My Story | Teen Ink

My Story

July 17, 2013
By Ibble14, newton falls, Ohio
More by this author
Ibble14, Newton Falls, Ohio
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
It might be stormy now, but rain can't last forever.


Author's note: I love werewolves and vampires and my imagination is pretty wild so I got this idea.

"Zonia Arabella Romousa Ivy!" Papa hollered. Ah, crap, he used my full name.

"I'm coming, Papa!" I said.

"Get this rabbit out of my house!"

"I'm sorry, Papa," I apoligized. I ran into the room and slowly approached the rabbit. I picked it up and walked back outside to Bun Bun's cage. Victory. I placed her inside and sighed. Bun Bun is the smartest rabbit in the whole of Italy. Yep, I live in Italy. That's why my long name. I am Zonia Arabella Romousa Ivy, but most people who know me call me Zari. If you wanna be really simple with it, it turns out to be Zonia Ivy.

"I don't want that rabbit in my house ever again or your mama is going to make stew out of it! Capisce?" Papa yelled. He stood at the door and watched me as if I was going to run. God knows I would run if I had a chance.

"Papa, I said I was sorry," I told him.

"Don't talk back to me! I'll send you to my sister in America and you'll learn your lesson!" He threatened. That's the fourth time he said he would do that this week. I don't know whether or not to believe him. Every time he says it, though, makes me wanna cry. But Papa didn't raise a weak girl so I don't cry. I haven't cried since I was seven years old. Papa made sure of that...

"Yes, Papa," I said and fixed my red ruffled dress. The warm summer wind blew my long, dark, curly hair around my face. I lowered my head and walked back inside. I went back to my room and reopened my journal. I put on the radio and began writing. But I was distracted. It wasn't the music keeping my mind off topic, I was looking out the window at a taxi pulling into our drive way. Who could it be? Mama and Papa are home and my younger brother Marc was sleeping. Simon, my older brother, was working at the bakery. He wouldn't be home until later and he has a bike.

I shut the radio off and closed my journal. I walked into the kitchen and saw Mama at the stove. "Mama, who's here? There's a taxi out there. Who's coming for dinner?" I asked politely.

"Your auntie Karen and uncle Bentley. They've come to visit and they're going to take you to America. You'll be leaving two days from now so at goodbye to your friends tomorrow," she told me.

"What?! I dont wanna go! What about Bun Bun? Nobody will take care of her! I can't leave Italy. I've never even left the farm! You can't be serious! Mama!" I said madly. My mother had a look of shock and anger on her face. I've never spoken to anybody like that in my entire life.

"Zonia, you're turning sixteen in a week. Think of it as a birthday trip. You'll be leaving with them and thats final!" Mama scolded me. "You can take your rabbit if it is alright with your aunt and uncle."

"Rosalind, meet my sister, Karen. Zonia, meet your aunt Karen. You'll be going to America with them. You will not whine and complain. You're going to listen to them and you'll be a good child for them," Papa said. My father's big frame almost hid my aunt Karen from sight. She slipped past Papa and found me. She pulled me into a firm hug. I stiffened. I'm not used to many people willingly touch me, much less hug me. I'm not ugly or anything, I'm actually quite pretty, but people just tend to levitate away from me. I'm only used to my friends and then again, I don't have many of them.

"You are Zonia? Oh, my. You are so beautiful, just like your mother. You have her eyes and your father's dark curly hair. I'm your aunt Karen. This is my husband Bentley. Your uncle. Italy is so amazing. This is the first time I've been here. The scenery here is breathtaking. You'll love it in America. We live in the country, too, but it's nothing like Italy," Karen gushed. She hugged me again and kissed my cheek. She kissed me... nobody has ever kissed me. Not even my Mama.

"Yeah, I'm Zonia. Zonia Arabella Romousa Ivy. I have a rabbit named Bun Bun. Can I take her with me to America? I can't leave her here. Nobody will take care of her and Mama will make rabbit stew if she stays," I say with my head lowered.

"Sure, honey. I don't mind. I have a rabbit at home too. His name is Roger," aunt Karen said.

"It's time for supper. Go get Marc," Mama said.

