Summer Time | Teen Ink

Summer Time

July 31, 2011
By ClumslyImperfect BRONZE, Spokane, Washington
More by this author
ClumslyImperfect BRONZE, Spokane, Washington
1 article 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.


Author's note: This piece is super personal, I am taking a risk putting it out there for people to read. Only two of my own friends have read this, please be nice I know it isnt my best work but its from the heart.

The author's comments:
Carghter Aria Odette Leighton: Waist length chocolate brown wavy hair, turquoise blue doe eyes, thin but curvy. About 5’4”, defined cheekbones, plumped lips. Trevor Edward Erikson: Tall, dark and handsome. Muscular, thin, dark messy hair and rich brown eyes. Defined jaw line and facial features. Jackson Clark Mitchell Leighton: tall, skinny dark brown hair. Carghter brother. Veronica Rose Lee: Trevor’s ex. Blonde. Codi: German Sheppard puppy. Taylor Rogers: Trevor’s Best friend. Short brown hair. Brown eyes. Bethanee: Jackson’s girlfriend Nickkolette: Long straight brown hair, brown eyes, skinny and tall. High cheek bones and red lips. Aria: Shoulder length dirty blonde with gray eyes, curvy and tall.

Prologue
You know, everyone wants to have a summer of a lifetime. For once, I wanted to have another thing to do during the warm months then hanging out with my best friends, remote and T.V. I didn’t want to spend this summer as I had the rest of them, I knew this summer as going to be my defining moment, many changes were going to come of this next year and the summer break was the kick off. Who knows, maybe this will be the summer I get my chance at those famous summer romance’s everyone is always talking about. Just maybe.
The summer lit days that lay ahead, didn’t look that interesting, I had a feeling I would be looking at the back of my eyelids for most of them. Summer just didn’t interest me as it did the rest of the teenagers.
My brother Jackson never has a problem finding a good time for himself, which normally meant he had tons of friends over. I had always thought of them as brothers nothing more, until the day Trevor moved in. He is 18, he was going through a tuff time and I wanted nothing more than to try and help him but he wouldn’t open up to anyone. Much less me, someone almost three younger than him, who he thinks of as a little sister. His dad kicked him out, because they were constantly fighting. To top of the fact that his relationship with his father was going to hell, his long time girl friend Veronica Lee, cheated on him. My parents saw what a hard time he was going through and let him stay with us since he didn’t really have anywhere to go. He seemed like nothing bad had happened, still the same old jokester that we loved, but we couldn’t tell that he was dying on the inside.

The author's comments:
Review!

