The Game | Teen Ink

The Game

By Emilia14, Indianapolis, Indiana
Emilia14, Indianapolis, Indiana

My favorite quote is: "Hold the phone" which means to wait a minute

Author's note: my dream, of course it wasnt this long but i added alot in to make it more interesting.

Hi my name is Emily, let me give a brief explanation of myself. I’m 22 years old, I have long brown hair and I’m 5.4ft tall I love to run. I’m a runner. It has always been my dream to be a professional runner, to be as fast as a cheetah. I would like to race against people and build world records, but all of that is about to change…
It was about 70 degrees outside and I opened my door to go and run a couple of miles around my neighborhood. As soon as I closed my door my phone rang and it was my best friend Aneela. She called me almost screaming that I needed to get to The Country Field and fast. I asked her why and what’s wrong but she wouldn’t tell me, she just said,
“Hurry up now!”
So I get in my car and drive for about ten minutes. I drive and park in this parking lot across the street. Aneela is standing across the street waving and yelling. So I run across the street and she grabs my arm and pushes me into this line and I’m asking her quietly
“What we are doing?”
She said, ”I don’t know but just stand here and be quiet.”
I look ahead and I see a platform with a man in a suit and some guards standing behind him. There is a grown man standing at the other end of the line I’ve seen him before but I can’t remember his name. But when he sees me he suddenly looks relived and a smile breaks out on his face. I look away. Then the man on the platform starts to speak he says,
”I know all of you might be a little confused about what is going on right now but I’m about to explain the rules of this game.”
Then he picks up a big bulky bag and a black suit that looks like its fit for a woman my size. He whispers something to his guard and his guard points at me. Suddenly I go from confused to nervous and scared. Then he walks down the platform and walks over to me, he looked like he was about to fall over with the big bag.
He says to me, ”I like you, I like the way you work, I’m giving you one of the most important jobs of this game because you are fast and your smart but every once in a while make a big mistake that you will have to pay for.”
Then he gave me the black suit and told me to put it on. So I do.
“Your job is to kill as many people as you can.’’ He says.
So I’m like ok I can do that. Then he tells me one rule,
“There is one woman that you can’t kill so choose carefully.”
Then he touches me above my breast and I feel a weird rush run through my entire body but it didn’t go down to my feet it stooped at my lower abdomen right above my legs and it made my stomach hurt a lot. Then he moves on. It was about 20 minutes until he reaches Aneela, he tells her,
“You will be the nurse to help people that will be in pain and hurt. Since you have the experience.”
Then he moves on and she looks at me.
I smirk and signal “What?”
She signals back and says that “I going to help you when you’re in hurt or pain.”

I signal back “So are we partners?”

She signals back, “Yes.”
Then after that the man in the suit goes to the man that is unfamiliar to me he looks at me then looks at the man. He whispers something to him and he nods.
Then he said to him very quietly, “Father.”
Then that’s when everything got weird. Then it was about an hour later me and Aneela decided to team up and work together if we were gonna get out of there alive. Then while Aneela and I were having one of our funny girl conversations I got a tap on my shoulder and I heard a polite excuse me. I turned around and looked up to see the man that looked so familiar. I think it was love at first sight. I tried to hide my smile as I said,
“Hi may I help you?” I said.
He said, “Yeah can I be in your group I think it would be kind of cool to work by your side.”
“Ok but if you join my team there is no turning back if you decide to rat us out and tell my plans I’ll be forced to kill you.” I said.
He said ok. Then raised his hand to shake on it.
Then I asked,” What’s your name?”
There was a pause. Then he said,
“My name is Jacob.”
I almost fell out, I couldn’t believe that it was him, the man that looked so familiar was the boy I fell in love with in middle school. All the memories of me and him together in the past all came together at once. Those were good times but how did it end? I asked him,
“How did we lose contact I mean you just disappeared after high school and I lost contact. I called your mom but she told me that you were off to college. I told ok then I hung up the phone you left me without even saying good bye, and it broke my heart. So all these years I thought we were done and I just kinda forgot about you. But now that I see you I forgive you for just leaving me.
He responded, “I know I left without you and I’m sorry but all throughout high school I have been working on trying to get back in contact with you but all those time I called the wrong number and I never found out your real number. I will say once again I’m sorry for leaving you and I never meant to hurt you.”
So I forgave him again and once again I had fallen in love with him. So then about another 30 minutes later I had told Aneela and Jacob what my plan was and how we are going to do it.

