Sleeping Beauty | Teen Ink

Sleeping Beauty

July 1, 2015
By LuisaMarie BRONZE, omaha, Nebraska
More by this author
LuisaMarie BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

He was running through the forest as fast as he could, to save his damsel from death. Cutting through all the thorns wrapped and twisted around the palace was difficult. But he couldn't let anything stop him from saving the one he loved. Just one kiss was all it took, just one, to break the spell that the dreadful Maleficent had cast on his one true love.

Slashing through the thorny rose bushes, confused in the labyrinth(maze) he had created for himself. He looked up and saw the most beautiful of creatures, a nymph, gesturing him to come into the water. But he wondered where the water had come from. He glanced at the nymph with a baffled look on his face, he stepped forward, the nymph nodded, the once more, the nymph looked at him and nodded giving a devious smile, and he walked forward.

Suddenly, he forgot what he had come for. Bending over he took the nymphs hand, smiling. The nymphs face transformed into a deadly creature, a firebond. It's hair turned fire red, and the lake turned into flames.

Screaming out in pain the prince fell to the ground, and Maleficent emerged before him.

"Well, well, well. It's too bad that you failed at the attempt to save your one true love," she said in a mocking tone, still holding his hand, "I guess you weren't so true after all." she ended her speach by vanishing into thin air.

The flames became higher and higher, and the prince screamed louder and louder.

By the time the flames disappeared, he was ash in the win

Her faced scrunched up, and she stirred slightly from the noise. Fluttering open, her eyes wandered around, seeing strange contraptions move around her resting place. She turned her head, the long grass tickling her flawless beauty. Already at the age of sixteen, her beauty was indescribable, her blue eyes sparkling in the the sun, her long blonde hair had been spread around throughout the grass. Smiling she sat up laying her hands flat out among the grass. There was only one thing that confused her. Where was her prince? Why had she been out of the castle? She squinted her eyes, trying to make out of what the noise was coming from. Standing flat on her bare feet, she scanned the forest for any more of the strange contraptions. Nothing. All she could see was the beautiful greenery that was already among her.  She shrugged and turned around. Almost to a halt, she saw these strange contraptions, moving again. Were they animals? she thought, images of actual animals flew through her mind.

She reached her hand out to touch it. It was hard, almost like metal, and cold. Her head faced to sky, looking on how limitless it seemed. But nothing is limitless, she thought, not even love. Her head lowered to the ground and she closed her eyes, hoping everything would go back to the way it was. She opened her eyes again, the bulky metal contraption still in front of her, frowning in disappointment she turned around, back to the sun.

eeeerrrrrrrrkkkk crash <<sound

She quickly turned back on her heel to see what made that noise. Nothing.

"Hello?," she yelled, "Is anyone there?"

She heard the noise again. It was almost like a tree falling............ falling........... falling..........down.

"Who's there!!!!" she yelled again, walking backwards so she would have an easy run, "Who is the- whoa!!!" she had tripped over the log and her head hit a rock.

A blurry vision of a face came to her sight. "Hello?" she said weakly, and then she faded into unconsciousness.

"OW!" she exclaimed, but glumly concealed the pain.

She walked back to her resting place, and sat down. Though she felt like screaming bloody murder because she was being kept hostage, she kept her anger in. At least that's what she thought.

"Bloody peasents, always trying to get the cruelty of money in the way. But this is way too far." she mumbled to herself, swaying her legs back and forth in frustration.

"Hello young lady." a woman came in and said.

"I am most certainly NOT a young lady. I am Princess Aurora."

The woman in white nodded like Aurora was a crazy mainiac.

"I am not crazy." Aurora states in a plain and dull sort of way, but the woman kept nodding still,and smiled.

Then a man walked in, "So you found her in the woods?" the woman asks.

"Who are you people?" Aurora asks.

But the man and woman kept whispering to eachother.

"Secrets shall not be kept!" Aurora exclaims.

"Hello Aurora, I am Nurse Teal."

"Like the colour?" Aurora asks.

"Yes," she nodds, "like the colour."

"How old are you?" Aurora asks.

