Spectre (Order of Dusk #1) | Teen Ink

Spectre (Order of Dusk #1)

July 18, 2018
By SummerGoddess, Livno, Other
More by this author
SummerGoddess, Livno, Other
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you don't find book you wanted on a library shelves,
Write it yourself!"


I'd like to send a message to my life: you suck. Sincerely, Neela.

i was leaning on a black polished bar, sipping my Bloody Mary and thinking about the first I'm gonna do when I get back to my dorm in campus - throw these feet killing high heels like an Olympic disc all the way to Sibir. It's what happens when you're not a kid of girl that goes to shopping (I know, gasp, we're rare) so your mother sends you her shoes dating back to her prom in 1980's...If I endure 10 more minutes in them, I'm going to post my score in Guinness Book.

Blowing out a breath, I lifted my head to examine the club for Veronica and James, Veronica being my roommate and Romeo and Juliet of our University.She insisted I come here in first place, spending 3 hours blabbing about all the fun I'm missing on.

I hate nightclubs. Period.

Honestly, I'll never undestand what's the point of inviting a person to a party when you'r egoing to abandon them just as soon as you arrive.

My eyes scanned the room and spotted zilch. Tey are probably making out somewhere, Again. The Pulse Club was especially packed on a Saturday nights like this. Dancing bodies occupied every inch of the dance floor, including a second floor with balcony too. Blaring techno music blasted my eardrumms as tiny lights in variety of colors casted pyramids and mini circles on ceiling and floor, including my plain black dress and making it more uh, lively than funeral-ish.

Schratch this, I've got a cozy loyal bed waiting for me. I downed the rest of my cocktail, catching a shirtless guy trying to impress a girl out of the corner of my eye. Bathed in neon colors, he performed what appeared to be egyptian style but looked more like a duck-on-a-crack style. Poor blonde looked ready to bolt any minute.

I grabbed my purse and right by the doors,a  sweaty hand locked around my writst. It was Veronica.

"Hey, Neels where are you going?" Cringing at her nickname for me I shook off her hand.

"Home." - I declared tersely.

"Aw come on. We thought something is going to spark between you and that bartender, that's why we left in the first place."

No, you weren't, i thought. True, bartender flirted with me, threw me a grin or two but I wasn't a hookup girl. I never will be.

I smiled a saccharine smile at her.

"Aw, and I thought it would be wise if I escape on time, you know, in case you guys spread a disease around here."

Not waiting for her reaction I stepped outside into the fresh night air and found James few feet in front of me, face rather scary, fists balled at his sides.

He couldn't possibly heard us.

I sighed, done with everybody and everything.

"James, I appreciate your invitation, but I'm not feeling it. You guys have fun."

"Oh, but you are about to feel it. And that will be pain."

My body went stiff. Veronica had spoke that, but her voice wasn't exactly hers, high pitched and sweet it was...deeper and...growiling. I whipped around and noticed that her body faded in and out, every few seconds.

Blinking like a hologram actually.

She smirked at me.

"This will be over soon, tentoria. And we had such a great time so far." With that, she lunged at me.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.