Farewell Pluto | Teen Ink

Farewell Pluto

By Iceball BRONZE, Richmond Hill, Other
Iceball BRONZE, Richmond Hill, Other
3 articles 1 photo 1 comment

The people who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones who do.

Summary:

The concept of normality was just not sinking into me. Honestly, how was it possible to be normal if the concept of it is different for each and every single person? Plus the fact that we actually weren’t normal just throws me off even more.
“Examine the body language of a human being,” Apollo had said “study their facial expression, movements. Everything counts, because one little mistake can throw you way off.”
I would like to see him try and become what he set off for us to be. Humans were just way off limits.
I’ve managed to remember not to walk straight into these solid matters they called “walls”, learned to drink water and eat food, and I am now able to control all parts of this human body well enough to do these athletic activates they liked to call “sports”.
I had to remind myself every morning that I was here for a mission, to save Earth from being damaged beyond repair by the humans, even though I was not aware at all of how I was going to do that. Without that reminder, I would probably have left this body long ago and went back to the outer atmosphere, to Pluto. I knew perfectly well that I didn’t belong here, like I didn’t belong anywhere, but that made me wonder why Apollo wanted me on this mission in the first place. Unlike the others, I couldn’t help by making rivers flow and trees grow, all I was capable of was bringing death and darkness, which was the exact opposite of what they wanted.
Being a night like any other, I was focused on the sight at the other end of an over-sized black stick. I had myself do this every night, the telescope had grown to be one—out of the few human inventions which I was familiar with. Finally, I stopped adjusting the angle of this equipment and stared at the beautiful sight of my Pluto. I managed to make out the tiny shape of my dear moon—Charon beside it.

Iceball

Farewell Pluto

Iceball BRONZE said...
Iceball BRONZE, Richmond Hill, Other
3 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Thank you :) I'm glad you liked it.

JustAnotherDay. BRONZE, Andover, Ohio

Stephen Fry - There are many people out there that will tell you that "you can't". What you've got to do is turn around and say, "watch me."

You did amazing. I loved it.<3