Rose for eternity | Teen Ink

Rose for eternity

Ailish SILVER,

rose is a young girl but she will be for ever she never grows up never grows old and that's down to her ex boyfriend jake.
Jake's an assassin but was sent to kill her though he could part with her so he changed her

Chapter 2
When I heard him say theat shivers went down my spine all I could theink of was theat summer in thee Caribbean. That long scary summer, theat was thee year me and Jake fell apart.
I remember it so clearly, we where sat on a bench on thee first day of our holiday, he'd invited me to thee Caribbean withe him but theat day as we sat hand in hand, he told me what he was and how he became it. He told me “I love you withe all my heart but we can never be togetheer not once I tell you who I am, you will no longer love me ”, he choked thee last part, lie it was killing him to say theose words.
Don't you hate it when your right I know I do. So I suspected sometheing was out of thee ordinary when I first met him. He was too secretive, he new lots about me and I just ignored it. You see he said theis to me “I know theis sounds strange but im dangerous more dangerous thean you could ever imagine, you theink im normal but im not. I kill people and I was supposed to kill you ..but I love you.” I pulled away and looked into his eyes, searching for thee joke. Why wasn't theere one? thean I realised he was serious and I ran, I ran quicker thean I ever had in my entire life. I wanted to scream' stop him he's a killer' but instead I said “ill tell thee world about you and what you are.”, I didn't get far and he caught me he was to quick.
I didn't get far until he caught me, he was too fast. He grabbed for my arm and abruptly stopped me I went jolting back into him and he caught me. “ let me explain what I am and how I got theis way. I need to tell you a secret and its big” still holding me tightly he lead me back to thee bench where he told me thee otheer half of his story.
“ 10 years ago a man hired me as an assassin as he'd seen my earlier work in thee business. I didn't know you thean and I agreed he said he'd give me thee recipe to immortality obviously I took it in open hands.” he paused to look at me and I just looked away. He sighed and resumed what he was saying.”anyway he hired me to kill you and your family he wouldn't tell me why but I didn't theink anytheing of it. When you moved to Bedford so did I, when you grew up I watched when you turned ten I realised it was impossible to do it you would go and visit thee church ruins every weekend. You where so young and I pitied you.. I know what your theinking but by thee time I was hired theey where gone” he said.
“i don't believe you, you killed theem I know it.. what did you do withe theere bodies you, you killer”, my hands started to quiver and I felt tears falling from my face. I felt theem fall from my red angry cheeks withe thee hand theat Jake had I pulled it up to wipe my tear stained face. He loosened his gripe in pity.
“ Look im sorry but it wasn't me rose, rose .. look at me I didn't kill theem and I didn't kill you I love you im till your old Jake but ive not change”i looked away as he stared at me and I ignored, he looked at me again but I still looked away, I focused on a tree and herd him sigh. He looked at me again but I still looked away focusing on sometheing in thee far distance, I felt his eyes on my neck.
“You told me earlier you had a secret what is it... please tell me”i trembled, his arms tensed and I could feel he was scared to tell me. “you no when we first started going out... and you know you haven't grown at all theis year well...”, I realised what he was saying and I took a sharp intake of breathe. I remember now. He'd spiked my drink 6 weeks after we started doing out. He'd made me immortal .. theat shake he'd made me at his house he'd spiked it. “i hate you, you selfish person why would you do theis to me I hate you .” I managed to escape his gripe and I stormed off. He didn't follow theis time, he just sat and looked into thee distance withe foggy eyes.

