Another Mistake | Teen Ink

Another Mistake

Author's note:

I've always loved to write about vampires and fiction books. Everyday random ideas for a book/short story will come into my mind and I write them down.

London 1808   "I can't take it anymore! He doesn't listen to me!" Amelia yelled. I sat in the living room listening to Amelia and Robert yell about me from Roberts office.

"So what do you want me to do about it?" Robert muttered. Amelia let out a large sigh and the rest I couldn't hear what she said. After a few minutes Robert walked out and glared at me.

"Come with me boy." he said angrily. I stared at him and shook my head, I began to creep away from him until he grabbed me. Robert pulled me by my ear onto my feet.

"Ow! What did I do?" I whined and hollered. Without saying anything he took me outside. I began to scream louder hoping someone in the streets would hear. But, Robert then placed his large hand over my small mouth. Trying to get free, I kicked Robert in the shin. He let out a scream and I slipped free of his grip. The door to the house was open so, I tried to make a run for the inside. Robert was faster though. he grabbed me by my arm and yanked me backwards. When I looked up into Robert's eyes, they were full of rage. He pulled his arm back and smacked me across the face. Everything went black and I felt as my head smashed against the ground.

Something tasted salty and like metal, blood. Opening my eyes I looked around. It was dark and wet, my face was laying against the cold ground in the stones. I began to struggle to sit up and spit out the blood that had pooled inside my mouth. Taking my tongue across the inside of my mouth, I came across a gash on the inside of my cheek from when Robert smacked me. Slowly I lifted a hand and felt my mouth, a cut was made across my bottom lip as well.

"Hello..." I croaked out. When no one answered, I got up and looked around. To my left was a light, so I walked towards it.

It was a street and I was placed in a dark alley way. I stood there and watched as horse and carriages passed me by.

Where am I? I’m lost. I’m scared…

My eyes welled with tears and I began to cry. Robert had left me all alone with nothing. Turning around, I walked back to where I was laying and laid back against the wall.

"Hello..." said a person. When I looked up, a beautiful woman stood in front of me. She wore a blue dress and had thick brown waves falling down her shoulders. Her bright blue eyes were wide with alarm. "Why are you crying? Where is your mother and father?" she asked. Pulling my knees to my chest, I wrapped my arms around my legs then wiped my nose on my forearm.

"I--I don't know...they left me." I said. She looked at me with sad eyes and reached to touch my cheek. I flinched away and hid my face into my arms.

"Don't be afraid darling..." she said softly. Looking up, I looked into her eyes.

I can trust her.

Reaching out again she wiped the tears off my cheek, then took her thumb across my bottom lip and I watched as her eyes hardened.

"Did they do this to you?" she asked coldly. Looking away from her, I nodded. I heard her breath catch but then she quickly relaxed. I felt as her hand grabbed my chin and she gently turned my face to face her.

"What's your name little boy?" she asked.

"Sebastian. Sebastian Williams." I replied.

"How old are you Sebastian?"

"Um...nine."

"Well hello Sebastian, I'm Meredith." she said and grinned widely. Standing up she held out her hand. "Come with me Sebastian."

Placing my hand in hers, we walked off.

February 1st, 2019

Usually by this time of night the streets would be packed with humans. It was a Friday night meaning there usually was parties going on, people going out to dinner, and whatever today's humans do.

As I walked the sidewalk, the cold wind began to pick up and blew my hair every which way. Grabbing the lapels of my coat, I pulled it tighter to myself. Even though vampires never got cold. Once winter was over, people would throw more parties. Especially college kids.

At every restaurant and store window, I would stop and look at the humans. Laughing and smiling...being happy. Their happiness feeds my anger because, their kind took my happiness away. At that thought rage began to flow through me. I needed to kill...now.

Turning around I walked across the street into a dark alley. A couple were laughing and goofing off, until they saw me. They immediately stopped and fear flashed across their faces. The man grabbed the woman and pulled her close to his side then they quickly left the alley.

Good, now I'm alone...

The wind began to whistle through the quiet alley. Walking over to the brick wall, I leaned back on the cold damp bricks and waited for action. I needed someone to do something bad, something horrible. I needed a bad guy to kill. Then, just like that came a loud scream. A female scream.

"Ah! Somebo-" the woman began to cry out but turned into a muffle. The woman was a few alley's down, luckily vampires have good ears so we can hear farther distances.

Pulling my hood up, I wandered down the street to the noise. As I came closer to the alley, the muffles became louder. Turning the corner there was two men robbing a woman, typical robbery. Nothing new. The one man with long curly hair had his one arm wrapped around the woman's shoulder, the other arm he had his hand over her mouth. The woman's blue eyes were wide with fear and her straight blonde hair was bunched up around her shoulders. The other bald man was working on ripping the purse from her hands.

"I'm not sure that's yours..." I said. At once all eyes looked to me. Then, long hair pulled a gun from the waist band of his jeans and pointed it at me.

"Walk away kid or I'll shoot. Or better..." he turned the gun and pressed it against the side of the woman's head. The woman muffled a scream and tears filled her eyes.

Chuckling, I vanished an reappeared behind long hair.

"Where'd he go!" the bald man yelled. Quickly I snatched the gun from long hair and chucked it against the building. The gun shattered and left a divot in the bricks. The two men's jaws dropped and the womans eyes were wide with shock. When I noticed that long hair loosened on the woman I took action. I ripped her from his arms and pushed her towards the back of the alley. Then I grabbed the man by his throat and pulled him close. As I did, I watched as the bald man bolted out of the alley.

"Hmph...what a friend. Now I have a few questions." I said then caught his gaze then deepened it until I had his full attention. "Is this your first robbery?"

"No." he answered still looking into my eyes.

"What else have you done?" I asked.

"I've robbed people...a lot of people. I've also killed people...6." he answered then gulped. Behind me I heard the woman gasp. I hadn't realized she was still here, snapping my head around I looked at her on the ground.

"Get out of here." I said then turned back to the man with a smile that showed my fangs. His breath caught and alarm flashed across his face.

Kill him!

"What are-" he began to say but was cut off by his gurgles. I had snapped my head down and bit into his artery and began to drink. This had to of been one of the worst tasting blood I've ever had. It tasted of tar, but I had to finish the job.

When there was nothing left coming out and his body went limp in my hand, I dragged him over to the dumpster and deposited him in there.  As I went to leave, I remembered the girl, taking a deep breath I turned around to look at her. She was still sitting on the ground staring at me with fear plastered across her face. She sat there frozen holding her breath. Probably for fear if she did breathe she would scream. Sighing, I slowly walked over and crouched in front of her.

"What...what was that? Am I..am I hallucinating this?" she whispered either to herself or to me, I wasn't sure. She then looked up at me and went from looking at my face, to the dumpster, and back again.