I rushed off to Marc's room and said, "time for supper!" Marc's and I walked back to the kitchen and everyone was seated. Aunt Karen and Uncle Bentley were introduced to Marc and Papa explained that I would be leaving with them for America. Dinner passed slowly for me because nobody spoke to me very much except for Karen. Even then Mama would steal her attention away from me.

I excused myself and went to my room when dinner was over. I was alone because Mama and Karen would be doing the dishes and Papa and Bentley would be in the garage. Simon would be home soon and that fact made my stomach churn. Papa and Simon would fight because Simon won't want me to leave him in this crazy house with the rest of this crazy "family". He even told me that I'm the one who has kept him sane all these years. Simon actually cares for me. He loves me like an older brother should. He's almost three years older than me, but he's my best friend, too. I have two other friends. Maria and Ruben. I've known them for almost ten years. They'll hate my parents when I tell them when I'm leaving. Maria with have an outright fit. She'll scream and cry while Ruben waves goodbye with a scowl on his face. I've had a crush on him since forever, but I'm pretty sure he likes Maria. I'm moving to America so that doesn't matter anymore.

I was about to fall asleep, but Simon burst into my room. "Zari! Is it true? Tell me it's not," Simon said.

"Simon, it is. I'm leaving in two days. I'm taking Bun Bun with me, too. I'm so sorry! Simon, please forgive me. I do not want to go, but I have no choice," I say.

"They can't take you! I'll come with you! The two of us will go to America together! I have enough money for a plane ticket since we have the bakery," he said and hugged me. I hugged him back, so close to tears yet so far from crying.

"No! Papa won't allow it. What about the family bakery? Who will run it? Marc is still too young. How will Mama, Papa, and Marc get by?" I asked.

"They'll be fine. Papa can handle it. He did once before. We're leaving in two days?" He asked.

"Yes. Simon, I'm scared. I've never left this farm. Almost sixteen years I've been alive and this farm is my life. Maria and Ruben always come here. I never leave this farm! Will you take me to town tomorrow? And to see Maria and Ruben? I don't know where they live. I don't know anything except for the farm and the dusty dirt road that leads to just another mystery," I sighed.

"Tomorrow we will go to town with Maria and Ruben. I will show you as much of Italy as I can, little sister," he said and hugged me once more. Wow, four hugs and a kiss on the cheek in one day. Things are really changing.

I opened my laptop to check my Facebook. Yeah, little Italian girl who never leaves the farm has a Facebook. I use it to keep in touch with Maria and Ruben.

So after that, I fell into a restless sleep with a dream about wolves. Wolves snarling and snapping at each other. Growls and howls filled the night air and the full moon glowed brightly in the midnight sky. I saw a wolf with blue eyes and gray fur. He jumped at me and I woke up screaming. "Ahhhh!"

"Zari! What's wrong?" Bellowed Simon. He ran into my room with messy bed hair.

"Just a bad dream. A really bad dream. I'm sorry for waking you," I mumbled.

Simon walked to my bed and laid beside me. "Sleep," he said.

I rested my head back down on our shared pillow and fell asleep again.

My alarm clock beeped and I shot up. Mmm...? How did Simon end up in my bed? I blinked a couple of times and rubbed my eyes. I frowned at the insistent beeping and pushed Simon out of bed to reach my clock. I turned it off and sighed.

"Hey! What's going on? Zari?" Simon questioned. I giggled as his head popped up.

"I couldn't quite reach the clock so I moved you over a bit!" I stepped over my brother and out of bed. Simon followed me. I walked out to the patio and opened Bun Bun's food bag. "Morning, Bun Bun. Hungry?" I asked. I poured her some food and gave her some fresh lettuce. "Yum. Eat up. We have travelling to do tomorrow," I said. I stroked her soft ears and left. Papa was watching me from the kitchen. "Morning, Papa. Morning, Mama. Morning, Karen and Bentley," I said to the people in the kitchen.

"Morning, child! What do you plan on doing today? Maybe we could go sight seeing!" My aunt said excitedly.

"Simon said he was gonna take me to see my friends Maria and Ruben. I've never left the farm so I would like to see them at their homes and then the four of us were gonna go to town. Simon was gonna show me Italy," I say.

