Love of Eternity Chapter 2 | Teen Ink

Love of Eternity Chapter 2

July 19, 2018
By Bagel04 GOLD, Kingsville, Texas
More by this author
Bagel04 GOLD, Kingsville, Texas
13 articles 0 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none" ~ William Shakespeare
" To be, or not to be: that is the question..." ~ William Shakespeare


*Thursday at school/Lunch...* “ So, Dest, what's up with you and that new exchange student, Zayn,” Sierra teased, as she took a seat across from me. I rolled my eyes with a smile, and said, “ He's just trying to prove to me that he's not a player, that's all.” “ Oh, really? 'Cause to me, it looked like you like him,” Alexis smiled. I looked down to my food, to hide my blush. “ Well, why don't Alex and I get to know Zayn, shall we,” Sierra laughed, looking over my shoulder. I followed her gaze and saw that she was looking at Zayn. Before I could stop her, she waved Zayn over to our table. “ Hey, Destiny,” Zayn smiled. As he gave me a kiss on the cheek, I swear, I could hear Sierra and Alex gasp. “ Hey,” I smiled back, “ Um, Zayn, this is Sierra and Alexis. They're crazy and annoying, but they're my best friends.” “ Nice to meet you guys,” Zayn smiled. “ It's so nice to finally meet my best friend's boyfriend,” Sierra laughed. I covered my face with my hair, and said, “ Ignore her, Zayn. She's obsessed.” As he took a seat next to me, Sierra winked at me, with a teasing smile. “ Stop it,” I mouthed at her. Suddenly, I felt Zayn's hand around my waist, pulling me closer to him. We were sitting so close, our hips were practically glued together. Then, without thinking twice about it, I rested my head on Zayn's shoulder, as he ran his fingers through my hair. “ Aw, I can't help it. You guys are so cute together,” Alexis giggled. “ I think so, too, Alex” Zayn chuckled. “ I need a picture of you guys,” Alex smiled, pulling her phone out of her pocket.

As Alex took pictures of me and Zayn, Sierra instructed us to do different positions and expressions. “ OK, now, kiss him, Dest,” Sierra giggled. I looked at Zayn and blushed. “ I think Alex has enough pictures already,” I said sheepishly, dropping my head to hide my face. “ Wait,” Zayn said, lifting my chin, to meet his eyes. He smirked at me, then slowly leaned down to kiss me. I heard Alexis's camera shutter, but I didn't pull away from Zayn. As we kissed, I heard people whistle and hoot, but I didn't care. My only thoughts were of Zayn's, ice-cold lips, firmly pressed against mine. When Zayn and I finally pulled back, Sierra laughed, “ Whoo-hoo, Dest. Not bad for your first kiss, huh?” “ Shut up,” I giggled, resting my head on Zayn's shoulder. “ Glad I could be your first,” Zayn whispered in my ear. I looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back and lightly kissed the tip of my nose.

* School courtyard * “ OK, Dest, tell me honestly. Do you, or do you not like Zayn? And I mean really like him,” Sierra asked, as we exited the school. I didn't have to think twice about this, “ I do.” “ Your first boyfriend! I'm so happy for you,” Sierra squealed, as she and Alexis jumped up and down, like two little kids in a candy store. Then, a red Tahoe approached in front of the school, and I knew it was Alexis's mom who came to pick up her and Sierra. We said our good-byes and I watched as they drove off. “ Hey, you,” someone said, hugging me from behind, and I knew it was Zayn. “ Hey,” I smiled, turning around to face him. Then, I noticed that his eyes were no longer a golden brown. Instead, they were coal black. “ Do your eyes change color often,” I asked. He looked at me, perplexed, but didn't answer. “ What,” I asked. He shook his head and said, “ Nothing, it's just...” “ Are you OK,” I asked, testing his forehead for any sigh of a fever. “ I'm fine,” he replied, taking my hand in his. “ Are you sure? No fever? You're not feeling nauseous? Nothing at all,” I asked. “ Trust me. I'm fine,” he smiled. “ I should get going. I'll see you, tomorrow,” I said. As I was about to walk home, I kissed Zayn and told him to be safe. “ Yes ma'am,” he chuckled, giving me a reassuring hug.