The man in the suit said,
“Gather all of your things and your groups. Those of you who didn’t find a group then just pick a group but don’t pick a group with three or less it has to be four or more!”
Then he said, “Your first challenge would be to split up in the maze and kill or capture as many people as you can.”
So I was like ok this goes right with my plan. Then he gave us ten minutes to put all our gadgets and weapons on. I do mine in less than five minutes and I look over and see that Aneela is done but I think Jacob was having a hard time getting his stuff ready.
So I run over and I ask,” Do you need some help with your stuff?”
He answers, ”Yes please.”
Then with about two minutes to spare I run back over to my place and pray to God that he will help me thought this maze and that I will win this challenge. He lines us up by our group names. Then he raises his gun and tells us on the count of 10 I will fire my gun and you will run into the different openings of the maze. I look at the maze and I’m all of a sudden scared it. So he counts down 10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1 boom he fires and I tell my group to get their weapons and run as slow as you can. I told them this because we could kill people from the back. So I got my bow and arrow and shot 3 people in the back killing them instantly and 2 in the leg. Then I ran to the five people and got the arrows back then told my group to split and make sure they watch their back. I then gave Aneela the machete, and gave Jacob the gun for extra protection when their weapons run out of ammunition.

It has been an hour as I look at my watch that I was using to go run. I’m just wandering through the maze then I hear a crunch I in the grass and I instantly go up against the wall that’s at least two stories high. I start to walk faster in the grass and I turn the coroner and I see a woman and she starts to run and I get my bow and arrow. She runs in a diagonal motion so it makes it a little harder for me to shoot. I shot the arrow and I get her in the leg she starts to bleed I can’t help but feel bad because then an alarm goes off and the woman Is instantly recognized and I am scolded by the man in the suit. He says,
“I have broken the rule of not to touch the woman.”
I said back ”You never said which women that was!!”
He said, “He knew that I was going to make this mistake.”
Then he raises his hand then puts it down, his guards turn towards the wall. The woman closes her eyes knowing that this was going to happen.
Then she said, “You deserve what you’re about to get.”
Then the man calls for Jacob and Aneela and they come. The man tells Jacob to stand next to me and Aneela to stay where she is. Then he places his hand on my stomach to feel me breathe, then he says
“Go.”
I then felt that same rush, just like the other one he did to me before the game started. I felt like I was expanding and I couldn’t help but fall to my knees and I look up with tears in my eyes. Thought I was going to throw up but I didn’t. I see Jacob kneel down beside me and then he screamed at the man,
“Stop you’re hurting her!!!”
Then I fell on my side as I blacked out. Jacob told me that I was asleep for a couple hours because of what he had done to me. Then Aneela said she would tell the whole story.
We thought you were dead because they said that I hadn’t woke up all day. She said,
” I examined you to make sure that you were alright, since I turned out to be a nurse, then I checked for your heart beat and with a relived sigh I told Jacob that you were ok.
She said “Jacob came closer to me then grabbed my hand and kissed it and asked, what was wrong with you.”
She said she told him, “The man has some kind of magical power and he magically made me pregnant.”
Then said, “Jacob asked, “Who was the father of her baby?”
Then I said, “I would have to get DNA from you to make sure that you’re not the father.”
Then he asked, “How are you gonna do that?”
I told him “I have my ways.”
Then we looked through your bag and we set up this tent and then you finally woke up.
Then I asked, “Well whose the father of my baby then?”
She paused and said, “Ok well I didn’t want to tell you cause I think you’re gonna freak out but Jacob is the father of your baby.
Then she called Jacob over and he hugs me tightly I groan a little as my belly presses against him. Then as he breaks the hug he feels my belly and smiles and says,
“ It’s okay I love being the father, I think it’s awesome.”
Then I said, “I hope the game is over by then because I don’t want to have a baby in the middle of a war game.”
Then Jacob starts a fire and cooks some food I tell them to eat first because I’m gonna eat way more now than you guys but then Aneela said, “No you need to eat because your only a couple months and something could go wrong.”
So I eat all the food and I’m still really hungry. Then Jacob cooks more then I eat their leftovers. Then Aneela said,
“Dang I never seen you eat that much all at once.”
Then a few hours later I go to sleep before everyone else and I hear Jacob and Aneela talking as I fall asleep.