“Trevor! Give it back!” I screamed from the top of the stairs.
“Hah! I’m not scared of you Carghter!” he laughed hugging my laptop even tighter in his arms.
“Oh, you will be!” I ran down the stairs and launched myself on him. He set the laptop down and fought back. We tumbled off the couch and were wrestling on the ground. He pinned me down and laughed.
“See told you that I wasn’t afraid,” He still was sitting on me and wouldn’t let go of my hands as he held me on the ground. Codi barked and Trevor looked. This was my chance. I twisted under him and flung him down. Now I was sitting, proudly on top of him. I smirked, as he still caught the realization of what was happening.
“You thought you won? I was just taking a quick breather,” I laughed now pressing his hands down to the ground. I looked at him and saw him staring with a small smile appearing on his face.
“This is the happiest I’ve seen you since you moved in 2 months ago,” I said. His smile quickly disappeared. I decided this was probably the right time for me to get off of him. I started to move back to get up and he grabbed my hands and pulled me towards him, pulling me into his arms. Trevor fell backwards, leading us both on the couch, now that I was lying on top of him, he rolled. We just laid there looking into each other’s eyes, his fingers still tangled with mine.
“Carghter, I …”his voice trailed off and he closed his eyes. I could tell he was trying not to cry, fighting away emotions he didn’t want me to see. We didn’t talk, just laid there on the couch. Chest to chest, so close I could feel the warmth of his breath.
I had always liked Trevor more than any of Jackson’s other friends. In this moment, I realized why, I had deeper feelings for Trevor then I ever thought could be possible. My parents always joked that I would end up with one of my brother’s friends, but I don’t think they ever knew how right they were. I wanted to have him see my as more then, the best friends little sister, I want to be his. I’m tired of seeing him bring home girls who want nothing more than to use him; he has such a beautiful, fragile heart.
I was slowly falling asleep in his arms which were now wrapped around me. As I drifted I could feel him pulling me closer to him and covering us both with a blanket.
“Carghter…” I awoke suddenly to the sound of his deep smooth voice. He mumbled something else and rolled over, talking in his sleep. I finally adjusted to the darkness and realized I was on the couch. Our faces inches apart. Laying my head down, I smiled.
“Monkey!” Once again I was waked up by his voice. Monkey was my nickname, my brother had always called me that since I was little, and his friends never really learned my real name till one of the many girls the boys brought over would ask. After blinking a couple times I was able to see my surroundings.
“Ahh!” I screamed a little because his face was so close. “What do you want, Trevor?”
“Well, Miss. Tails. Good morning to you too,” he smiled and then straddled me. Jackson was in the corner not paying any attention to us, playing COD, and yelling at the T.V. The smell of bacon was coming from the kitchen. Trevor lowered himself and tucked my hair behind my ear. The door bell rang and he jumped a little looking at the door. Quickly before anyone could notice he kissed my check and got up. I sat up in shock. My checks now burning, I couldn’t stop smiling. I pretended like nothing had happened, and tried to smooth my troll hair.
“Hey Taylor!” he laughed and welcomed one of his closest friends, Trevor has a smile on his face as he grabbed her hand and lead her to the couch. I smile from my face quickly fell, I watched as they moved together, like old friends or like boyfriend and girlfriend. I watched as my hopes of anything shattered right in front of my eyes. I wiped away the one tear I let fall before I wrapped myself in the blanket and got up.
Trevor watched my every move with his beautiful sparkly brown eyes. I gave a forced half smiled and went up stairs.
I showered, and put on a pair of jean short shorts and a black tank top. I was towel drying my hair when I hear the knock at my door.
Trevor peeked his head in before coming all the way in and locking the door behind him.
“What are you do…” he took swift long strides to me as he grabbed my face and dig his fingers into my soaked hair. His famous smile came once again and he pressed his lips to mine. At first I was shocked, and then I kissed back. Realizing once again that it was Jackson’s best friend, I pushed away.
We stared in silence. He was still holding my head in his hands. He gave me a fast peck and spoke.
“I would say I’m sorry but that would be a lie,” he kissed my forehead and then left the room. I fell back on to my bed, crossing my legs.
“What was that?” I tried to piece together all of what had happened in the last twenty-four hours. “What was that?” I asked myself once again. I gathered myself together within minutes, leaving my hair, because Trevor had once told me that he loved my hair when it was wet.
Jackson, Trevor and Taylor had moved into the kitchen, along with Shawn and Alex. I liked Shawn but I hated Alex, her and Taylor only brought drama to the group. They all knew that I was fourteen, going to be fifteen in September, the guys liked me better than them and I think they feel threatened by me. I didn’t really care because both of them were skanky and always trying to get attention.
“Morning, guys,” I said to basically everyone but Taylor and Alex. I didn’t even really acknowledge them.
“Monkey,” Shawn held out his fist for me to bump which I did with a smile on my face. I grabbed a piece of bacon before, making myself a smoothie. Once it was done, I made the mistake of turning my back, and my cup was half empty. Trevor had a little smoothie on his lips, so I knew it was him. Before he got the chance to lick it off, I took my thumb and wiped it off. I caught Taylor’s glare but I just smiled at her. Trevor went to grab my smoothie again but I was faster. He gave me a puppy dog face with a pout.
“You should have waited and I would have let you have some but now, I’m not going to be that generous,” I took a sip and moaned as I took it, just to rub it in his face.
Once I finished my breakfast, everybody was talking about their plans for the day. I was going to sit on the deck with my music and a good book. Jackson spoke about having to go get Bethanee and he would meet everybody wherever they were all going. I had a feeling they were going to the lake. I was just starting to get into my book when, I heard one of the French doors open. I didn’t have to look to know who it was. I only put my book down when he sat on the edge of my lounge chair.
“Come to the lake with us?” he pulled my sunglasses off my face, and looked at my eyes. “Please, Carghter,” he said with a deeper meaning smile. I still wasn’t sure of my answer yet, I mean of course I wanted to spend time with him but at the same time I didn’t want to watch my heart shatter over and over again when he’s with other girls. He leaned in, when I didn’t answer right away and placed a chaste kiss on my lips.
“Please?”He tried one more time. I knew my expression was unreadable, he was trying to read my face but I was hiding any emotion very well.
“Yes,” I whispered, before grabbing his soft, messy hair and pulling him in for a kiss. A real kiss. Today may have been my first kiss but I’m a fast learner. We quickly broke apart when we heard the doors again.
“Are you two coming or what?” Shawn yelled from the top deck. Trevor laughed and told him yes. I laughed as Trevor picked me up, gave me a fast peck before telling me to get my suit and meeting him at the car.
Jackson was taking Shawn, Taylor and Alex. They left, while I was changing. I have never really been comfortable with my body, yes I am thin but I’ve got curves. I picked just a solid turquoise bikini that matched my eyes hoping it would look nicely with my tanned skin. I put my shorts back on and grabbed my tank top, flip flops and my phone before heading back down stairs and out the door making sure to lock it behind me.
Trevor was waiting by his blue extended cab pick-up. I still hadn’t put my tank on because the heat was getting the best of me and I was already hot.
“Hello, gorgeous,” I blushed as he pulled me in for a kiss; he held my chin with his fingers. I pulled away knowing we were going to get a call if we didn’t get on the road soon.
The car ride wasn’t silent but we weren’t talking either, we sang along to the radio. Trevor and I always did these goofy things together, but this time he held my hand while he did it.
The winds lightly blow, on the flouting docks, causing light waves on the water. I nervously shed my shorts and flip flops before getting into the water with Trevor standing behind me making sure I actually got in the water.
I felt my insecurities coming out when I saw Taylor and Alex in their neon string bikinis; they seemed to have perfect bodies. For my age I am already done growing and my body is fully matured. It wasn’t that I was lacking in any areas but I felt like I was sagging in areas.
“I know what you’re thinking about and you need to stop, your beautiful just the way you are,” Trevor whispered in my ear, I just blushed and pushed myself farther into the water.
It wasn’t long before we were all use to the water, swimming around and splashing one another. Taylor hung over Trevor like you wouldn’t believe. I felt the anger building up. He hadn’t confessed any feelings for me but, the kissing had to mean something.
I felt free in the water, as if I could out run any problem, runaway from all my fears and pain. I wanted to keep that feeling forever but I always knew it would come to an end every time I stepped out of the water.
It wasn’t long, because the boys decided to pay chicken and the girls were going first. I guess last time they played Taylor won every match, so Alex and I were first. My brother is a black belt; I knew how to defend myself, even if it was just to knock someone else into the water. I was on Trevor’s back while Alex was on Shawn’s.
Her nails were sharp, she kept trying to claw me with them but I ended up knocking her into the water because I broke one of her nails, while trying to get her death grip from digging into my skin. Alex wanted a rematch, which she would get after I had beat Taylor.
Taylor used the same, method that Alex had; they liked to use their nails. I personally didn’t feel like getting clawed all day, so I just grabbed her arm and hair and knocked her right over Shawn’s shoulders.
A large smile came over my face as I sat on his shoulders in victory. Taylor looked pissed. I watched as she went over to Alex and whispered something in her ear. They looked at me and laughed. The smile fell instantly from my face and I quickly got off of Trevor, sinking back down into the water to try and find that feeling of strength but I was unsuccessful. Coming back up from under the water, I noticed the boys leaving and heading towards the bathrooms. Trevor gave me one last smile and went in. Alex and Taylor were now in the water and slowly crowding around me. I slipped back under trying to get away when I felt Alex’s death grip on my shoulder and Taylor’s on the other.
Are they trying to kill me?! I started to struggle under their hands and when I looked up I could barely see their faces but I knew they were smiling their evil little smiles. Things started becoming very blurred and I stopped struggling. Their hands let go and I slowly started sinking as things now became black.
“Carghter? Carghter, can you hear me?” choking on water I coughed, gasping for breath as I opened my eyes. Trevor wrapped his warm arms around me and held on to me tightly.
“Taylor said she say you struggling in the water and came to get us,” He exclaimed, loosening his hold. I glared at the girls as they smiled and giggled. Evil Trolls. I told myself.
We decided that we had had enough of the lake for the day and as we walked towards the cars, Taylor jumped onto Trevor. I could see that he wasn’t in the mood, but he grabbed her and wrapped his arms around her. The look in her eyes showed that she wanted him to kiss her. He noticed it but didn’t do anything. She moved in closer for one but he just leaned away. I couldn’t help but laugh at her.
The car ride back I was silent and looked out the window, but I could hear Trevor’s voice singing along to random parts of songs that come on the radio. Tears fell down my cheek and I wiped them quickly so he wouldn’t notice. I felt his warm hand grab mine and I gladly grabbed back.
“Are you ok?” his velvety voice broke the silence. He was staring at me, but I didn’t want him to see my face. I shook my head and whispered yes. He knew my lie and pulled the truck over. “You don’t think I know your lying voice by now? Carghter you can tell me anything,” I knew I could but I just didn’t know how to say that I have feeling for him without him freaking out.
“They’re going to wonder why we stopped.” I said weakly trying to change the subject. He pulled me towards him and I felt too weak to pull away. I snuggled my head deeply into his chest. He kissed my forehead and rested his head on mine. I could sense he was trying to hide his true feelings and I looked up. Without thinking I launched myself upwards with all my strength and pressed my lips to his. His hands became tangled in my hair; I rested my hands at his neck. For something so wrong it couldn’t have felt more right.
We stayed this way for a while and probably would have stayed that way even longer, if his phone hadn’t interrupted us. He groaned and reached for it, and of course it was Taylor. My back was now resting on the steering wheel. I was straddling him and his arm was wrapped around me, his hand twisting a strand of my hair.
“Hello?” I could hear her high pitched voice coming from the phone. “We just had to stop for a sec to look at something. We will be there in a minute,” He hung up and smiled. I started to get off of him and he pulled me in for one final kiss. I felt like for once that maybe he was trying to tell me something, maybe he wanted something more. I wasn’t quite sure if this feeling of bliss was going to last but I was going to ride out the shock waves for as long as I could.
After a couple minute of driving we stopped at a Wendy’s, where Jackson, Taylor, Shawn and Alex were waiting. Taylor was still glaring at me as she noticed me and Trevor were holding hands. I let it go and we walked in. Quickly, we got our food and returned to the cars.
The rest of the ride was like normal, our hands strongly holding on to each other and singing along to the radio. It was at night when things turned for the worst again. Jackson had more people over and I could tell they were drinking. I stayed in my room with the door shut trying to ignore them, but Taylor and Alex were too loud. I heard stumbling steps coming up the stairs. My guess was that it was Trevor. I smiled opening the door. I was wrong. Markus, one of Jackson’s friends, was leaning against the wall.
“Well, hi there beautiful,” he slurred and the stench of beer came from him. As I reaching for the door he grabbed my arms and flung me on the bed. I started to push him away, and he smacked me. I fell back down and he was headed towards me. Once he was close enough, I pulled my fist back and snapped it at his nose. Blood was now pooling from his face, as I tried to get up he slapped me across my cheekbone. My face felt like fire, I closed my eyes trying to fight away the pain, I knew my cries were loud. I felt Markus rip my tank top. I felt a small sigh of relief when I heard my door open again.
“HEY!” a deep strong voice came from the hall and I watched as Trevor pulled Markus off of me. Trevor started beating him to the ground and sending him at my walls “Stay away from her,” he said as he shoved him out the door and shut it.
I had curled myself into a ball, with my legs pressed against my chest, tears rolling down my cheeks. He turned and saw me; walking towards me he wrapped his arms around me. I buried my face in his chest letting all my sobs out.
“Carghter, it’s okay. No one is going to hurt you, I promise,” he pulled my face up to look at him. He brushed away a tear with his thumb. He just held me, brushing my hair as I calmed down.
“Thank you,” I whispered as I kissed his neck. I stood suddenly feeling very revealed, Trevor did as well. I saw his eyes look up and down my body, with hunger. He lodged at me attacking me with his lips. I felt his long fingers run up my stomach, giving me goose bumps and leaving me with shivers. I grabbed a handful of his hair and locked his lips with mine; he nibbled on my lower lip with his teeth. He started pushing me back, where I fell on the bed, pulling him with me.
His lips cheated on my lips with my neck, I rocked my head back and moaned as he kissed across my collarbone. He made the cricket one more time before, kissing all the way up to my lips. He place a soft gentle kiss on my lips before he look at me. He was about to speak before we heard the knock at the door.
“Trevor, were going to go back to the lake, please come with me,” Taylor pleaded. Trevor signed as he stood.
“Not again, Trevor…I can’t just let another girl use you,” I said gripping his arm. He looked at me and I couldn’t read his face. Instead of speaking he pecked my forehead and went to the door.
“Don’t worry. I’m a big boy,” He left me sitting there alone. I buried my head in the blankets, his smell still there. Tears where rolling down my rosy cheeks, I couldn’t believe that he would be so naive to let her use him. She was going to get exactly what she wanted, Trevor. I didn’t want to think about them anymore, I ended up crying myself to sleep.
I awoke to the door slamming the next morning. Getting up I looked in the mirror, my eyes were red and my hair was a mess. I brushed it out and changed out of my ripped tank top. I looked out the window I saw Taylor’s car driving away. The driveway became empty except for Trevor’s blue pick-up. I tip-toed out into the hallway, I heard crying in the distance, I found the spot as I walked pass Trevor’s bedroom door. I stopped myself, I walked towards the door, I gave a small knock before walking into the room, he looked up and wiped his tears, getting up he walked past me not saying a word. I grabbed his arm before he could go any further. We stood in silence but somehow I knew everything that he wanted to say but couldn’t.
“Talk to me,” I pleaded when I couldn’t take the silence anymore. Trevor fell to his knees, and then he sat against the wall. I joined him, waiting for him to speak.
“What has my life turned into? I have lost my family, the girl I thought I loved and now I find that my bestfriend wanted nothing more than to sleep with me.” He sat there looking at me for answers. His words cut my heart like a knife, she had seduced him and he let her. I felt a tear slip from my eye.
“Follow your beautiful heart; don’t let these small obstacles keep you from your greater purpose. Veronica wasn’t worthy of your love, your parents didn’t deserve such a wonderful son. You matter; you can change your life within a blink of an eye. You matter to me, don’t let these small things break you,” I fought through my own pain as I spoke, knowing he needed to hear this. He deserved so much better. His tears kept flowing.
“I’m so sorry, Carghter. I’m so sorry,” he sobbed. I knew that after this I couldn’t be with him now. He had to heal first; he was no where ready to admit his feelings, if he even had any. I stared into his eyes before giving him a soft chaste kiss.
“I know, follow your heart. Never settle for anything less than perfect,” I was holding onto his hair as I pressed my forehead against his. I waited, saying my silent goodbyes, before kissing his forehead and standing up to walk away. I didn’t look back as I walked out my front door. I cried my eyes out, as the summer showers rained down on me. I had to have walked for hours, till I stopped. I was in a park, where I went and sat under a big oak tree. I pulled my legs to my chest; I was so wrapped up in my thoughts.
Everything going on was insane. I’m almost sixteen and I am dealing with amazingly difficult things. I’ve always been thought to be older then my brother; I’ve always had a very mature personality, able to deal with adult things, feeling real love and pain. I brush my long brown waves out of my face as I walked over to the pond. My reflection was saddening; my heart was shattering right in front of my eyes. I must have look at my reflection for a while because it was starting to get dark, I decided it was time for me to make my way home. I had wondered all over the place before ending up at the park which was only about a thirty minute walk to my house. I walked without any tears, or any emotion really.
The house was quite and dark when I got home, Jackson’s car was gone. Mom and dad were still on vacation. Trevor’s pick-up was there but he was probably with Jackson drinking away his sorrows like he always did. I was normally the one who took care of him when he was drunk but I don’t think I had it in me today.
Well it was dark and quite from the outside because that was where I was now stuck. All the doors were locked and I didn’t bring my key with me. I didn’t have my cell phone, nothing. I gave up and just sat on my porch waiting for Jackson to finally come home.
I could hear the bass bumping from down the street, it was Jackson. His black Acura zoomed into the drive way. I could see Trevor staring out the window and with no sign of getting out of the car quickly.
“Monkey butt, what are you doing outside at one in the morning?” He asked as I let him past to open the door.
“Went for a walk,” I was in no mood explaining my night to Jackson, or anyone for that matter. We walked into the dark house with Codi at our feet. Turning on some lights I grabbed some water and sat at the table. Trevor finally came inside saying nothing and fell on the couch. He was drunk and passed out within a matter of minutes. Jackson wasn’t far behind him. He went downstairs to his room and was out. I headed towards the stairs getting one last glance of Trevor before going. He looked cold so I grabbed the blanket that we shared the other night and laid it on top of him.
I was exhausted. I fell on my bed and laid for what felt like hours. Unable to sleep, I kept replaying the weekend over and over again. It began with a kiss and ended with tears.
“Most confusing weekend ever,” I couldn’t help let my thought escape my mouth. I fell asleep in the dark silence that had overcome the house.
A week had passed and things seemed as if they were getting back to normal. Trevor and I hadn’t spoken at all and I could tell the silence helped him to figure things out. It was now the fourth of July and I was not looking forward to tonight. Jackson had a huge party planed and we were all going back to the lake cabin. They decided that I was sharing a room with Trevor because everyone else who was going was couples and him and me being the only single ones we got stuck together. I put my shorts and a tank top on over my bikini. Beginning to pack, I ran around shoving a bunch of random things into my bag.
“Tails, we are leaving!” Jackson and Bethanee were driving; Shawn was taking Taylor and Alex and I was stuck with Trevor.