As I was walking through the school parking lot, I kept thinking about Zayn's sudden change of eye color. How is that even possible? Colored lenses? Maybe just a trick of the eye, I wondered. I was so lost in thought, I didn't even notice Zayn shouting my name. It all happened so fast. I'm walking past all the parked vehicles, then, I turn around, and see a van coming right for me. The next thing I know, Zayn is right between me and the van. I look over his shoulder and see that the van has a huge dent on the side of it, and right on top of the dent, is Zayn's hand. Impossible, I gasped to myself. I stared at Zayn for a while, before struggling out of his grip, and scrambling to my feet. Then, a guy, with bright-red hair and baggy jeans, came over and asked, “ Are you guys OK?” “ We're fine,” Zayn replied. “ Are you sure? No one's bleeding? Nothing broken,” the guy asked, frantically. “ Really, we're perfectly fine,” Zayn said. “ I'm gonna be late,” the guy said, looking at his watch. “ You go ahead. We're fine. No one'll press any charges,” Zayn said to the guy. “ I'm so sorry. This stupid ice is so slippery,” the guy said. “ We understand completely. Now go,” Zayn replied. Then, the red-haired guy got in his van and took off. “ You OK,” Zayn asked. “ I'm...fine,” I replied, still in shock. “ How did you do that,” I asked Zayn. “ I'd rather not say,” he replied. “ Well, I suggest you stay away from me,” I said, continuing in my walk home. “ Destiny, wait,” Zayn called, running after me. “ I hope you're only chasing after me to explain,” I sighed. Then, he stood in front of me, and looked me in the eyes. “ Well,” I pressed. “ I can't, Destiny,” he groaned. I rolled my eyes, walked right past Zayn, and said, “ Stay away from me.” This time, he didn't run after me, and I kinda wish he had, but I didn't let him see it.

“ Destiny,” my dad shouted, as I entered the house. “ Yeah, Dad,” I asked. “ Why isn't dinner ready,” he called, from his room. “ I'm working on it,” I said, grabbing the pack of chicken tenders, I'd pulled out of the freezer, this morning. “ Need some help,” Michael asked, as he walked into the kitchen. Then, the doorbell rang. “ No, thanks, but can you please get that,” I asked, peeling the skin off a potato. Then, Michael walks into the kitchen, with Zayn standing behind him. “ You've got a visitor. I gotta go, or else I'll be late,” Michael said. I nodded my head, and watched as Michael left the house. “ Hi,” Zayn said, as soon as Michael walked out the door. “ Hey,” I sighed, turning my attention to cooking dinner. As I chopped up a potato, I noticed Zayn watching my hands very, very carefully. “ I'm not gonna cut myself, if that's what you're worried about,” I said. “ How did you...” Zayn trailed off, “ Destiny, there's something I need to tell you.” “ I'm listening,” I said, peeling another potato. Then, Zayn came closer, and whispered in my ear, “ I'm not human, Destiny. I'm not who you think I am. I'm...a vampire.” I let the peeler fall to the floor. I stood in shock and said nothing. Then, I looked over my shoulder, at Zayn, and stared at him. “ What,” I managed to whisper. “ It's true,” he said, “ I want to explain this to you properly. Is there some place we can talk later?” “ I know a place,” I said.

After I finished cooking dinner, I went upstairs with a plate of food for my dad. I knocked on the door,“ Dad? Dinner's ready.” “ Bring it in,” he called from the other side of the door. I looked at Zayn, then slowly opened the door. As I walked in, the smell of booze strangled me, and my eyes watered. “ Who's that,” my dad asked, as I brought him his dinner. “ Dad, this is, Zayn Walker...my boyfriend. Zayn, this is, Eric, my dad,” I introduced them. “ Pleasure to meet you, sir,” Zayn smiled. “ Boyfriend, huh? What exactly are your ulterior motives toward my daughter,” my dad asked Zayn. “ Dad,” I warned. “ No, Destiny. It's fine. Mr. Coleman, I mean your daughter no harm. I only want what's best for her,” Zayn said, in a positive tone. My dad thought about this, before saying, “ Really? So, you're telling me, that this isn't just about physical attraction?” “ Dad,” I shrieked. “ No, sir,” Zayn replied, calmly. “ Unbelievable, Dad,” I said, before leaving the room.

I paced the living room, muttering under my breath. “ Destiny,” Zayn called, as he came downstairs. “ In here,” I grumbled. “ Hey, don't worry about your dad. He'll get over it. Right now, we need to talk,” Zayn said, taking my hand, and leading me to the front door. “ You're right. We need to talk,” I replied, as we walked out of the house. “ So, where exactly are we going,” Zayn asked. “ You'll see,” I smiled.