I wake up in the middle of the night, I guess I had a bad dream and I noticed myself breathing really hard I tell myself to calm down and I think I woke Jacob up because he turns over and asks,
“Are you ok?’’
I said, “I had bad dream, I had my baby in the middle of a park and my baby was born dead.”
He sits up and gives me a hug and tells me,
“First of all I my baby too, remember I’m the father. “
Then he tells me it’s gonna be alright and I lay my head on his shoulder and I get tears in my eyes and I told him,
“I’m sorry we are in this situation, I didn’t mean it and I wasn’t paying attention. Now you have to pay for my mistake.”
He tells me, “I’m glad to be a father, and the truth to be told I want to be your husband since the day we got out of high school. You are beautiful and I love you and I’ll always be there to protect you and our baby.” We sit up a little while longer and I lay my head down to his chest and I can hear his heartbeat and its soothing to me. Then I fell asleep on his chest, he kissed me on the cheek and laid me down and went to sleep.
The next day we get up really early to go and attack other groups to hurry up and win this game. So that I can go home. But that doesn’t work because the man in the black suit announces on the speakers at the top of the two story wall that everyone must go back to the line we started at the beginning of the game. Then me, Jacob, and Aneela walk back for another 4 hours to the front of the maze were we finally get out. Then I stand next to Jacob holding his hand squeezing it not knowing what is going to happen next.

Jacob whispers in my ear,
“Don’t worry, relax.”
I guess his hand was starting to cramp because of how much I was squeezing it. Then I let loose his hand and he rubs it a little. The man in the suit started to speak,
“Now this is your final challenge you will each get your own car.”
There was a pause.
“You now have to wander the city and kill as many people as you can, and if you kill Emily you and your group will win a special prize. At the end of the game.”
When he said my name my whole body went cold and froze then Aneela grabbed my hand but said nothing my mind, my body, everything on me froze. Why did he hate me so much that he wanted me gone? Why does he want me dead? He tells us we have to run to a car that can hold your whole group. So on the count of ten I will fire and you will run to the car that you have picked. Then Jacob sweeps me off my feet and picks me up he said he didn’t want me to get trampled because of what happened yesterday and he knew I was very sore.
I said, “Ok.”
Then Aneela grabs our bag of weapons and our other things and she got ready to run.
“I hope you can carry two people a once, just in case I fall.” She joked.
Jacob responded, “Ok I’ll try but try your best not to fall.”
The man in the suit said, “On the count of ten I will fire and you will run, ready,” there was nothing but silence. “10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1 Bam he fires the gun and we run off. I’m bouncing in Jacobs arms. I bury my face in his chest and close my eyes as I bounce, I put my arms around his neck because I feel like I slipping out of his arms and I feel safe when I’m close to him. He finally begins to slow down and I look up from his chest and I see the car that we have chosen it looks like a Jeep but I’m not for sure. So then he puts me down and tells me and Aneela to get in. he said that he would drive. So then he turns the car on and makes a u turn and drove on the road in the opposite direction of the cars that are all trying to go a different way to track each other down.
“What are you doing?” I said.
He said,” I’m getting us out of here in a safe place now we are going to go get some real food to eat.”
So we drive for about an hour to get as far away as possible to go and sleep somewhere without having to fear for our lives. So we go to a Walgreens and there’s nobody there so Jacob broke the lock on the door and we walk right in with our weapons I get the machete and gun, Jacob gets the gun, and Aneela wants to use the bow and arrow. So we loaded up and went into the store. We stay close and each of us get our shopping basket and go down aisle by aisle picking up stuff that could hold us for a week. My basket filled over the top with food. I think I was having a lot of cravings. So then we get ready to leave but we see another car pull up and a man get out. Well we were stuck so I said I’ll hide in the clothes and you two hide by the opening to take down the man. So we can get out of here. Both of them said,
“Ok let’s do it.”
Then when the man walked in it was one of the other people from the other groups I guess they had followed us into the store and knew that we were here. I then told Jacob and Aneela to kill him it’s one of the other people. So Jacob hides by the front door and takes my gun and sneaks over behind the nails section and puts his gun out and shoots the big man twice in the side. The man looked down and fell as he died. Then he grabbed the gun that was on him and handed it to me and said hold this. Then he said,
“Come on run.”
So we ran out the front door and we put our food in the car and then we rushed off out of the parking lot.