"You are now." I said then grabbed her chin and aligned her eyes with mine. When she processed what I was about to do, she quickly squinted her eyes and threw her hands over her ears.

"Oh no! Don't think you're about to do...whatever it was you did to that guy to me! Don't even try it on me." she shouted and smacked my hand away. This has never happened to me before...I need to wipe her mind...I need to get out of here. Snapping up to my feet I began to flee the alley and speed walked down the street. From behind me I heard her start to shout things to me, but I couldn't listen to what they were. So I ignored her and picked up my pace. I took different turns and streets to lose her.

You should've killed her...

Why didn't I erase her memory? I could've fought her...What if she tells someone what she saw? What have I done?

When I made it back to my apartment building I quickly bolted through the main entrance and went straight to my apartment door and unlocked it. I then quickly threw myself inside and slammed the door locking all of the locks. Turning around I pressed my back against the door and slid to the floor. Why didn't I erase her memories? Meredith would be so disappointed...

Looking up I stared into the dark abyss of my apartment. Reaching up I flipped on the light switch which turned on a single lamp beside my bed. My apartment was completely empty except for me only having a bed and it's side table.  To my right was my small kitchen, I had no dishes, no silverware, no pots or pans like humans did. All that is in my kitchen is empty counters, empty cabinets, a stove, a fridge, and a leaky sink. The sink would let out a ping noise every time water dripped from the spout. All of my windows had thick black curtains covering them to keep out the daylight. My apartment was a studio apartment so my bed sat right beside the kitchen, then I had a bathroom.

Getting up off the floor, I walked over to the closet that was to the left of the entrance. Opening it up I grabbed a new pair of clothes and headed for the bathroom. A shower would help me relax and clear my mind...I hoped.

Once I was out of the shower, I slipped my pants on and began to towel dry my hair. As I did I walked over to my large mirror above my sink. Messy black hair and dark brown eyes stared back at me. Around my neck was my necklace with Meredith's ring on it. Picking it up I placed it to my lips.

"I failed you today mother...I'm so-" I whispered but was interrupted by a knocking on my front door. Which was weird because, nobody ever comes to bother me.

Grabbing my shirt I slipped it on and walked bare foot to the door. The knock came again but was louder. Unlocking the door I turned the handle and cracked it open. Her.

The woman from the alley was standing in front of my door. Anger began to boil in me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked sternly my voice deepening. A small smile played on her lips but quickly she straightened her face.

"I followed you. I want answers and you never answered any of mine." she said snapping back to me.

"Do not think you will be getting any answers by coming here. You have a death wish following me." I said. Why was this woman not running for the hills after seeing me kill that man? She was insane for following the killer.

"If you wanted to kill me, you would've killed me in the alley. Why didn't you kill me?" she questioned. Baring my fangs a growl escaped from my throat.

"Leave. Now. Or I'll finish what I should've done earlier." My hands began to shake from the rage I was feeling. This woman wanted to die.

As she began to open her mouth, I slammed the door and locked it.

What am I doing?!

"I'm not going to leave until you answer me!" she shouted from outside my door.

"YOU CAN DIE THERE THEN!" I yelled back.

Walking over to the windows, I lifted the curtain a little and saw that the sun was rising. Time for bed. But what do I do about that woman? She will leave, she will give up and go home.

As I walked over to my bed I pulled the covers down and slid under. When I wake it will be time to go hunt again. Find bad people...avenge Meredith.

You won't have to go far to kill, just open your door.

Two hours have passed and I still couldn't fall asleep. My mind is racing of that woman. This has never happened to me before, I don't know how to deal with this...situation. Usually I just kill the bad guy and erase the memories of any witnesses. But this...this was so much different. I couldn't figure out why though. Now here she is outside my apartment door waiting for me to answer her. She's already seen too much, I can't expose myself more. I'd just be asking for more of a death wish. Once I wake, I will find her and wipe her mind. I am stronger than this, I can do it.

************************************************************************

Opening my eyes, I quickly launched from my bed and over to the window. Night has finally come. Going to my closet, I grabbed my black leather jacket and put it on.

The woman...

Looking through the peep hole of my door, I looked around to see if she was still there. She was nowhere to be seen, I knew she would give up. A human can't go without food for a whole day.

Unlocking the door I opened it and went to step out, only to see the woman laying on the ground in front of my door. Her purse was used as a pillow and her blonde hair was splayed out everywhere.

"You've got to be kidding me..." I mumbled. Slowly I closed my door and tiptoed past her then went out the front door of the apartment building. Looking through the window she was still asleep on the floor. Good.

Tonight I'm going to hit downtown where most action is, where people liked to get into trouble. Closing my eyes I vanished to a alley on Times Square. Just my luck, there was already action taking place.

Four large men were kicking and punching a small man who was just a pile of skin and bones. He looked deathly already. The man didn't cry out for help or anything. At once all of the men stopped.

"Where's the bosses money?" the one tall man with spiked silver hair said. The small man sat up wincing as he did and held his ribs.

"I told you...I don't have it..." another wince "...yet. I need more-" before he finished, silver hair took his large foot hard and fast to the small mans jaw which blasted him backwards. From here you could hear his head smash against the hard ground. Closing my eyes, I vanished over behind all the men.

I'm in no good mood to talk...

Grabbing silver hair, I ripped his head backwards and went into routine. I watched as the three other men took off running.

No way is anyone getting away again.

After puncturing the males neck, I released him and took off to the other men. I grabbed each one and quickly punctured their arteries. Then I dragged them all back to a pile and finished them off. By the time I got to the last one, he had already bled to death.

More horrible humans off the street, check.

Wiping my mouth off on the one males jacket, I got up and walked over to the small male. Just looking at him I knew he was dead, but I also didn't hear a heart beat. One by one I dragged all of the men to a dumpster in the back of the alley. Most likely no one would find them in this nasty alley. Meredith would be proud of me tonight.

No she wouldn't be.

For the next couple hours, I wandered the back streets looking for more trouble. I only came across one more issue but took care of it. I went up to random shop windows looking for a clock on there walls. Finally, at a pizza shop was one. Only two hours left of nightfall. Guess there's only one good thing to do with the time remaining, go to my special place. Closing my eyes I vanished there.

The sky was, as always, magical. As I laid on the stone covered rooftop, I stared up at the stars and named off constellations. There was even a couple shooting stars. The one star I named Meredith, it to the right of the Big Dipper. When I'm up here I'm free of all my problems and worries. Free of all the bad people. It's just the stars and me. I get a break from the world just laying up here.

About a hour or so, I saw the sun begin to creep up. Time to go...

As I vanished to the front of my apartment building, I took notice that the woman was gone. She had finally given up. Going through the apartment entrance, I reached into my pocket for me keys and began to unlock my door. Just as I was about to open my door, the apartment entrance opens. Without even looking, I knew it was her.