When we finally arrived at my spot, in the woods, I said, “ My mom used to bring me here, when I was little. She always believed that this was a place of sanctuary, and magic. When I'm here, I feel closer to my mother. Sometimes, I think I see or hear her, but it's never her.” “ It's beautiful,” Zayn smiled. I found an empty spot and lied on the grass. Zayn chuckled and lied beside me. “ Why didn't you tell me before,” I asked. “ I was afraid. I didn't want to scare you away,” Zayn admitted. “ I'm not going anywhere,” I said. “ I hope not,” Zayn said, looking into my eyes. As I looked into his eyes, I saw doubt, fear, and insecurity. I wasn't sure what else to do, so I leaned closer and kissed him. “ I wanna show you something,” Zayn smiled, after we pulled away. “ OK,” I laughed. Zayn smiled big, then closed his eyes and stayed very still. I was trying to figure out what he was doing, but I had no clue. Then, he opened his eyes, and began to fly. I gasped, “ Incredible!” “ You wanna try,” he chuckled. “ I can't,” I laughed. “ Sure you can. Give me your hand,” he chuckled, offering me his hand. I smiled, and took my hand in his. Suddenly, we were aimlessly gliding in the air. As I looked down, I noticed we were up so high, and held Zayn tighter. “ It's alright. I got you,” Zayn whispered. I smiled, then pulled him closer and kissed his stone-cold lips. As he tightened his grip on my waist, I realized that this was the first time, in a long time, that I was actually happy.

As Zayn walked me home, he told me more about being a vampire, and I told him about my family problems. “ Ever since my mom died, my dad has never been the same. He's always drunk, he's in his room all day, he's unemployed, and he skips every other meal, but dinner. I just feel like...I only lost my mother, but it feels like I lost them both. I feel like he's dead to me. It's been over a year, and I just want him to try to stop mourning. I want him to be there for me when I need him. When I needed him to help me cope with everything that's happened, he was either too drunk or lying around in his room. And as for my brother...Well, Michael and I have always been so close, but after my mom died, he just...He's always staying over at his friend's house, he's been skipping school, and he's out partying almost every night. We fight almost everyday, and all because he's leaving me to deal with my dad. And I just...I want to believe that things will get better, but...it's so hard to believe in something, when it's already broken,” I told Zayn, trying to fight back the tears rolling down my cheeks. “ Come here,” Zayn said, giving me a comforting hug. I rested my head on his shoulder, and sighed. It made me feel better to share my feelings with someone who'd actually listen. “ I know things are hard, right now, but I'll be here for you. I promise,” Zayn said. “ Thank you,” I smiled, and we continued our walk.

 “ I'll see you tomorrow,” I sighed, as we approached the front door to my house. Then, Zayn smiled as he looked up at my window, and asked, “ What if I told you, that there's a way that I could stay with you all night?” “ What do you mean,” I asked, cocking my head to the side. “ Open your window. I'll be there,” Zayn smiled.

I quietly entered my house, and tip-toed up to my room. I decided to take a shower, so I grabbed my clothes, and before I left, I opened my bedroom window. After my shower, I went to my room, to find Zayn standing by my window. “ Hello again,”I smiled, and kissed him. As his icy fingers intertwined through my hair, I allowed my hands to wander from his jawline, to his neck, then to his marble chest. As we pulled away, my face broke into a smile, and I pulled Zayn to my bed.

“ Can I ask you something,” Zayn asked, sliding under the covers. “ Sure.” “ What was your mom like?” I thought about this for a second, then said, “ My mom was beautiful. Even on your worst day, she could make you smile. She was like my best friend. She was witty, unique, dauntless, and inspirational. But when it really came down to it, she was also very wise, dedicated, supportive, patient, and selfless. To me, she was everything I wish I could be.” “ But you are everything she was, Destiny. “ I'm not so sure,” I sighed. “ I know you are,” Zayn smiled, then kissed my forehead. I yawned. “ It's late. You should get some sleep,” Zayn said, tucking me in the blanket, and resting his head on mine. “ You will stay with me, right,” I asked, holding back another yawn. “ Of course,” he said. As I allowed my eyes to slowly close, I had a sudden feeling of security. 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.