We were driving for about one hour and I asked Aneela to hand me my basket of food. I first thing I ate were some chips. Then after thirty minutes we pull into a hotel parking lot and Jacob said,
“We need to rest and recover in a place that feels like home.”
I said, “Recover nobody has been hurt…at least I don’t think anybody has.” Then Jacob showed me a huge cut I’m guessing that was from a machete. He said that on the way to find you he got caught in a fight with a guy with a machete and he got me in my arm but then Aneela jumped in and helped.” I giggled and said,
“Wow Aneela the first killing of your life.”
She said back, “Thanks!”
Then we all got out of the car and walked in the hotel to go and relax for the future. Then I get out some gauze I tell him to raise his shirt up and I notice that there is blood on his chest. Then I ask,
“Honey, he cut your chest too?!”
He nods.
I then begin to go to work on his bigger wound I go and get a towel from the bathroom and drench it in water. I come out and sit on the bed with him. I then start to rub off all the blood.
“Uugghhh, I hate to see so much blood, how long have you been bleeding?” I ask.
He says, “Umm maybe since the time we arrived at the store.”
Then I say, “Well why didn’t you say anything!”
“I didn’t tell anybody because it was my plan to come here and take a shower, but you noticed.” He responded.
“Ohh” I say.
Meanwhile Aneela is in the shower taking a long one. I bang on the door and yell,
“Hey save me and Jacob some hot water I hate cold showers!!”
She responds, you know I don’t take steaming hot showers, that’s what you do!”
She then gets out of the shower and changes into her clothes that we got from Walgreens. Then I get in. and take like I five minute shower then I get out and change in to my new clothes. I let out a sigh and say,
“This shirt fells very roomy compared to that black skinny jumpsuit. Same with these pants.”
Then Jacob changes in the bathroom and comes out with one of the tank tops. So then I sit him down in the chair and I sit on his lap and he gives me his arm and I wrap the wound tightly in gauze so that it wouldn’t start to bleed again. Then I wrap his chest wound as tightly as I can. Then me and Aneela go and sit in the Jacuzzi downstairs to relax our muscles. I looked over to see Jacob walking out of the elevator and open the door to come over to us to get in to relax his muscles to. Then we got into a conversation of how we would go into hiding until the game ended and we would be the winners…
“But what if that time last more than eight months.” I worried.
Jacob said, “Then we’ll have to rush you somewhere before its time.”
“Yeah like when your contractions start to get really bad.” Aneela said.
“Ohh,” I said. “Well I’m hungry lets go over to the restaurant and get something to eat.”
Ok, but you’re always getting hungry.” Said Aneela. “
Hey blame the baby.” I say.
As we get out Jacob grabs my hand and helps me out so that I wouldn’t slip. So we then went to our hotel room to change. Then we went to the restaurant that was built into the hotel. It was pretty good food. I had fish and shrimp. Aneela had a hamburger and Jacob had a cheeseburger. Then we went to the store and bought some more food to put in our hotel room. I went to take a nap and I went to sleep and right before I closed my eyes to turn the light off and I heard whisper like,
“She will be fine.”
“No we have to take her with us.”
“No she’s exhausted I mean look at her she’s pregnant give her a break we’ve been running all day since we got up at six.”
I slowly opened my eyes and I look at the clock and it was almost eight o clock so I thought man I been running for twelve hours and now I’m drained. So I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

