The Eastern End | Teen Ink

The Eastern End

By THEBEAUTIFULTOASTER, City, Other
THEBEAUTIFULTOASTER, City, Other

"I do not have to make sense."

So this is the beginning of my epic story and I'm really excited to see how you guys think about it.

Gigi Willikers ran across the grass hoping not to be late. Too late.

“Gina Gina Willikers the fourth!” Her mother shouted from the door just in front of her. “You’re late for dinner!”

Gigi was the thousand year old queen of Crystallia and the golden witch of miracles but in this world she was just a 13 year old girl. That meant she had to get home on time.

“Sorry Mom” she said. “I lost track of time.” She couldn’t tell her mom the real story of course, that she had been battling the dark wizard Ragamorp and his ten dragons, because then her mom would know that she was a queen and a witch and she would never be allowed out of the house again. Mom didn’t like those things.

“Well this had better not happen again” said mom sternly. “I don’t want to have to send you to bed without supper.”

Gigi hung her head to try to look meek. That was hard for a queen who had sat on a throne of crystal for a thousand years. But it was easy for a girl. “Sorry Mom.” She rushed in and tried not to let her mom see the amulet around her neck that had just started glowing. That meant there was a message for her from the neighbouring kingdom of Icelandia, the cold land up north made entirely of ice and ruled by a wise and kind walrus king. He probably wanted to talk to her about global warming or maybe his daughter Reverance wanted Gigi to teach her how to be a princess.

She hurried to her room where her mother would at least knock before coming in to answer the call. “Hey there” she said to the amulet.

“Queen Gigi of Crystallia we need you” came Reverance’s voice through the amulet glow. “My father the king has been kidnapped by the dark lord Ishakalapal and his hundred monsters and only you can help us save him.”

“Oh no” Gigi said “I have to eat dinner.”