The necklace | Teen Ink

The necklace

One afternoon Lisa was walking home from school. While she walk home she notice people at the park so she hurried home to ask her mom if she could go to the park her mom then told her no she had to finish her homework and do her chores before she could do anything fun wise. Lisa look at her necklace that carried her grandmother's favorite ring she then started remembering  her grandma would always tell her she was beautiful and made her promise to always do her best in school but as she was getting flashbacks she felt sadness cover her heart and tears roll down her pink rose cheeks.Lisa knew she was failing her classes in school and wasn't bringing the grades her grandma would want to see she felt like she let her down.Lisa often felt like a disappointment to her family the kids at school would often tease her because she wasn't  good at math. Lisa would remember all the great things her grandmother would tell her and the motivation she would give her and lisa would always remember her for everything to keep her positive.

Lisa was short girl with short brown hair blue eyes that looked like the ocean she was very kind.The next morning Lisa mom took her to the park in the afternoon it wasn't like any other park this one has rows of flowers dark green grass a pond with colorful fish and a big playground many kids likes to play on Lisa’s ran all around the whole day when she finally went  home. A girl with long red hair and freckles was walking out the park while she noticed something shiny she notice it belonged to a girl so she picked it us and promised herself she would find who it belonged to.The Next morning Lisa notice she had lost her necklace and started to freak out she began to look everywhere in her house she then cried to her mom sobbing she had lost her most prized possession and worried her grandmother would be angry if she was here right now her mom then calmed her down and told her she'll take her back to the park and see if she could retrace her steps.A couple hours passed and Lisa didn't  find it her mom tried to calm her and told her everything going to be okay Lisa knew she had lost her necklace with grandma's ring forever and someone had found it and going to keep it. She grew upset throughout the night she couldn't forgive herself for losing something so precious to her heart.

Lisa didn't feel safe nor confident without the necklace her mom offered to buy her a new one but she refused to take it she told her mom she wanted he old one back and her mom explained to her that her grandmother will always be with her no matter what she'll always be in your heart she didn't need a necklace to help he get threw her days but Lisa told her it helped her remember their promised they made to each other and without it she felt like she would fail horribly in school than she already is she didn't wanna be a disappointment in so no longer she wanted to prove everyone wrong that she could do her best but without the necklace she just felt useless and don't forget about her necklace.A couple days passed and no one still didn't return it she started losing hope. Maria went to the park everyday hoping she would find the girl so she can return her necklace back to her but she never  went back to the park maria was starting to feel worried that she wouldn't find the girl to give her her necklace back .

A few months passed and maria saw Lisa by a near by store she hurried toward her and gave her her necklace lisa's face glowed with joy and happiness she thanked Maria for returning her necklace