why do we kill the elders and not keep them alive for the population and also not have to be required to have ten children per family so we can have more people in the population . I say this king has gone mad with power!” he hops over to Donovan and puts his hand on Donovan's shoulders. “My boy! You need to be king to achieve that dream and become king to better the undergrounds!” Donovan with a gleam in his eyes and with a small smile on his face says. “I will father, I will become king.'' Then his mother comes into the room. “Guys it's time to go.” his mother says. Donovain, his mother and father, and his nine other siblings get into the car and drive to the hospital.The coach does two backflips “that boy Donovan is a real strong boy in class.” The other coach does two backflips. “ Yes he is, he is the perfect person to battle the king if he wants too.” The coach does two backflips. “I heard he does so he can be the new king.” the other coach laughs and then does two backflips “really him wanting to be king that's just a silly dream.” The coach does two backflips. “It is really just a silly dream.” he laughs too. The coach walks over to Donovan. He does two backflips. “Donovan, how is training going?” Donovan does two backflips. “It's going great coach, it's getting easier to battle with my opponents.” The coach does two backflips. “Well I heard you want to battle the king and become king yourself is that right?” Donovan does two backflips “ya I do.” the coach does two backflips “well then why don't you go into the practice room and see if you can do it.” Donovan does two backflips. “Ya I will defeat the king!” Donovan runs into the practice room and he starts up the simulator. A sparkle springs up from the floor and a clone of the king emerges. The king has light brown messy short hair with the king crown on his head and has brown eyes he also wears small round glasses and has a medium length light brown beard too he only wears brown puffy pants with no shoes and no shirt showing his muscles. The clone of the king says “are you ready to battle?” Donovan grabs a sword off the wall and does two backflips “ I'm ready!” The clone king and Donovan battle it out; they both battling out with their swords with Donovan swinging his sword at the king but Donovan is taken over by the king's strength and loses. The door opens and the coaches are there laughing at him. The coach does two backflips “you think you can be king, what a dumb dream!” They laugh. Donovan runs out of the room in shame. After school Donovan is walking home until his crush comes running up to him. She does two backflips. “Donovan, I saw what happened in battle class. Are you alright?” Donovan's crush Rebecca has dark purple long hair. She is short and has blue eyes and she wears a dark blue worn down shirt and black worn down shorts. Donovan does two backflips “ya I am alright its just the coaches just messing around with the students again.” Rebecca does two backflips. “ Are you sure Donovan?” Donovan does two backflips. “ yes I am sure.” They both gave a smile to each other and walked off. Donovan went to his house and walked inside his house as he closed the door his mother ran over to the door. His mother has blond hair and has it in a bun wearing a light green worn down shirt and brown worn down shorts too. “Donovan, make sure you close the door tight, we don't want the robots to know we don't do backflips to talk, they will kill us!” his mother said in a panic while she locked the locks on the door. “I know mom I will.” Donovan said in an attitude as he walked off to the kitchen. His mom then closes the dark blinds. Donovan places his backpack on the table “Oh Donovan I almost forgot to tell you we are going to the hospital today for your grandpa.” his mother said. “Is it because he is at his age limit?” Donovan said. His mother responded back “yes he is 90 so they are going to kill them so we are going to say your goodbyes okay?” Donovan responded back to his mother in a sad tone. “Okay I will. Is dad doing okay?” “Yes he is doing alright he is upstairs sharpening his swords.” His mother responded. “Oh ok.” Donovan said and he went upstairs to his parents bedroom. He opens the door to see his father sitting on the edge of the bed sharpening a sword. He has brown and blonde hair and with a small brown and blonde beard he has no shirt on but wearing dark worn down brown shorts and he has battle scars on his face and body with his right leg gone too. “Hey dad, how are you doing?” said Donovan. His father responded back “Donovan my boy I am doing great as healthy as a fiddle! How was school my boy!” “It was alright just the normal classes, how to be respectful and all of that.” Donovan responded to his father. “But how was the battle class boy?” His father questioned. “It was alright too just the normal exercises but I did the simulator to battle the king and lost and the coach laughed at me because of my dream.” Donovan responded. “Oh don't let them beat you down, you will become king and change the undergrounds with new rules and not these silly ones!” he gets up from the bed and hops around the room. “Like why do we do two backflips just talk if we dont we get shot and why do we kill the elders and not keep them alive for the population and also not have to be required to have ten children per family so we can have more people in the population . I say this king has gone mad with power!” he hops over to Donovan and puts his hand on Donovan's shoulders. “My boy! You need to be king to achieve that dream and become king to better the undergrounds!” Donovan with a gleam in his eyes and with a small smile on his face says. “I will father, I will become king.'' Then his mother comes into the room. “Guys it's time to go.” his mother says. Donovain, his mother and father, and his nine other siblings get into the car and drive to the hospital.