KILL HER.

When I glanced over at her she just stood there staring at me as if waiting for me to say something. In a blink of an eye, I had dropped my keys, grabbed her by the throat, and had her pushed against the wall. Her eyes were wide open, but not with fear.

"What do you not understand-" I said then connected my eyes with hers; "LEAVE." I hissed. She just stared at me and blinked.

"Maybe...if...you'd" deep breath "-let me go...I could." she exhaled. Stepping back I released her. After I did, she grabbed her stuff she had dropped and walked out the front door. I watched her go until I heard the entrance click shut. Finally.

But you didn't erase her memories of what happened...

GREAT! JUST GREAT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOURSELF SEBASTIAN! Groaning, I turned back and opened the door to my apartment, as I was about to step in I hear the entrance door open again.

"You had told me to leave...but you hadn't told me to stay away..." she said. This woman...is going to be the death of me. "Why didn't you kill me" she asked. When I looked at her my anger faded away, her face was soft and expressionless.

"I could still kill you if you don't leave me be...but those men were bad guys, they deserved to die." I said a shoved a hand through my hair. Her eyebrows cinched together and a look of stress spread across her face.

"Yeah, maybe go to jail but..." she left her sentence hanging as she struggled to find the right words to say.

"You do realize those men could've killed you, right? But I saved you. You could at least say thank you." I said growling. Except she said nothing, just stared at me.

KILL HER.

Turning back to my apartment I opened the door and walked inside. Looking back she still stood there staring at me. Sighing, I gestured for her to come in, and so she did. Once she stepped in she looked my apartment over from floorboard to ceiling.

Why am I doing this? Erase her memories!

She walked over to my window and pulled a little at my curtain, a ray of light beamed through and hit my hand burning it my hand started to let out a sizzling noise as it burn. Quickly I launched myself over to the corner of my room and hissed at her.

"CLOSE THAT CURTAIN!" I shouted. Realizing what had just happened she quickly released the curtain.

"Oh my gosh...I'm so sorry. Did I hurt you?" she said with a concerned voice and began walking towards me. Lifting my uninjured hand I gestured for her to stop, and she did. "So...vampires really can't--wait you are a vampire aren't you?" she said stopping at the end of my bed.

"Yes..." I grumbled and rubbed my hand. Looking down at my hand, a bright red streak ran across the top of my hand from where the sun had hit. When I looked up at her I watched as she continued to glance all around my apartment. There wasn't much to look at...She didn't seem fazed at all by the news of vampires actually existing. Usually humans would run for the hills...or come at you with pitch forks and torches. Suddenly she glanced over and met my gaze. As she did I heard her heart skip a beat then pick up...strange.

Blinking repeatedly she looked away. "You aren't much of a color guy, are you? You also don't have much furnishings, why?" she asked.

"I'm not here much, all I use this place for is sleeping, avoiding the sun, and cleaning up. It's also easy if I have to pack up and leave...Now it's my turn to ask questions. Why are you not running and hiding like the rest of your kind would do by now?" I asked releasing my hand then clasping them together behind my back. She seemed to stay calm and sat on the edge of my bed.

"I'm a curious person." she said then looked up at me.

"So you're curious about a vampire who killed and sucked the blood out of your kind? In front of you as well." I asked in disgust. I watched as she slowly drew her eyebrows together.

"Well when you put it like that-" she began to say but  I cut her off.

"YES WHEN I PUT IT LIKE THAT IT'S JUST AS MESSED UP AS YOU COMING HERE. A HUMAN STALKING A VAMPIRE WHO KILLED THAT MAN! WHY WON'T-" I yelled but then she cut me off.

"HEY! I didn't come here to get a lecture by you! Like I said, I'm curious about the mysterious man who rescued me, but I want to know WHY you killed him? Why didn't you just...just...call the cops or something!" she yelled jumping up off the bed.

"THIS IS WHAT I AM! THIS IS WHAT I DO! How do you not see that? Why am I even EXPLAINING THIS TO YOU! YOU'RE HUMAN! I COULD...just kill you..." I said lowering my voice and began to stalk towards her. She began to walk backwards and stumbled over her own feet as she did. But then she stopped. When I got to her, I bared my fangs.

Kill her...

"You won't kill me..." she said visibly relaxing. Taking my finger I brushed the hair away from her neck.

"What makes you say that? I can smell your blood pulsing through your veins...it'd be so easy..." I said.

"Because you would've killed me back in the alley. Or when I showed up at your door step. Or when I was sleeping at your door, that would've been so easy! But you didn't. So that's why I'm not afraid of you." she said then gulped.

Stepping back, I looked at her in the eyes. She really wasn't scared. For the first time in history, a human wasn't afraid of me.

"I'm going to get a shower. Show yourself out...now." I said turning away and walked straight to the bathroom and locked the door.

Once I was finished in the shower, I got dressed and walked over to the mirror.

"What are you doing..." I whispered to myself.

I've never communicated like this with anyone since....

You need to rid of her. You can't have someone interfering with your plan.

Whoever that was that was staring back at me was...unrecognizable. Meredith wouldn't even recognize me.

"AGHHHHHHHH!" I screamed at the top of my lungs then took my arm across all of the toiletries on my sink. As they crashed onto the floor, I looked at the mirror and slammed my fist into it. I watched as it shattered and all the pieces fell all over the sink and onto the floor. As the pieces fell, light reflected off of them shooting beams of light all around the bathroom. Taking fist fulls of my hair, I began shaking my head vigorously then collapsed onto the floor.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!

All of a sudden the bathroom door slammed open and in she came. I didn't say anything though...I couldn't. I felt her arms wrap around my shoulders and her one hand came up to my head. I flinched away at first but she didn't release me.

What was she doing?

Comforting. She was...comforting. But why?

"What are you still doing here?" I mumbled under my breath.

"I...I was about to leave and then I heard you yell and heard things banging and shattering." she answered with concern in her voice. Anger flourished through me and I shoved her away. She fell back and had a shocked look on her face.

"LEAVE! JUST LEAVE!" I yelled.

Without any hesitation she said "No."

Getting up I stomped out of the bathroom and went to my bed and sat down. She wasn't far behind me. But she kept a distance, then sat a few feet away in front of me on the floor.

"Tell me about what's going on..." she asked. Reaching up I grabbed my necklace.

"I can't. Could you just leave...please?" I asked. I didn't have the energy to get mad. Looking up at her she nodded and got up then grabbed her stuff. I got up and climbed under the covers. As she was going to open the door she turned back to me.

"Can I at least know your name?" she asked.

"Sebastian Williams..." I mumbled.

"I'm Victoria. Victoria Wilt." she said and then closed the door. Sleep...sleep will help resolve things. A fresh mind for clearer thinking. As soon as she was gone I fell asleep.