"And I am, shorty! We will see Italy and you'll love every bit of it. Oh, Papa, I'm going to America with Zonia and you can't stop me. I'm pretty much a grown man and I have the money for a plane ticket already. I can't stay in this crazy house any longer. You can take care of the bakery and Marc will help you," he said.

"Very well, son. Good luck in America," Papa said gruffly. He didn't look too happy about that.

"Eat and get dressed, Zari. We've got a country to see!" Simon said. He ruffled my curly hair and I squirmed away from his hand.

"Okay!" I said and sat down to eat breakfast. I ate my breakfast quickly because that's just what excitement makes you do, rush everything. After I was done I set my plate in the sink and ran to my room. I opened my closet and paused. What will I wear to see Maria and Ruben? Ruben... I better wear the dark blue dress. I think he like that one. I got dressed in the pretty blue dress. I brushed my hair and fixed it so the curls would look absolutely perfect. I've never wore makeup and I really don't need it so I went au natural. I ran out of my room. "Simon!" I squealed. "I'm ready!" I walked into the kitchen ans slipped on my shoes.

"You look stunning, little sister!" Simon praised.

"Thank you," I said.

"We'll be leaving now!" He said to Papa. Papa nodded his head.

Simon grabbed my hand and pulled me out the front door. "Simon, who lives closer? Maria or Ruben?" I asked.

"Ruben lives closer to us. We're seeing him first. Guess what?" Simon says.

"What?"

"He told me that he likes you,"

"What? Um, okay, I like him too," I said awkwardly. He likes me! Omigosh! Yay!

"Okay, then. After Ruben confesses his undying love for you, we will go see Maria," he said with a laugh. Oh, crap, this is gonna be bad. Really bad.

As we were walking down the dirt road I was amazed at pretty much everything. Then I saw a house in the distance. "Is that his house?" I wondered.

"Yep. He has a dog. It's big, but dont be afraid. It's a big old softie," Simon said.

Just then, Ruben ran out of the house chasing a big black dog. "Toby! Come back! Hey, Simon! ZARI?! You're not at the farm! Why are you out here?" Ruben asked. He came up to us and hugged me. I hugged him back and Ruben smiled a big wide smile. I think I'm getting better at hugs.

"Ruben, my parents are sending me to America to live with my aunt and uncle. I'm leaving tomorrow. I've come to see you and Maria at your homes. So, here I am," I explained.

"What? No! You can't leave Italy! What about Maria and I?!" Ruben said angrily. He pulled me into a fierce hug.

"I'm so sorry, Ruben. They're sending me away and I don't know why! Simon said he is coming with me. Should we go get Maria?" He let me go.

"She's sick today. I guess it's just the three of us," he said.

"Nope, it's just the two of you. I just remembered that I have something important to do at the bakery," Simon said and took off running down the dirt road with a smirk on his face.

"Liar!" I yelled down the road. He laughed but kept on running.

"So, Zari? America? You scared?" Ruben asked.

"Yeah, but Simon will be with me," I said. I looked up into his eyes and Ruben smiled at me. I smiled too.

"Have I told you how beautiful you are, Zonia?" Ruben asked.

"Uh, no?" I said.

"You are so amazingly beautiful and now you have to leave for America. I should tell you now, before I never see you again," he said.

"What? Ruben I have something to tell you," I was really gonna tell him...

"Me first, please, Zonia. I've known you since we were little kids. We did everything together even though you never left the farm. I care about you a lot. I love you, Zonia. I really wish you didn't have to go America. I'm really gonna miss you. Zonia, are you okay?" Ruben asked me. "You probably don't feel the same way about me, but that doesn't matter. You just need to know that."

My face was blank and my mouth was slightly hung open. "Ruben, I don't know what to say..." I said. I do feel the same way.

"You don't have to say anything. I could show you the town and we could go dancing. Let me go tell my mama," he said and kissed my cheek. "Come with me."

"Um, okay?" I said and followed him into his house. "Hello," I greeted a woman.

"Mama! This is Zari!" He said and presented me. Her mouth fell open and she hugged me. I hugged her back.

"You're the girl who Ruben never stops talking about. He's told me that you never leave the farm... why have you left?" His mother asked.

"Does it really matter, Mama?!" Ruben exclaimed happily. He slipped his shoes on said, "we are going to town, okay? Zari leaves for America tomorrow, and I am showing her Italy!"

