Cassie | Teen Ink

Cassie

August 30, 2018
By fheapy, Litchfield, Nebraska
More by this author
fheapy, Litchfield, Nebraska
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

This piece may be a little cheesy so don't judge and I am not sure exactly how this site works but I would like to remain anonymous.

“Mom doorbell”!! Cassie yelled and slowly drifted off to an uneasy sleep. Cassie could hear her mom say “Oh I wasn’t expecting you until later”. “Yeah sorry” I needed to get Cassie early. “Cassie honey your dad is here. “Ok Mom” Cassie said as she flew out of bed and got dressed really fast. She was down the stairs in about 10 minutes to find her mom and dad talking about their divorce. “Umm” Cassie said “I don’t really want you guys to talk about that in front of me”. “Sorry honey” her dad breathed. “Your father and I were thinking of trying again for you. What do you think”? Her mom asked. “NO”! “I don’t want you guys fighting all the time again” Cassie wailed. Cassie stormed outside and waited for her dad in his car. Her dad came out and said “Oh Cassie I’m sorry”. Cassie put in her earbuds and looked out the window. “It’s fine dad” Cassie sighed. They didn’t talk the rest of the way to her dad’s house. “You can head inside I have to go to work. That’s why I had to get you early”. “Ok” Cassie said enthusiastically. She just wanted to be alone. “I’m 16 turning 17 and never get any alone time” she thought. She figured she would call Cameron her best friend that is a guy and then Gage her crush. Then, she would call her best friend Allison to talk about how it went. Cassie was a pretty organized person with a pretty messed up life. She sat on the couch and watched her favorite show AFV. America’s Funniest Home Videos in other words. She watched it until her Dad got home. Then, she went up to her room and read. She laid there looking at the ceiling of the room and let some tears out. Her Dad was making lots of noises and after 20 minutes yelled “Honey dinner time”. Cassie didn’t want it to be awkward so she said “I’m not hungry Dad” and was gonna  go get some snacks when her dad went to bed. She really was hungry she just didn't want to eat with her dad. “Ok honey that's fine”. She looked out the window. She moaned “Hmm the earth feels like me today” She watched it rain for another 10 minutes and then listened to music on her Walkman. Her dad knocked. “Hon Cameron is here to talk to you. Can I let him in”? Her dad asked. “Yeah thanks dad” Cassie moaned. She could hear Cameron walking up the stairs. She sat up on the bed and waited for him to come in. “Hey” Cameron whispered. “Hey” Cassie said. Cassie had known for a long time that Cameron had a crush on her but he didn’t have to know that. She didn’t want to hurt his feelings but she thought they were better as friends. Cameron interrupted her thoughts and said “You know you can talk to me right”? “Yeah” Cassie moaned. Cameron got up and walked around the room. Cassie’s phone rang. She walked over to her desk and answered it. “Hello who is this”? Cassie asked. “Hello this is Linda Grove. I am from the Grinsdale Hospital” the voice said. Cassie’s heart stopped. “I am calling in regard of Helen Fole. She has gotten in an accident” the nurse said. Cassie started crying. “Ok” she cried. “I’ll be there as fast as I can”. Cassie flew down the road in her Dad’s car and headed to the hospital. When she got there she ran up to the front desk and yelled “Helen Fole! I need to see Helen Fole”. The man got on the computer and clicked away until he said calmly “She’s in room 204”. “Thank you so much” Cassie cried. She ran down the hallway and ran up a flight of stairs to get to room 204. When she got there she stared at her mom sleeping in the hospital bed and cried. “Mom” she wept. The nurse came out and said to Cassie “Your Mom is in a coma and we can’t be to sure she is gonna wake up. She was in a terrible accident on the highway. She was rear-ended and her car rolled in the ditch”. “Oh my goodness”. Cassie cried. “Can I see her please”? “Of course” she said. Cassie walked slowly into the room and kneeled up against her bed. “Oh Mom” she wailed. Cassie stood up and grabbed her Mom’s hand. She turned around to see her 29 year old brother Michael. “Michael” she cried. She ran up and hugged him. “I came as soon as you called” Michael said. “Is Dad coming” Michael asked. “I doubt it” Cassie moaned. Michael squeezed Cassie until she felt better and then said “I am going to go talk to Mom”. “Ok” Cassie said. “Mom It’s Michael. Please wake up I miss you” Michael said. As Michael talked to their Mom Cassie imagined a life without her and wondered where she would go to school Grinsdale or Cairo. She wanted to go to Grinsdale but it was going to be up to her Dad if her Mom did die. She was terrified. She had enough on her plate without the awkwardness of going to a new school. When she snapped out of it Michael was walking her way. “Nervous”? He asked. “A little” Cassie said “I don’t want to go to a new school if she dies” she cried. “I’ll make sure that Dad lets you stay in Grinsdale but let’s not think about a life without Mom when she still has a little bit of life to live” Michael said. “Thanks I needed that” Cassie said. Cassie was driving home to her Dad’s house because Michael was going to stay with their Mom so Cassie could get some sleep for school the next day. “Where were you”? Her Dad screamed. “I was visiting Mom in the hospital” Cassie yelled back. “You are with me for the rest of the weekend so you will not visit her until Monday night” her Dad yelled. “Fine” Cassie yelled. “I can’t wait to leave here” she screamed. She ran up the stairs and slammed the door. She flopped on the bed and started bawling. She cried herself to sleep.