********************************************************************

"Run Sebastian!" Meredith screamed. I stood in the dark alley in horror watching as the humans wrestled her down to the ground. I began to step out to help but again she yelled. "Run!"

That time when she yelled a few of the humans turned to see where or who she was yelling at. Quickly I dodged back into the darkness. I didn't know what to do.

Help her.

When I took a step out I saw they had pitchforks raised in the air.

"NOOOO!" I shouted from the top of my lungs.

Slamming straight up in bed, I struggled to catch my breath. I was panting so heavy from the memory. So much for a day's rest.

Once I had calmed down, I rubbed my face and closed my eyes. Reaching up I grabbed the ring around my neck.

You could've helped her.

Sighing, I got up and walked over to the window. Sliding open the curtain a little I saw the sun was going down.

Hunt...I needed to hunt. I needed to go kill off more bad people.

The people who killed Meredith.

Walking over to my closet, I retrieved new clothes and put those on. A pair of navy blue jeans, black turtleneck, black shoes, and my coat. Wearing mostly black helped me to blend into the shadows more. Take humans by surprise. Taking my shoes from my closet I quickly slipped them on. Then it was time to leave.

Once I was outside my apartment, I decided to just hunt local tonight. Where I live there was enough bad humans. Pulling my lapels together I began walking down the street.

Sunday nights there usually wasn't usually much commotion going on with the humans. Everyone was preparing for the week days. But, there was usually a couple, and those couple people I needed.

As I turned to walk down a dark alley, I noticed a noise coming from behind me. Whipping around only to discover it was Victoria. She had a brown trench coat on, calf high black boots, and a black hat and gloves on. Her cheeks and nose glowed red from the coldness.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with rage in my voice.

"I came to stop you..." she said. Stop me?

"What do you mean 'Stop me'? You shouldn't be here." I said and immediately continued walking. But of course she continued to follow.

"You can't keep killing people. It's...it's wrong Sebastian." she said trying to catch her breath. Instantly I stopped and turned to her, she didn't react as fast and slammed right into my chest. But she quickly stepped back.

"Wrong? WRONG! You know what's WRONG! Your KIND killing my own mother!" I hissed at her jabbing a finger to her chest. "So if you want to say anything is WRONG, look at the people around you!" I shouted then closed my eyes and vanished a few alley's down. She won't find me.

As I started walking again, a gun shot went off. Without hesitation I went to the noise.

Once I got to where the gun shot came from, it was at a small thrift shop. A person was masked and was vigorously pulling money out of the cash register and stuffing it into a duffel bag. Closing my eyes I vanished behind the masked person.

Behind the counter was a woman with a gun wound to her head. Anger boiled through me and I grabbed the masked person, not caring if it was male or female, and bared my fangs to their throat.

"What in the-" the masked WOMAN began to say but was cut off by police sirens. How did they know so fast?

Looking up to the street, I saw Victoria on the other side of the street with her hands in her pockets staring at me. Of course she did...I should've known she would've heard the shot too. I didn't have time to kill this woman so reaching behind me to the rack, I grabbed a tie. Tying her hands together I then tied them onto the rack. Before she could look at me, I vanished in front of Victoria.

"How could you!" I yelled in her face. She never flinched.

"You don't think I didn't hear that gun shot? I knew exactly what you would do." she said.

"THAT WOMAN IN THERE KILLED SOMEONE!"

"AND YOU WERE ABOUT TO KILL HER! HOW DOES THAT MAKE IT ANY BETTER SEBASTIAN!

We stood there for what felt like hours just glaring at each other.

Kill her. Wipe her memories. Do something you idiot!

When the cops came flying in and brakes screamed, I grabbed Victoria's arm and took off at a dead sprint down the alley. Great...now I was even PROTECTING her. What am I doing! Without informing or asking Victoria, I vanished us the the front of my apartment building. She grasped onto me and wobbled.

"Why...did you..." she gagged but choked it back. "not say you...were going to do..that" another gag.

Taking her to the curb, I helped her sit down and listened to her lungs as she tried to control her pants.

"You deserved it." I mumbled as I sat a few feet away from her and clasped my hands together. I watched as she put her head between her legs and started taking deep breaths.

"I don't bite ya know...unlike some people." she said. "Do you have any friends? Or family?"

When I didn't answer her, she peeked over her leg to look at me. All the color was drained from her face.

"Why do you never answer me?" she asked. Still, I didn't answer her. She let out a little chuckle. "You're funny..."

"No." I said.

"No you're not funny or-"

"No...I don't have friends. And I don't have any family...left."

"Left? What do you mean left?" she asked as she lifted her head and became intrigued. Some color had returned to her cheeks.

Suddenly I became angry, I hated talking about "family" and "friends". I had none, was that not enough of an answer? Bolting up I began to pace back and forth. I hated my past. The past was supposed to be in the PAST.

Turning around I ran into the apartment building and began fumbling with my keys. Then I dropped them. As I reached down to grab my keys, Victoria came scurrying into the building.

"There you go again." she said with sadness in her voice.

"Why can't you just leave me alone? I'm not...I can't...JUST STOP!" I shouted and unlocked my door and raced inside. When I went to slam the door she quickly slipped in. I scurried over to my bed. "GET OUT! NOW! You-you're making things-" I said but got caught off guard. Victoria came at a dead bolt at me and launched herself onto me. Her arms wrapped around my neck and she...hugged me. Victoria was...hugging me? I couldn't react to what was happening, I was shocked. I haven't been hugged in centuries... Suddenly I got a whiff of her neck.

Bite her throat...

Not knowing it, my arms wrapped around her waist. This was...so different and it felt...good. I hugged her tighter and she squeezed her arms tighter as well. Time seemed at a stand still, us just standing there enveloped in each others arms. Finally, she loosened her arms and took a step back but her hands remained on the sides of my neck.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked lowering my voice.

"I just want to understand Sebastian...I want you to open up to me. I can see you're hurting..." she said. Releasing her, I walked over to the wall beside the window and leaned back against it crossing my arms.

"I don't get you...I've killed people. YOUR kind and I did it right in front of you! Yet...you still continue to stalk a vampire..." I said.

"You did it for a reason and I want to know that reason. I don't believe in this...mean dark tough guy you pretend to be. There's a reason you do the things you do and I want to know...and I like you Sebastian." she said. Looking up I saw that she was staring at me with wonder in her eyes. Taking a deep breath I slid down to the floor and put my head in my hands.