They are in his grandpa's room saying their goodbyes. Donovan goes to the bedside of his grandpa's bed and holds his grandpa's hand. His grandpa speaks in a weak voice. “My grandson Donovan I will tell you before I die I hope you achieve great dreams and continue my legacy as my grandson to be great and powerful and also that dream you've been telling all your life achieve that dream become king and make the undergrounds great again.” Donovan does two backflips “I will Grandpa I will.” As their goodbyes were said the robots came in with doctors and nurses and put the IV with poison and put it in his arm. As the poison goes into his body his eyes start to shut slowly and moans of pain come out of him and he dies. The family watches in sadness. After that they go home and have dinner. Donovan looking down at his plate thinking of his dream springs up his head and shouts out to his family. “I want to battle the king!” his mother gasps back. “What! I will not allow you to do that Donovan look what happened to your father when he battled the king!” Donovan responds back. “But mom I will practice harder than I will before and I will try to be more careful please mother! To achieve my dream for grandpa and dad.” “NO! I will not let yourself get killed!” his mom responded back. “ but mom!” “no means no and this conversation is done now!” Donovan gets up from his chair and stomps his way to his room. His mother yells “DONOVAN!” later his father comes into the room “Donovan you alright?” his father said. Donovan responded back. “Ya i'm alright sorry about what happened at dinner.” “It's alright your mother is a tough one that's why I married her.” he hops over to Donovan's bed and sits on his bed. “Donovan'' his father says “you are strong in sword fighting but not that strong to battle that king.” Donovan responded back. “What do you mean dad?” “I mean I will let you go battle the king but don't tell your mother but you need more practice here.” His father gives him a paper with information on it. “Go to this address in the morning, that's where my old friend will help your train for the battle.” his father says. “Really dad.” Donovan said with little excitement in his voice. “Yes, go and practice for that battle.'' In the morning Donovan sneaks out of the house and goes to the address. The address leads him to the rich neighborhood of the undergrounds and when gets to the address he stands in front of a very luxurious house and knocks at the door. A butler opens it and he does two backflips. “Hello young man what do you want?” Donovan does two backflips. “I want to talk to Jason I am Chrises son.” the butler raises his eyebrow and gives him a look then does two backflips. “Alright he is in his office on the top floor to the left.” Donovan walks into the house and does two backflips and says thanks to the butler. He goes to the office and sees him at his desk. “Hello there Donovan.” Jason says while writing on papers. Donovan does two backflips and says in a surprise voice. “How did you know I was coming?” “Your father sent me a letter” as Jason holds it up then placing it down back on his desk and turning around in his chair facing Donovan.

