Laila's Life | Teen Ink

Laila's Life

By CaseyJean BRONZE, Rustburg, Virginia
CaseyJean BRONZE, Rustburg, Virginia

"A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness."

Robert Frost

Summary:

Who knew that being a senior in high-school could be so difficult? After everything Laila has been through, she has decided to let everything loose. No more worrying about ANYTHING! She doesn't care how she makes people feel anymore.

CaseyJean

Laila's Life

CaseyJean BRONZE, Rustburg, Virginia

Robert Frost

Thank you so much! It really means a lot to get feedback. I noticed that little bump right when I published it, but hopefully readers will be able to unserstand it was her Step Dad! I'm not really sure if I should continue it. Didn't plan the plot at all!

shinegirl24 BRONZE, Grand Rapids, Michigan

"All, everything I understand, I understand only because I love." Leo Tolstoy

Hi! First, I'd like to say that you have a lot of good things going on here. You created a really interesting character; Laila seems a bit superficial at first, until you learn her story, so good job there.  I also really like the overall story line. One little thing I would change was the part where you described how her father died, but you then went on to say "Mom and Dad went to watch Max's karate class". That shouldn't be too difficult to fix, you could just make him a stepdad or something. Overall, great job and keep writing!

AloneandFree SILVER, Williamston, South Carolina

Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.
-Mario Fernandez

oh my god thats just amazing can you write more i would like to read more of that story. its just full of suspense and its a great book. PLEASE WRITE MORE!!!!!

CaseyJean BRONZE, Rustburg, Virginia

Robert Frost

Thank you, and yes that's what I get from typing everything, with word documents and all, thank you though for telling me, I try to proof-read everything, but will sometimes miss some things.

DanielM SILVER said...
DanielM SILVER, Kent, Washington

"I would rather hated million times for what i did then loved a million times for what i didn't do." - Daniel Moto
" I've sought out to be the best i could posibly be but when i hit a roadblock in life what did i do, i had two choices either stay at the roadblock or i take this roadblock and make of it and go around it and achieve my goal. So, what will it be?"- Daniel Mathia

"People take love like its a four letter word or just a phrase that you tell people or your friends all the time. But in reality love is much bigger than a merely phrase or 4 letter word. Instead love is a genuine promise or covenant to that special person."-Daniel Mathia

“Why change yourself when you were made perfect and wonderfully by the creator of everything?” – Daniel Mathia

“If live is not hurtin then were really not living in.” – B. Reith

I really like your style of writing. It's very intersting how you write. i really like this novel. Your really good at desribing people and just descriptions in general. Great Job!!!

suggestion: their are a few spelling errors such as god should be captialized other than that your really good at writing and keep it up

fidgetyfrog GOLD, Panchkula, Other

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- Dr. Seuss

Love your discriptions. You should totally continue it. :nodswisely:

ignorance_is_bliss PLATINUM, Memphis, Tennessee

"This is what it is, this is who I am
This is where I finally take my stand
I didn't wanna fall but I about to crawl
I met the one with two scarred hands"

-Newsboys, Born Again

Man, tht was amzing. its one of those books where you just get lost, and forget everything around you. Loved it with my whole heart. U read poetry? I have tons. If u wanna read it...:)

CaseyJean BRONZE, Rustburg, Virginia

Robert Frost

All of those questions, I will try to answer(: Thank you so much. Your comment was gladly appreciated. I hope to continue writing the story when I have more freetime. I will check yours out!

CaseyJean BRONZE, Rustburg, Virginia

Robert Frost

Thank you so much! Getting positive comments just makes my day so much better. I am new to the whole teen ink website. I will try to continue the book, with summer edging closer.

nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the most of everything they have."

"Today is life. The only life we're sure of. Make the most of today." -CSI:NY

please write more! i want to know what happens!

you have a great style of writing and there are still so many questions that need to be answered!

please post more!

<3

Lindsey31 GOLD said...
on May. 5 2012 at 10:02 am
Lindsey31 GOLD, Rockford, Minnesota

LIVE life ~ LAUGH always ~ LOVE lots

But.. what did she do to her dad? How did he die? What was Laila and Han's past? There are so many unanswered questions! I hope you create a "Laila's Life: Part Two!" That'd be awesome! If you want you could check out my book and comment! You are a very good writer! I was hooked.