"Okay, be home before it gets dark. And find Toby!" She called as Ruben and I ran out the door.

"Yes, Mama!" Ruben called.

We ran down the dirt road laughing. At what, I don't know. "Ruben, where is town?" I asked. We slowed to a walk and we were huffing and puffing like we were little kids again. I smiled at the memory of Ruben, Maria, and I racing around the farm chasing chickens.

"Not too far just around the bend. You can't see it yet because of all the trees. Once we turn you'll see town. We'll go dancing after I show you my favorite place," he said. He held my hand and pulled me further down the road. I loved the feel of his hand and mine touching.

"Ruben?" I said. I tugged on his hand.

"Um, yeah, Zari?" He asked.

"You told me that you love me. Right?" I said.

"Yes, Zari. I want to make this this the best day of your life,"

"Um, you thought I didn't feel the same way about you as the way you feel about me."

"Do you feel that way about me, Zari?" He asked. He took both my hands and looked me in the eyes. The wind blew and a curl flew into my face. Ruben tucked it back very slowly. His eyes never left mine. It was beyond intense.

"Yes, Ruben. Since we were little kids I've had feelings for you. I'm so sorry that I'm moving to America!" I said and hugged him. My arms went around his neck and his arms wrapped around my back.

"I'm sorry!" He said.

"Wait, why?" Why is he sorry?

"Because I should've told you sooner and I didn't," he explained. He released me and brought my face up to his. He came as close as possible without kissing me and then paused. "I love you, Zari," he said and kissed me. His hands went into my hair, but my hands went to his chest to push him away.

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! So wrong! No! No, no, no! I can't kiss Ruben!

I don't know what started my mental freakout as I was being kissed by Ruben, but we stopped I pulled away. I pushed him away and took a step back. I tried to get my breathing under control and glared at him. "You kissed me?" I said questioningly.

"The feelings were mutual! I like you, you like me. I kissed you. What's wrong? Am I a bad kisser?" He chuckled cockily.

"Ruben, you can't just kiss me in the side of the road!" I yelled. I slapped him.

"I'm taking you to the bakery and Simon will show you Italy!" He shouted back.

"Fine!" I screamed. Ruben grabbed my arm and the strength of his grip was painful. He began pulling me down the road.

"Ah!" I gasped in pain. "Let me go! I can walk perfectly fine."

Ruben let go of me and stormed ahead. "Come on. Keep up!" He teased coldly. He glared at me as I ran beside him.

"Don't look at me like that! You shouldn't have kissed me! I didn't ask for it," I explained. I glared at him awkwardly. I wasn't very good with facial expressions, but I tried for confident yet angry. I don't think it worked.

"I'm sorry, Zonia. You're so right. Can you please forgive me?" Ruben asked. His eyes held guilt and regret.

"I don't know, Ruben. YOU kiss ME and get mad at me for saying no. I don't think that's quite right. I don't leave the farm, but I know manners and right or wrong. That was wrong of you. If you promise not to kiss me again, I might forgive you," I smiled.

"Oh, I promise, pinkie promise!" He said and wrapped his pinkie finger around mine. We squeezed and sealed our promise. He smiled and held my hand. I gave him a weird look. "You didn't say hands were off limits. I'm not going to kiss you, I pinkie promised and if I want to live... I won't kiss you," he said.

"Hey, would you like to meet some of my friends from school? They're really cool, you'll like them. Trust m-"

"Ruben, if I meet them today, I will leave them tomorrow and there's no point. I'll make new friends, but have to leave them behind and go to America. And that's not right. I'm sorry, Ruben, but I can't meet your friends. It wouldn't be fair to them," I say.

"Oh, I'm sorry. We'll go dancing and we can go anyplace you like. It's your day, just lead the way," he smiled.

I looked off to the distance and saw buildings. My breath hitched. People. I don't like many people. I don't get out at all and people make me nervous. I guess being antisocial, like me, does that to ya. I began to sweat at the thought of all the people staring at me. Gawking at me like I was a three-headed, polka dotted horse or something. It was unsettling. Very unsettling.

"Hey, Ruben, is there always this many people around?" I asked timidly.

"You haven't seen anything yet! This is only the early morning. Wait until lunch then you can be afraid!" He teased.