Cassie got ready to leave her Dad’s house. She got in her Dad’s truck and drove herself to school back in Grinsdale. When she got to school she walked in and everyone was staring at her. “Great” she thought but then turned around to see a new guy walk in the door. Cassie turned back around so it didn’t look like she was staring at him. Someone tapped on her shoulder. She turned around to see the new guy. “Hey” he said. “Could you show me to the office”? he asked “Sure” Cassie said. They walked down the hall and when they got to the office Cassie said “There it is”. “Thanks” he replied. “So what’s your name”? he asked. “Cassie Fole” she said. “Yours”? she asked. “Mason Knightly” he replied. “Well good luck getting your books and stuff” Cassie said. “Yeah thanks” he replied. “Well I’ll see you around” Cassie squeaked. Cassie turned around to see everyone yelling “Who is he”? And she replied “I guess you’ll have to find out yourself not knowing that Mason was watching her. He smiled while watching her through the office door and whispered “She’s something else” and then went to talk to the principal. Cameron walked up to Cassie and asked “How is your Mom”? “She’s in a coma Cameron”. “That’s terrible Cameron replied”. The bell rang and Cameron and Cassie split up to go to class. When Cassie walked into the History classroom everyone was surrounding one desk. “Mason” Cassie thought. Everyone was fighting to sit next to him  so Cassie walked up, shoved everyone out of the way, and said “Excuse me that’s my seat” and sat down next to Mason. They all rolled their eyes and sat down. “Thanks he said”. “I don’t like getting a lot of attention”. Cassie replied “No problem I bet you get it all the time looking like that”. “Looking like what”? He asked with a smirk on his face. Cassie blushed and answered “You know, decent”’ He laughed and said “Nice save from calling me hot there”. Cassie rolled her eyes and looked at the whiteboard. She was smiling for the rest of the class and then she went out of her shock when the teacher asked “Cassie what is the answer”? “Huh”? Cassie asked. Mason started laughing. Cassie smirked and squealed “Stop laughing at me Ma… n”. Mason looked at Cassie and said “You can say my name out loud”. The teacher cleared his throat and yelled “You two are cute but, you’re clearly not paying attention so get to the principal’s office NOW”! They left the classroom and then Cassie whispered “I’m sorry I got you in trouble”. Mason looked at her and said “I’ll say I did it if you tell me what you were thinking about”. “Well I am taking the blame anyway so I don’t have to tell you”. He smirked and asked “It was me wasn’t it”. “NO” Cassie replied. She blushed and then said “Ok maybe”. He laughed and Cassie squealed “Stop that’s how you got in trouble in the first place”. “How” he asked. “Laughing” Cassie answered. Mason laughed again. Cassie said “I like your laugh. It’s cute”. “Ouch” he said “Only cute”? He asked. Cassie was the one laughing this time. Mason said “Well I think your laugh is cute too. Cassie smiled and said “Ouch”. Mason smirked and replied “No i’m serious”. Then he asked “You wanna go somewhere with me tonight”? Cassie replied “Sure” and then they arrived at the principal’s office with Mr. Hutchman waiting outside. “Come in you two” he growled. After 20 minutes of I can’t believe that you two of all people were doing this Mason asked “So when can I pick you up”? Cassie laughed and then said “You can pick me up at 5:00”. “Great” he said. They split up to go to their next class when the bell rang. Cassie slacked off until lunch thinking about Mason. She was so out of it that her and Gage ran right into each other. Cassie fell over and her books went flying. Gage gasped and said “Oh I’m sorry I wasn’t paying attention” while helping her up. Cassie sighed and said “Yeah me neither”. She picked up her books and looked at Gage. He looked really sorry and Cassie replied to his look with “No really I’m fine. It’s ok”. “Ok i’ll see you around then” Gage said. They both smiled and went off to lunch. When Cassie arrived at the lunch room she saw everyone sitting by Mason. She caught Mason’s glance and he smiled at her. Everyone looked to see who he was smiling at and then after awhile turned back to Mason to ask him questions. Cassie saw that the table was a little full so she sat at a little table and was soon joined by her friend Allison. Allison shrieked quietly “OMG he is so hot”. Cassie laughed and replied “I think the whole school could agree with that”. Cassie looked over Allison’s shoulder to look at Mason. “I wonder what his name is. No one knows. They even started a raffle to guess what it is” Allison rambled. Still looking at Mason Cassie replied “Yeah I wonder”. After lunch was over Mason came up to Cassie and asked “Do they really have a raffle to find out my name”? Cassie replied “ Yep that is why we should keep your name a secret”. Cassie said “How was your lunch? Did you make anymore friends or do you still only have me”? Mason replied with “Well first of all ouch and second of all terrible and yep just you”. Cassie replied with “I can live with that”. Mason smirked and asked “Who was that hottie sitting with you”? Cassie punched him in the arm and Mason laughed. Mason asked “Aww is someone jealous”? Cassie replied “No but if we are going to be friends you can’t hit on my best friend. Got it”? Mason laughed and said “I was kidding”. Cassie punched him in the arm again. Mason smirked and said “Your cute when your mad”. Cassie laughed and walked off and went to class. When school was over she went home to get ready for her date with Mason. It was the first date so she didn’t dress up to much. Mason had been on her mind all day so it was only when she saw her Mom’s necklace that she remembered her Mom was in the hospital and then said to herself “Mom would want me to be happy”. She put the necklace on and waited for Mason to get to her house. She heard a knock on the door and went and answered it. “You look great” Mason said with one of his heart melting smirks. “Thanks” Cassie replied. When they got in the car. Cassie sighed and said there’s something I want to tell you Mason. Mason said “Ok” and listened. Cassie explained to him everything going on with her Mom and he replied with “That’s terrible but if you ever need to talk to anyone about it i’m here”. He squeezed Cassie’s hand and Cassie replied “Thanks” and tried not to cry. After they ate dinner Mason took Cassie home. He said I’ll see you tomorrow Cassie. She replied “Cya” and went inside her house. At 10:00 that night Cassie got a call from the hospital. Scared she answered the phone. She gulped and said “Hello”. The nurse said “Cassie you need to get to the hospital now if you want to say any last words to your Mom”. Cassie cried and hung up. She sped down the road to get to the hospital. She ran to room 204 and burst into the room to see Michael kneeling by the bed to their unconscious Mom. Cassie cried and knelt down next to him. She whispered to her Mom “Rest in peace Mom. I love you”. Michael said the same as they watched the heart monitor flatten out. They hugged each other and cried. Michael stayed at their Mom’s house with Cassie that night. Cassie decided to go to school the next day. She woke up and started bawling. Michael drove her to school and when she got inside she felt overwhelmed. She saw Cameron and she ran into his arms and cried. “She’s gone Cameron She’s gone” Cassie cried. “Let’s get you somewhere private” he replied. Cameron texted Allison and Allison soon joined them in the Janitor’s closet. She gave Cassie a big hug and then Cameron said “Cassie we have to get to class we will tell Mr. Hoffman that you feel sick and are in the bathroom”. “Thanks guys” Cassie cried. After they left Cassie texted Mason who was mystery boy in her phone and asked him “Meet me in the Janitor’s closet”? He replied “Of course” :). Five minutes later he opened the door to see Cassie crying. He shut the door and walked over and hugged her. “What’s wrong”? he asked. “She’s gone Mason”. Mason replied with a big squeeze and “I’m so sorry”. He brushed her hair out of her eyes. Cassie said “Thanks” and Mason said “for what”. Cassie replied “making me feel better”. Mason stood up and pulled Cassie up too. “We better go to class he said”. Cassie replied “Separately”. Mason went back and Cassie waited for five minutes and then went back to class. Mr. Hoffman asked “Are you feeling better Ms. Fole”? “Yes much Mr. Hoffman”. He continued to teach and Cassie sat down next to Mason. When Cassie got home Michael asked “Do you have a boyfriend. She replied “Kind of”.  