Chapter 3
I remembered this all in a blink of an eye it felt like it only happened yesterday but it hadn't. as he held me in the corner where no-one could see us. “do I have to remind you of what I am” he sneered at me. His hand over my mouth, I cried out trying to escape him but it didn't work. All the loved he'd once had for me had now gone his heart had drained of love and happiness and all that was left was a heart of coal and eyes of hatred.
Being immortal isn't all that different from being human though you have no need to eat or drink, but I do. That is only because of Lauren. The only other thing is you can run, run fast faster than anybody had ever run before.
“Did you get that. Just stay away from me.” he whispered angrily. I chocked out a cry trying to say ok but it didn't come out that way. He pushed me hard against the wall and stormed off. I exhale quickly and scanned across the corridor hoping no-one had seen what had just happened my eyes caught a blonde boy who stared right at me looking through me with curiosity.
This boy had short blonde hair and cute blue eyes. He wore a large football top with the word sundie on it that name sounded so formula until I came to the conclusion he was in my maths class. yes now I know who it is now it was Nate yes, yes it was.
I took in a deep breath trying to relax than I started to panic, 'what if he saw us? What if he tells someone? Or starts asking questions?' I thought. He was such a young cute boy but what was I to do to interest him. In his eyes I was a ugly girl, his age of no importance.
Yes, yes I know i said ugly, well being immortal doesn't make you pretty or hansom. Most immortals cant do anything except run fast, in fact most world class runners are immortal but im different. I was told by my great grandmother when I was little that someone in are family centuries ago was a dark witch so until I turned mortal I didn't believe it but now I do. I have the special abilities, I can control dead souls and many other things I don't know about yet.
Anyway, Nate as he was known started to walk towards me I took another sharp intake of breath. “Hey my names Nate, what your name”, he held his hand out for me to shake. I went to shake it and tried to say “hi my names Rose”, but my voice collapsed and all that came out was a choke.
He laughed not one of those mean disgusted laugh but a sweat kind soft laugh. We shook hands and I calmed down we started to talk and walk down the corridor “sooo.. I saw you and that guy is he your friend cause he seemed to be hurting you”,he said making conversation.
“No he my ex boyfriend and he.. he wasn't trying to hurt me. Look im going to be late for my next lesson so ive got to go bye.”,i half trembled and half rushed down the corridor.
“bye”, I heard him whisper as I jogged off. Feeling very guilty I kept going I had history next and I still had to find the class room. My chart said room 4b block B and I was in block S. god this was going to be a long boring day.
By the end of the day I just wanted to go home and sleep I knew Lauren would be waiting for me out in the car park ready to ask me how my day went with a smile sat happily on my face.
The last bell rang and I jumped up grabbed my stuff and swiftly left without a word. I almost ran to the car ready to tell Lauren to 'step on it '.

Chapter 4
I jumped through the open door of the car ready to go, as Lauren started up the car slowly she was humming to herself. “so how was your day” she said as she started up the car. I sighed knowing I was right. “yer fine”, I replied in a quite dreary voice.
We sat in silence as Lauren drove out of her parking space and headed to the queue to leave.
I focused my attention on the school billboard it had once said :
thank you for visiting
Hastingsburry upper school
please come again
and it now read:
thank you for visiting
the hell hole they call a school
please go away
I smirked at this, I tuned to face my aunt to tell her this and her eyes gazed at it frowning. I smirked again,this amused me.'
her lips parted and I knew I would get another lecture about how I should never do that and before she could say a word, I I turned on the stereo and started to screech out the words to distract her. when we arrived at the house I jumped out the car, and headed in, Rufus our golden retriever was sat on the other side ready to bounce at me. He had his favourite toy in his mouth and than his second favourite toy was shoved in his mouth along side it. I giggled Rufus always made me laugh when I was sad or tired.
That night I went to bed and thought about Jake and how I loved him, he'd reuind my lie for his own happiness and that didn't go the way he'd planned either, because of him I could never have children and never be happy. I could never grow old because of him. I exhaled one last time and fell into a long deep sleep.
I love Lauren but because of him I will have to run away next year. It either that or I tell her what I am and all she would do is send me away I cant bear to put her under anymore stress.
She doesn't understand me and never will, im fed up of those damn parenting magazines that she reads there so irritating and stupid.