The author's comments:
Please Review!

The beginning of the car ride was like how the week had been, silent. Music wasn’t even playing, just pure silence and I had admit it was driving me crazy. I was seriously starting think that I might have to check myself into a metal hospital with all the insane things my brain was doing. I thought at first that silence was a good thing but I think I’m going mental.
“So,” I said just to get rid of the silence. Trevor turned and looked at me as if I was missing my head or something. “Umm, how was your week?” oops. Bad Carghter that was the dumbest thing I could ask, I had smacked my face into the palm of my hand. I hear chuckles as I did.
“Finally, he speaks,” I said. Okay so maybe he didn’t say words but hey laughing was close. Trevor smiled at me.
“Carghter?” I snapped my head towards him. “Can, we just forget everything that happened last week and try again?” his voice had lowered to a whisper towards the end. I knew my face looked unsure.
“We can be like we just met and have the two days at the cabin be like our first day,” he offers. I did want to be close with him but what was I suppose to do, he had to heal. My mouth spoke before my brain processed.
“Okay,” oh no, what have I gotten myself into. “But, before were starting over can you tell me something?”
“Anything,”
“Why did you sleep with Taylor?” I shyly asked. Trevor hung his head and frowned.
“I have thought about what I would say right now, when you asked me this question and I really don’t have an answer for you other then…” and that’s when my phone went off.
“Yes, Jackson?” I spoke into the phone.
“Were going to stop at the store, so just go straight to the cabin,”
“Mmk,” I hung up on Jackson, looking back to Trevor waiting for him to finish his sentence. He looked around trying to gather his thought. “So, why?”
“Well I was drunk and she knows my weaknesses. I guess…” he trailed off and looked out the window. I could tell he didn’t want to talk about this, but I wanted to know and I would find out by the end of the weekend. You don’t kiss a girl and act the way he did then go sleep with another girl that night.
Silence fell over us again and I couldn’t stand it, turning on the radio Country music began to fill the car. I wasn’t surprised, Trevor had always been a country boy. He instantly began to sing along and I laughed joining him.
We pulled up the long dusty driveway that led us to the cabin. We parked and started to grab our stuff, Trevor grabbing nearly everything. The cabin was beautiful, I never remembered it being so big and lovely. Walking to the room that we were assigned, I stopped at the door.
“You have got to be kidding me,” I dropped my bag and stood staring at the one Queen bed in the corner of the room. This is just what we needed, a bed to share after all that has happened. Trevor walked behind me and looked at what I was staring at.
“Well that’s just perfect, I call left side!” he laughed and pushed me out of the way. I stood there watching as he plop-ped down on the bed. “Well don’t just stand there,” I laughed and walked into the room. He walked up to the window and looked out at the lake. The bright blue water looked beautiful, he looked back to me and smiled.
“I want you out there in 5 minutes,” he through my bikini at my face. I nodded and went into the bathroom. I was nervous, just to be alone with him. I shouldn’t be but I couldn’t help it.
Walking outside I didn’t see Trevor anywhere. I started to head towards my favorite little waterfall that was just down the beach. Walking through the opening I saw Trevor playing around in the water. He saw me coming smiled. He ran up to me and picked me up, I didn’t feel like fighting him because I had missed the feeling of being in his arms so much. I closed my eyes taking it in and suddenly his arms were gone, I splashed into the water. I couldn’t believe that he threw me. Coming back to the top I gave him a playful glare, I pounced out of the water taking him down. I felt as if everything was back to normal, it reminded me of when we were wrestling over the laptop.
We rolled around in the shallow water for awhile until he picked me up and flung me against the small waterfall. He stared into my eyes and smiled, going in for a kiss, I closed my eyes enjoying the feel of his lips. I wrapped my hands and legs around him; he held my back. Nothing and no one could ruin this moment, or so I thought.
“They are over here,” Taylors voice filled the air and Trevor let me go. I looked at him trying to see what he would do next. The rest of the group came down to the water and started to crowd around us splashing and laughing. Trevor grabbed my hand and led me to the deeper water, away from everyone else. I followed even though I was scared of being seen.
“I’ve missed you Carghter,” he grabbed my chin with his fingers and gave me a chaste kiss.
“I missed you Trevor,” I wrapped my hands around him and hugged him tight. I saw from the corner of my eyes Taylor watching us. Her fist clenched as she could see that Trevor had stronger feelings for me, then she had realized. She punched the water and tried to ignore us.
The sky was getting dark and we were all back at the cabin. Taylor was still hanging onto Trevor following his every move. I was helping Bethanee in the kitchen with dinner while the boy’s were out sitting around the campfire.
“Go pretty yourself up,” Bethanee looked at me and noticed I was staring at him. “Trust me I can handle the rest of the cooking. You look like you were just run over by something,” Bethanee winked.
“Oh thanks,” I laughed and set down my towel. Running to my room I peaked in the mirror, Bethanee was right, I looked terrible. Finding my new short blue dress that I had brought for tonight I put it on and curled my hair into lose twirls. On my way out I looked in the mirror for a final peek. It was defiantly an improvement from how I started.
I could smell the food from my room and could see that everyone had now come inside. Nervous, I looked in the mirror one more time.
“Hello beautiful,” I jumped at his voice. “You look…amazing,” he shut the door, took long strides towards me and spun me around. I smiled as he pulled me in. I grabbed his hair, kissing his neck. He laughed and grabbed my face, giving me a real kiss. I sat on the bed while he got in to the shower, not feeling like closing the door. I made sure I didn’t watch him get undressed. I couldn’t help but stare at the bathroom waiting for him to be done. He was taking forever so I got up and decided to find something for him to wear. Opening his bag I found a nice black t-shirt and a pair of shorts, pulling the out of the bag, I heard the water stop running.
“Umm, Carghter, could you grab me a towel?” he sounded embarrassed.
“Hmmm should I?” I laughed holding a towel out in front of me. His head peaked around the corner and he gave me a puppy dog face. “Come and get it,” I held it out a little further but still out of reach.
“Carghter!!” he yelled reaching his arm out, fingers just inches away from it. I decided that I had had enough fun and tossed it to him. “Thanks,” I laughed.
“Here you go,” I reached my hand in with the cloths, and he pulled me. I landed in his arms. I couldn’t help myself from looking at his muscles. He had the perfect body, tall tan and muscular. “Wow,” smiling I stretched up towards him and kissed his cheek.
“We mustn’t keep them waiting,” he slipped on the pants and shirt. We held hands and began to walk down the hall way, letting go right before we were in sight of everyone else. More people had arrived and were out by the fire eating and joking around. I stayed close to Trevor to make sure that the last party incident didn’t happen again.
“The food looks great Bethanee and taste even better,” Trevor mumbled with his mouth full. I noticed that Taylor still looked angry, she started to walk over towards us and I started to worry.
“Hi guys! Hey can I talk to Carghter alone for a second?” she grabbed my wrist and pulled me away before anyone could answer. Leading me to the dock, her smile quickly disappeared. “I’m only going to tell you this once, Trevor is mine. Not yours,” she smacked me against my cheek bone using her nails, and I feel to my knees in pain. Reaching my fist back I socked her in the stomach. She pulled me up my hair and I could tell that this was now a fight. Clawing, hair pulling and punching we were all over the place on the dock. I could only barely notice but the boys had gathered around to watch us two girls going at it. I became distracted when Trevor peaked his head through the crowd to see what they were looking at. Taylor used this moment and pushed with all her power. I fell backwards landing in the water. Trevor ran out on the dock looking at me and then Taylor. Finally he did what I could tell he had been waiting to do.
“What the hell is wrong with you?!” he screamed before, reaching for me. I took his hand and we quickly went back into the house.
“Whoa, what happened to you?” Bethanee asked as we walked past. Trevor still holding me tightly in his arms took me to the bed room and placed me on the bed. I sat there crying in his arms for a couple minutes, while he stroked my head. I eventually stopped and just rested.
“Well we can’t just sit here the rest of the night you know,” he said jokingly trying to lighten the mood. I sat up and looked at him, not hiding any emotions. He handed me my shirt and shorts that I had been wearing earlier, and I changed out of my damp dress. Leaving my hair down and wet I grabbed his arm and we went back outside. Taylor was nowhere to be found. The fireworks were about to begin and we sat hand in hand not afraid of what anyone thought, even though they were all too drunk to notice.
The vibrant colors and shapes, soured through a sea with blue and stars. I cling to Trevor for warmth, a smile never left my face.
As the show was coming to an end Trevor looked at me and reaching for my chin, I waited no time to make the first move by pulling him in towards me. In this moment I had forgotten all the things that had happened to me and remembered only my true feelings for him. I pulled him even closer, kissing him harder. This was it, I felt like I had just told him everything I felt without using words.
He picked me up, carrying me in both arms back to the bed room. Setting me gently on the bed he laid next to me still kissing me. I dint want this moment to end but there was one thing that still was bugging me.
“Wait,” I pulled away from him and he looked confused. “ I need to know,”
“Need to know what?” he asked confused.
“I need to know why you slept with her,” I sat up to look at him better. “I need to know the truth,” He looked in my eyes and could see my pain.
“Alright you do deserve to know,” he paused and sat up as well. “I thought it would give me a reason to not push my feelings for you. I mean what man has feelings for his best friends little sister? I hoped that if I found emotions with Taylor then I wouldn’t have to act on the strong ones I felt for you. I mean I’ve known her forever and I trusted her, I never would have thought she would do something so hurtful,” He looked at me with pain in his eyes, I knew his pain was stronger than my own. I kissed him to show that I had forgiven him. Pushing him over I straddled him and continued where we had left off.
“I will never hurt you,” I whispered before I kissed him. We moved together and he was now on top of me pressing his soft lips all over my neck, I grabbed his neck and held him close to me. Sharing a bed didn’t seem like such a bad thing anymore.
I woke with my bare back soaking up the vitamin D that was peering in from the window. I just had a sheet that was covering my waist down, I wasn’t ready to open my eyes and move around, and I wanted to stay in my warm bed. I did however reach my hand out and only felt an empty bed beside me. I lifted my head and looked. I was alone in the bed. I pulled myself up and grabbed my phone to look at the time. It was almost twelve o’clock that was why; he had always been an early riser.
My body ached and was sore from last night’s events. I stretched and I dressed in my bikini, a pair of shorts and one of Trevor’s v-neck tees. His shirt was more of a dress on me but it worked. Once I was satisfied, I walked out to the dock where, they were grilling burgers and already in the lake. Taylor and Alex were tanning on the edge of the dock; Shawn, Bethanee and Trevor were all in the lake. Jackson was tending to the grill. I caught Trevor’s eyes and he smiled at me.
“Carghter, come swim with us,” Bethanee yelled while splashing Shawn.
“So, look who decided to get out of bed,” Jackson teased. I smiled.
“Sorry, the activities from last night really wiped me out,” I locked eyes with Trevor, who was smirking and winked. Jackson just laughed and let it go. I slid my flip flops off, and pulled Trevor’s shirt off, before sliding my shorts off. I walked to the edge of the dock ignoring Taylor and Alex’s glares and jumping in. I knew I had splashed them with water when I heard their screams. I just laughed and swam under the water over past the rocks over to the waterfall; it was hidden from everyone’s view by the boulders.