Michael asked “Did you tell Allison, Cameron, and him”? Cassie answered “Yeah why”. He said “I just don’t want to many people to know”. She answered with “Yeah me neither”. They made a frozen pizza for dinner and then went to bed without saying much. Cassie slept in her Mom’s room and Michael slept in his room. They were really trying to cope with the sadness but life just wasn’t the same without her. Michael asked the question that neither one of them wanted to talk about. Michael was crying and it made Cassie cry too. Michael asked “I think we should just get a few of her closest friends together and go bury her”. Cassie moaned “I agree. Her will says she doesn’t want anything to fancy”. Michael replied “So it’s settled then just a little tiny burial in the cemetery and nothing to costy”. Cassie said “Yeah but I don’t want Dad to go”. Michael replied “Me neither”. Cassie gave Michael a hug and then went to school. When she got there Mason was out in front of the school smiling at her. “Hey can I ask you a question”? Cassie replied “Sure”. Mason walked up and stood there smiling for awhile. He smirked and said “Cassie I want you to be my girlfriend”. Cassie replied “Mason I don’t know if i’m ready to be in a relationship you know with all my mom stuff going on”. Mason’s smile quickly faded and he said “I get that”. Cassie mumbled “I’m sorry Mason”. Then she walked away. Mason watched as Cassie made her way back into the school and then whispered “Man she really is cute”. Cassie couldn’t think of anything else the whole day except for Mason. In her head she was playing scenes of her and Mason being together and with her and Mason not being together. She loved him enough not to hurt him but she didn’t know if she loved him enough to be his girlfriend.The rest of the day went by in a blur. When Cassie got home she heard Michael and someone else talking in his room and wondered who it was. It was definitely a girl voice. She went to his room and knocked. Michael yelled “Cassie is that you”? Cassie replied “Yeah can I come in”? “Sure” Michael answered.Cassie went inside and saw Mom’s best friend showing Michael pictures of her and their Mom. She looked up and said “Oh Cassie you look wonderful” and then hugged her crying into her shoulder. Then she said “I’m sorry for your loss honey”. Cassie replied “I’m sorry too. This must be hard for you as well”. “Just remember I am there for you guys if you need anything at all. Your mom was a wonderful lady. She was there for all her friends. She will be missed by each and every one of them” Jessica cried. The next day at school she went into the janitor’s closet to think but there was already someone in there. “Hello! who’s there?” Cassie whispered. “Guess” a dark figure said. Cassie guessed “Male, Sophomore, and the name is Gage Spear. Gage asked “How did you know”? Cassie replied “Well i’ve been going to school with you for 11 years”. Cassie walked over and sat down next to Gage. Gage asked Cassie “What are you doing in here”? Cassie answered “Thinking. You”? Gage responded with “Thinking”. They sat there silently thinking for a while when Gage asked “Cassie do you want to go to Spring Formal with me”? Cassie thinking about Mason asking her responded “Gage i’ll have to get back to you on that” and then stood up and left the closet. Gage shouted after her “Ok I can wait” but Cassie wasn’t listening. She ran and ran to get to the history classroom. She pulled Mason up out of his seat and ran with him in tow back to the janitor’s closet which Gage had now vacated. She sat down and pulled Mason down to and confused, Mason asked “What is going on”? Cassie out of breath responded “I have no idea”. Their eyes adjusted to the dark so Cassie could see Mason hit her with one of his smirks. Mason thought “Maybe she wants to try. There’s only one way to find out”. Cassie was looking the other way. Mason brushed his fingers along the side of her face and she looked at him. He leaned in and Cassie kissed him! “Cassie” he mumbled Cassie responded “Shut up” and kissed him again. Mason smirked. Then Cassie whispered “This is what I was talking about Mason” and then walked out of the closet. Mason yelled “Where are you going”? Cassie just kept running. She ran out the door and shut it on Mason. He pushed through the doors and chased her. He caught up to her and grabbed her coat. She took her coat off while she was running. Mason stopped and took a shortcut to try and get in front of her. The shortcut worked. He waited hidden so she didn’t turn around. She stopped running so Mason went out from hiding. “Hey what’s wrong” he said. Cassie leaned into him and cried “I miss her Mason”. Mason hugged her and said “Oh come on let's get you home”. Cassie nodded and Mason took her to her house. When Cassie was stable enough to talk Mason asked her “Why does seeing me make you miss your mom”? Cassie snuffled and answered “I’m sorry. Don’t take it personally. I just miss her so much and seeing other people I love makes it worse”. Mason responded with a huge smile and the said “I’m sorry Cassie”. Then he mumbled “Does that mean we can try”? Cassie smiled and said “I guess but don’t expect me to give full commitment until my Mom stuff is sorted out”. Mason hugged her but they were interrupted by the doorbell. Cassie ran down to see who it was. She opened the door to find Cameron. Cameron came in and said “I brought your homework because Allison told me you went home sick”. Cassie grabbed it and replied “Oh thanks”. Cameron sighed when he saw Mason and then mumbled “I guess it’s to late”. Cassie scrunched her face and asked “Too late for what”? Cameron yelled “To ask you to the dance”. “Cameron” Cassie squeaked. Cassie yelled “I wouldn't have said yes anyway. We are better off as friends”.Cameron’s face went pale and he said “I love you Cassie. I have for a long time”. Cassie responded “Cameron I know but I think we should just stay friends”. Cameron shouted “Really” and then left Cassie’s house. Cassie sighed and sat down on the couch to prosper what just happened. Mason came and sat down next to her. Cassie moaned “I can’t believe that just happened”. Mason sighed and said “Yeah it must be tough to not even know if your friend is going to talk to you” Cassie started crying. Cassie sighed and then sat down on the couch to think about what just happened. Mason came and sat down next to her. Cassie moaned “I can’t believe that just happened”. Mason replied “Yeah it must be hard not knowing if your friend is ever going to talk to you again”. Cassie cried “Really Mason. I just want to be alone. Please leave”. Mason nodded his head, got up, and said “I’ll call you later”. “Ok” Cassie mumbled to get Mason to leave. He left and she sat on the couch and cried. She turned on the TV and about one hour later Michael walked in the house and locked the door. “What’s goin_”. “Shh” Michael whispered. He turned off the lights and the TV and brought Cassie upstairs. Cassie whispered “Now can you tell me. What’s going on”? Michael locked them in his room and shut the curtain. “Michael” Cassie whispered. Michael came over and hugged Cassie and quietly said “Don’t make a sound. We want him to think we aren’t home”. Cassie had so many questions but kept them in and stayed quiet like Michael had said. There was a knock on the door. Cassie whispered really quietly “Who is that”? Michael hugged her. “What about your car” Cassie whispered. Michael answered softly “I walked Cassie now shh”. They sat there quietly for what seemed like forever when they heard “Are you kids in there. I need to talk to you”. Then there was another knock and then the sound of the locked doorknob turning. Cassie was terrified so she squeezed Michael really tight. Michael squeezed her back. After awhile the guy left. They sat there quietly for 30 more minutes just to be sure and then Michael whispered “Let’s stay here for awhile. He will probably be back”. Cassie replied “Who Michael”. Michael whispered “Uncle Richard. He wants custody of us well technically you but legally i’m old enough to take care of you so we are just hiding from him until Mom’s funeral is over and done with and then we will take it to court”. Cassie responded “Sounds like you have it all figured out. I trust you”. Michael hugged her and then they heard the car pull up in the driveway. Cassie and Michael went and hid in the closet. They could hear two men instead of just their crazy uncle. Cassie was starting to get worried. Then they heard the other voice say “Why do you need to get in this house”. Their uncle responded angrily “I need to get my niece”. The man responded “It doesn’t look like she is home”. Then their uncle smashed up against the door and yelled “That’s just what they want us to think”. The police officer said calmly “Sir I think you should come with me”. Then he was loaded into the police car and taken away to the police station. Michael stood up and quietly walked to the window to see their uncle’s truck there but no uncle and no police car. They went to bed. Cassie drifted into an uneasy sleep. They woke up the next morning to the tow truck towing their uncle’s truck. Michael said “I guess we don’t have to worry about