I smacked him with my free hand. "Not helping!" I said.

"Don't worry. I won't let them tear you apart," he joked. We walked into town and the stares began. First it was the older adults and then the younger couples. After them, the teens noticed and so did some of the oldest children.

"They're staring at me already!" I complained to Ruben. He chuckles and pulled me into a shop. The Candy Shop. I've dreamt of this place my whole life and I guess Ruben remembers me saying so. "It's candy!" I gasp.

"Yeah, take as much as ya want. I'm paying for it. A going away present," Ruben smiled. He released me into Candy Heaven. "Hey, Roberto! We've got company!"

"Oh, really? Somebody special?" Said a burly man. He walked to the counter, he was probably in the storage room doing inventory.

"Yeah, you heard about The Ivy Girl?" He asked Roberto. Is that what people know me as? The Ivy Girl?

"Zonia Ivy? The Ivy Girl? Yeah, why?" He wondered. He obviously doesn't know who I am.

"Zonia Arabella Romousa Ivy in the flesh," I introduced myself.

"The Ivy Girl doesn't leave her family's farm. You aren't her," Roberto scoffs.

"Really?" I challenged. "Do you know Simon Ivy?"

"Yeah. His family owns the bakery. What do what with him?" Roberto said gruffly.

"He's my older brother! My name is Zonia, but people also call me Zari. I never leave my farm because my parents say I'm too messed up. They're the crazy ones. That's why they're sending me to America. I'm moving in with my aunt and uncle. I've been allowed to see Italy before I leave. I leave tomorrow. So, if you won't treat me with the repect I show you, then I'm leaving," I said.

"By all means! Take as much candy as you'd like! It's on the house! The Ivy Girl has left the nest! I hope you enjoy Italy as much as possible!" Roberto said and grabbed a bag, then two, and then three. He was giving me three bags to fill with candy! And these bags were huge! I took the bags and filled them with candy. Ruben and Roberto watched me with amusement clear in their eyes. My favorite candy was the caramel candy. "That enough candy?" Roberto asked. He grabbed another bag.

"No! No more bags. I can't take four bags of free candy. I don't even see why I'm such a big deal," I mumbled.

"You're like a myth and mystery. Some don't believe that you exist and some are such hard believers that they worship you. You are great gossip for the women and a story for the children. To see you walk the road holding my hand is like seeing your dead cow come back to life. Nobody knows whether or not to believe it and they are so amazed!" Ruben says.

"Not amazed... what's so amazing about me? I'm antisocial and tend to avoid new people. Why would people be amazed?" I mumbled some more.

"Because you're the one and only Ivy Girl! Now go, enjoy Italy!" He said and ushered us out of the shop.

"The Ivy Girl? People know me as that?" I panic.

"People really don't KNOW you. That's just a label for them. I know you as Zari. Zonia Arabella Romousa Ivy. We're almost to the bakery. We can see Simon," Ruben says and guides me down through town.

People. People. People. So many people! I was being to feel claustrophobic. I was relieved when he led me into the bakery. "Mmm! It smells good in here!" I moaned. I loved the smell of fresh bread.

"Hey, Zonie!" Simon called cheerfully. He pulled bread out of the brick wall oven thing. He set it down and walked over to meet us. "So... how are you two doing?"

"I got candy!" I said at the same time that Ruben said,

"I kissed her,"

"What?! You kissed my little sister?!" Simon growled. Huh...? Then he came around the corner to shove Ruben against the wall. "Ruben, I trusted you! Then you kiss my baby sister?! I'm going to murder you!" Simon swung his fist back and I grabbed it and held onto it with my feet leaving the floor, knowing if I just grabbed it that he'd still punch Ruben.

"No, Simon! Its okay! I pushed him away. I even slapped him!! Simon, don't punch my only guy friend!" I begged. Simon growled again. I dropped to the ground and cried fake tears. Maybe then he wouldn't punch Ruben.

"Zari!" Simon and Ruben both yelled.

Simon left Ruben at the wall and pulled me into his arms. "Don't cry, little sister. I wasn't going to hurt him," Simon said quietly.

"Really?" I asked and looked up. My fake tears ran down my face and he believed they were actually real! I wiped my tears away.