"In London of 1799 I was brought into this world by my birth mother...who's name I actually don't even know. But, she died during childbirth. Which made my father hate me so he gave me away to my adoptive parents...but that didn't last long either. When I was nine they threw me out onto the streets. They never really cared for me when I got to a certain age. Robert, my adoptive father, would abuse me and Amelia, my adoptive mother, would just watch and never say anything. She didn't like me much either. I used to take things from the house and make them into toys since they never bought me any. That made them mad. I always used to use my imagination then and run around the house, but of course it annoyed Robert and then he would...beat me. So yeah, when I was nine they said I became 'difficult to handle' and threw me out onto the streets. Which was where..." I stopped and looked up at Victoria. She sat a few feet in front of me with sadness in her eyes. When she noticed I had stopped she reached out and put her hand on top of mine.

"You don't have to continue tonight if you don't want to...you told me plenty.I know that what you just told me hurt you but...thank you. I understand you some more now." she said sadly but her eyes...had a look in them, but I couldn't decipher what.

"What are you doing to me?" I grumbled. She giggled...God it sounded beautiful.

"I'm making you feel..." she said with a smile.

Victoria was walking around my apartment trying to stay moving, but I could tell she was tired. Why didn't she just go home?

As Victoria tried hiding another yawn I said: " If you'd like you can crash in my bed..." She stopped and turned to me.

"Ummm..." was all she said.

"I don't mind...I already had sleep but you haven't. This is the time humans spend sleeping." I said as I got up off the floor. Walking over to my bed I pulled mack the covers and offered her the bed. "Unless you prefer to go home."

After a few minutes she walked over and kicked off her shoes and climbed into the bed. As soon as her head had hit the pillow her eyes began to drift close.

"Thank you...Sebastian." she said and fell asleep. She was so...beautiful. Her hair was flipped to the one side exposing her throat. I stood there and watched her pulse thump in her throat.

Go ahead...take a bite.

My fangs began to elongate and quickly I ran to the other side of the room. I needed to kill. She could only distract me for so long.

**********************************************************************

As I waited in the dark alley for a fight or something bad to happen, I couldn't help but to watch couples walk by. Holding hands, arms wrapped around each others waists, being...happy.

A vampire couldn't have that. Could they?

Focus.

I stood in the alley waiting for something to happen for about another hour, but the sun began to creep up. So I vanished back to my apartment, Victoria was still sound asleep.

Last night was strange...for the first time in nearly 200 years I hadn't killed a bad person...and it felt like a void hadn't been filled. Meredith...would not be proud of me.

I needed to clear my mind so I went to the place where I always did that, a shower. Grabbing my stuff I walked into the bathroom only to freeze. Glass was shattered all over the floor and toiletries were everywhere. T had totally forgotten about what happened the other day. Putting my stuff on the end of my bed, I quietly went out into the hallway and grabbed a broom and dust pan from the janitors closet. Then I went back into the bathroom and began to clean up. Once I had gotten everything back to the way it was, except for the mirror, I got my stuff again and took a shower.

The shower helped but only a little. I still had so many questions about what I was doing and WHY I was doing them. I've never felt like this before.

Slipping my clothes on, I walked out of the bathroom drying my hair with a towel. Victoria was upright in bed and was staring at me. Her hair was all messed up and she was...beautiful. Yes, she was beautiful.

Tossing my towel into the bathroom, I went and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Are...are you hungry?" I asked. I wasn't sure how to go about this because, I haven't dealt with human needs much before.

"No, I'm alright." she said then...smiled. I tried to return a smile and she smiled even bigger so I stopped. "No! Don't stop, I liked your smile. I've never seen you smile before or just be happy in general."

I didn't say anything. She stared at me and I saw that she shifted forward and quickly I stood up and stumbled backwards.

"Don't...don't do that..." I muttered in anger.

Kill her already! This has gone on to long!

Pushing the blankets off, she got up and walked towards me. I continued to stumble backwards.

"...don't..." I said mumbling now.

"I'm not going to hurt you Sebastian, why won't you let me get close to you? Have I not proven that already?" she asked stalking towards me. I kept stumbling backwards until suddenly I was against the wall. She continued to walk to me.

"I...I can't Victoria!" I shouted. I closed my eyes and listened as my breathing got heavy.

Humans...disgusting creatures. Murderers to OUR kind.

When I opened my eyes, she was right in front of me. I watched as she slowly lifted her hand to my face but I flinched away from the contact and bared my fangs. Except SHE didn't flinch. Her hand fell on my cheek. The warmth from her hand flowed through my face and throughout the rest of my body. She took her other hand then and slowly put it on my other cheek. I watched her as she stared into my eyes trying to make the right moves. Her look was also as if she was reassuring me that I was okay and she wouldn't...hurt me. Lifting my hands I hovered over the sides of her neck then slowly put them down. Her vein pulsated on my hand and a growl rose from my throat.

Kill her.

Taking her right hand she reached up and ran it through my damp hair. As she did with her right, she then did with her left hand. She continuously ran her hands through my hair soothing me. Then she paused and met my gaze. I knew what was coming and I wasn't sure how I was going to react.

Slowly she pulled my head down and she brushed her lips across mine. It felt like electric when her lips brushed mine, it felt...nice.

"Is this alright?" she asked. I nodded and she smiled then pressed her lips to mine. It felt wrong at first, but then fireworks went off in my stomach and I felt ALIVE. I've never experienced this feeling before and it felt good. I felt...happy. Smiling against her lips I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her back.

After what had felt like hours, I slowly released her and leaned my head back to look at her. Her cheeks were bright red and a huge grin from ear to ear.

"You're smiling..." she said and touched my lips.

"I'm...happy." I said and grinned bigger which I had no idea was possible. Until now.

Victoria and I laid in my bed now. I laid back and she had her head on my lap looking up at the ceiling. My hand was linked together with hers which rested on her stomach. I've never felt this happy in so long. This was only a momentary happiness though...I still needed to go out and hunt. I still have to avenge Meredith. I can't just stop because she wants me too.

I didn't want to think about that right now though, I wanted to spend the day with Victoria until night fall. I want to learn more about her.

"Victoria?" I said. She glanced up at me and smiled.

"Yes?" she said.

"Tell me about you...the last few days have been about me. I don't even know anything about you."

"Well...what do you want to know?"

"Where do you live? Do you have family and friends? Where do you work? How old-"

"WOAH there Sebastian!" she said and laughed. "One question at a time. I live in a town home on 112th street, my parents bought me the house. Yes, I have family but they live in Montana and have a big business there. I don't work anywhere. I go to college, I'm studying to be a special ed's teacher. We are currently on a break though. I'm 19." she said answering every question. Gosh...she's perfect and I'm...nothing. My expression must've shifted because, she took her hand and placed it on my cheek.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked. I just shook my head and gave her a reassuring smile. It must've worked because, she pulled my head down to her's and pecked me on the lips.

"Why did you come all the way to New York to study?" I asked.

"I've always wanted to come and live in New York. My parent always supported me and helped me get here. I'm glad I did...because look where I am now." she said and we both smiled. Things felt so calm right now, but I knew the other shoe would fall sometime and it'd all be ruined.