Life seemed so perfect in this moment; I was now having a summer that I never wanted to end. I swam in the clear blue water and was happier than ever. I rested on a rock and splashed around for a bit before noticing the sound of treading water coming around the rocks. Trevor peaked his head around and smiled at me. I couldn’t help but to smile back. I went over to him as fast as I could and jumped into his arms. His warm skin was so soft against mine. Stretching my neck out, I kissed him and locked eyes with his. His rich brown eyes sparkled with the reflection of the sun on the water. He started to swim back towards the group still holding me close to his chest. Everyone watched as he placed me on the dock.
“Found her,” He laughed and jumped up to join me. Everyone got out because lunch was now done. I grabbed a small burger and went back into the cabin, waiting for Trevor. He finally came in and sat down next to me, I couldn’t resist laughing at his plate which had two burgers and mountains of chips.
Once everyone had finished, began to talk about the plans for the day. Jackson and Bethanee were going to a movie with Taylor, Shawn and Alex. I had no plans what so ever and neither did Trevor.
I went into our room thinking of nothing but what had happened between us. I fell back on the bed trying to figure everything out. I liked him and obviously he liked me, but I just found it strange how fast it all started. What if I was just a rebound, something to fill the space that his Girlfriend had left? Carghter don’t say those things I told myself. I looked out the window and noticed it was getting darker.
“I have nothing to worry about,” Smiling I changed back into shorts and one of Trevor’s t-shirts. Once I put on his shirt I realized that this was the shirt he was wearing the first night that we began to show our feelings. A flashback came into my mind about that night. I remembered us laying there when he said something that had stuck to me.
“Carghter, I…” I began to wonder what he was going to say after he trailed off. I’m sure it was nothing because if it was he would have said it already. Right?
This was our last day at the cabin and the last day to get things right with Trevor. He promised a do over and this was my last chance to prove my feelings for him. Quickly looking through my bag I found a song that I had wrote the night I had realized that I felt for him.
I had been in the room for about an hour, when I opened the door. A small breeze rolled past me mixing the smell of a camp fire and the sound of music around me, walking down the hall, I nervously held the song close to me and turned the corner. Trevor was dancing around the fire and singing loudly along to his music. Taking a look in the mirror I paused to fix my hair. I had to look just right for this moment of truth.
“There you are,” A large grin came on his face as he jogged over to me, taking my arm he led me closer to the fire where he had a small picnic set up. I smiled, knowing that he was trying to make the best of our last day at the cabin. We sat talking about random things just to pass the time. The sun was now setting and a burst of bright orange and red filled the cloudless sky.
“Trevor,” I looked at him with a sincere face. “You know how you promised that this weekend we would have a fresh start?” I paused, waiting for his reply.
“Yeah,” his face came up with a worried expression and our eyes met.
“Well I wanted you to know exactly how I felt about…us,” A huge smile came upon his face when I said us. “I wrote this for you,” handing him the sheet music. I got up and started walking back towards the house, not wanting to see him when he read it. I had poured my heart out on that piece of paper and was scared of being rejected. He grabbed my hand as I walked passed and pulled me on to his lap. I watched his face closely as he read each word slowly. When he had finished he locked eyes with me and hugged me tightly.
“Carghter, how did you know? How did you know how to put such unexplainable a passionate emotions into such beautiful words?” he paused for a moment. “You showed your true feelings through this song, I want you to know what I care for you so deeply that this is the hardest thing I’m ever going to do,” I saw a tear shed from his eyes. I started shaking my head, already knowing what he was going to say.
“I have been talking to Veronica and she wants to get back together, I have to see what my feelings are for her. Before I can fully love you, your worth someone’s full heart and I can’t give that till I figure out Veronica,” Trevor was shedding tears, as he held my face with his hands, I was holding his hands with my own, feeling my tears run down my cheeks. I kept shaking my head hoping it wasn’t true. He leaned in for a kiss, a goodbye kiss. I eagerly accepted. I finally spoke, once we broke apart.
“I love you, figure out whatever you need to do and come back to me,” I now held his face in my hands. He didn’t say anything but kissed me one more time.
In the corner of my eye, I saw the head lights of the cars. I broke out of his embrace and heading back inside. I curled up in bed, crying myself to sleep. In the middle of the night I felt strong arms around me, they helped stop my restless sleep.
I woke early the next morning with bloodshot eyes. I showered and cried again, letting the water washing away all my pain and worries. I put on sweat shorts and a tank top to go home in. once I was all packed, I went out into the kitchen where everyone had all their stuff already in their cars and were ready to leave.
“Carghter, just get Trevor up and we’ll meet you at home,” Jackson told me. I think Bethanee saw right through me, she gave me a hug and whispered.
“You’re always going to matter,” I saw the sincerity in her voice; I gave her a pitiful smile and nodded. Taylor and Alex glared as usual.
I watch from the porch as they all drove away. I slowly walked back through the house to our room, I heard talking and I listened at the door before just walking in.
“I’ll meet you at Jackson’s and we can speak there,” Trevor spoke into his phone. My heart broke again, he was bring her to our home and I was going to have to watch. Once I heard him say his goodbyes I walked in the room. I grabbed my bag before walking into the bathroom to make sure I had everything and walked out of the room without even looking at him. I loaded my things in the truck and sat in the passenger’s seat waiting for him. I had locked everything up and all he had to do was make sure he shut the door behind him.
When he finally came out, he had his bag in hand, shutting the door behind him. He ran to the truck and got in throwing his bag in the back. He gave me a glance before signing and starting the truck.
The ride was silent again. No music, not singing, nothing. I finally gave up and attracted my headphones into my iPhone and listened to the iPod. I must have fallen’ asleep because once I woke we were pulling into the drive way of the house. I saw Veronica’s car waiting out front, I rolled my eyes. Trevor got out and opened my door for me, I was surprised. To thank him for his gesture, I stepped onto my tip toes and wrapped my arms around his neck in a hug, I saw Veronica glaring at this, so just to piss her off I kissed his neck. I let go of him and grabbed my bag before going inside.
Shawn must have finally took Taylor and Alex home because only Bethanee and Jackson were home. Trevor had stayed outside to speak with Veronica. I heard the shower when I walked in; Bethanee was sitting at the table, so it must have been Jackson. Bethanee was on her laptop, when she looked up seeing I was in the room.
Bethanee shut her laptop and walked over to me grabbing my hand and pulling me up to my room. She shut the door behind us; I dropped my bag and sat on my bed.
“Okay, start talking,” she said standing in front of the door.
“What are you talking about?” I asked, confused.
“You and Trevor, I could tell something was going on when you two weren’t talking and then when I saw him kiss you this weekend,” I bit my lip, I was caught. “Carghter talk to me,” she whispered as she sat next to me on my bed.
“I know what you’re going to say, he’s too old, emotionally not ready for a relationship. But we have feelings for each other and all the pain I’ve been through in this last week is punishment enough,” I defended myself.
“Carghter, age is just a number. I don’t get it though, why is he out there with Veronica if, you are together?” she looked confused as she looked out the window, then looking back at me.
“We’re not together,” my voice cracked. I put my face in my hands, trying to hide my tears.
“What, why not?”
“Because, Veronica wants him back and he has to figure out his feelings for her before, he can feel what he does for me. He says he cares for me deeply but he has to figure out if he loves her more than me, before we can be together,” I sobbed. I looked up at Bethanee and she looked like she was in a fiery. “Beth are yu okay?” I was truly concerned now, she was just staring right ahead with crazy eyes.
“How dare he?! I love him to death but Ahh!” she screamed. “That’s such bull. If he loves you he wouldn’t have to figure out his feeling for her, I mean she cheated on him! You can’t just go running back to that. She has him wrapped around her finger,” she was now standing by the window and giving her the death glare.
Her screaming wasn’t helping me, but I knew what she was saying was right. I flung my head into my pillow sobbing. I just wanted to crawl up into a ball and never wake up from an endless sleep.
“Ugh!” she pushed away from the window and sat down by me. “You are perfect for him and he doesn’t even see it. Carghter, don’t ever let her threaten you, if he chooses her then he doesn’t even deserve you. Remember that, “she paused trying to control her anger. I heard the door open and close. They were now inside, and I could somewhat hear them talking. Bethanee got up and walked towards my door.
“I will be back soon, if anything happens call me,” she silently shut the door behind her.
“So much for a fresh start,” I rolled over looking out at the grey clouds that were covering the sky. Silence came from down stairs but I knew that they hadn’t left. I peaked my head out my door to try and see what was going on and noticed that Veronica was sitting alone on the couch. I could now hear the sound of Bethanee yelling again and it sounded like whoever it was, was getting it bad. The yelling stopped and Trevor came back up the stairs. He looked up at my door and we locked eyes for only a second. I closed my door super fast sitting against it hoping he wouldn’t come up.
The front door slammed and I ran to my window. Taking a second glance at Veronica’s car I noticed another boy sitting in the front seat. Was this the famous guy she cheated on him with? I watched as Veronica and he walked outside, Veronica hugged Trevor and he weakly hugged back, I could see tears forming in his eyes.
He stood and watched as she drove away. I was confused on what had just happened and I decided it was safe to go down stairs.
Trevor must have still been standing outside, when I came down. I tried to forget about everything bad that was happening when I notice a piece of paper on the couch, right where they had been sitting. I quickly reached for it and began to read it.
Trevor,
I’m so sorry for all that I have done to you. I hope we can still be friends after this. I never meant to hurt you like I did, but I have to be honest with you… I wasn’t ready when you said you loved me. I don’t love you like that, but I didn’t know how to tell you. I was dumb to cheat on you and now I realize how stupid I was. I’m sorry but it’s better to have learned that we weren’t meant the hard way compared to have never learned and have been miserable. Sorry.
Veronica.
I held the paper and stood there in shock. I felt terrible; this was why he had never told me he loved me. He was scared of being rejected again. The door opened and Trevor stopped in the door way staring at me. I looked up from the paper and we locked eyes.
“What are you doing with that?” he marched over and ripped it out of my hands, anger was running through his veins. “Why don’t you stop putting your nose into other people’s business and let them deal with their things alone,” he went to his room slamming the door. I couldn’t move, I felt like I had been knocked out of my body and I was unable to move. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I fell to the ground. I had never heard him so angry.
I laid on the ground for what felt like hours, until Jackson and Bethanee came inside. Bethanee ran over to me holding me in her arms.
“What happened?!” she wiped away my tear shooed Jackson away. I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out, instead I pointed to Trevor’s door. She got the hint. “You stay here, I’ll be right back,” she stood up and marched towards his room flinging the door open. Pulling him by the ear they stopped and stared at me.
“Anything you want to explain?” Bethanee let go of him and crossed her arms.
“Oh god, I’m so sorry,” he ran over and tried to hold me. I pushed his away and got up running to my room. I felt like I couldn’t handle being in the same house as him let alone in his arms.