"Yeah, you already slapped him so... I was just going to teach him a lesson. The lesson where he learns not to kiss my baby sister without her permission," Simon said angrily.

"Omigod! You're IMPOSSIBLE!" I scream and run out of the bakery. Simon and sent Ruben after me. I ran down the dirt road and hid in the huge crowd.

"Zari! Come back here! You don't know where you're going. I know Italy better than you do. Save us this trouble and come out!" Ruben shouted.

I weaved through the crowd and recognized nobody. I was sure ruben was still after me so I bought a scarf and a huge floppy sun hat. I wrapped the scarf around my neck and tilted the hat to cover my face. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I spun around to find a good looking teen guy around my age.

"Hello, I'm Danilo. You look a little lost," he said and smiled.

"Kind of. I'm actually hiding from my friend Ruben," I said.

"How come I've never seen you around? I know everybody in town," Danilo said.

"My name is Zonia Arabella Romousa Ivy. I'm the Ivy Girl. I've come to town because I leave for America tomorrow," I admit.

"The Ivy Girl! You? You're hiding from Ruben. Ruben Floriano? Why are you running from him? Did he hurt you? I swear to God if he hurt you!" Danilo said furiously.

I stared up at him with a funky look on my face. "No, he kissed me. I pushed him away and slapped him-"

"Is that why he is after you!?"

"No! Let me finish! After I slapped him he took me to my brother's bakery. The Ivy Bakery. Ruben told Simon that he kissed me and Simon got so mad. Simon almost punched Ruben but I stopped him-"

"You stopped him?! Why?" He said. I glared at him. "Sorry."

"As I was saying, I stopped Simon from punching Ruben, but he was going to 'teach him a lesson'. It was so ridiculous! I ran out of the bakery and Ruben chased me since Simon had to stay at the bakery. I ran into this crowd and here we are now," I explained.

"Simon is your older brother?" Danilo asked.

"Yep. I love him to bits!" I smiled.

"Hey! Danilo, get away from Zari!" Ruben shouted. He was pushing through the crowd to get to us.

"Run!" Danilo smirked. We began running down the road and Danilo held my hand. His was big, rough, and warm while my hand was tiny, soft and warm too. We ran into an abandoned building. "Who is Zari?"

"Me," I panted. "Z-Zonia A-Arabella R-Romousa I-Ivy. Zari," I explained, "that's what you can call me. Where are we?"

"Just somewhere I hang out sometimes. Ya know the quiet and I like to be alone alot. You never leave your farm so..." he whispered.

"I like the quiet too. I know what you mean. I like to be alone most of the time," I whispered back.

"Why are we whispering?" He whispered.

"I don't know. You started it..." I whispered. He stared at me and I stared at him. I watched as a smile crept onto his face. His black hair got into his hazel eyes and I swept it away. His eyes widened and I blushed, turning away. He laughed and a shiver passed through my body.

"Zari, you don't hang out with a lot of boys do you?" Danilo said.

"I live with my younger brother, Simon, and my Papa. I've only have one guy friend. Ruben," I said. I refused to look at Danilo

"But then there's me. Do I count as a friend?" He took off my hat.

"I don't know. I only have two of them and I've know them almost ten years ever since we were really little. I've had a crush on Ruben and he has a crush on me. I'm not sure how to feel about that. I don't think I like him anymore!" I said realizing that I don't. I really don't.

"A crush on Ruben?" He said disappointedly.

"No, not anymore. I think it's fun running from him with you," I said.

"With me? Zari, what are you saying?" Danilo asked. He touched my shoulder and I turned around. I gazed into his amazing eyes and it clicked. I was in love with Danilo. How, I don't know...

"Um... I'm really bad at saying this... but... I like you. Danilo. I feel safe and complete and I don't know how to explain it. I really like you. If you think I'm just the weird Ivy Girl... that's okay," I said. I took my hat and left the building.

"Zari!" Ruben growled. He was at least 35ft away from me. Still too close.

I ran back into the building. "He found me! Danilo!"