"Sebastian, how do you...become a vampire?" she asked. My eyes shot straight to hers.

"You don't want to know..." I said then slid her off of me and got up. She scattered to sit up and stared at me.

"I do. I don't care what you did to do it, I just want to know. I want to know more about you." she said. I turned and looked at her.

"I don't want to always talk about ME, I want to talk about you!" I argued.

"Sebastian, there isn't much to know about me. I told you the gist of it. I'm just a college student in New York City. I don't have any siblings. Um...I don't like apples...I don't like candy...I'm allergic to cats. What else is there? I'm just a boring human." she said. I shook my head and walked over to her and put my hands on the sides of her face.

"You're so much more than a boring human...you chased down and tortured a VAMPIRE. You're so strong and brave and beautiful. You listen to me and stand up to me." I said and smirked.

"See? You already know me." she said smiling. "Please tell me..." Sighing I released her and crossed my arms.

"Another vampire has to bite you and release their venom into you then they have to stake you..." I said. I looked up at her and she just seemed confused.

"You made seem like you had to do something horrible?" she said. I frowned and looked down at my feet.

"I had to kill a innocent human to finish the transition when I woke up." I said and heard her suck in air. "I told you...you didn't want to know."

"I mean...I'm kind of not surprised given your recent status of killing. But why did you want to become what you are?"

"I did it to be with my mother..." I said then grabbed the ring around my neck. Victoria stared at the necklace and then looked at me.

"Is that...your mothers?" she asked. I nodded then frowned and released the ring letting it fall over my sternum. Walking over to the window I glanced outside and saw the sun was setting. It was time... Turning around to Victoria she was already on her feet shaking her head.

"Please...don't." she said. Ignoring her I went and got my shoes and coat on. She was on my heels everywhere I moved. "Sebastian don't do this." Turning around to face her she had a look of anger on her face, she was angry at me?

"I have to Victoria. If you don't like it then leave." I said coldly. She grabbed my forearm and held me.

"You don't HAVE to do anything. There are other ways-" she began but I cut her off.

"There is no OTHER way. You know NOTHING! I have to do this for her!" I shouted then quickly shut up...I mentioned her. Victoria's eyebrows furrowed and she released me and crossed her arms.

"Who's her?" she asked sternly. Shaking my head I walked out the door into the hallway and she followed. "Sebastian, just stay with me. Please. Talk to me about this!"

"I'm sorry Victoria." I said then closed my eyes and vanished.

I couldn't feel bad about what happened with Victoria. I can't have any distractions. I have to stay focused on my goal from the last 200 years. When I go back I'm sure she will have plenty to say.

As I walked through Central Park, there would be random groups of people laughing and carrying on. People were taking photos and enjoying the view. Central Park didn't seem like a place where anything bad would happen, but in the dark spots is where things went down. I kept walking until I got to the middle of Central Park where it got dark. There were hobos passed out on benches and people stumbling around. This one couple were screaming and fighting with each other and then the woman went to walk away and the male grabbed her arm.

"Ow! Let go of me Charlie!" she screamed. He mumbled something to her and she continued to try and yank away. He tugged at her arm and reached into his pocket.

"You wont leave me Tilly..." he said and retrieved a knife from his pocket. Vanishing behind him I snatched the knife out of his hand and without thinking plunged my fangs into his neck. His grip loosened on the woman but she was busy screaming to run or do anything. Dropping the man I grabbed the woman and she cried. I grabbed her face and aligned her eyes with mine.

"You'll forget what you saw. Charlie dumped you that's all. Now leave." I said and she did as I said. Turning around I grabbed the guys leg but there wasn't a dumpster in sight, so I had to vanish to one in a nearby alley. When I deposited of his body I wiped the blood off my lip. I felt better, I felt like I accomplished something. I felt like...I did Meredith right. I needed more... So I vanished to a alley in Times Square.

After four hours I had found come across six other problems and..well handled them. I felt strong. I wanted to spend the last few hours of night time in my special place. Closing my eye I vanished there.

The stars were bright and amazing as always...but I couldn't stop thinking about Victoria. I left her mad and upset. I needed to go back to her. I laid for a few more minutes then closed my eyes and vanished to my bed.

Looking up from my bed, Victoria was nowhere in sight. She left.

Maybe it was good Victoria left. I could focus on my goal again. Erase the world of evil humans. But, what am I going to do with the remaining night hours? What did I used to do? I could go hunting more.

Getting up out of bed I headed outside and began walking down the street. I didn't stop in any alleys, I just kept walking and walking and walking. What if Victoria doesn't come back? What if I really made her mad this time?

You don't need Victoria. You should've killed her...

When I looked up I was coming around the corner of my block. In front of my apartment building was a taxi and someone was climbing out. Their hood was up and I couldn't tell who it was...until the wind picked up and their scent drifted towards me. Without even thinking I began to run to them. As I was almost to them, they turned around. Victoria smiled when she saw me running to her. Her cheeks and nose were bright red and her smile was brighter than ever.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pressed my lips to hers. She was back. I didn't think she would come back but...she's here. She's safe.

She pulled back first then shoved me off of her. "I'm still mad at you Sebastian..." she said and her face fell serious.

"I know...let's get out of the cold and go inside." I said. She looked down at a watch on her wrist and shook her head no.

"I'm tired of being inside, I want fresh air. Let's go for a walk, we have an hour and a half of night left." she said and began to walk down the street. I got caught up beside her and walked silently with her. Should I say something? Should I wait for her to say something? Should I-

"Continue your story from the other night." she said not looking at me. When I said nothing she turned to me. "Come on...tell me."

"Okay...when they threw me out to live on the streets I met a woman. She was...gorgeous and sweet and kind. She was perfect. That woman's name was Meredith...she took me under her wing and continued to raise me. She became my real mother and I loved her so much. Nobody lived with her so it was just her and me. We played games everyday and went on walks...looked at the stars every night. She became my teacher and taught me how to learn and write since Amelia and Robert never sent me to school. We lived in this little cottage right outside of town and it was beautiful. Meredith cooked me the best meals, although she never ate with me. Of course I always wondered why but never asked. Until I was 17...I began to question her about a variety of things and she always pushed it aside. When I was 19 though she gave up...she opened up to me about her being a vampire. I wasn't scared though...I still loved her. But when she told me, I knew immediately I wanted to be one so I could live an eternity like her. It took months of convincing but...she finally did. I felt more like me than I ever had before...." I told her then stopped. I looked over at Victoria and she was grinning until she saw my expression. We both slowed down our walking until we came to a stop.

"Meredith...sounds like an amazing woman. I can tell you care really deeply for her..." she said then grabbed my hand, hers were so cold so I took both of my hands and put hers in between them.