The author's comments:
Please Review!

I loved him, but I couldn’t stand being in the same house as him right now. Putting on my sweatshirt I booked it downstairs and ran past them not saying anything. Going out the front door I started down the street not sure of where I was going. The rain hit my warm face as my feet splashed in the puddles. I was back at the park and I couldn’t think, my mind was so clouded with emotions and thoughts that my head began to hurt. I walked over to a bench by the pond, I was soaked and the rain was only getting worst. I had stopped crying and was now just trying to clear my mind. It was working all until I saw headlights pulling up into the parking lot, it was his truck.
I looked back to the rippling water that splashed as each drop of rain hit it, not taking my eyes off of it as he sat next to me. We sat there not speaking for a couple of minutes.
“It’s funny how just sitting in the rain helps clear things up. Almost as if it washes it all away,” he was already soaked and was trying to look in my eyes but I continued to stare at the water. “Carghter look, I’m sorry. I just…just was so angry and I couldn’t believe that she would just leave right after I admitted my feelings before but now I realize they were all fake. I could never love someone like that and I didn’t know how to control my anger. I didn’t mean to snap at you, and I didn’t mean what I said. I love you Carghter. I love you so much,” I didn’t know what to say so I just sat in silence felling a tear run down my damp face. He didn’t notice it and thought I was just ignoring him. “Fine, I guess if that’s how you feel after this I understand,” he stood up and started to walk towards his truck.
I was trying to process everything that he said when I realized that I was slowly letting him slip away from me.
“Trevor,” I stood up and turned in his direction. I couldn’t think of what to say, I was still furious about the fact that after everything we had done together he still left me for other girls. I spoke before I could think of anything just mumbling out random things, “I don’t…I mean I wish… why, after all that…*sigh* just….can I at least get a ride back to the house?” I wasn’t sure what I wanted to say so I just asked for a ride.
We were silent the whole ride. I took off my soaked sweatshirt and held it close to me as we pulled into the driveway, where I saw Taylor’s car. This was not what I needed.
“Thanks,” I whispered just loud enough for him to hear, but I didn’t mean it. I could have sat in the rain for hours just alone. I walked in and went straight to my room not talking to anyone in the house. I stood at my door when I heard Taylor begin talking.
“Hey big boy,” her voice seemed like she was trying way too hard to seem sexy.
“Hey baby,” his voice was smooth and I watched as he pulled off his damp shirt and she walked right up to him placing her hand on his pecks. I had enough, I slammed my door in anger and ran into my bathroom shedding my wet clothing along the way. Reaching to turn on the water I heard their footsteps coming up the stairs going into his room which happened to be right next to mine. I didn’t want to risk hearing anything that would just make me angrier so I blasted my radio and got into the shower. The night didn’t get any better. All I could here was them having a good time while I sat and tried to go to sleep. After another hour they finally got quiet and Taylor left.
I woke up early the next morning and found Trevor lounging on the couch, playing GT. I was still mad about everything that had happened this month. I sat down silently not watching him just staring blankly at the screen. I tried to ignore his presence but he wasn’t helping.
“Uhm Monkey…” he spoke quietly sensing my anger, his hand running through his hair.
“What?” I snapped my head in his direction, glaring at him.
“Oh…uhh, sorry if I kept you up last night,” He seemed nervous, knowing I was close to snapping.
“Maybe you should try and control your inner man-whore,” I screamed as my voice boomed through the house. Trevor looked shocked but then a look which read mad came over his face. He stood up yelling back at me. He looked so much scarier compared to me. We stood there screaming at each other but we both knew that it was about more than we were letting surface. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down but it didn’t work. Instead I took a step forward and launched my fist at him hitting him straight in the jaw. He brushed off the pain faster than I expected.
“Owe,” I said holding my fist which was now throbbing. He stepped closer and grabbed my arm with a strong inescapable hold. Tears were forming in my eyes as my hand continued to throb and the anger was now becoming sadness. His hold became tighter and then he let go. He gave a meaningful and hurt felt look before, running out. But he was running out on more than he was ever going to realize, he was running out on me.
The next few weeks were miserable, school was starting back up in two weeks, Mom and Dad had finally came back home. I was starting to think life was going to get back to normal, I was an idiot.
Trevor continued sleep with Taylor, and I heard it, crying myself to sleep every time. I walked around numb and lifeless. I had known Trevor for almost a year before, I realized my true feelings, and I think I always had them but I never thought anything of it while I was in school. We weren’t together long and things between us moved way to quickly but I wouldn’t change it, I spent a total a two weeks with him. All the pain and tears were worth it, they shouldn’t be but they were.
Yesterday, after listening to Trevor and Taylor all afternoon, at dinner which Taylor joined as at Trevor shared some news with us.
I sat next to Bethanee barely touching my food, I had lost about fifteen pounds this summer because I was to heartbroken and depressed to eat. Bethanee tried to get me too eat, as well as my mom but I just wasn’t hungry.
“I’m going to move over to Montana, there’s a job there that will pay for my college and if I go to the campus at their company for a year I can work from home and then transfer back over here after the first year,” Trevor spoke. He was moving.
I had dropped my fork and everyone looked at me, Trevor read right through the expression on my face. Dad was the first to snap out of it.
“That’s great, its only one year and then you can be back home and working a full time job. When would you leave?” dad took a bite of his food after he spoke. Bethanee saw my breaking down, she took my hand under the table, I looked at her and she mouthed ‘later’. I understood.
“I leave tomorrow,” he said. “I just got the offer today and I couldn’t refuse, and as you said its only one year and I can be back home. The job is great pay and I will enough saved up when I get back to get a place and be able to get right into school with Jackson, Bethanee and Taylor,” of course Taylor, you can’t forget her!
So, today was the day. He was leaving in about ten minutes and I still hadn’t came out of my room. I was remembering what Bethanee had said the night before.
“Maybe, it just wasn’t right. Wait a year and see what that brings, I promise Carghter he’s going to realize what he let slip through his fingers,”
Taylor and he had said their goodbyes last night, and I mean all night long. They were lucky that Mom and Dad’s room was another level up because they would have hurt it too.
I was buried in a sweatshirt and shorts, my hair was left into its natural curls. I had no make-up on, I hadn’t wore make-up in days because I knew my tears would just wash to all off. I was nothing compared to Taylor, I didn’t even want to say goodbye, I didn’t want him to see me like this.
Every was coming back inside when I was walking out, Jackson was still out there, they were in a guy hug. I made my way to them, they let go as I reached them.
“See you soon, bro,” Jackson said before heading back in. Trevor locked my glance in place with his beautiful brown eyes, ones that could melt my shield of stone. I gave in and wrapped my arms around his waist, my over sized sweat shirt covered my head. Trevor pulled my hood off and then wrapped his arms around me.
“I’m going to miss you,” he whispered in my ear, I didn’t believe him but I was going to pretend for one second that I did. I was going to pretend a lot of things in the next two minutes. I looked up at him, he cupped my face with his hand, and I slowly pressed my lips to his. It wasn’t a long kiss but long enough, soft and sweet.
“I’ll see you soon,” I whispered pulling myself out of his arms and backing away. He grabbed my hand and pulled it up to his face. He kissed my side of my hand and he spoke.
“I will be back in one year and I’m coming back for you, not Taylor,” I saw the sincerity in his eyes but I knew what I a year apart can do to people. I just nodded and watched as he got in his truck and drove away not looking back.
I watched him drive away and I wasn’t going to look back either, as much as I loved him. I’m about to turn sixteen, I have my whole life ahead of me, if Trevor and I are meant to be he’ll find his way back to me some way or another.

The author's comments:
Please Review!