"Come on! I know a place he'll never find us!" He said with a smile and took me through the back door. We exited the building and ran. My hat flew off and I tried to go back for it. "No, keep running. I'll buy you a new one." He grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

I looked at him and smiled. "Thanks, Danilo," I said. We ran and ran. We finally lost Ruben and we were at a big, big, big, tree beside a cliff. As we slowed to a walk I tripped on a rock. "Ah!" I screamed and I fell. Somehow Danilo ended up underneath of me. "How'd you end up down there?" I asked.

"Dunno. How'd you end up on me?" He said. I realized that I still had to move. I started to get off of him, but his arms were wrapped around me and held my back.

"I dunno. Danilo, why are you holding me like this?"

"I dunno. Maybe I like you, too," he said smiling.

I blushed and dropped my head. My head hit his chest and he laughed. His body shook and I rolled off of him. "Danilo. What is so funny?" I said as I laid beside him.

"You blush like my mother's tomatoes! It's so cute!" He said and rolled on top of me carefully as to not squish me with his wonderful body. Wait, what am I talking about? "You are so beautiful, Zonia. May I kiss you?" He asked.

"Well.. you're the first one to ask... so yeah. Kiss me," I said. He leaned down to kiss me and I closed my eyes.

His lips touched mine and it felt amazing. This was nothing like Ruben's kiss. This was so much better. This didn't feel wrong. This felt right. Kissing Danilo felt like the rightest thing I could have done.

My hands went through his hair and it was so silky. Danilo moaned in my mouth. Then he stopped kissing me. He pulled away and scooted away from me too.

"What's wrong, Danilo? Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry," I stood up and walked under the tree. I sat at it's base facing away from Danilo. I began to cry real tears. I finally kiss a boy and don't feel wrong about it and then he doesn't want me...

"Zonia, its not you. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry. Forgive me. I just don't want to get carried away," he said and sat beside me.

"You're just saying that to make me stop crying. Guys can't stand a couple of tears. Can you take me back to my farm? I don't know how to find it from here..."

"No," he refused.

"Fine, I'll just find Ruben. He'll take me back home," I shuddered at the thought of having to find Ruben. Staying here with Danilo was much more appealing. "Actually... Danilo, I'll stay here..."

"Why?" He spat.

"I'd rather stay here with you than have to find Ruben. He'd be so mad and so would Simon. I don't wanna face them yet. I still have to see Italy. Hey... how old are you?" I asked.

"Fifteen. Turn 16 in about two weeks,"

"Hey, me too! But I turn 16 in only a week. Do you want to kiss me?" I asked when I realized that Danilo was very close to my face. Like VERY close! His warm breath smelt so good and his hand was already tangled in my hair.

"I do... may I?" He asked. He inched closer.

"Yes. I want to kiss you," I said.

"Then kiss me..." he dared.

"Mmmm, okay..." I closed the distance and kissed him. We kissed and his hands were both tangled in my curly hair. My hands held the back of his neck. Danilo moaned again and slipped his tounge into my mouth.

"Zari!!" Ruben yelled. He ran and punched Danilo.

"No!" I screamed and jumped onto Ruben's back. I held onto his back and tried to hold him off. "Run, Danilo! Go!"

"What? No! No way I'm running!" He said and I was pried off of Ruben's back kicking and screaming.

"Hey! Ruben! Go away! I don't have to be babysat!" I said and stamped on his foot.

"Why is Danilo kissing you? You let this jerk kiss you but you'll have a fit when I kiss you! Zari, I've known you since were were kids and you've just met this guy and I find you two kissing. It's ridiculous! Why is he kissing you?!" Ruben yelled at me.

"Because I was kissing him first and he doesn't have a crazy temper like YOU! Danilo is kind and really nice to me. He asked me if he could kiss me the first time too!" I vented. I stood by Danilo and had to refrain from sticking my tounge out at Ruben.

"The first time?? You've kissed this idiot more then once?!" He said furiously.

"You're gonna quit saying that crap about Danilo! He doesn't deserve your stupid words!" I screeched and slapped Ruben.

"You don't even know him! He's a player!" He shouted.

"Go to Hell! I don't care what he might be!" I said and grabbed Danilo's hand. I pulled him back down the dirt path. "Take me to my farm?" I asked him weakly.

"Sure. Once more stop though. We have to go dancing," Danilo said.

"My dress is all dirty, though! I can't dance anyway..." I said.

