The Golden Soul Saver | Teen Ink

The Golden Soul Saver

Author's note:

I am currently in 7th grade and I love writing and would like to be a Crime Scene Investigator.

Please be careful about who make fun of because some people struggle and need help, but no one will offer it because that person's reputation as ruined by a person who bullies(ed) them.

Lisa, lena and luna believed in being successful and being apart of a loving family in their adult life. But when they were 14 that changed. Lisa and Luna had beautiful long blonde hair with ice blue eyes as cold as a December night. Lena had the most beautiful long orange hair. Lisa and Luna envied their sister who had a beautiful hourglass figure. They were on top of the food chain, the Queen Bees of the school. Their parents had all the money, and they had all the guys wanting them. They were the type of kids who didn’t have to study for a test and they could just be there and get an A.

I envied their luck, their money, their friends and their lives. I was a kid who never had the same opportunities because my family couldn’t afford it. I had lived in the same house for fifteen years, the beat down 30 year old house on Mulberry street. I had the same clothes since freshman year, I was bullied and beaten down by pretty much everyone. My mother worked three jobs just to keep food on the table. My father left us when I was 6 month old so I never knew him. I had never been to the state fair or played a sport. I wished I had the same luck as them or I had friends. My one and only friend has been at my side since I was 11.

I slept on the bed bug infested bed for 13 years and the butterfly backpack since 2nd grade. Even though I had a tough personal life I still made sure I had all A’s because I knew I had to get a scholarship to college or I wasn’t going because we had no money. This meant that I spent all my time studying and quizzing myself while everyone else was out partying, so this meant that Lisa and her sisters were bullying me. I had wished so bad that they could just spend one like me. They only cared for personal growth and not for anyone else’s emotion or pain that they caused. This year would be different though… this year was the start of high school, the year that made or destroyed your high school experience. Mountain view high was different then most. Mountain View ranked every Freshman in the school.

******

School seemed to have just slapped me in the face. I got up and got dressed with the best clothes I had, but when I got up and saw my dresser it wasn’t my beaten and broken down dresser that I’ve had since I was 3. It was a beautiful white wooden dresser with the prettiest clothes in it. I just thought my om had decided to use all of our money to buy me a new dresser and a new wardrobe. Then, I saw the most elegant bed. I saw an Ivory white canopy bed with a beautiful baby pink canopy. When it comes to making conclusions I am not the best at it, so of course I didn’t come to the conclusion that this wasn’t my house. 

Once I got the bathroom to do my hair it looked nothing like my beat down bathroom. This is when I realized that I wasn’t on Mulberry street. I screamed in horror when I looked in the mirror I didn’t see the black wavy hair, or hazel brown eyes. What I saw looking back at me was a blonde hair, blue eyed angel, that’s when I realized that I was in Lisa’s body!! Soon after I realized that I heard banging on the door.

“Lisa! Lisa honey are okay?” said a muffled voice I had never heard before.

“NO!” I knew the muffled voice would obviously know that I was in there.

“Lisa, I wasn’t given 10 million dollars for being an idiot!..”

She opened the door to see me  NOT Lisa, or so I thought.

“Lisa, baby come on get out of the corner and do your makeup, we have to get to school on time!”

I soon realized that I wasn’t in a bad dream, this was all real! I had a fashion extravaganza when figuring out what to wear. She had all these bejeweled clothes and diamond encrusted shoes, I wondered how Lisa felt in my body and living in my life. I knew it was going to be a struggle for her, because I didn’t have all the fancy clothes she had. 

I decided to wear a stunning white dress that fell at the top of my knees and had magnificent diamonds on it. It had to have been at least 12,000 dollars. I also decided to wear a pair of rose gold stilettos with ravishing silver butterflies attached on the back. I used her Winter soft eyeshadow pallette to do my makeup. I looked better than I ever looked before. I put my hair in a half bun and curled the rest of it. 

It felt so weird being Lisa. Her sisters worshiped her, her parents on the other hand… there a different story. They never let her finish anything and they were constantly yelling and picking on her.  Worst of all they knew who I was, and were ruder to me then Lisa, Lena and Luna are. 

“Lisa what are you going to do about Caroline?” 