taking him to the court now”. Cassie mumbled “Yeah”. She was still shaken up. Michael gave her a hug and made her some breakfast. Cassie had Michael drive her to school. When she got to school she really just wanted to be alone. Allison walked up to her and Cassie mumbled “Here we go”. Allison pulled Cassie into the girl’s bathroom and made sure they were alone. She yelled “Why did you break Cameron”? Cassie shouted “I just want him to be my best friend. No dating involved”. Allison rolled her eyes and said “You know Cameron is weak-hearted”. Cassie responded “I’m not ready for a relationship yet”. Allison shouted “What about Mason? He doesn’t count”? Cassie whispered “How did you know about that”? Allison mumbled “Cameron saw him at your house”. Cassie left the girls bathroom angrily. She had to find Cameron to make sure he didn’t tell anyone else about her and Mason. She found Cameron at his locker and she whispered “Cameron I know your mad at me but please don’t tell anyone about Mason and please make sure Allison doesn’t either. I have to much stuff going on right now”. Cameron responded “I know I wasn't going to tell anyone else and I’ll ask Allison to keep quiet”. Cassie said “Really. I thought you were mad at me”. Cameron mumbled “No I love you remember”? Cassie said “Right yeah. Thanks Cam” and then left. Cassie could feel Cameron’s eyes on her when she left. She still was not sure that she could trust Cameron to not tell anyone else. “He probably already told the whole school.” Cassie thought. Then she thought “Well I guess not because if he did they would all be questioning me”. She was still unsure but she decided to keep her doubts to herself. She was hoping that Cameron and Allison kept quiet about Mason so no one else found out. Cassie thought about her Dad. She didn’t want Allison or Cameron to tell him. She didn’t even want to tell her Dad that her Mom died. She didn’t want him in her and definitely not Mason’s life. She sat down next to Mason in class. When he smiled she just nodded her head. She thought to yourself “I nodded. Why did I nod”? Mason looked at her and mouthed “Are you ok”? Cassie responded with “Yeah just a little queasy that’s all” to make him think she was fine. Cassie just wanted Mason to ask her to the dance so she could get the stupid thing over with. She wished she wouldn’t have freaked out and said yes the first time. She kept getting concerned looks from Mason. She smiled to assure him she was fine. Mason came up to talk to her after class. “Hey he said”. “Hey” Cassie replied. Cassie smiled. Mason said “Can I ask you a question”? “Sure” Cassie said. Mason said “Ok. I know it’s kind of late but will you go to Spring Formal with me”? Cassie thought “Ok Cassie just one little word” and then said “Yes” with a little smile. Mason sighed and said “Great. I don’t think I would have made it if you said no”. Cassie smiled and quietly said “Aww”. Mason looked at her and they both started laughing. Mason smirked and then they went their separate ways to go to class. Cassie knew she was technically dating Mason but they didn’t really act that much like a couple. She just thought “Maybe all new couples start off this way”. She was so deep in thought she didn’t realize Gage standing right next to her. Cassie moaned “I’m sorry Gage but I am already going to Formal with someone else”. Gage sighed “No hard feelings” then walked off sluggishly. Cassie felt terrible. She had liked Gage for as long as she could remember and she let him go. She felt so stupid. She thought about Mason and got a weird feeling in her stomach. She loved him. She only liked Gage but she loved Mason. She knew what she had to do to make herself feel better. She ran after Gage only to find him asking another girl to the Formal. She walked up anyway and said “Gage I need to tell you that any other day I would have said yes” with a smile on her face. Gage had a smile on his face too when Cassie walked off to find Mason for lunch. She ran up behind Mason and jumped on his back. Mason moaned “Oww” and then after he regrouped he smiled and said “Looks like your in a better mood”. “Mason I suggest you shut up” Cassie said with a smile. Mason laughed. They walked off to lunch together. Allison ran up to Cassie and took pictures of her and Mason holding hands. Cassie spun around and Allison screamed”I bet everybody will want to see these”.Cassie rolled her eyes and yelled “I love Mason and if people need to gossip that bad let them”. Cassie could feel Mason’s smile burning through her skull and her cheeks started to flame up. Allison rolled her eyes and walked off with her face in her phone. Mason opened his mouth to say something and Cassie cut him off with “Don’t even”. They walked off to the lunchroom to find everybody staring at their phones. “Great” Cassie mumbled. Mason squeezed her hand and gave her one of his smiles and said “It’s alright as long as we have each other”. Cassie smiled and they went and sat down at an unoccupied table. The rest of the day fast and Mason took Cassie home. They were standing on Cassie’s porch. Cassie felt like Mason was looking right into her soul. Mason brushed his hand down the side of her cheek. Cassie stood on her tippy toes and kissed him. Cassie pulled away and said “Bye Mason”. The next day which was Saturday Cassie realized that the Spring Formal was on Friday and she still didn’t even have a dress. Now that she didn’t have Allison she figured she would go by herself. She showed up at the mall and she saw Allison with Brianna the girl they both hated until Allison left Cassie. They were looking at the most gorgeous dress Cassie had ever seen. Cassie walked over checked the tag and it was exactly her size. It was black at the torso and faded into red towards the legs. It was all frilly at the bottom and was exactly Cassie’s shade of red. Allison and Brianna stared as Cassie checked the price tag. She took the dress off the rack and went to try it on. It fit Cassie perfectly. She took it off and carried it to the checkout counter. She pulled out the money her Mom had left her to get a dress. She purchased the dress and on her way out of the store gave a little wave to Allison and Brianna. When she got home Michael was packing up his suitcase. “Michael what’s going on?” Cassie asked. I’m leaving for a few days to deal with the Uncle Richard situation”. Michael answered. Cassie squeaked “Please be careful Michael I don’t want you to get hurt”. Michael smiled and said “I am going to be fine you just stay here and take care of yourself”. Cassie wanted everything to go away for awhile. She just wanted a life where it was her and Mason. She thought to herself “It’s time to rock the socks off of the Spring Formal”. “Here I am” Cassie thought to herself “Time to get ready for Spring Formal”. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. “Mom would want me to be happy” she said tearing up. She carefully wiped the tears and put on her Mom’s pearl necklace. Mason rung the doorbell. Cassie rushed down the stairs and opened the door. Mason smirked and asked “Excited to see me huh” and then said “You look amazing” Cassie smiled and whispered in his year “You too” and then playfully yanked on his tie. Mason and Cassie got in the car and drove to the dance where the real trouble began.

They arrived in the school parking lot to see a group of kids swarming a guy on a motorcycle. Mason breathed “Oh so now he decides to show up”. Cassie asked “Who Mase”? He answered “My brother Liam”. Liam saw Cassie and gave her a smirk that sent chills all throughout her body. Mason looked at her to make sure she wasn’t reacting but he must have seen right through Cassie because Mason grabbed her and took her inside. Later Cassie went to get some air and turned around to see Liam standing there. “Hey” he said smiling. Cassie replied “Hey” with no reaction. Liam rubbed his head covered in jet-black hair and she looked into his green eyes and felt her face getting hot. She shot back around and looked around again “OMG”! She said to herself. Liam said “Do I make you nervous peaches”? Cassie shot back “No why would you think that”? Liam just laughed at her and rubbed his head again. Liam got as close as Cassie thought possible and he whispered in her ear “Don’t think about me to much” and then walked away chuckling. She had the urge to chase after him but decided to just stay where she was. “Liam” she yelled silently in her head and then out of nowhere it slipped out “Liam” she yelled. He turned around and started walking her way. When he got back to her he said “Come on let’s go back in” Cassie just nodded in response. Liam asked Cassie to dance and she said “yes”. While they were dancing Liam leaned closer and Cassie looked at him right when he did and their lips grazed each other’s. They pulled back and exchanged a look and then went back in for a non-accidental kiss. Cassie felt like she was