Ants | Teen Ink

Ants

April 22, 2019
By talentedjoeybing, Auburn, California
More by this author
talentedjoeybing, Auburn, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Harry Potter must not go to Hogwarts- Dobby


Author's note:

This piece is something I wrote for my school when I was younger, I decided to change some thing

The author's comments:

This chapter is basically the whole story.

Billy Bob was sitting in his room playing video games, his mother came into the room.  “Go outside Billy Bob, or I will take your pocket money and buy bananas!” Billy Bob was saving up his money for a new computer, so he was forced to go outside.  He went up to his room and got his back cap. He ran over to his garage and pulled his green and blue bike he got for his birthday, he changed the speed to 7, and he started riding all the way to the park, all of a sudden a dog ran over to his bike as if he was racing him.

Billy Bob started pedaling faster, he then got messed up, and he flew over a ridge and landed on the brown, wet muddy ground, it swallowed Billy Bob as he held on to a nearby stick trying to get up.  He moaned as he started to feel a cold feeling down his spine, as mud went down his back. He grabbed the stick and threw it at a nearby tree, a big, sturdy branch fell off and landed with a thud on the grass near him, he pulled on it with all of his might, he felt his body move up.  He heard the mud groan as he broke free. He then looked at his bike, he frowned. The paint on his bike was scratched off, and the chain was dropping down as if it was dead, one of the pegs fell off. “Oh no,” He whispered to himself.

With his bike destroyed, it would take him a long time to get home, because he was so slow.  Whenever he ran in a competition he was last. He started to walk up the dirt, shuffling his feet.  He kicked something hard, he looked down and he saw an ant mound. “Wicked!” He sat up on his knees as he saw little ants walking in squadrons up and down the mound, looking for crumbs.  He sat down his backpack and dug through it looking for something. He kept throwing random things out like pencils, erasers, a bent card, and a weird bug toy. He pulled out a little plastic bag with bread crumbs inside.

He emptied out 2 little crumbs, instantly the ants started marching over to the bread crumbs they picked up the little brown things and started marching back over to the mound.  They threw the crumb inside and started marching down the mound again. “Cool,” Billy Bob smiled.  He emptied out the whole bag of crumbs.  It was weird, there were not a lot of ants coming out.  He touched the nice, hot, brown ground, he leaned backward and laid down.  He sighed, all of a sudden the ground started to rumble.  The ground started cracking, and he saw a brown thing rising.  

A giant brown ant, with a giant pincher with spikes on it, it was holding a long spear with spiky stone on the end with a sticky substance, rose from the ant mound.  It made a furious movement.  Billy Bob crawled backwards to try to get away. Billy Bob felt a pierce on his arm, blood splattered everywhere.  The ant stabbed his arm so bad that Billy Bob felt that he stabbed his bones as well.  He closed his eyes and fell in a deep sleep.

He awoke sweating, "This is just a dream," he thought.  His eyes were still closed, he opened his eyes and saw that he was not in his comfortable bed, but in an ant mound, a giant one.  He realized he could hardly breathe.  He panicked, and started thinking, "I can get out of this," He then saw the same giant ant that stabbed him, it might have noticed him!  It looked straight at Billy Bob and made angry clicking sounds, it grabbed Billy Bob on the ground and led him towards a giant pit full of bubbling, hot, water.  Without warning, the giant ant dipped Billy Bob in the hot water. He wondered what was going to kill him first, by the heat of the water, or just drowning.  He died by drowning, at least Billy Bob got to be with his dog, Buck.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.