"She was...extraordinary. I do care for her....so much." I said. Victoria furrowed her eyebrows and I knew she what she was wondering. "Victoria...I-I can't continue..." I said then began to shake my head. She pulled her one hand free of mine and placed it onto my face then gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Another time..." she said and I nodded. I closed my eyes and absorbed the coldness and warmth from her hand. This woman...

A chattering noise came then and I opened my eyes. Victoria's lips were turning purple and her teeth were chattering. Quickly I wrapped her into my arms then vanished us into my apartment. Her body immediately went limp into my arms and her hands covered her mouth.

"Sebastian...I told you-" she gagged then pushed out of my arms and ran to the bathroom slamming the door. I had forgotten about her getting motion sickness from the vaporization. I listened as she gagged in the bathroom. Walking over to the door I lightly knocked, as I did the toilet flushed. I heard the sink go and her spitting. The door opened and her face appeared, all color was gone from it.

"I told you about doing that..." she said. I pulled her into my arms and kissed the top of her head.

"I'm sorry...I had forgotten..." I said with sadness in my voice. I keep hurting her...no matter what I do. She looked up at me and smiled.

"It's alright...don't beat yourself up over it." she said.

"I keep hurting you...I don't want to hurt you Victoria." I said. Taking my hand she led me over and had me sit on the bed. She stood in front of me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Sebastian...I'm fine. You aren't hurting me." she said and pecked my lips. Ever since she has came into my life, everything's changed. The way I think. The way I see. She's changing me and I...

"I love you..." I said and looked down at my hands in my lap. She didn't say anything but I heard her heart pick up. Heaven knew if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Sneaking a look at her face she had no expression on her face. There was no hint of..anything.

"I love you too." she said then fell to her knees and pulled me down onto the ground beside her. She grabbed my face between her hands and pulled me in for a kiss. This kiss was so much different. There was love and passion... Victoria pulled back first then launched at me and wrapped her arms around me.

We sat there for a while, just her in my lap with her head tucked into my chest. I missed being happy. With her it brought back so much of that happiness I lost for all those years. I never wanted it to end. I sat there listening to her heart beating and her breathing. She was calm...too calm. She was asleep. Gently I picked her up and took her to my side of the bed and laid her down slowly. Then I took the covers and covered her up. She moved around a little bit then let out a sigh and went still. Even in her sleep she was still so beautiful.

Going around to the other side of the bed, I slid off my shoes and gently climbed into bed. I didn't realize how tired I was until my head hit the pillow. I reflected on today and how I thought I had lost Victoria. At night fall I'd have to go out again but I knew already Victoria was going to fight with me about it. It's what I do though...it's what I have to do for Meredith...My eyes closed and I was out like a light.

All of the humans turned around and looked at me when I yelled. But I just stared into Meredith's eyes. They were glossy and full of tears but she managed to give me a smile.   "Go Sebastian...I love you..." she whispered and her face fell into the dirt. I watched as the life left her eyes and she fell still. I couldn't react but some humans were charging at me with pitch forks raised, so I did as she asked. I ran.

"Sebastian! Sebastian! Wake up, you're dreaming!" I heard someone yelling. Jolting straight up in bed I looked to my left and saw a human. HUMAN! Taking action I wrestled them into the bed with my hands around their neck. It was a woman.

"You killed her!" I said and bared my fangs. Panic and confusion was spread across the woman's face. She kept trying to touch my face but I kept snipping at her hand. Why is she trying to touch me?

"Sebastian...It's..." deep breath "me...Victoria." she said. Victoria...I've heard that name. Victoria! Quickly I let go of her and climbed off of her. She sat up and rubbed her throat trying to catch her breath.

"Victoria...I'm...I'm so sorry." I said frantically trying to do something to comfort her or help her. She just reached out and put her hand on mine.

"It's...alright." she said and began to cough. I grabbed her and pulled her into my chest. Her heart was racing and her blood pumped fast through her veins. It smelled...

Kill her...

We sat there for a while, her in my arms and me listening to her heart steady out. I can't believe I did that...that's never happened before. Why was I having so many nightmares anymore? Victoria pulled back and looked up into my face. I couldn't help but feel sad that I did that. Lifting my hand I touched her face and leaned my forehead to touch hers...

"I'm okay Sebastian..." said in a soothing voice and reached up to touch my cheek. Leaning back I looked into her eyes then down to her neck. Imprints of my hands bruised her neck now. I hurt her.

Sliding away from her I jumped off the bed and paced around the room. I...HURT her. My hands repeatedly ran through my hair. She's not okay...She was hurt. I hurt her. I bruised her. I choked her... Looking up to her she was climbing off the bed and was walking over to me. Quickly I put my hands up to stop her but she didn't stop.

"Stop Victoria...I can't hurt you again...I bruised you." I said and stepped back from her reach. She stopped and furrowed her eyebrows.

"It's fine Sebastian. You didn't mean to. I should've known not to wake someone who's in a nightmare..." she said. Now she was making it her fault...No no no, this was wrong. It wasn't her fault. I walked over to her and pulled her lips to mine then pulled back and wrapped her in my arms.

"Don't make this your fault...I'm so sorry...so so sorry..." I said. She didn't say anything. just put her arms around me and gave me a reassuring squeeze.

"Sebastian?" she asked in a quiet voice.

"Yes...?" I answered. She stayed quiet then answered me.

"What did you mean by 'You killed her'? Killed who?"

"I said that?" I asked and she nodded against my chest. I pulled back and held her at arms length. "They killed Meredith." I said. She let out a huge gasp and began to frantically apologize.

"Who killed her?" she asked. I shook my head and walked away. "Please Sebastian..."

"I can't talk...about it." I said.

"So you're going to leave me guessing?" she said. Did she really just say that? I turned to face her and she had her arms crossed.

"Are you making this...about YOU now?" I asked in anger. She picked that up and shook her head.

"No...I just don't get it. Why can't you just talk to me?"

"What do you mean! I've BEEN talking to you! This isn't easy for me!"

"I get th-"

"NO! You DON'T get that! Because your kind is the ones that killed her!" I screamed. Her face went flat and I saw her eyes tear up. It was quiet for a bit and then she walked towards me. "Don't Victoria."

"I...I didn't know." she said and stopped. I watched as a tear fell down her cheek but she quickly wiped it away before she wanted me to notice. But I did. Opening up my arms she walked in.

"I watched them kill her...I...I didn't DO anything. I could've saved her...but I didn't." I said sadly. She sniffled and tucked her face into my chest more. "They had pitch forks and stabbed her repeatedly. All I did was yell, then they turned and came after me. I escaped...and she didn't."

"Is that why you kill humans?" she asked and pulled back to look up at me. I nodded.

