The Death of Humanity | Teen Ink

The Death of Humanity

By 27bquintanilla, Burbank, California
27bquintanilla, Burbank, California

Author's note:

I really like reading science fiction stories/novels because they are intense. They take you to a whole different level of keeping you wondering what will happen next.

It was a normal day in Houston Texas, adults were at work and the children were in school. The same day, around the afternoon time something strange appeared in the sky, it was a flying disk and everyone in the neighborhood was confused and wanted answers. The flying saucer(disk) started flashing its light on the street right where it was going to land, once it landed people and children came up to the ship and they were hearing strange unknown language inside the ship.

Once the ship opened up, smoke started coming out of it and this strange looking creature that had a strange looking body, sharp teeth, and strange legs appeared.  Everyone was full of fear and ran away from it, they all ran into their homes and locked their doors and shut their windows. This one parent family, the father's name is Harold and the sons name is Joshua, the son Joshua turns on the T.V and it was interrupted by the government they said to lock all doors, windows, and to turn off all there lights because a strange alien landed on earth.

The interrupted broadcast by the government said “ stay in your homes until further notice” and the broadcast went off. There was silence in the house, Harold and Joshua hid in the closet with a baseball bat. Joshua asked his father “dad what is going on ?” the father didn’t answer .  Harold was panicking  saying “what am I going to do?, what’s going to happen to us?, what was that strange thing outside?”. The light in the closet  turned off the father was trying to turn it back on, but couldn't. Turns out the alien had cut out all the power and connections to the world no electricity,no service, or power . The world had no contact with anyone. The father and son got even more scared than they ever were. The son started to cry, the father was trying to comfort him and tell him that everything would be ok. A few hours later they felt the ground shaking , it seemed as an earthquake, but it was not. The alien went back on his ship and everyone started to hear this deep loud voice.  The alien was saying that he was from a planet unknown that scientist on earth haven’t discovered yet. The planet was called planesium, it was a planet 2,000 light years away from the earth. The deep voice continued to speak and was saying “surrender yourselves and prepare the be vanquished”. A few minutes later Harold and Joshua heard a woman screaming “help someone help it's trying to kill me!!”. The father said to his son “stay here I’m going to see what’s going on outside”. The father went to go check and he saw the alien trying to take the lady into its ship. Harold ran outside and hit the alien  with a baseball bat. The alien let go of her and made an awful sound, he was angry. The man  ran and brought the woman to his house.

The woman was wearing a suit and a nametag that showed that she worked for NASA. The son yelled “Dad is everything okay? Are you there?!” The father said, “Yes everything is okay. Harold started to question the woman and asked her “What’s going on ? Why are you here?” She responded, “I was sent here to investigate what was going on and why this creature landed on earth. But during the investigation the alien grabbed me and was trying to kill me in its ship”. The son started asking “Excuse me Miss but who are you?” The woman responded, “I work with NASA. I investigate and study living things from outer space.” The boy was in shock and he did not respond. The women started crying and Harold said, “What’s wrong?” She said “It killed other people on its ship and I hesitated to help. Now I feel guilty because their family members are going to be sad. Harold told her “It's okay and we all make mistakes.” She replied by saying thank you and he responded “no problem”. She introduce herself properly by saying her name is Jasmin Lee. She confessed to Harold that NASA had sent her with a special formula to kill the alien.

Harold asked her “what happened with the formula?” She responded “I…I…dropped it outside when it grabbed me…”.Harold’s reacted quickly and suggested they go outside and get it. Harold told Joshua to stay inside. Harold and Jasmin went outside to try to find the formula. When they walked outside they saw a lot of dead bodies everywhere. It was the most horrible sight ever but they had to go looking for the formula even under the dead bodies. So after searching for some time they finally found the formula. Harold told Jasmin to hide because the alien was near that he would get the formula. As Harold approached the place where the formula was, he was face to face with the alien. The alien grabbed his face and suffocated him with poisonous gas until his face melted off. Jasmin was able to see what was going on and she had a panic attack, but she knew she had to get out of there or else she would be dead too.

Jasmin was able to get back to the house to Joshua and had to explain to him that his dad was dead. Joshua was so upset he was crying,  had a panic attack and ran out of the house. Jasmin ran after him screaming “please come inside…please…please…listen”. Jasmin caught up to Joshua and was able to calm him down. She was holding him in her arms and giving him comfort when she felt someone grab her from behind…it…was…the…alien.

Joshua and Jasmin were both killed by the alien. The alien was successful with his plan of human extinction. Please be aware of flashing lights in the sky, to earth trembling, and those deep voices.