The first day of school came and was now gone, my classes were boring, my friends saw the difference in me. I didn’t see my friends at all this summer, one was moving houses and then going on vacation the rest of the summer and the other, we just didn’t really talk. I guess I was wrapped up in my own little world all summer; I didn’t really have time between crying and being miserable to socialize. My closest friends were Nickkolette and Aria.
The colder months were coming fast and homecoming was this weekend, I had already decided not to go. I didn’t want to be asked even though I was a couple times, there was only once person I wanted to go with, and he could have too, but that wasn’t an option.
“Carghter, you have to go. Even if you don’t have a date,” Nickkolette said as we walked out to our cars. My birthday was September 19th and my parents gave me a BMW for my sixteenth, Nickkolette drove a red one while I had a white one.
“It’s not have I haven’t been asked Nickki, I just don’t want to go,” I still haven’t told him anything about this summer. I felt like a horrible friend but I was still in so much pain. I also was always the one who was against losing their virginity at such a young age; I was always the one thinking with a responsible head. They would never have guessed that I would be the one to lose it first. I didn’t know how they would look at me, would they see me as me still or would they see me as a slut. Either way I couldn’t take anymore back news.
“Carghter, please. I know tons of guys want you to be there,” Nickkolette was persistent, but I didn’t want another guy.
“I’ll think about it,” I mumbled. Nickkolette squealed and hugged me before saying goodbye and getting in her car as I got in mine.
Maybe being around other guys would help me; get my mind off of ‘him’. I don’t know how I could fall so hard in such a short amount of time. It was going to be months before he showed his face again if he even would, I had to find away to move on, maybe this dance is the way to start. Who am I kidding, Homecoming is in two days and I don’t have a dress or anything.
Once I pulled in the driveway I saw that Jackson’s car was there. He and Bethanee must be home for the weekend. I think they have spent almost all their weekends home; they always come on Thursday and then leave on Sunday. I’m glad Bethanee is home, I’m going to need her.
I walked in through the garage, Bethanee and mom were in the kitchen, trying to decide what to do for dinner, and I saw Jackson and dad outside on the deck.
“Hi, sweetheart,” mom greeted me. I smiled at her.
“Hey, Carghter,” Bethanee hugged me and then whispered. “You better start eating again, if I come back next week and your any skinnier, I will kill you,” she pulled back and then smiled at me. I knew that she only wanted what was best for me and I did eat, just not as much as I should be.
After eating I pulled Bethanee into my room to tell her what I was thinking.
“Beth, I have decided I want to go to home coming. The only problem is…I don’t have a dress and its two days away,” a giant smile came to her face and she brought her hands up to her chest. She jumped up and down screeching like a little school girl.
“No dress, No problem! Your coming with me now,” she grabbed my hand pulling me out of my room grabbing her purse along the way out the door. We got in her car and I had a feeling that I would not be coming home until I had the perfect dress. I was not looking forward to this since I hated shopping. We pulled into the parking lot of a small dress shop that Bethanee’s Aunt owned.
“Now this might sound strange but I called her at the beginning of this school year and had her put a few dresses on hold for you to try incase this ever happened. But now I’m not sure they will fit because you have gotten so small!” We got out of her car and went inside she smiled at the girl working in the front and she led me to the very back room. “Here,” she handed me a couple of very brightly colored dresses which I tried. None of them felt right. I tried many more but we both started losing hope. I came out of the dressing room just wearing my bra and under ware and fell on the pile of dresses which lay in front of the dressing room.
“Can I give up yet?” I asked exhausted of getting dressed and dressed, over and over again.
“Of course not! Ok I was saving this one for last. It’s a bit risky but I know you can pull it off,” she went to a closet which I hadn’t noticed before, coming back with a small dark blue satin dress. I slipped it on and had to admit it was beautiful. It fit my body perfect and looked amazing on me. Bethanee brought me over a kick ass pair of black heels. I put them on and looked in the mirror. Bethanee and her hands over her mouth and was smiling.
“My little sister has turned into a very sexy woman,” she laughed and winked at me. I took the dress off and put back on my shirt, shorts and converse. “Put this on my tab,” Bethanee yelled as we left the store holding the dress and shoes.
Today was the day and I was beyond nervous. Nikki, Bethanee and I were going to have a girl’s day to help me and Nickkolette get ready for the night. Aria was going to meet us at the dance because she wanted to get ready with her brothers girlfriend. She had a relationship with her brother’s girlfriend like I did with Bethanee.
We loaded into Bethanee’s car and were off. We had to stop by the store because Bethanee had something ‘top secret’ that she had to get. We went to the nail salon and I picked a dark blue to match my dress while Nikki picked a hot pink to match hers. After that we got lunch and went back home so that Bethanee could go all beauty school on us. I had to admit that she did a really good job on us. My hair was cute long loose curls. Nikki had her hair up in a slightly loose curly bun with looked amazing. For my makeup she went with the dark smokey eye look with a light nude lip and some light bronzer. Nikki had very predominate red lips with very neutral eye make-up; the red matched her red and pink dress.
“While you girls go get dressed I have to make a quick phone call,” Bethanee left us and turned the music up loud so that we wouldn’t be able to hear her conversation. We both looked stunning and we just stood in front of the mirror staring at ourselves and each other.
Bethanee came back to the room and said “You girls look fantastic. Nickki your date, Seth is here.” Nickki smiled and began to walk towards the stairs but then looked back.
“Carghter, aren’t you coming?” Nickki looked confused. I started walking towards her, when Bethanee stopped me.
“No, I’m going to take her, I have a surprise for you,” Bethanee smiled and winked at me. Nickkolette smiled and nodded, I watched as she walked down the stairs and out to Seth’s car. He is a junior; let’s just say Nickkolette was very glad to be going with him.
I had been suspicious about the way Bethanee had been acting today. I knew Bethanee had a reason for keeping whatever it was from me, but I couldn’t help but what to know. I went down stairs and Bethanee took her mysterious shopping bag from the store out with her. Bethanee told me to wait in the kitchen and she would be right back. I nodded and waited. She returned with an empty bag.
“Miss Carghter Leighton, your date awaits,” she smiled her big old smile leading me out the door and down the stairs. As we turned the corner I lifted my face which was watching the ground because I still wasn’t used to the heels, to see a small red carpet leading to a blue extended cab pickup. Standing at the truck was a boy dressed in a dark suit with a tie that was the exact same color as my dress. It was the last person I ever thought to expect. Bethanee whispered in my ear.
“He’s only here till tomorrow, make it count,” with that she pushed me towards him and walked away. I looked up at Trevor and smiled as he handed me a blue rose.
“This rose means more than you think,” he sounded nervous as he handed it to me. “Its thorn less which stands for love at first sight, which is how I felt about you. Also it’s blue which means impossible, which is what we thought that whatever it is between us would be. But it is just a single rose which stands for simplicity. That what whatever it is between us truly is. Simple. Carghter I’m sorry for everything, I have missed you so much. I can’t believe I was so stupid to think that what we had wasn’t perfect. I love you Carghter,” a tear rolled down my cheek as I stared at the rose twisting it in my hand. “Your look beautiful,” I smiled and whispered thank you.
Trevor opened my door for me and helped me in. I didn’t know what to think at this moment, I was just going to have to enjoy it while it lasts, because I know it’s not going to last forever.
We won our homecoming game, so you can imagine what good spirits everyone was in. Trevor wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked in the gym doors, Aria and Nickkolette spotted me immediately. I saw as their mouths dropped open and then came running towards me in their heels. I turned to Trevor and told him I would be right back.
“Carghter Aria Odette Leighton!” they both screamed at the same time. “When did this happen, how dare you not tell us?” Aria finished. I bit my lip.
“You guys were not together,” I said in a low voice that barely anyone could hear of the music. Nickkolette looked confused.
“Then why is he here with you?”
“Because we love each other, but we can’t be together,” I was able to say what I had too with pride. No more tears were going to fall from these eyes. Aria and Nickkolette both hugged me, in a weird three person hug. They both gave me the strength that I knew I was going to need to get through this amazingly fantastic but stressful night.
Both of them went back to their dates as I did mine. His crooked smile, invited me in as it always has. He held his hand out, as the perfect song began playing; it was from now on our song. Our first dance together ever was danced to ‘Just a Kiss’ by Lady Antebellum.
I’ve never been much of a dancer and in the death trap heels I was wearing; I was in for one interesting dance to say the least. He wrapped his arms around my waist which, in these heels were very reach able for him. My hands were secure around his neck. His brown eyes were so beautiful, dark pools of rich chocolate.
“Thank you,” I mumbled as I looked up. I was thankful, I knew tonight was going to be difficult, not nearly as difficult as tomorrow was going to be, but at least tonight would be easy.
“For what?”
“For coming with me, after everything we’ve been through, you didn’t have to come. Bethanee asked you and you said yes, that means a lot to me,” I looked up at him through my eyelashes. It did mean a lot to me, even if we could be together it still meant a lot that he still cared enough about me to come all the way back from Montana just for tonight.
“Carghter, I was already planning on coming back for Homecoming and begging you to let me either go with you or take you to dinner instead,” he brushed my cheek with his palm. I blushed and turned my face away. Trevor started whispering the lyrics of the song into my ear.
“Just a kiss, on your lips in the moonlight. Just a touch of the fire burning so bright. No I don’t wanna mess this thing up; I don’t wanna push to far. Just a shot in the dark that you just might be the one I’ve been waiting for my whole life. So, baby I’m alright, with just a kiss goodnight,” he kissed the soft area behind my ear before pulling away. I smiled up at him, I thought it was perfect. Yeah that was a lie.
“Wow, look at Carghter with her older ‘boyfriend,” Kylee motioned with her fingers and laughed. “So what is she playing you, or even better what is the slut putting out? By the way, if you ever get tired of the geek, I’m available,” she winked at Trevor. Kylee was a girl who I was never very fond of, she was always a b**** to me and I never really knew why. I was about to speak but Trevor beat me.
“She isn’t paying me and from the looks of it, you’re the slut. I love my girlfriend, Carghter Leighton. Now why don’t you go find someone else to try and hit on while I kiss my girlfriend,” and he did, he kissed me in front of everyone. Trevor knew that we couldn’t be together till he was home but I guess my entire school could think different.
I accepted his kiss and returned it but I didn’t let it go father then that. I hugged him as we continued to dance. I slow dancing stopped when the DJ started playing up beat dancing songs. Trevor held my hips as we danced together; I danced with Nickkolette and Aria. I forget every care I had in the world. I was happy.
I may be only sixteen but I’ve always been told that I’m very intelligent for my age. I knew that it took for someone to be happy; they had to find happiness in the heel whole we all live in. I have so much life to live still, but I couldn’t help but what every day and night to be just like it was at this very second. I didn’t want the fairytale to end, but every story has an end and it was time to face the music.
The dance was over at eleven, I was planning on staying at Aria’s with Nickkolette, but they understood when I said I wasn’t staying. I wanted to spend as much time as I possibly could with Trevor before he left.
Everyone was already in bed when we got home, which was odd but they were. I had changed out of my dress and into one of the shirts Trevor had left here, the shirt was long enough to cover my butt so I just wore my bra and underwear underneath, thank god I wore my cute navy blue lace bra and matching underwear, because anything else would have been embarrassing. Trevor had stripped down to a pair of gym shorts and had climbed in my bed. His room wasn’t set up at a room anymore, so he was supposed to be sleeping on the couch but I couldn’t let him. I stepped out of my bathroom and slowly walked towards my bed, I climbed in and rested my head on his chest. His warmth gave me enough heat that I only slept with a shirt and Trevor underneath me.
“Carghter, do we have to go to sleep?” he moaned as I was just getting comfy. He started to move wrapping his arm around me so that we were facing each other.
“I guess not,” I smiled as I realized how much I missed him. “What’s on your mind?” I asked staring into his eyes. I wanted this moment to last forever.
“I just don’t want to waste the time I have here sleeping, I rather spend all my time with you then sleeping through it all,”
“You have to drive all the way back to Montana, that eight hours,” Seattle to Montana was not a fun drive and he wanted to do it on no sleep.
“I’ll be okay,” he rolled his eyes.
“Fine, but if you crash, don’t come back and haunt me, because I told you to go to sleep mister,” I pointed my index finger at his chest. He laughed and brushed it away. I giggled a little too. I guess he was right, I didn’t want to spend our last hours together sleeping but I wanted him to be safe while he drove.
“Since, you insist we stay up, what’s really bothering you?” something had to be bothering him, I could tell he was keeping things from me. I searched in his eyes for the answers, but I only saw the formation of a single tear.
“Baby, what’s wrong?” I pulled his head into my chest. I listened to his sobs. I had pulled myself up, I was sitting and he was in my lap. “Trevor?” I lifted his head up so he would look at me. As much as he was good at hiding every emotion, I knew better and tonight he put on a pretty face.
“I’m so sorry, Carghter, I’m so sorry,” he sobbed. I held his face in my hands. “Taylor thinks she may be pregnant,” he sobbed. I let go of his face and pushed him off of me. I jumped up from the bed and tried to gather everything running through my head.
“What did you do?” I cried. How could she be pregnant? Why was he waiting till now to tell me, she would be almost two months pregnant? I sank to my floor on my knees. How could he do that to me?
“Carghter,” he tried to pull me towards his but I pushed away.
“Don’t touch me!” I hissed. I was so hurt and numb. “You just shattered any chance we ever had, do you not realize that. If she’s pregnant we’re done, you have to be with her and your child,” the tears fell down my face. I was going to lose him to her; I wasn’t going to even try. His child is going to need him; I won’t take a father away from that baby. He tried to grab me again and I was too weak to fight him off.
“Carghter, if she is pregnant, I’m not going to leave the baby, but that doesn’t mean I have to be with her. No matter what happens I only want to be with you,” he held my face between his palms. I shook my head and I sobbed. I couldn’t do it.
“No, Trevor,” I kept shaking my head. He looked in my eyes, searching for answers as I had with him earlier. He kissed me, I kissed back but it wasn’t full hearted.
How could this happen? I mind was filled with so many thoughts I couldn’t breathe. I was sobbing and gasping for breath. Trevor was pulling me closer into his arms but I pushed him away. He looked at me with his big apologetic eyes; I looked down at my hands which were clenched into fists, which were so tight that my knuckles were turning white.
“Get out,” I whispered still unable to breathe. He put his finger on my chin trying to lift my head. I push his hand away. “I said get out,” my voice was now louder and filled with anger. In fact I was now screaming, I stood up pulling his shirt off and throwing it at him. I grabbed more of what clothing was on the floor. “Get the f*** out of my room!”
He just sat there with his clothes in his lap, his eyes wide and slightly scared. I just pointed to the door and he grabbed a blanket heading down to the couch. He didn’t grab just any blanket, he grabbed the blanket. My knees went week and I fell to the ground, that stupid blanket sent me over the edge. I held my head in my hands balling closing my eyes as tight as they could go. A flash back of that night came back.
I ran down the stairs jumping on him. We had been wrestling for some time before he pinned me, but when his attention was distracted I pounced, pinning him. He pulled me to the couch and I fell asleep, in his arms. He covered me with that blanket. The next day was when I had my... our first kiss.
The tears fell harder and I collapsed into a ball on the floor. I loved him, I truly loved him but I knew we may never have a chance now because of what he and Taylor did. Even if she wasn’t pregnant it would take a lot of time to figure out what could happen between us. The tears had stopped because I had cried myself empty. I stood up shaking and opened my door silently. My throat was dry; I walked slowly down the stairs as I saw Trevor with his head in his palms crying silently to himself. I slipped into the kitchen unnoticed but when I opened the cupboard I managed to trip and knock over all our plastic cups. I stood there biting my lip at the loud bang of the cups hitting the counter and floor. I bent over to pick them all up and he was now standing by the edge of the island. He had scared me and I dropped the cups again.
Trevor helped me up and we wrapped our arms around each other. We locked eyes for a quick second and we both began to cry again.
“Carghter I have messed up so much. No matter what happens, I will always love you,” he sniffed and his hold tightened around me. I couldn’t speak, I didn’t remember how to. “What did I do? I fucking hate her!” Trevor let go of me and turned his back to me.
“How could I let her trap me into this?!” I saw him balling up his hands into fists. I saw his actions before he did; I grabbed his arm as it rose. He was going to hit the wall, him and Jackson bother tend to hit things when they are angry.
“Babe, look at me,” I grabbed his shoulder with my hand while my other hand was still intertwined with his. He wouldn’t turn. “Don’t you dare, shut me out,” he slowly turned to me. He had blood shot eyes from crying, his face was wet and cold. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he cried into my shoulder. I pulled him back and I fell against the wall, I pulled him down with me.
I love my brother’s bestfriend; a boy that I’ve knew and spent many days with for over a year. Everything I felt for him had developed over that year; it must have been the same for him. I held him as he cried out every last tear, I was so angry with the fact that he slept with her that I never thought about what Trevor was going through. He is possibly about to become a father and all I was doing was yelling at him. Even if we aren’t together I will always be by his side.
I didn’t see it coming but I accepted it. Trevor had snaked his arms around my waist and one hand was rested at my neck as he kissed me. I buried my fingers in his soft hair. The kiss deepened, he pulled me up into a standing position and pulled away. I saw the lust and love in his eyes, we loved each other. I kissed his check and took his hand and led him back up stairs. Everything felt like slow motion every bit of affection we showed each other on our way to my room was slow and sensual.
I locked my door behind us, as a passionate kiss turned into something much more.