"I want to erase the evil of your kind to avenge her. They're murderers. They killed my mother." I said. She didn't say anything but stepped back and looked away from me. I watched her as her eyes wandered everywhere around the room...but to me. Now what had I done? I told her everything now. I was now an open book in front of her. She wanted to know everything now she does. But why hadn't she said anything.

"So you believe...that if you kill MY kind that you're avenging Meredith?" she asked and I nodded then she scoffed. "Sebastian...that's not going to bring her back."

"I know it's not going to bring her back, I said I want to avenge her. I believe she would've wanted me to...do this for her." I said. She looked at my with sympathy then slowly walked towards me and took my hands between hers.

"From what you've told me about Meredith...I don't believe she'd agree with this, of what you've done. There's a better way to deal with it Sebastian. This is wrong." she said. I didn't know what to say...she was disagreeing with me. She didn't agree with what I was doing was the right way.

"Wrong? What's WRONG is your kind! You...you...murderers!" I screamed and backed away from her. Rage boiled in me, I haven't felt this mad in a while. They were the ones who killed my mother cold blooded, she never hurt any of them. She never killed any of them. Now I was the bad guy?

"Sebastian calm down, you're over reacting." Victoria said. Over reacting?! How was I Over reacting! She began to step towards me but I shoved her reaching hands away. Right now I wanted to kill something. Someone.

Kill her....

"Why are you making me out to be the bad guy Victoria! I'm doing right by her! DON'T TURN THIS AROUND ON ME!" I hollered. She reached out again and grabbed my arms.

"Sebastian please, stop. I love you..."  she said and squeezed my arms. Quickly I switched holds. I grabbed a hold of her hands and pinned them to her back. I couldn't see or even think through my anger. I didn't know what I was doing. "Sebastian...stop you're hurting me."

But I didn't stop. I pushed her back against the wall and bared my fangs hissing. Her eyes were wide with fear and had tears.

KILL HER!!

Without thinking, I bit into her throat.

"Sebastian I love-" she began to say but gurgles soon over took her talking. Her warm blood flooded throughout my mouth. The taste was extraordinary...It settled my rage. But once my rage was gone, I then realized what I was doing. At the speed of light I released my hold on her throat and stumbled backwards then fell. I looked up to see her pressed against the wall, life out of her eyes, then her fall face first to the ground.

"Victoria!" I said then crawled forward and pulled her into my lap. Blood was falling out of her mouth and her eyes...had no life.Her heart no longer had a beat, it was at a stand still. What did I do? WHAT DID I DO! Sliding down I began to do compression's on her chest.

"Please...baby please...I'm sorry." I said frantically. I pressed my mouth to hers and began to breathe into her mouth. Until I got a taste of her blood. It completely flipped my stomach. Letting go of her I pushed away and wretched whatever was in my stomach onto the floor.

Once I was done I slid back to her and just stared at her...I killed her.

I sat with Victoria on the ground for a long time weeping over her. I touched my cheeks and then looked at my fingers, they were wet with tears. I was crying, the last time I had cried was when...

Scooping Victoria up into my arms I carried her over to the bed and laid her down gently. I took the blanket and pulled it up to her chest then put her hands atop each other. Her eyes were still open, taking my hand I softly brushed them down her eyes and closed them. There...she looked more peaceful. The blood coming out the side of her mouth bothered my though, so I got up and got a wet wash cloth from the bathroom. Coming back I wiped the blood from her lip and began to cry more. I sat next to her and took her hand into mine. Her body was starting to harden and moving her would soon be impossible. Bringing her hand up to my mouth I kissed it one last time...

We could've had forever...but I killed her. I was the monster this whole time. Killing humans thinking they were the evil ones when all along I was....She even told me that. But I didn't listen. Instead I hurt her. Tears began to pour out of my eyes and I laid her hand back atop of her other one then crawled and laid beside her.

You did it...you finally rid of her.

How could I live with myself? I loved her...only to kill her when I got angry. I don't deserve to live...

Getting up off the bed I walked over to the window and peeked out, it was still nightfall. Around 5 a.m. or so, meaning the sun would soon rise. This would be it. I glanced back at her resting face. Even in death...she was beautiful. God...I'm so disgusting. I'm horrible. Falling to my knees I let out a scream that shook the whole room and I cried. I screamed until there was nothing else but wheezing coming out. Taking my hands I scraped them down my face tearing open my skin and feeling blood run down my face. Pain...felt good.

When I pulled my hands away I looked at them, fingertips covered in blood dripping down. My face ached and I reached up to feel the gashes I just put. Hurting myself seemed to have worked. By the time I glanced up I saw the sun beginning to come up. Perfect...It was time to end it all. All the pain. All the suffering. It was time to be with Victoria and Meredith again.

Standing up I ripped the curtain down and stood there waiting for the sun to fully rise. My skin began to sting, looking down it became very red and the skin began to boil. The more the sun rose the more it hurt. Soon enough I was screaming and watching as my skin began to worsen. Looking down my clothes were then on fire from my skin. Then I collapsed.

I was finally free...

***********************************************************************

A bright light seeped through my eyelids, opening them I was in a bright white room. I was lying on the floor staring at a figure in the distance. A very familiar figure. Sitting up right I squinted to see if I could see them any better. They began to slowly walk towards me.

"Sebastian..." they said. It was her! Her angelic voice!

"Mother!" I said and bolted to her. She had her arms open and I ran into them. It was a warm welcoming and I inhaled her sweet smell. Tears flowed down my face and I didn't care. She was here...I could see her, touch her, hear her again. Pulling back she had tears streaming down her face as well.

"Sebastian my sweet boy...I've missed you." she said with a smile and placed her hand on my cheek and wiped a tear away.

"I missed you too mama..." I said. We stood there exchanging smiles until suddenly her face fell. "What is it mother?" I asked.

"This is the last time I'll get to see you..." she said.

"Wh-what do you mean? I- I died we can be together!" I said and frantically looked her from eye to eye. She vigorously shook her head and looked down.

"Sebastian...you've killed people. MANY people-"

"YES! To avenge you mother! I did it for you! I thought you would be proud of me?"

"That's not what I would have wanted you to do...Now we can't be together."

I felt my heart drop in my chest... Where was this going?

"What do you mean?" I said then suddenly something pulled me back, I reached my arms out to grab my mother but my grip slipped. "MOTHER HELP!!"

A figure then appeared by my mom....Victoria. She looked up at me with sadness in her eyes.

"Victoria..." I let out in a gasp. She stood beside my mother and they were both so beautiful.

"I tried to help you Sebastian..." Victoria said. Suddenly the pull became harder on me and I looked behind me, there was darkness. It black as an abyss and...was scary.

"PLEASE VICTORIA! I LOVE YOU HELP!" I screamed. Tears pooled in her eyes.

"I can't...We can't. Sebastian I'm sorry." she said. The darkness swallowed me up and I watched them turn into small dots.

"Victor-!!"

Darkness...