Jason has long neck length wavy black hair with a few gray streaks and has a black goatee on his chin and has light blue eyes and he wears a fancy light black 1700s suit. “Your father told me you want to battle the king,” said Jonas. Donovan does two backflips “Yes I do,”. “Alright I will train you but it will be hard are you ready?” Jonas said. Donovan does two backflips “Yes I am ready.” Jonas gets up from his chair. “Alright come with me then,” said Jonas. They walk down the fancy hallway to the gym. They get to the gym. “Alright the battle will be hard only five percent will make. Now there are three points to defeat the king. First is battle plan, make plans to know when to strike the king, second is knowledge, don't be stupid be smart when to battle the king and third is strength to pick up the sword and battle the king with all your strength you got that boy.” Donovan does two backflips. “Yes I do, I got that.” Jonas responds in annoyance. “Okay boy you don't need to do backflips in this house you have a pass to not do that.” “But why will I get shot if I don't.” Donovan responded. “Well I am a rich person now, the rules don't apply to me or any relationship I have with anyone, got that.” Jonas said. Donovan agreed. “Let's start your training with battle plans here.” Jonas throws Donovan a sword and he catches it. “Follow along with what I do.” Donovan and Jonas practice with battle plans with different ways to strike the king with his weaknesses and blind spots and to dodge the king when the king strikes. Then the next day they worked on knowledge Jonas taught Donovan how to battle smart and don't get dumb when battling the king or you will be defeated. The next day they worked on strength by having Donovan fight with the sword to get more stronger to fight the king. Each day of the training they worked on the three points and other training too and each day Donovan got more stronger and fought with different heavier and larger swords with each fight with Jonas he got stronger and easily defeated Jonas in the fights too. “Donovan I think you are ready to fight the king.” said Jonas as Donovan sat down on the bench grabbing a water bottle to drink. “Ya I think I am.” Donovan looks down. “Jonas, do you remember when you fought the king?” “ Yes I do, I remember all of it and I won with glory after that win I got my magic.” Jonas responded. “And do you remember how the king gave you your magic?” Donovan questioned again. “Ya I remember that too after the win the king took me into a room and laid me down on a table then a hole bunch of doctors and robots came into the room they strapped me down to the table and they never put me asleep had me awake then they opened my stomach up and then-.” as he talks he opens up his shirt and shows his muscled stomach with the magical yellow rock in his chest were the heart is and it is popping out of his stomach with veins of yellow coursing on his skin. “They gave me a heart transplant. They removed my heart and replaced it with this rock.” Jonas responded. “And that thing gave you powers?” Donovan said. “Yes it did, now I can heal anyone and have powers of all houses and also.” Jonas gets up and does a handstand while he is in a handstand lasers shoot out of his toes and then he comes back down from his handstand. “Shoot lasers out of my toes.” Jonas said. “Wow, all of those powers can't wait for that.” Donovan said. “Yep, that's what your father said before he battled the king.” Jonas said. “But that's what happened before the accident before he went to battle the king and almost got himself killed.” “ya before he became crippled with only one leg and hurt with all those scars.” Donovan added. “Yep before that accident me and your father were good buddies. Me and him wanted to fight the king but I came out winning while he came out losing. After that we didn't talk much since he felt like he was a loser and weakling.” said Jonas. Donovan looked at the ground “ya.” “Well you better get home and get some good sleep for tomorrow boy.” said Jonas. “Okay I will Jonas,” said Donovan. Donvan gets up from the bench and grabs his things and goes home. The next day Donovan and Jonas walk to the castle and go into the king throne room. “Hello servants, what has brought you to my presents.” said the king. “I want to battle!” Donovan yelled in response. “Well you care for a battle then lets battle!” said the king. They go to the colosseum where all the people in the underground are there separated from the rich to the poor. Donovan walks out to the battle ground and then the king walks out to the battle ground too. Donovan grabs his long and thick giant sword until he hears his name from the stands