"Are you gonna let that stop you from enjoying the day with me? I don't think so because I won't let it!" He said and twirled me around.

"Ahhhh!" I became very dizzy after that. I looked down and my dress was a little cleaner. "It's still dirty," I moaned in defeat.

"Who cares?" He said and kissed my cheek.

Something cold and wet hit my shoulder. "Eek!" I yelped.

"It's just rain, you've seen it before, haven't you?" He wondered. Soon it began to rain steadily.

"Yeah, it just scared me. I'm not used to it out here. I'm sorry if I'm too weird for you," I mumbled.

"No, you'll never be to weird for me. Trust me. I love weird."

"Hey, could we dance in the rain?" I asked.

"Yeah, Zari, will you dance with me?" He offered.

"Yes!"

And so we danced. We were very close to each other and my head rested at the base of his neck. I don't know what had control over me but I was kissing his neck and my gums hurt like crazy. Danilo craned his neck and I had a better view of it. He groaned and pulled me closer. As I was kissing his neck I felt two sharp... teeth... pass my lips. I don't know what made me, but I sunk my teeth into his neck. His blood was sweet and tangy at the same time. "Ahhh!" He moaned in pleasure as I drank from his neck. That snapped me back to reality. I licked his neck to clean the blood away.

"Danilo! I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me! I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!" I begged. I wiped the blood away from my lips. I drank his blood!!

"Take more from me. Please!" He begged. He sounded drunk or something!

"No!" I screamed. "Look at me! You're going to go home and sleep this off. Meet me at the airport place tomorrow with your bags packed. Okay?" I said. He nodded and left.

"Aw crap!" I said and ran back the way Danilo and I came. I found the town and avoided as many people as possible. I found my way back to the bakery and found Simon and a shady guy talking. "Hey, Simon!"

"Zari! You're okay! Ruben told me that Danilo found you?" He said and hugged me. I flinched at his name.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Nothing is wrong. Who is this?" I asked and pointed to the shady character.

"I am Tullio. Pleasure to meet you, little vamp," he whispered the last part in my ear. My eyes grew wide and I stepped back behind Simon.

"What was that about, Tullio? She's my baby sister, she's way off limits," Simon warned.

"Sorry, man. I didn't know. I'll back off," he smirked. It didn't look like he would be backing off anytime soon.

"Hey, Simon, I'll be at home. Ya know, packing my bags. See ya!" I said and ran out of the bakery. I ran all the way back home and when I got there, I was spent. I walked in the door and took off my shoes. Then I went on Facebook. I had a friend request from Danilo and Tullio! Dang creeper! Ah, crap! I accepted Danilo's request but not Tullio's. What am I gonna do about him, he knows... HE KNOWS!

I clicked off of Facebook and onto Google.

Vampires

So many things popped up. Ugh... Twilight... stupid idiots. Vampires don't sparkle! I saw characters like Bella and Edward but also Jacob. Jacob is a werewolf though. Why did that pop up?

I sat on my bed for at least five whole hours and learned everything I could about vampires. I'm sure that some of it isn't true, but ya know... it's the Internet. I went on multiple websites that were complete butt-junk and some that looked pretty promising.

I heard a tap-tap tapping noise at my window. Who could it be? What could it be? Come on, Zari! You're an Ivy, not a chicken! I gave myself a little pep talk and walked to the window. It... it... it was Tullio! And he knows! I opened the window to see what information I could squeeze from him.

"Tullio! What do you want?" I whispered.

"Hello to you too, little vampire," he whispered.

Before I knew it he was in my room towering over me and I was cowering in the far corner. "What do you want, Tullio?" I asked quietly.

"Little girl, do you know what you are?" he asked.

"Human, last time I checked," I joked.

"No, you're anything but human. I can smell it on you. You're a little vampire," he said. Crap, escape plan? Um...? Scream? Maybe...

"No, I'm not!" I screamed and grabbed the cross from my nightstand and advanced towards Tullio.

"Really? Are you kidding me? A cross? Ha!" He said and pulled a wooden stake from his trench coat. While he was distracted by something I grabbed the stake from him and lunged at him.

"Papa! Marc! Simon! Help me!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Papa burst into the room with a furious look on his face.

"Raffaele, we meet again," Tullio smirked.

"Tullio," Papa growled.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.