Kiss me, Kiss me not | Teen Ink

Kiss me, Kiss me not

July 14, 2011
By Amuhammd SILVER, austell, Georgia
Amuhammd SILVER, Austell, Georgia
8 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
CURIOUSITY KILLED THE CAT!!!


Summary:

I never really looked at the land of Aura. Its skies smelled of fresh mangoes and fresh cabbage growing in the fields. The soil, deep and wet. The air makes you breathe harder with every step you take. The only problem is, I am deeply, madly in love with a black boy. Not only do my parents disapprove, but it’s against the law. You see, I am white, and Aura is a racist land still. So I am not allowed exactly to make physical contact with a black person unless I am whipping him (which I am totally not allowed to do, since I am woman, or soon to be). But to be in love with a black person, I might as well run around the land of Aura saying” I love black people”. (I do).



If my parents were to ever find out my relationship with Jordan, that’s his name. They would have my head. By the way my name is Anna Lou Ann Tucker the first. It’s very long; I might cut it short by the age of 16 to Anna Tucker. It sounds so original. By the way, I am 13 and Jordan is 13, isn’t that a coincidence? When I am old enough I plan to run away with Jordan and start a family of four. But for know I am just Anna Lou Ann Tucker the first. I probably should go its time for bed; momma will come to tuck me into bed shortly.


Ashanti M.

Kiss me, Kiss me not


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 6 comments.


on May. 8 2012 at 3:40 am
nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other
2 articles 0 photos 110 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the most of everything they have."

"Today is life. The only life we're sure of. Make the most of today." -CSI:NY

There are quite a few grammatical errors, lots of switching view points and missing punctuation marks.

fix all that and you'll have a great. story.

please check out some of my stories sometime too. thanks!

<3


on Mar. 16 2012 at 6:53 am
Amuhammd SILVER, Austell, Georgia
8 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
CURIOUSITY KILLED THE CAT!!!

thanks so much!!!

LittleMiss said...
on Jan. 16 2012 at 10:43 pm
LittleMiss, Jackson, Mississippi
0 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
The pen is mightier than the sword

Loved it keep writin hun

on Aug. 26 2011 at 5:58 pm
Amuhammd SILVER, Austell, Georgia
8 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
CURIOUSITY KILLED THE CAT!!!

Thnks... i really am a better writer. i just feel i rushed through this story just to get something submitted.

on Aug. 9 2011 at 8:19 pm
Odessa_Sterling00 DIAMOND, No, Missouri
87 articles 108 photos 966 comments

Favorite Quote:
All gave some, some gave all. -War Veterans headstone.

This had a lot of gramical mistakes and it felt choppy and didn't have a good flow.  The time period was hard to place, because it had modern parts and older parts.  Don't stop writing.  The more you write, the better you get.

Please check out some of my short stories.


on Jul. 19 2011 at 10:19 pm
Amuhammd SILVER, Austell, Georgia
8 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
CURIOUSITY KILLED THE CAT!!!

I love my book... please respond to me with comments or questions!!