“DONOVAN!!!!” it's his mother she runs up to the battle grounds. She does two backflips. “DONOVAN! Please don't do this you will get yourself killed please Donovan!” Donovan does two backflips. “Don't worry mom, I will achieve my dream for grandpa and dad and I will survive this fight!” with a smile on his face and determination he walks up to the king. “Welcome! Servants to the battle of the king today I will be fighting Donovan for his chance to unlock the magic!” yelled the king to the stands. The king walks closer to Donovan and says under his breath. “You ready?” Donovan does two backflips. “I'm ready.” then they fight. The king and Donovan battle swinging swords at each other hitting each other slicing their skin at each hit they get to each other the slicing bleeding out but Donovan using all of his strength and using the three points for battling the king dodging and striking is fighting the king headstrong and almost defeating him but then the king notices what Donovan is doing and overtakes Donovan with his strength and powers and is beating up Donovan to the ground. Donovan lays on the ground after the king overtook him. “Another loser defeated by your loved king! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!” but then in the dust Donovan gets back up in a defeated and bloody mess that is all over his body says “I didn't hear no bell.” Then charges at the king. Even more determined now Donovan has more strength over the king and uses more of the three points and then the king in bavulaerent tries to fight Donovan but he is overtaken by Donovan then after a long fight with the king he is punctured in the stomach with Donovan sword. The king is defeated by Donovan. The robots come over to heal the king and healed the king gets back up. The king claps “Wow you done it Donovan even though I thought I have defeated you. You got back up and fought back, you done well my son good job." The crowd cheers for Donovan and he turns back to his mother who has tears in her eyes and clapping and then to his father who is clapping too and cheering for him and then to his crush she is clapping with blush on her face. “Now for this young man to get his magic!!!” the king yells as the crowd cheers even more. The king leads him off the battle ground then to the surgery room where gets put on the table. The doctors and nurses and the robots come in and Donovan gets strapped to the table. They open up his chest and remove his heart. Donovan awake during the surgery is feeling like he is dying and he is panicking but when they put in the magical yellow rock he feels like he is alive again and also feels like a new person. He has unlocked the magic now.

After the battle he goes to Jonas house and into his office. “Look Jonas I did it, I have magic now.” Donovan says while showing the rock in his chest. “Yes you have Donovan you have done well.” Jonas replied back. “Now can I go be the king now.” Donovan said. “No you can't not just yet wait a few months before you do it. You need to get a hold of your powers, train those powers and also warm up to the king. You will now have to go to the meetings since you would be rich now.”  Jonas responded quickly to Donovan. “Oh ok then I will Jonas.” Donovan said. Months go by and Donovan's family got rich and moved into a bigger home Donovan started intending the meetings with the king Donovan had to move schools because he got richer but he still hangs out with his friends and his crush he gave them permission not to do backflips to speak a sentence. “So Donovan, how are the powers going?” said Rebeeca. “It's going great. I've been practicing more with Jonas and I'm getting the hang of it.” responded Donovan. “Oh that's great. The sky tonight looks as yellow as normal of course.” said Rebecca. “Yep it is as always, I can't even barely see the stars.” said Donovan. “Ya what's worse it smells like eggs.” said Rebecca. “Ya” said Donovan and then they both laugh. Donovan looks down then back at Rebecca. “Hey Rebecca can I tell you something?” “yes you can.'' Rebbeca replied back. “You can say no this or just not even answer at all because everything has changed but I like you!” said Donovan. “I like you too Donovan!” Rebcca answered back excitedly. “Wait you do?” Donovan questioned. “Yes I do, I like you too Donovan I don't care if you change I like you!” said Rebcca. They both hugged and kissed then sat there enjoying the moment. After months of training his powers with Jonas. Donovan is ready to fight the king. Donovan walks into the castle and then to the king's throne room. “Oh Donovan, what have you come to see me for?” said the king. “I want to become king.” Donovan replied. The king laughs “if you want to be king then you have to kill me first!” “Alright then let's battle,” said Donovan. They fight, they use their powers to fight each other dodging and hitting each other using lasers out of their feet and using elements and other magic to defeat themselves. The king over takes Donovan but with Donovan training for the past months over takes the king with a rough battle between them Donovon defeats the king and pushes him to the ground. “You can't kill me, I am the king, nobody can kill me, I am immortal, I can't die from you.” the king says into Donovan's face. “I know I can kill you, my king.” Donovan says then Donvan starts ripping the magical yellow stone out of the king's chest. The king whales in agony as he tries to stop Donovan but Donovan pushes the king down even more than Donovon pulls the stone out of the king's chest. A bright light explodes around the room and Donovan gets pushed to the wall. When everything is settled Donovan looks at the king. The king is dead. Donovan then slices off the king's head with his sword and then grabs the king's crown and puts it on his head and stands in front of the throne while the robots surround him. Years later Donovan is king and he looks over the new and free kingdom with his wife Rebecca holding his newborn son.