Secrets | Teen Ink

Secrets

By Brynndelyn BRONZE, Selma, Texas
Brynndelyn BRONZE, Selma, Texas

Writing is only boring to people who are boring:)

Summary:

Castle Rose was a street just like any other. There was a cute little house on the corner of the street and there was an old red fire hydrant in front of every second house. And then there was my house. It was large, three stories’ to be exact, and dark, and closed off from the human world. My family and I were the only “people” who had ever lived in the magnificent building. First in my family was my mother, Sydney, she loved to roam around the large house doing this and that. Then there was my father, Aron, he was strict but still the nicest guy I had ever met. I also had a sister, Scarrlet, who was 17 and also my best friend. My brother, Wesley, who was 16, was more of an enemy. He became an enemy by the common sibling blackmail.

“Breakfast is ready girls,” called my mother from the bright and yellow kitchen. I felt someone’s hand tug on my shoulder. “Ash, ash wakeup, Ash.” Whispered Scarrlet whom, I shared an old fashioned looking room with. “Can you smell it?” asked Scarrlet. ”Yeah, it’s our favorite. Pancakes! ” I replied. We jumped off my bed and raced out the door and down the ice cold stairs in our pajamas. Scarrlet wore an old silk gown with lace around her neck and sleeves. While I wore grass green pajama pants and a long sleeved top with polka dots that matched the pants. My father, mother and brother were already seated at the long narrow ten person dining table. Piles of pancakes, a bottle of maple syrup and a pitcher of freshly squeezed orange juice were waiting to fill our five hungry stomachs. I loved eating human food just because it’s fun to pretend to be something you aren’t. “Bless us O’Lord for these thy gifts which we….” The words were soothing and I found some comfort in this daily routine.

Brynndelyn

Secrets