Nurse Teal smiled and shook her head, "32."

"You look younger," Aurora said, "And you?" she said, nodding her head towards the man.

"I'm William, but you can call me Will." he stops.

"And your age?"

"17." he says shrugging, scratching the back of his head.

"You are only a year older then me?! But you are so very tall."

"Thanks I guess, you're pretty.....uh u- tall yourself." and Aurora see's that he is blushing.

Nurse Teal interupts saying, "So where are your parents...Aurora."

"They are........under the ground, you could say." Aurora says, realising something she hadn't before, "What is the year?"

"2012." Nurse Teal says.

"But it was only 1753 when the spel-" she mummbled to herself.

"Are you okay, you hit your head pretty hard and wel-"

"Stop," Aurora said, putting her hand infront of his face, "I am perfectly fine, if you didn't frighten me i would have been precise on my own."

"Precise?" Will asks.

"As in fine, alright, okay, dandy-" Aurora listed on and on.

"Okay, so Aurora, where do you live? I could call someone to give you a ride if you're feeling precise." Nurse Teal said, a giggle in her smile.

"Please do NOT mock me, I'm sorry if my English is too proper for the likes of people like you." Aurora states.

"People like me?" Nurse Teal asks.

"People that think they are too good for anyone, like they have the smartest witt in the world, when indeed they have no witt, they are mostlikely dumbfounded when someone stands up to correct them. For example, just because I am young does not mean I have no sense in witt or the world. I may seem foolish, but I've been in more courses then you could have in your whole life.  I can at least admit that I am a little too forward at this point. But you, your like the soil on the sole of a boot or slipper. Sure it's usually there but after a while you end up scraping the soil off and let it sit out in the sun and dry up into dirt."

Nurse Teal's face was in complete shock and William was almost full out of willpower to let his laugh out, but kept it in. Nurse Teal stomped her foot, shook  her head and walked out the door.

Smiling, Aurora sat down on the bed. Her face crumbled in confusion. Looking at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a thin layer of cloth. Then realising she was completely nude under it, stubbling backwards on the chair, covering her dress, she said;

"Where is my gown?"

"Gown?"Will asked.

"It was a purple colour, silk?"

"Oh, you mean your costume. It looked like you were suffcating, so....."

"You did not take it off, did you?"

"Well you had clothes under it."

"THOSE WERE NOT MY CLOTHES!!!"

"The what were they?"

"My..............Undergarmets." she said, shamefully admitting it.

"Oh you mean your....." and he started to blush, heavily.

"So, where is it."

He points to the door on the right and Aurora stomps her way over.

"Out." she says.

"Well that thing looks to be hard to get on-"

"Out." she says cutting him off.

He puts his hands up in defense and leaves.

"Ug, men."

She puts on her under garmets, which was kind of hard, since she never dressed herself before (btw they are the 1700 undergramets) she admitted to herself that she probably need his help. Rolling her eyes she walked back to the door.

"William," she says, "could you help me."

"It's Will."

"Please."

Will walks in, and there she is, Aurora blushes knowing that she in in her undergarmets.

"You call this underwear?! It practically covers your whole body!" he says.

"It is suppose to, is it not?"

"I don't know. What do you need help with."

"The laces, to tighten them."

"Alrighty."

"Alright." she corrects him as he toches the thin fabric on her garmet.

He pulls on the strings, "Tighter, please."

"Whatever you say." and so he does.

"One more pull." she says.

"One more pull and you'll sufficate." he says letting go of the string.

"I will not sufficate. For it is only on my waist."

Rolling his eyes, he does as she says.

"Thank you."

"Are you sure you can breathe."

"Yes, I am sure."

Picking up her gown, she pulls on the skirt easily.

"May you do this please."

"Sure."

He takes the corset and wraps it around her body. Pulling the strings as far as he wants them to go.

"Many thanks."

"No problem."



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


on Jul. 16 2015 at 8:13 pm
SomeoneMagical PLATINUM, Durham, New Hampshire
22 articles 1 photo 259 comments
Great work! I can't wait to read more.