floating and then they were cut short by Mason. He said “I can’t believe you Liam! She is my girl.” Liam answered calmly “I think that’s for her to decide”. There was a moment of silence and Mason said “Well Cassie do I mean anything to you”? “Mase I don’t know ok I think I need a break from both of you” Cassie said and then left to get some air. Liam whispered under his breath “A break we didn’t even start”. Mason looked upset and then started following Cassie out. Liam yelled “Mason no she needs space let her be”. Mason couldn’t believe it but Liam was actually right. After awhile Liam went outside and found what he didn’t know he was looking for. “Liam” Cassie mumbled. Liam said “Hey I didn’t know you were out here but since you are can I tell you some reasons to pick me?” “Oh my god you guys want me to pick between you?” Cassie squealed. Liam replied with “Well yeah kind of” Cassie sighed and said “Ok”. Liam walked closer to her. He got so close and then said “Reason number one I won’t ever let you fall” he picked her up and she wrapped her legs around him. “Reason number two” he set her back down and kissed her. Cassie was shocked. “Liam I don’t know” she said. Liam responded “Well I can’t change your mind I don’t have a reason three”. That made Cassie laugh. Liam smiled at her laughing and that made Cassie’s face get hot. “Liam Cassie said what am I going to do about Mason?” Liam quickly responded with “Let me handle it” and then he said “Before you decide you should know I’m not really looking for a relationship”. Cassie felt like she got hit by a rocket and responded with “yyyour not”?? Liam shook his head in response. Cassie lied and said “That’s ok with me”. Liam said “Ok then” with a smile on his face. Liam said “Come on let’s ditch this place and go somewhere. Cassie liked the sound of that and nodded.  Cassie hopped on his motorcycle and Liam sat behind her. When they came to a stop Cassie said “Whose house is this?” Liam said “Mine”. Cassie shot “You have your own house?” Liam nodded. They went inside. Liam got some wine out of the fridge and poured 2 glasses. Cassie laughed. Liam walked over to her and gave her her glass. When Liam was taking a sip she tipped the glass up farther and some of it went on his shirt. Liam said “Ohh you asked for it now”. Cassie was laughing but stopped when Liam took his shirt off. He got up and threw it in the washer. He came back still shirtless. Cassie said trying not to blush “I think you should go put a shirt on”. He laughed and said “You too don’t you wanna get out of that dress?” Cassie said “I guess so”. She followed Liam to his room and he handed her a shirt and some shorts “Here ya go” he said. Cassie said “Thanks where is the bathroom”. Liam said trying to get a shirt “Down the hall to the right”. Cassie walked out and went to the bathroom and when she came back Liam’s jaw dropped he said “You look better in my clothes than I do”. That made Cassie blush. She just stood there hoping it was dark enough that Liam wouldn’t see but he was looking somewhere else. He was looking Cassie up and down and then said “Come here”. Cassie did and Liam grabbed her and pulled her close to him. Cassie kissed him and she could feel Liam’s lips smiling. He picked her up and started walking. He didn’t go far before he stopped kissing her and sat her down on his bed. He sat down too. Cassie couldn’t control herself and kissed him again. They were there like that for what seemed like ages when Liam grabbed her and flopped down so they were laying on the bed with Cassie on top of him. Cassie didn’t know what was going to happen but whatever it was she wanted it to. Liam grabbed her and then they just laid there and cuddled until they fell asleep. “Morning” they both said to each other when they woke up. Cassie said “Hmm I am not surprised with what happened”. Liam said “What is that supposed to mean. Cassie got up started running and then yelled “You gotta catch me to find out”. When Liam caught up to her he turned her around fast and their faces were just inches apart. Cassie filled the gap and kissed him. Liam pulled away and said “Hey don’t try to distract me what did you mean?” Cassie laughed and said “Well you know you kind of have a bad boy reputation”. Liam looked hurt but then laughed and kissed her again. Cassie pulled away and said “I wouldn’t be doing this with Mason”. Liam said “No no you would not”. They stood there staring at each other while Cassie thought to herself “I am his property now” and then someone knocked on the door. Cassie ran while Liam went and answered it in his underwear. Cassie heard Mason’s voice say “I’m surprised your up this early on a Saturday”. Cassie changed back into Liam’s clothes and thought “Well I might as well tell him now”. She walked out and heard Mason say “Liam do me a favor and stay away from Cassie”. Liam smiled and said “That’s gonna be hard for me”. Cassie poked her head out the door and saw Mason. He said “What the hell why are you wearing his clothes. Please don’t tell me you” Cassie cut him off and nodded. Mason got angry and said “Don’t talk to me don’t call me I don’t want to see you again” and then left. Liam shut the door and slyly said “Well now we got that out of the way” Cassie nodded she felt terrible but one smile from Liam was all she needed to forget. They walked back up to Liam’s room and sat on the bed. Liam said “I am gonna go take a shower. The other bathroom is down stairs so you can take one too if you want.” Cassie laughed and nodded. After they showered Cassie and Liam watched a movie at his house. It was a scary movie. Cassie kept curling into Liam’s stomach not because she was scared but because it was gross. “Scared” Liam said. “No it’s gross” she said. Liam laughed and wrapped his muscular arms around her. She felt safe. She started tracing her finger up and down Liam’s stomach and he cleared his throat. Cassie laughed and kissed his stomach. Liam was obviously losing it and Cassie started tickling him. “STOP CASSIE” he yelled. Cassie didn’t stop so Liam picked her up threw her on the other couch and got on top of her. He smiled and said “This is what you get for not stopping. You made me look like a fool so now it’s payback time.” He grabbed her arms in one hand and pushed them behind her head. He started kissing her stomach and her arms and her neck until he made it to her lips. They were laying there kissing for like a year it felt like so Cassie said “Liam get off”. He didn’t budge and Cassie pushed him off the couch. She looked over the edge of the couch and laughed. Upside down Cassie kissed him and then Liam pulled her down to and sat her on his lap. He kissed her and they only stopped when the mailman came to the door. Cassie heard Liam say “Thanks” and then he came back in the living room and said “Cassie I think I’m falling for you”. Cassie laughed and said “Yeah right Mr. I don’t want anything serious”. Liam smiled and pulled her off the ground. “You hungry” he said. Cassie replied with “Starving”. They both laughed. Liam made them both some spaghetti. Cassie said “Wow he cooks to”. He replied with “Only for you my queen”. Cassie laughed. After they were done eating Liam said “What’s your address I’ll take you home.” Cassie gave it to him and went to get her dress. “Liam I’ll bring you your clothes Monday” Cassie said. He replied with “Nah I can’t wear them anymore knowing how good they look on you. Keep them”. Cassie got on his motorcycle and he drove her home. She invited Liam inside because Michael wouldn’t be home until next Sunday night. She took Liam to her room and they sat on the bed together. Liam kissed her and then Cassie laughed and said “I have never had a boy in this room before”. Liam laughed and said “You were the first in my room too”. “I usually go to their house” he said. Cassie pushed him down on the bed but they just laid there together. They looked out Cassie’s sky roof up into the stars. Cassie looked at Liam. Liam was still looking up in the sky. Cassie snuggled up to Liam and fell asleep. He looked at her and turned his body towards her kissed her on the forehead and wrapped his arms around her. After awhile he fell asleep too. When Cassie woke up Liam was laying there stroking her up and down then said “You know I didn’t intend on sleeping with you yet but you were just so convincing I had to”. Cassie laughed. Liam said “I should probably go”. Cassie nodded and they said their goodbyes. When Cassie got back to her room she realized Liam forgot his leather jacket. The next day she put on a black belly shirt some black jeans and Liam’s leather jacket. She added some cherry red lipstick and went to school. When she got there all the guys were staring at her but she only wanted one person’s attention. When she walked by Liam he did a double take. “Cassie come here” he yelled. When she walked over Liam said “That is hot but you don’t have to change your style for