Chapter 5
the next day I got up early wanting to walk to school. My alarm went off at 6am. I walked down the hall with my boots in my hands and tiptoed to Lauren's room and peered in. Lauren was deeply asleep. I carried on down the hall, grabbed my headphones off the table and quietly left.
I walked down the path and down by the street. It was early morning and the streets where surprisingly busy. Lauren always told me not to cut through the alleys but I wanted to get there early and out of the fog. I followed down the little path, it was dark and misty and I was all alone.
Well that's what I thought I came to a sudden Holt, I herd a voice it was more like a shout. I saw a man ahead he was sat on the floor and from the way he sat he was drunk. He had something over his legs it was a body I could see his hands where red I realised instantly it was blood and there was a gun in his pocket.
The man was sobbing but it didn't sound sad there was a cynical joy to his voice. It was a girl on his lap, a dead girl. As I put the pieces together I realised he'd killed her, I wasn't stupid enough to go and check what was going on so crept back quietly. I swiftly turn to leave but instead of leaving quietly I banged into a post.
This surprised me and pushed me off my feet, banging onto the floor. I jumped up quickly hoping that he hadnt herd me but I was sadly wrong.'oi' I herd him shout. he'd stood up and pushed the body of his lap. I took in his character and his trousers where blood stained and face his face too.
He race for me ready to pounce but instead he was everywhere backward, forwards. I ran for my life taking a turn down another alley trying to find the path I started through.
I guess I should explain, being immortal doesn't make me bullet proof, yes it will be painful but it wont kill me unless he hits me in my danger zone, my 7th chakra it would send me to a place that isn't heaven nor hell and I would be stuck there for the rest of eternity.
Anyway I ran for my life, out of the corner of my eye I saw him approach me. I'd reached a dead end and there was nowhere for me to go. I grabbed a large rock to arm myself, it was Jake, he'd come into the light and I could see him now.

Chapter 6
"what are you doing here”, I sneered at him.
“Saving your life” he replied in an equally snotty voice.
He pulled out his gun as the drunken man approached, a shiver went down my spine as I heard the trigger being pulled and the shot go off. I turned my head away trying not to see the puddle of blood that was forming around the man’s head. The early morning shone that made it slightly beautiful.
I got up and went over to the drunken dead man. What had he done to deserve death, yes he’d killed a person but isn’t one soul better than two? “You monster”, I whispered un able to speak the truth of how I felt I wanted to grab his gun from his pocket and get rid of that horrible guy once and for all. I hated him, it haunted my thoughts.
He turned on me suddenly ready to pounce, “you ungrateful child you don’t know the full extent on what i could have done to him.” He sneered “I saved your life more than once now and you throw it in my face.” He pushed me to the wall and I herd something snap and I screamed.
“I am a child and because of you i can be nothing more than one, it’s your fault I’m this way and I hate you for what you did now tell me I’m the selfish one, not you.”, he loosened his grip but the flames where still ion his eyes as cold as stone but as evil and angry as the devil himself.
In a sudden outburst of anger he shouted and through me against the opposite wall more bones cracked. I slipped down the wall and the last thing i saw was his feet slowly walking away and leaving me where I fell. I fell into sudden darkness and didn’t wake again in that alley, but awoke in Bedford hospital.
****
when I woke up it was Wednesday, the clocks said 2am and I slowly realised that I was in bedford hospital. I looked around the room and saw that Lauren slept in a beside me, she was sound asleep.
Trying not to wake her, crept quietly out of my bed and grabbed a dressing gown which lay apon my bed. I found that walking was a challenge it was obvious that I had broken my leg but as I thought I was quickly heeling. I felt my leg thump along with the rhythm of my heart.
I slowly walked over to the window and sat on the chair so I could look out at the early morning moon, it was beautiful and I couldn't believe I had been asleep for 3 days straight. I turned my back on the window and faced my bed I could feel eyes on me and I realised I'd woken Lauren. She was staring right at me with huge bulging dark eyes. “ this cant be right” she whispered, “why, why are you awake? You cant be awake its almost impossible”. She said in an astonished voice.

Chapter 7
I was surprised by the lack of a welcome and I just starred at her. “what, what do you mean ?” I replied wierily” why are you looking at me like that”.
We sat on the bed and Lauren explained to me that I shouldn't be awake as been put on a very high amount of anaesthetic. “you shouldn't be awake yet well not at least until Saturday.” she froze realising shed said something she shouldn't have.
I pulled away and looked her straight in the eye.“Why, why not until Saturday what happens than”.
“Saturday, Saturday is the day you go into surgery, you have a broken bone in your leg im surprised you could walk and I-”
“No”, I screamed “you cant do this to me, im not going into surgery and you cant make me, im fine look”. I shook my arms and my legs to emphasis that I was ok. She could obviously tell that but all she did was sigh and whisper, “could you please be quiet there are people sleeping, look hun we will leave when you've had surgery and your all better”.
I was so angry but all I could think off was a quote from Jane Eyre, and I said it aloud “I am not your hun I will not quieten down send me back to school soon because I hate to stay here.”
she sighed realising how tiered I was and curled up in a ball in her chair. “the nurses will check you tomorrow if your ok we will go home now go to sleep” she murmured.
She new she couldn't win so she didn't speak after that.
By going into surgery they would find out what I am and I couldn't do that not to myself or to Lauren. She could never find out it would ruin her life. On the way back to my bed something caught my eye it was red and black with a heart on it. I picked it up and read it it said:
To rose,
please get better soon we need to see again I wish I knew you better
if only this hadn't have happened, please get better soon.
Lots of love Nate
P.S I hope it wasn't him...
xxx
I held it to my heart and sighed did he really love me and did he really miss me or was he just saying that to be friendly I kissed it and I pulled the covers off my bed and got in still holding the card, I fell asleep with it cradling it in my hands.