I woke up to find that Jacob and Aneela were gone. I walked outside and I didn’t see them anywhere. But then I looked down and there were these guards I looked back before they would see me. I stretched my back and my belt hits the bar causing a loud ring. I look over again and I notice that all the guards are looking up at me right into my eyes. I run back to my room and slam the door shut and I made sure that I had all the keys to the door. Then I spot my phone and I turn it on and dialed Jacob’s number.
“Jacob, help me there are more people trying to get into our room!”
“Jacob respond saying, “Just hold on we’ll get there as fast as we can!!”
Then he hangs up and I hear nothing. Then I hear I loud screech and I know it’s the car with Aneela and Jacob I guess that they ran out the car up the stairs of the hotel and by our room. I then start to hear bangs on my door, I start to shake with fear. Then I hear gunshots and I hear Aneela’s machete clash against the bar. I think she was fighting someone with a machete. Then there’s silence then the door opens and I see Jacob first so I run to him as I say,
“Thank you, thank you for saving me, I don’t know what would have happened if they got in.” Then I whisper into his ear,
“You really are a father who cares and I love you.”
He smiles as he pulls me closer and kisses me. As long as we’ve known each other we share a kiss. I break away from the kiss and I hug him tighter. He squeezes tighter and I let out a moan because it was just I a little too tight. Then he releases his grip a little and says,
“Is this better, was I squeezing to tight?”
I answered yes to both questions.
Then Aneela walks in with all the weapons from the other men. She says,
“Ok I think I know what just happened.”
I answered in a sassy but joking voice “Uhh, no you don’t.”
Then we all take showers and go to sleep. As I fall asleep I feel Jacob put his hand over my hip and on my belly. I put my hand on top of his hand I fall asleep and eventually he does too. Then in the morning I wake up to a camera in my face and I heard,
“Good morning sleepy head. You look so cute with your boyfriend in the same bed sleeping the same way…with your mouths wide open. Yeah I took a couple of pictures.” Said Aneela laughing
I instantly wake up and try to grab the phone but I almost fell out the bed. I nudge Jacob to wake up and he helps me up while he’s giggling, as Aneela fell on the bed laughing.

Three months later…
“Well now you actually look like you having a baby.” Aneela said.
“I know, but I’m still worried that I’m five months pregnant and the game still isn’t over yet, what kind of game lasts for nine months. I Asked
“I donno.” She responded.
Then Jacob came out the bathroom and looked at me once and said
“Whoa you look different. Did your hair change color?”
I responded. No, does it look like I did?”
He answered, “Yes”.
“Maybe it’s a side effect of having kids, maybe your hair will turn gray. “ Aneela said.
“But I don’t want my hair to turn gray!!” I responded.
“I’m hungry lets go fix something to eat.” I say. “Ok let’s go.” Says Aneela.
A few days later Jacob and Aneela go to the store again to get more food because I was eating all of it. Then they told me to not go outside so that people wouldn’t know that you’re here alone. So I listened and I kissed him before he walked out and I went to take a nap. Then I woke up I went outside to go and get some fresh air but then right before I turn around to go into my room again I noticed an unfamiliar car in the parking lot. I turned back around and I noticed people in it I couldn’t tell if there were people in it but I just stood there for a while. Then a woman go out of the car and shoot me with this little arrow. Then I took it out because I started to feel dizzy. Then I went back in my room and I completely lost my balance. I fell to the ground and I blacked out.

When Jacob and Aneela came home they saw me on the ground and they said they started to freak out. Jacob spotted the little arrow beside my unconscious body and he gave it to Aneela and she examined it. She said that it was a poison arrow and it could kill me if it wasn’t treated. She said that Jacob kissed me, picked me up and put me on the bed. Then Aneela checked if I still had a heartbeat and she said I still had one. She said she then gave me a shoot in my same arm to help the medicine work faster. Jacob said that he hoped it didn’t get to the baby.

“What will happen if it gets to the baby?” he asked

“It could kill the baby instantly.” Aneela said
Then she said Jacob had a tear in his eye and it fell on my check then he stood up and went to the bathroom leaving me and Aneela in the room alone. She said she gave me a hug and tried to lift me on the bed but I was too heavy. Twenty minutes later she said that Jacob finally came out the bathroom and out and put me on the bed. Then she said that he laid down next to me stroking my hair while she went to the store to get some medicine. She came back with a full bag of all kinds of medicines that should make me at least wake up. Jacob helped Aneela pour the medicine down my throat. Then they said that after an hour after they gave me the medicine I finally woke up. But then it hurt to move my legs and arms. Three days went by and Aneela drew some blood from my and it tested positive to the poison that was still in my blood. So for the past days I wasn’t getting any better so Jacob decided to take me to the hospital to get some help. The doctors at the hospital said’

“The poison was from a snake that could kill me but so far whatever medicine you gave her is protecting her inside organs and its so far protecting your baby. But we will treat her as fast as we can so save her life.”
So I spent three days in the hospital and I was on my fourth day when I could actually start talking again. So the next week I could walk and I was feeling much better. I had a lot of ultrasounds to see if the baby was still doing okay. The doctors said that the baby was fine. Then the next week I went back home to the hotel. I was functioning as I usually was and I felt great. But little did we all know that my due date was closer than we thought…