me”. Cassie said “ Liam I’m not this is how the me before Mason always dressed and she never would have woken up if it weren’t for your jacket which your never getting back by the way”. Liam laughed. He smirked and said “I like this side of you Cassie Fole” and then kissed her in front of the whole school. They were getting weird glances partly because of Cassie’s appearance but also because she wasn’t kissing Mason. Liam pushed her into the janitor’s closet and shut the door. He said “Oh my god Cassie”. Cassie laughed and said “What?” He answered “Your not going to be like this everyday are you?” She answered “Nah I am just trying to prove a point but I am going to be like this until midnight”. That made Liam smile and he walked up to her and pushed her into the wall. He kissed her. “Cassie” Liam whispered. Cassie said “I can’t handle myself right now”. They both started laughing and Liam said “Yeah your a little much today”. Cassie replied “Yeah I don’t even feel like myself”. She told Liam to turn around and she changed into Liam’s shirt but kept her pants on because Liam’s shorts were to big. She put the jacket back on told Liam he could turn around. He walked up to Cassie and rubbed the lipstick off of her mouth. He stared into her eyes and said “You didn’t need that”. She said “Liam Knightly are you falling in love with me?” What he said next shocked Cassie near to death “Yes Cassie Fole I am in love with you” he said. Cassie said “What?!?!? You are?” He nodded and kissed her. He said “Cassie Fole will you be my girlfriend?" “Liam are you being serious” Cassie asked. Liam said “Yes Cassie I don’t want to share you with anyone”. Cassie said “Then yes”.Liam took her hand and they ran out to his motorcycle and rode off. They stopped under a bridge. He took Cassie up inside the bridge and said “I have never had a girlfriend before”. Cassie said “Well you sure know how to impress a girl that’s for sure”. Then it hit her “Liam we graduate in three months what are we going to do?” “Hey let’s not worry about that right now”. They sat there for a long time and then got to school. Her and Liam had art. Liam flung paint at her paint shirt that she put on so she wouldn’t ruin Liam’s jacket or shirt. It got in her eyes. She went to the locker room to wash up. When she got in there a low voice cleared it’s throat. She looked towards the noise and realized she was in the boys locker room. A guy with black hair and blue eyes stood there with only a towel wrapped around him to cover his parts. He smirked and asked “You like what you see?” Cassie looked away and the guy laughed at her. He asked “Who are you you little firecracker”? Cassie answered “Cassie Cassie Fole and you are”? He answered “I will tell ya when I want you to know. Now do you need help getting that paint out of your eyes”? Cassie answered “No I got it”and then stormed out of the locker room. She ran into Liam and said “Oh yeah I couldn’t see and went in the wrong room so I am gonna go in here now.” Liam laughed but then it went away when he walked in the locker room and saw a guy wrapped in a towel. The guy turned around and said “Oh sup man I thought you were gonna be a girl. A chic just came in here with paint in her eyes”. Liam said “Oh yeah what did ya say to her?” “I just teased her for going in the wrong door that’s all. Why??” Liam calmly answered “Well cuz if you said anything else I might of had to kick your ass.” “Why she your sister or something?” “No she is my girlfriend”. “Oh well in that case she seemed interested in me”. Liam said “Yeah right”. He swung his fist but the dude caught it. “Hey bud let’s not do this ok”. Liam swung again. The dude caught it again. “Ok bud seriously you done”? The dude swung and hit Liam square in the face. He fell to the ground and the dude helped him back up. “Cya bud”. The dude walked towards the door. Liam took a swing and the dude side swiped and Liam fell on the floor. The mystery guy left the locker room just in time to see Cassie walk out. Cassie saw him and turned to walk back in the locker room but the guy grabbed her and twisted her back around. He kissed her. Cassie exploded inside. He was a great kisser. He pulled away and said “The name’s Black Collin Black”.

He smirked and walked off. Cassie was still standing there in shock when Liam came out of the locker room. He had toilet paper in his nose. “Babe What happened?!?” He answered “That dude in the locker room happened”. Cassie said “He punched you?!?” Liam answered no I started it. He said he didn’t want to fight but I didn’t care I wanted to kick his butt. “Why?” Cassie asked. Liam said “Cuz he hurt you”. “Liam no he didn’t” “Babe yes he did”!! “Liam I don’t know how to get it through your head. He didn’t hurt me and if you don’t understand that then we have to breakup.” “Babe I don’t want him talking to you”. “Ok Liam we are done you are making way to big a deal out of this. He didn’t hurt me and I can’t date someone who is gonna get jealous and accuse people of stuff. Bye”. Collin was over laughing in the corner. Cassie saw him and ran up to him. Collin said “Did you come back for more?” Cassie said “No!!! You have nerve punching my now ex boyfriend. Ugh I just want to punch you”!! Collin answered “Ok go ahead” and then thought to himself “She can’t hurt me if Liam can’t” then stretched out his arms so his gut was right open. Cassie took a fake swing at the gut and then punched him in the face. “Shit” Cassie thought. Collin said “Damn you can punch.” He rubbed his jaw and said “Most girls can’t hit me because I am too pretty to hurt.” Cassie said “Nah your not pretty”. Collin started glaring at her and then started smiling and said “Yeah we’ll see about that kitty”. Cassie blushed. Collin laughed and walked away rubbing his jaw. Cassie walked into the History room to see that Collin’s assigned seat was right next to hers. He smiled and mouthed “Hi Kitty”. Cassie sat down and ignored his little comment. About half way through class Collin slipped her a note that said “I bet you are thinking about me.” Cassie stayed calm and crumpled it up. She wrote a note back that said “I think your the one thinking about me otherwise why would you have wrote me the note Collie”. Collin was shocked at the note. Eventually he wrote one back that said “DON’T CALL ME COLLIE!!!!!” Cassie immediately wrote one back that said “Glad to know it bothers you Collie”. He looked annoyed and then got the idea smile on his face. He stood up and said “Mr. M I forgot Cassie was supposed to take me to the office to check some stuff can we go”? Mr. M said “Well of course”. Collin answered “Ok thanks. Come on Cassie”. Cassie angrily got up and went with him. When they got far enough away from the classroom Collin said “I won Kitty”. Cassie answered “No you lost because you surrendered by leaving”. Collin glared at her and got another idea. Before Cassie could do anything he grabbed her hand and dragged her into an empty classroom. “Collin”!!!! Collin picked her up and he said “What kitty”? “Collie put me down.” He set her down on the table and said “Stop calling me that or else”! Cassie mocked him and said “Or else what Collie”? Collin kissed her. Cassie said “Collie what the heck”? He answered “I had to get you to shut up somehow. See it worked”. They stared at each other for a while and then Cassie moved a little closer and pretended like she was gonna kiss him but then whispered “Aww does Collie have a crush on me” in his ear. Collin whispered back “In your dreams and kissed her ear”. He pulled back and started laughing. He said “Who won now kitty”? Cassie kicked him in the nuts and said “Me”. She tried to leave the classroom but Konner grabbed her arm and said “Owww” Cassie said “You can’t hit a girl”. “Oh I am not gonna hit you Kitty. For that you have to go Prom with me”. Cassie shrieked “Noo way and why”? Collin said “1 I want you to go with me so that I can tell everyone I already have a date. 2 You just kicked me in the privates so you owe me and 3 if you say no I will go tell the principal you kicked me and punched me.” Cassie was terrified and that is the only reason she said “Fine”. Collin said “That means you have to pretend to date me so I have a reason to ask you.” Cassie answered “Fine Collie wonny”. The bell rang. Collin pushed her out of the room and Cassie tried to calmly walk away but Collin grabbed her and turned her around. He stared at her smiling for a while and then kissed her. Cassie kissed back so it didn’t look like force but when she felt Collin push harder into her lips and move closer to her body so she dug her nails into his neck. Collin said “What the heck Kitty”? Cassie said “You can’t do that”! Collin said “Cassie I have kissed you before”! Cassie said “You kiss kissed me.” Somehow Collin read through it and said “I did not”! “You did too I felt….” Collin pulled her in the janitor’s closet. “Cassie it makes it look more real if we look