The author's comments:
I know it's short but I hope you enjoy(:

A Year Without Love It has now been six months since Trevor left. I still cry myself to sleep every night and think about that stupid b**** Taylor. With her being one of my brothers friends she still is at our house often. I try to avoid her and her stupid expressions that she gives me every time she sees me. It’s almost as if she is proud to be knocked up. I would joyfully knock her out but since she’s pregnant with the men I love’s child, I must restrain myself from physically hurting her. Trust me it’s not easy. She is coming over to have dinner with us because my parents are the closest thing to Trevor’s parent’s, I knew it was going to be even harder for me to restrain from beating the living daylights out of her today. Bethanee and I were helping mom finish the dinner when Taylor flung the door open and just came inside. My mom stood there with a look of disbelief as she came in and set all her stuff on the table and making things messy again. Bethanee put her hand on my shoulder as I began clenching my fists. I can’t stand seeing her and the awkward bump that was showing under her shirt. When we went back to getting things ready I looked over at her and saw her rubbing her baby bump. We all sat at the table and I just glared at her, while she talked to my mom. “So I was thinking that we should turn one of the rooms here into a nursery for the baby. I mean for the first year at least until me and Trevor figure out where we are going to move together,” I spit out the food that was in my mouth and started to cough. Till we figure out where we are going to move together? What the hell, is she planning on living here? I felt my fist start to form as I glared at her, ignoring the fact that everyone was there. She just smiled at me knowing that she was tearing me and Trevor apart. I excused myself from the table and wet up to my room curling into a ball and sobbing. It wasn’t till this very moment that I realized how much I missed Trevor. With Taylor being seven and a half months pregnant she looked like an awkward turtle type thing, which for some reason made me want to put her into more pain. She was at my house everyday planning with my parents about the baby. I tried to ignore her because every time I saw that stupid belly it reminded me of him. The fact that his baby was forming inside of her, and he would forever have an attachment to her. I couldn’t believe how fast this year was going. Winter had came and left its ice crystals on my heart, spring was here and wasn’t warming a thing. My sophomore year was going to be over in a less than three months and then summer would be here once again. The passing months almost meant Taylor’s birth was on its way and Trevor was on his way home. The birth was one thing I was not looking forward to, because it meant that it was real. She was going to be having his baby and they would be together, I wasn’t going to rip a father away from a little girl who couldn’t help who she was born to. We have been working effortlessly to make Trevor’s room into a half way nursery, just as Taylor had asked. Taylor is due May thirteenth, and whether I liked it or not it was just around the corner. April had came and was already gone, just like the rest of the year had. So many things had happened this year while, he was away but I couldn’t bring myself to remember any of them. None of them seemed to matter, I couldn’t enjoy anything. I wasn’t happy, I think everyone saw it. I finally got the courage to tell my mom what had been going on, I don’t know how I got so lucky but she understood. My parents weren’t ones to judge, seeing how my dad is five years older them my mom. She wasn’t happy to hear that we had slept together but I think she understood. She always told me I was born ten years older and keeps getting closer to my thirties every year. She knew I could handle, these such adult things, I am capable of experiencing real love and emotions for another human being. I love Trevor, whether we are ever together again or not. I let a lot of things happen homecoming that I shouldn’t have, we weren’t together and things happened in the heat of the moment. I didn’t regret anything but that doesn’t meant that they should have happened. I guess everything must happen for a reason, even if we don’t agree with it. I pray to god that, I won’t lose the man I love in all of this. Each day passed without many things happening, I went to school and came home to Taylor every day. I still couldn’t believe my parents were being so generous to her, because we all knew she didn’t deserve it. I spent the day prepping for what was going to happen tonight, if anything. Taylor would be staying here because she was due tomorrow. I held back my anger and tried to move on but every time I heard her brag about that baby it all rushed back. “Carghter, I’m going to go get Trevor. You are going to come with me no matter what,” Bethanee came up to my room grabbing me from my laptop and dragging me out to her car where Taylor was already sitting in the front seat, which meant I was going to be stuck in the back with Trevor. How wonderful. The drive was long and filled with Taylor’s excited lies about how she couldn’t wait to see him. I had my iPod plugged in trying to drown her out. As we pulled in front of the airport our song came on. I felt tears forming in my eyes and I tried to hold them back, it wasn’t till I saw him coming down the ramp that I let them start silently falling. I watched as they hugged and kissed, causing more tears to fall. “Hi Carghter,” he smiled at me and I just turned away walking back towards the car. I was in no mood to talk to him right now. Why did Bethanee bring me here if, I was going to have to suffer through this? Since, I beat everyone to the car, I stood at the front waiting. They wanted each other and now they have each other, Trevor , Taylor and their baby. I was pulled out of my thoughts by a voice. “Excuse me, miss?” he was dressed in a black hoodie. “Yes?” “Can you show me where pick up is for a certain airline?” I nodded and walked past him showing him all the airline pick-ups. I was about to speak when I saw a black van pull up and arms snaked around me. “No, let me go!” I screamed fighting but it was too late they throw me in the van and I was taken over by darkness.