Chapter 8
Its been 3 weeks today that I had my accident well that's what Lauren says, with her its 'incident' this and 'incident' that. Everyday I get questions about it I had the police asking about the girl and now im a suspect, great.
“What happened when you got in the alley?”
“How did you fall down?”
“Did you touch either body?”
I hate police there always after the innocent and never catch the guilty. In my opinion there a waist of space and time. They never get anything right. Lauren thinks I believe this because they never found my parents bodies and never found who started the fire so very long ago.
All ive told them is there was two dead people and I saw them and tripped back on something and hit my head. I was knocked out cold after that and didn't remember anything else.
Lauren wont let me out of her sight, I went back to school a week after the accident and was welcomed in open arms it seemed Nate missed me, we'd only met once but he felt me to be a good friend.
On the first day I got back Nate introduced me to his friends and I introduced him to mine, I forgot to tell you about Eliza she's one of my first ever friends we've known each other for 10 years. She loves to draw and is almost twice my hight.
Nate and Eliza didn't seem to get along very well they kept calling each other names.”blondy”.. ”b****”.. ”blondy”..”b****” they throw names at each other like bombs dangerous to get between but you have to stop them before they cause damage. “ oi both of you break it up now”
anyway Nate introduce me to Amillia and I found out she loved to sing and was a brilliant artist I knew me and her would get along well and she told me she had a little brother called Jamie she told me that he was very annoying and shouted a lot. I was lucky to be an only child so I didn't have to worry about a brother though sometimes I wished I did have one.
Amillia told me that chantelle had a lot of boyfriends and liked a lot of guys, but really she was a kind hearted person who was very passionate about her music. When I first met chantelle I thought of her a spoilt brat but now I have realised she never thinks about herself.
Amillia always made me laugh when I tucked my hair behind my ears she would tell me off she always made me giggle. I realised at that minute that we would be friends forever but that was a really bad thing it would be the same for them as it was for Lauren I would have to leave next year and I couldn't return.
I knew id have to get a spell from my grandmother to make them forget me, no-one knew that I had dark witchery in my blood. The only person that did know was Lauren and she didn't believe a word of it, that is why I don't live with my grandmother today because she was considered loopy by everyone except me.

not finished

the next day me amillia and chantelle stood in the corridor, it was a break time and we sat chatting and a guy pushed past me "oi" chantelle said "you owe me a hug", i didnt think much of it chantelle hugged everyone, but i caught amillias eyes on chantelle they where full of scorn and hatrid i thought to my self 'thast hug means more than i know'

Ailish SILVER said...
on Sep. 28 2011 at 9:51 am
Ailish SILVER,
thankyou :)

writinggirl20 PLATINUM, Marksville, Louisiana

What I say only comes straight from my mind, i do not judge. (a quote by me)

its not perfect....IT"S WONDERFULLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Ailish SILVER said...
on Sep. 26 2011 at 12:55 am
Ailish SILVER,
am and will thanxx

maygirl114 said...
oh cool. well yeah its a really good story anyways. Are you writing more? You should post it up when your finished. :) I like it!

Ailish SILVER said...
Ailish SILVER,
shes a teenager in a girls body her life is really mixed up its like my life except the imortal stuff and her ex being an assasin

maygirl114 said...
on Sep. 25 2011 at 1:32 am
wow. I think this is a very good book. but im kind-of confused. I cant tell... is she like a little girl or a teenager? But yes this is a very good book! :)