more into it”. Cassie said “Yeah your right I just haven’t been kissed like that in a long time”. Konner said “Is that a good thing kitty and also did we just agree”? Cassie said “Yes and don’t get used to it”. “Cassie why are you sad”? She said “Huh? Oh i’m not”. Collin grabbed her shoulders and kissed her and it wasn’t like the other kisses they had shared this one had feelings attached to it. Collin finally pulled away and said “I’m sorry I made you uncomfortable when we kissed in the hall”. Cassie kissed him and said “Your forgiven. My boyfriend a couple years ago not Liam kissed me like that before….. He left me. His name was Lukas.” Collin put his hands on Cassie’s face and said “Well I am not Lukas am I”? Cassie laughed and pulled Collin out of the closet. She pulled him to her car and drove to her house. When they got there Collin waited downstairs while Cassie went upstairs. Collin thought to himself “We hated each other this morning. Snap out of it Collie. No Collin.” Just then Cassie came downstairs with a photo album. She sat down on the couch and patted the empty seat next to her. Collin came and sat down next to her. She said “This is a picture of Lukas. You look just like him. See.” Collin saw the resemblance and understood why it made her so upset when he kissed her like that. Collin said “Wow kitty you know how to pick em”. “Your just saying that because he looks like you.” “Yeah maybe” Collin said. They looked at each other and then Cassie said we are already at home so you wanna watch a movie?” Collin said “sure”. Cassie found IT on Netflix so that is what they watched. About halfway through the movie Collin noticed she was scared so he wrapped his arms around her. Cassie moved closer to him and laid on his shoulder. Collin thought to himself “My god what is she doing to me and how does she smell so good”? He tightened his grip on Cassie. Cassie looked up at Collin and Collin out of nowhere kissed her on the forehead. “Collin”? He replied “Shh” and hugged her closer to his body. They woke up the next morning still sitting like that. Collin said “Cassie about last…..” Cassie cut him off and said “Please don’t take it back and say you regret it because I don’t. Please just hold me”. Collin said “That’s not what I was gonna say Kitty. I was gonna say that I never wanted it to end.” Cassie looked up at him and kissed him and Collin kissed her back. “Hey kitty you wanna come somewhere with me tonight.”? Cassie answered “Where”? “A club with me and my friends”? Cassie said “Yeah only if you buy me a drink”. Collin laughed. “Ok”. They sat there for five more minutes and then Cassie took Collin to school in her car. They had to go to the office and explain why they were gone the afternoon before. Later that night at the club Collin’s friends said “Guys I haven’t seen him this happy with a girl well since ever”. When they were leaving they had a hard time getting Collin in the car because he was wasted. Collin’s friends yelled “Hey Cassie can you come try to tell him it’s time to leave.” “Collin come on buddy” Cassie said. Collin bounced up and said “Ok your pretty”. Cassie blushed and then told herself “He’s wasted it’s not the same from him.” Cassie brought Collin back to her house so that she could take care of him. Collin yelled “CASSIE ARE YOU MY GIRLFRIEND”????? Cassie walked up to her room where he was and said “No Collin”. Collin sighed and said “I am going to tell you something Cassie. I got drunk just so I could tell you this. I have a crush on you and when I wake up tomorrow I am going to try and deny it but you have to ask” and then he passed out. The next morning Cassie asked Collin “Do you like me Collie”? He answered “My drunk ass probably told you I did yesterday so I am not going to try and deny it I like you Cassie”. Cassie was shocked and said “I like you too Collie”. He stood up and kissed Cassie like he did in the janitor’s closet. The next day at school Cassie was talking to Curt Avery and Collin saw it. He gave one look to him from behind Cassie and he told Cassie he had to go. Cassie turned around to see Collin standing there. “Hey Collie” she said. Collin said “Why were you talking to him?” “Collin calm down” she said as she grabbed his face and kissed him. Then Collin said “Ok I won’t do that if you only talk to guy teachers and me for guys”. “Collie are you jealous.” “Yes I am now please agree to the deal oh and you have to kiss me in front of everyone.” Cassie said “Well it sounds like the only perks are for you in this deal. What’s in it for me.” “Duh you get to kiss me and I will be happy and if I am happy you could be happy too if you know what I mean”. “COLLIN!!!! Fine I will do the deal if you never say that again.” Collin said “I’m just saying I tend to make girls happy”. Cassie glared at him. “Ok ok deal” he said. Cassie said “Ok then come here”. She dragged him into the middle of the hallway and then kissed him hard. Collin said “See that was great wasn’t it”. He leaned in for another kiss but Cassie pushed him off. “Cassie come back please”!! Cassie turned around and walked towards him. She shoved him in an old abandoned classroom. Collin said “Heyy”. “Collin I am not kidding if you don’t shut up I am just gonna have to kiss you again.” Collin sang “LALALALALALALALA” Cassie laughed and kissed him. After school Konner and Cassie went shopping for a dress and something slightly fancy for Collin. Collin mumbled “Do we have to be here we could just go to my house and wear nothing”. He pulled on Cassie’s belt loop. “Collin knock it off or I am dumping you”. He shut up the rest of the shopping trip. At three they were done so they went to Konner’s house. Cassie said “Collin Prom is tomorrow you know that right”? He said “Yeah”. They sat down on the couch and Collin said “But let’s just focus on today right now. He kissed her. Cassie said “Why are you acting so weird Collie”? His answer was “Because I don’t have to share you and your mine and i’m yours”. Cassie smiled and crawled on his lap. She turned around and kissed him. She whispered “That was really cheesy”. He said “I know but it worked right”? She sat next to him and pretended to ignore him. “Kitty”? She ran up the stairs to Collin’s room and hid behind the door. He checked every room and then came in his room and said “Kitty where are you”? When he came in the room far enough she jumped on his back and he grabbed her and swung her around to his front. He kissed her and said “Your trapped now kitty”. Cassie said “Am I” and then kissed him so hard he fell over. She got up and laughed at him. Then she laid on his bed and waited for him to get up. He crawled up on the bed and laid next to Cassie. He said “Cassie I love you”. He waited for an answer but when he looked at Cassie she was sleeping. He gave her a hug. They woke up and Cassie yelled “It’s Saturday and Prom day!!” Collin smirked as she danced around like a ballerina. Then she fell over and Collin leaped out of bed to see if she was ok. He pulled her off the ground and Cassie said “Your strong Collie”. He laughed and said “That’s why I know no boys are going to try and get with you because they know I can beat them up”. He flexed and kissed his bicep. That made Cassie laugh and she saw a tattoo on his shoulder. Cassie took off his shirt so she could see it. “Whoa kitty what are you doing”? She felt where his tattoo was it went from the top of his bicep down to his shoulder blade. “Kitty”? He said. It was a rose with thorny vines. She pulled his shirt back on and said “I like your tattoo.” He answered “Oh I have one on my right shoulder too. He took his shirt back off and pointed to it. It was a word. It said Peace. He said “You saw them when we first met didn’t you”? “No I was to busy freaking out”. They both started laughing. They hung out the whole day until they had to get ready for Prom. When they were ready they got in Collin’s car and drove to prom. They went and got drinks and then they were gonna announce prom King and Queen. “This year’s King and Queen are Collin Black and drum roll please… Cassie Fole!!!!” Her and Collin went to get their crowns and then they were dancing. Cassie said “Your a good dancer Collin.” He whispered in her ear “I’m even…..” “Give it up for our King and QUEEN!!!!!” Cassie said “What did you want to say to me Collie”. He said “Oh nothing”. They danced. They talked and laughed. Collin got jealous when Cassie danced with other boys. He was picturing him and Cassie at his house the night before and all the other nights. Cassie walked up to him and asked “How are you maintaining your jealousy Collie.” He answered “Do you really want to know”. She said “Nope”. Later they went back to Konner’s house and Cassie said “I forgot the clothes I was gonna change into in my car”. Collin said “Come with me I bet I can find you something in my closet”. Cassie nodded and followed him into the closet. She changed into the sweatpants