“What do you mean mother? Who’s Caroline?” I said the most Proper and crisp voice I had.

“Caroline… the girl who bullies you.” 

I couldn’t believe this the spider queen has spun a web of lies and made me seem like a bad guy. She hurt me more then when my father died. She has spun a web of lies so distant and far fetched that her parents think that I’M THE BULLY. A word that I would describe her as. Lisa was going to pay.

*****

When I got to school I saw the spider get off the bus, in my green and pink neon romper and my pink beret. Even Lisa made my ugly clothes look good. My blood was boiling hotter than a pot of water. I wanted to walk up to her and slap her like I was stomping on a bug, but I knew that would affect my reputation. 

We all eight of our classes together and I can tell from how she’s acting acting in the hallway that she doesn’t know how to act like a nerd. I thought in my head that I could give her a taste of her own medicine for once, because obviously “my sisters” would be on board with it.

“Hey nerd girl!” i said in an excited sass voice.

“Why are reading that book?” Luna said in a questionable I’m better than you way.

“Well you know what Luna, why are you always acting like a god, why are you always in my business?” at this point she stood up and got in Luna’s face

“ Why are you always in my face, why are you always bullying me!!??” She yelled for the entire math class to hear. 

“Caroline, calm down it’s okay. Why don’t we go talk in the hallway?” said Mr. Rogers.

He took the four of us outside in the hallway for us to work it out. I told Luna and Lena to go back inside because this is a problem between me and Caroline.

“Look I get it Lisa. Your in someone else’s body, you don’t have the wealth, or the clothes, or the support of your parents.” I addressed her in her actual name because at this point I think we both knew that today wasn’t a normal day.

“What do you mean?” 

“Lisa I am caroline but I AM in your body!!”

“How?!”

“I don’t know but we need to fix it.”

***

I headed to my second period (social studies) to see the one thing I hate. Why must I see the one thing I don”t want to. That thing, that ugly piece of gold the thing is the ugliest thing in the world. The gold cross with bird hangs in the back of the room and stares down on my head and haunts the whole room. 

My Best friend came running in the room, like a cheetah on steroids. 

“Sam!” She gave me a look of pure disgust.

“SAMATHA ELIZA BLAKE!!!” Right then she gave me this look of just complete disgust, and she kept walking.

***

Later Me and Caroline were talking and I mentioned the gold bird cross, “Yeah I hate History class because there’s this scary gold bird hanging on the wall.” 

“Yeah that thing seems sort of demonic!?” Lisa said in an agreeing voice.

“Wait, wait, wait, weren’t we reading something on the use of gold bird totems to undo witches magic?” I asked in a seemingly hopeful voice.

“OHHH YEAH!!! Maybe that’s how we get back to our own bodies!!!” Lisa said in a high pitched mouse voice.

We ran faster then light to the history room, grabbed the totem and the article we were reading and ran out of the school. We made it to the woods and we sat down on a log and started laughing hysterically. I looked through the article to see what the priest did when he was doing said reversing event. 

“It looks like the priest would move the bird around the person's body and go: ahnia summay cal ik. It says he would repeat this 6 times and that the switching process would begin.”

We stood in front of each other and began to deep breathe so we could be calm and collected. 

I waved it around Lisa and she waved around me. “You ready?” Lisa asked me in a solemn tone. 

“Yeah I’m ready to be back in my own body.” 

We both chanted the ancient saying in a hopeful tone. Next thing I see a bright purple light travelling from my body and then a bright green light twirling around each of our bodies. Next thing I know I had blacked out and was in my bed in the outfit Lisa had picked out.

I went downstairs and Lisa and her mom were their and my mom was standing at the sink in her diner’s uniform and they were talking about something. 

“Hey Caroline, I’m glad you’re finally awake. Lisa wanted to apologize about something.”  My mom said.

“Hey um… I wanted to um… tell you something. Look I am really sorry and I painfully regret saying and doing the things I did to you.” She said regretfully. “I hope you can accept my apology and we could possibly be friends?” she said in a very hopeful and happy way. “Uh yeah after all we've been through today I think I’ll take you up on that offer. I do think you deserve a chance to be nice to me.” I said in an odd experimental tone. We ended up being best friends for the rest of our lives.