The author's comments:
Enjoy!(: & Review!

I woke in a dark empty room duck taped to a chair. I took in my surroundings. There was nothing in the room, dark walls where the paint was peeling off and only one window. The door I was staring at was a simple wood door, nothing special. I didn’t feel any physical pain but a very strong headache, I noticed that my clothes were dirty and ripped. I started tugging on the duck tape; trying anyway I could think of to free myself. I must have been working on it for about half an hour, when I heard the stirring of voices outside the door. I kept quiet and tired to listen, but I wasn’t given much time before two men stormed into my captive room.
“Look-y here, she’s awake,” the men were scruffy and ugly; the ugliness from their souls must have shown through to their physical appearance. One of them ran their index finger along my jaw bone.
“Don’t touch me!” I hissed through my teeth. I knew how to defend myself, but being tired to a chair wasn’t helping that fact very much.
“Awe now, now we aren’t going to hurt you, Carghter,” I saw as he had my wallet in his hand.
“Then let me go, you have no reason to keep me,” they both darkly laughed at me. I glared and slowed my breathing.
“We have to keep you, my dear. If we don’t then we can’t get your boyfriend back for all the things he’s done to us,” I saw a hit of sadness in their angered looks. Boyfriend? I don’t have a boyfriend. Trevor! What did he do to them?!
“Trevor? What did he do to you?” I looked from one to the other.
“What didn’t he? We were his punching bags at school,” I didn’t know what to say to them, I’m sorry? What did I have to do with any of this?
“So, you think by kidnapping me, you can watch him suffer the way you did throughout high school?” I was trying to make some sort of sense out of their reasoning.
“Basically, yes,” they looked at each other and answered at the same time. These men made me sick, they were Trevor’s age and they had rage and sick messed up minds that had to take years to develop.
“What is wrong with you? Trevor and I aren’t even together! Whatever he did in the past has nothing to do with me. You two need to let it go, it was in high school, move on!” I screamed and it rang throughout the room. I didn’t see if coming but I did feel the sting of one of them slapping me. I flipped my head back up and faced them.
“You are crazy, my parents will find me and you will go to jail,” I said in a flat voice. They both laughed.
“Jason, we got get some sleep. We have ‘many’ things to do tomorrow,” the guy in the black sweatshirt said to the one in the blue one.
“Your right, Mick,” Mick is the one in blue and Jason is the one in black. I didn’t say anything but I watched them walk out the door and I heard them lock it behind them. I screamed and screamed till my voice was gone. I broke down and tears ran down my face. It must have been around midnight when I calmed myself down, I saw where Mick had throw my wallet on the floor, I also saw in the corner a black little blob. I tired squinting my eyes but it wasn’t helping. I tried moving with my chair but I didn’t get much closer. I started hopping around and before I knew it I feel over and broke part of the chair, I hoped it wasn’t that loud. By breaking the chair I could stand up and the only thing restricting me was my hands being taped together. I bent my body over backwards and pick up my wallet. I moved towards the black blob, but once I got close I felt a piece of relief. It was my purse. I had my cell phone but I also had my pocket knife that Trevor and Jackson insist I carry. I used my feet and dug through my purse till I found the knife, I then turned my body and took the knife in my hands, I struggled a while to get the knife open.
Once I did begin to cut the tape, once I was free I felt even happier. I had to get myself out of this, I could do it. I just had to move fast. I began digging even more through my purse for my phone; it was at the bottom, still turned on. I millions of messages from everybody even missed calls. I was very lucky that my phone was on silent because if it wasn’t they would have taken it. I decided to quickly text my mom telling her that I had been kidnapped and that I was on my way home. I didn’t get a chance to read her reply, I put my phone back in my purse that was now fastened over my shoulder and went to the window. There was a lock on it, I had seen this millions of times on movies so I thought I should try it myself. I took a bobby pin out of my little stash in my bag and basically began moving it around, not really knowing that I was doing.
I was about to give up, when I heard a soft click. A smile appeared on my face, I opened to window. I was very loud and I heard Mick and Jason stirring in the other rooms outside mine. I quickly jumped out the window, and fall about one story. I landed on my side, I looked up and saw them both looking down on me from the window. As soon as they left then window to come retreat me, I got up and ran. I had no clue where I even was let alone, which direction to be going. I just ran straight, through the sharp trees and to a road. I never knew that I could run this much, I had to have ran about a mile already and I wasn’t even close to being tired. I wasn’t on any recognizable road, but I hid in bushes or would roll down a nearby hill every time a car came by.
I started looking for landmarks, but it wasn’t easy since I was about three in the morning now. I grabbed my cell phone and looked at what my mother had sent me.
Baby girl! Where are you? Please turn your GPS back on, on your phone so we can find you! I love you, Carghter!
I had only been missing for about ten hours and I was already missing my family, I broke down crying. I did as I was told and turned to GPS back on; I quickly dialed my mom and prayed she’d answer. I was almost out of hope till she answered on the last ring.
“Carghter!?” she said in a hopeful voice. I could hear the crackle in her voice as if she had been crying.
“Mommy,” I whispered. She gasped in relief.
“Baby girl, where are you? Did you turn to GPS on like I said?” I nodded knowing she couldn’t hear me before answering.
“Yes, Mom please come get me. I have no clue where I am but I’m on an undeniable highway. I don’t even know if I am still in Washington,” I whispered, as I cried.
“Your father is tracking you now, we are on our way,” I listened as she got in the car and I heard it start up. “Jackson and Bethanee left ten minutes ago to try and find you; they are now tracking you too. We are going to find you baby. The police are also on their way,” just the sound of my mother’s voice gave me hope that they would find me, before Mick and Jason did.
“Okay,” that was all I could manage to speak through my tears.
“Carghter, stay on the phone with me, nothing else is going to happen to you I promise,” my mother tried to sooth me. I kept walking in what I thought would be the right direction.
“I will,” I promised.
“Carghter, do you know why they took you or anything, to help the police catch these men?” I knew she wanted answers, but I didn’t want them to blame Trevor because these psycho men kidnapped me with a crazy scheme to get back at him.
“Yes, I know why they kidnapped me, but I rather speak about it in person,” I knew she would understand and she did. Mom and I didn’t speak were just stayed on the line. I watched the sun rise; I started giving up thinking they would never find me. Until I saw the head lights of my brother’s car. I turned so he would see my face, I watched as he slammed on his breaks and three people came running out. My vision was blurry but I saw Trevor as his body crushed into mine.
“Carghter, I thought I was going to lose you,” he whispered in my ear. I just feel into his arms. He started kissing all over my face that was when Bethanee cut in. I wrapped my arms around my sister and the tears came falling again.
“Don’t you ever walk away from me again!” she screamed at me. Bethanee didn’t loosen her gripped when Jackson wrapped his arms around the both of us.
“Never again sis,” was all he said. I watched as Jackson let go and called our parents telling them that they had me and for all of us to meet at the house with the police. Trevor had grabbed a blanket out of the car and wrapped in around me as we all climbed back into Jackson’s car and started on our way home. I feel asleep in Trevor’s lap, I felt as safe as I possibly could after being kidnapped.

Hey, Guys, I will no longer be writing and posting on this story, I am very sorry for those who really enjoyed the story. But please check out my new one that I will be uploading, I'm not sure when it will be up because it has to be approved but, please look for it. I would love to hear your feedback on the new story that I will be uploading. Thanks
Love Anddi(:



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 13 comments.


on Oct. 12 2011 at 8:27 pm
ClumslyImperfect BRONZE, Spokane, Washington
1 article 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.

Hey guys!(: Alright, so this sotry is only on TEMPERARY hold!! I will start writing more when the characters start speaking to me again! Haha, but anyways, please check out my other story and the short story I wrote, I would love all of your supporting feedback!(:

Please check it out!


on Oct. 12 2011 at 3:46 pm
Country_Storm_Inspired, The Colony, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 28 comments
*that was supposed to be a frowny face...:(

on Oct. 12 2011 at 3:29 pm
Country_Storm_Inspired, The Colony, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 28 comments
This reminds me so much of my summer..and my "Trevor"(:

G. said...
on Aug. 21 2011 at 4:08 pm
Just read chapter 7. Erg! There needs to be more:D Haha!

on Aug. 15 2011 at 1:03 am
ClumslyImperfect BRONZE, Spokane, Washington
1 article 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.

I love that you are so interested!(: I will start writing again sometime this week, I finished the writing contest and I will start writing again.

on Aug. 14 2011 at 11:18 pm
DirectingGabs GOLD, Texas, Texas
19 articles 1 photo 65 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.\"

Grr. It's driving me crazy to know what happens! I don't like Taylor... it her baby(x I like Trevor... But not if he likes Taylor. So, yeah... Write more. (That was a command(; )

on Aug. 13 2011 at 11:44 pm
MiNdLeSsLuVeRgIrL BRONZE, Kenly, North Carolina
4 articles 0 photos 120 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you love something let it go, if it comes back its yours if it doesn't, it never was!

plz plz plz make more

on Aug. 10 2011 at 4:24 pm
JustAnotherDay. BRONZE, Andover, Ohio
2 articles 1 photo 130 comments

Favorite Quote:
Stephen Fry - There are many people out there that will tell you that "you can't". What you've got to do is turn around and say, "watch me."

No problem, I really enjoyed it, have fun, and good luck!

on Aug. 10 2011 at 2:22 pm
ClumslyImperfect BRONZE, Spokane, Washington
1 article 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.

I will try very soon, at the moment I am working on a story wtih a friend for a writing contest and once we finish that, I will begin writting Summer Time again. I am glad you like it.

on Aug. 10 2011 at 11:26 am
JustAnotherDay. BRONZE, Andover, Ohio
2 articles 1 photo 130 comments

Favorite Quote:
Stephen Fry - There are many people out there that will tell you that "you can't". What you've got to do is turn around and say, "watch me."

WHEN are you going to post more soon! I really really need more, that is really crazy. I need more XP

Anonymous said...
on Aug. 8 2011 at 7:35 pm
This is such a great story! Please add more

on Aug. 4 2011 at 1:46 pm
ClumslyImperfect BRONZE, Spokane, Washington
1 article 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.

I'm glad you like it, I will try to post more soon.

on Aug. 4 2011 at 9:55 am
DirectingGabs GOLD, Texas, Texas
19 articles 1 photo 65 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.\"

I'm on the third chapter and am utterly addicted(: Haha good job so far!!!!:D