and shirt Collin gave her. He gasped when he saw her. “You look good in clothes kitty”. Cassie walked over and asked “When is this shirt from?” He answered “I got it when I was 12. She said “Oh that’s why it fits so good”. He walked slowly over to Cassie and said “I am so lucky”. He was going in for a kiss and Cassie ran to his bed. He smirked and followed her. They sat on his bed for a while and Collin said “I’m gonna kiss you now.” She said “No complaints here.” He kissed her and then laid down and put Cassie on top of him. She kissed his neck and then Collin flipped on top of her. He took his shirt off and then took Cassie’s off too. Collin looked for a sign that she wanted him to stop but there wasn’t one. The next morning Collin woke up with Cassie looking at him. “Hey how did you sleep” he said with a confident smile on his face. She said “Good”. He answered “Only good”? Cassie laughed and nodded. “Hey you wanna go to my house tonight”? He answered “Sure”. Later that night Cassie opened the door to her house and yelled “Hey Michael you home”? Collin asked “Whose Michael”? She answered “My boyfriend”. Collin said “Are you kidding me”??? Cassie said “Yes he’s my brother.” “Good because I was about to go crazy.” Cassie laughed. Michael came down the stairs and confused he asked “Lukas how did you get here”. Cassie said “Michael this is Collin not Lukas. They look alike I know but Collin not Lukas”. Michael responded “Oh hey man. Cassie I am leaving again like right now and won’t be back until Saturday.” “Ok bye Michael”. He left and Collin said “Did you hear that six whole days.” Cassie laughed and said “In your dreams Collie”. He answered “Don’t be so mean to me kitty I am strong and pretty remember”? She shot “Yeah but I am stronger and prettier.” He replied with “Is that so”? He grabbed her by the hand and pulled her into the room he assumed was hers and immediately sat her on the bed. He took his shirt off. Cassie said “What are you doing”? He answered “I have one more tattoo that I think it’s time for you to know about”. She looked and saw a tattoo at the waistline of his shorts. When she read the name she did a double take.She stuttered “Lu Lu Luk Lukas???? Collin what the hell is going on. How do you know Lukas or are you Lukas. Collin are you Lukas”? “No babe Lukas is he’s well he’s my cousin”. “Collin why didn’t you tell me right away”? “Babe I was so shocked when I saw the picture I didn’t know what to do”. “Collin I need some time to think about this”. He mumbled “Cassie”. “Collin leave please”. He stood there for awhile. Cassie shrieked “Leave Collin”. He got his shirt and left. The next day Collin wasn’t at school or the day after that. It got ot the point where they were gonna hold him back because his attendance was so low. Then one day he made sure Cassie wasn’t home and went to her house to talk to Michael. When he got there at first Michael was confused but as soon as he let Collin in he told him what had happened and he responded with “Well you love my sister right man”? He answered “Yes”. Michael sighed and said “Well than you have to do something to show her you made a mistake. Like take this weekend for example. She always goes to the beach on the weekend unless she’s with a guy so then is a good time to tell her you messed up”. Collin said “Ok. Thanks man”. Collin left Cassie’s house and started to make a plan. The next day he got up early and went to the beach to set everything up. He waited almost all day and was about to give up when she saw her walking towards him. He stood there and waited for her to get to him. She stopped about 20 yards away from him and had a slight smile on her face like she was just happy he wasn’t dead. He filled the space between them and before she could run off calmly grabbed her shoulders. He sighed and said “Cassie you have every right to be mad at me but please hear me out.” She nodded. He continued “People make mistakes Kitty and I made a huge one but the thing that I love so much about you is that your forgiving even when your dumb boyfriend doesn’t tell you he was related to your ex. I don’t want to keep making mistakes but I am going to and I want to make them with you by my side. So what do you say Kitty am I forgiven”? Cassie nodded her head and cried into Collin’s shoulder. “I love you Cassie”. “I love you too Collie”. She kissed him. Since they were already there they decided to hang at the beach. They sat there fingers interlaced and watch the sun go down. They even stayed after too. They didn’t want the day to end but it had to. When Collin brought Cassie home and said goodbye she couldn’t help but lay in bed and think “Out of my three relationships this year Collin is definitely the best thing that has happened to me this year”. The next day was the last day of her junior year so she had to get some sleep. When she got to school she checked out early and texted Collin to meet her in the classroom where it all started. They sat in there and talked about how they would see each other all summer. After school was over. Cassie and Collin went their separate ways. The summer went by fast Collin Cassie Cassie and Collin but the school year went by even faster it was already prom night and Cassie was getting picked up by Collin. When he picked her up he said “Every day I fall more and more in love with you”. They had the time of their lives dancing and laughing and enjoying themselves at their last Prom ever. At the end of the prom however Cassie saw something she never thought she would see again.

She saw Lukas walking around like if he didn’t find want he was looking for he would never leave. Finally he stopped 10 feet away from Cassie and said “Hey can we talk”? Cassie answered “What’s there to talk about Lukas”? Then Collin walked up behind her and said “What the hell are you doing here Luke”? “Collin”???? He asked. “Yeah. I am her boyfriend”. Lukas smiled and said “Wow Cassie. My cousin really”? Cassie shot angrily “You have no right to judge me after you just got up and left me like your dirty laundry and I didn’t even know you were related until about a year ago and not caring if I ever saw you again I didn’t care.” “Cassie I just wanted to say that I am and was truly sorry but I have moved on”. Cassie just nodded and pointed at Collin.

Collin spun her around and said “What do you say we get out of here”? Cassie nodded and they went outside. Collin lit a cigarette and Cassie grabbed it from him and took a puff. Collin looked at Cassie suspicious laughed and then lit another one. Collin finally said “Alright let’s go” and then took her to his car. They drove to his house and as soon as they got got inside Collin pushed her up against the wall and kissed her. They stayed there for awhile and then Collin took her up to his room and sat on the bed. Collin took his tie off and said “I hate these things” and threw it at Cassie. He kissed her again and then unzipped her zipper and said “It’s scratching my stomach through my shirt” smirking. Cassie pushed him over and undid his buttons. He took off his shirt and Cassie got out of her dress. Collin stared at her. Cassie got into bed beside him and wrapped herself up in the blanket. She said “Your room is freezing”. Collin answered “Maybe I have it that way on purpose so you will snuggle up to me plus your body is so hot you shouldn’t have any problem”. Cassie was lucky it was dark because she was blushing. Collin kissed her and said “I love you Cassie”. Cassie replied “I love you too.” When they woke up the next morning Collin said “Cassie it’s the last day of our senior year. What are we going to do now”? Cassie answered “We are gonna have to go our separate ways.” Collin nodded sadly in agreement knowing she was right and said “Let’s focus on our last day being a couple at school because after school we have a week before we both go off to college to get settled in.” Cassie nodded.  All day at school they hung out and in between classes reenacted how they first met. They were inseparable until the final bell rung and ruined it all. The next week flew by in a blur. Collin and Cassie were saying their goodbyes at the airport. “Cassie my plane I have to leave soon.” “Me too” Cassie said with tears in her eyes. Collin wiped them and then kissed her. They had been kissing for what seemed like hours when they called for both of there flights “Second Call for flights A and D”. Collin said “Until we meet again. Cassie hugged him and repeated “Until we meet again”. They walked away and went to their flights. They both turned around and glanced at each other for one final wave and then got on their planes. Cassie thought “Maybe it will work out” and then went off to college. Now I guess you’ll have to wait until I come back to continue the story to find out won’t ya? Well I hoped you enjoyed me telling the story of Cassie and Collin. Bye!



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.