Three months later…
“Hey want to go down to the game room, we haven’t had a day to relax and have fun since before the game.” Jacob said.
“Ok but we have to get our money to for the coins to play the game and I want to play air hockey and I agree me getting sick all the time risking all of our lives going outside and risking the baby’s life.” I responded
“But by the way I love air hockey I used to play it all the time with my sisters.” I said
Ok let’s go but be cautious of any guards.” Said Aneela.
We took the stairs down and we walked through the front lobby and to the pool which led to the game room. Then we walked up the circular stairs and into the game room.
“It smells like a pool and it really hot in here. I say.
“Yeah I agree.” Said Aneela.
Jacob walks over to the air hockey table and puts the coins in I walk over and stand waiting for him to put the puck and the table. Aneela stands back hoping not to get hit with an air hockey puck. She knows how wild I can get with air hockey. We used to play with each other sometimes when we were teens.
After a couple of game wins here and there my muscles got all tense and I need to go and sit down because my cramps are coming back and this time they hurt more than they did before. I also start to sweat and I feel really hot. I look out the big window to make sure that none of the guards or anybody else from the game is here. I see familiar faces. I walk out to the stairs to cool down and look down at the people sitting in the Jacuzzi. They look straight into my eyes and start to whisper to each other and then all of then grab their clothes and hurry to put them on then start to run towards us. I turn around and fall to my knees I think I tripped over something but there was nothing to trip over but my feet.
Breathing really hard I tell Jacob, “There are people down in the pool area and they’re coming for us!”
I can tell now that it’s not cramps I’m having, they are contraptions. It takes me forever to get up so Aneela rushes over to help me up and then we run for the door. Then Jacob sweeps me off my feet and carries me to the elevator so we can go back to our room. As we are going up the elevator he tries to put me down but I can’t stand because I’m in too much pain to walk. So he picked me back up. I think he knows that it time but we were all puzzled I was only eight months pregnant, so I am either a month early or the man in the black suit tricked us into thinking that I was two months instead four. We all guessed it was number two. While that happened we finally reached our room, Aneela opens the door and Jacob walks in and puts me in the chair by the window. I struggle to get comfortable. But I can’t, I was in too much pain. I start to breathe really hard and I feel like I’m suffocating. Aneela and Jacob struggle to find all the stuff for the baby. I look at Jacob and he’s sweating, so is Aneela. Then Aneela opens the door and Jacob picks me up and what seems like he holding me like a baby. I’m really squirmy and I feel as if he’s gonna drop me so I put my arms around his neck to be more secure. The baby wouldn’t wait right as I put my head on this shoulder all my muscles jerked to push the baby. This caused me scream. Then we reach the lobby. By now I’m doing nothing but screaming. Jacob and Aneela start to run and Aneela grabs my hand and I squeeze it she yelps and lets go. As we run out to the car I can’t keep still now I’m leaning back and forth pulling and tugging on Jacob’s shirt. I let go of it as he put me down in the car but before he gets out to let Aneela in with me I grab his shirt and pull him closer thinking that seeing his face would make me feel better but it doesn’t. He looked in my eyes and said it gonna be okay. Then he gently pulled my hand from his shirt and got out the car. Then Aneela jumped I’m and grabbed my hand, I squeeze it has I push and she yelps and tries to let go but I held my tight grip.
Finally we reach the place but all I see is the sky. Then Aneela gets out and I try to move but I feel like a turtle stuck on my back. Then Jacob picks me up and carrys me to the park and it starts to get dark out in it starts to drizzle. As I grab Jacob’s shirt again I manage to look up and see Jacobs face. He looks sorry and nervous for me but I close my eyes and scream. Then I look the opposite direction my he walks down a ramp and under a slide. He gently lays me down and then with his hands on my shoulders he sits down behind me to hold up my back.
Then he whispers in my ear, “Breathe Emily, Breathe.”
Then Aneela rips off my pants and underwear then puts a towel over and under my legs. Then I do the rest of the work. I think I been screaming and pushing for at least five minutes but it feels like an hour. Then five minutes later Aneela yells over the top of me and says your almost done come on push! I gave my hardest push and I hear I tiny little cry. I open my eyes and then I saw a little baby in Aneela arms crying for her mother.
Then she tells me and Jacob “Congratulations to you both, it’s a girl.”
She hands me the baby girl and I start to laugh as I’m still trying to catch my breath. By now the rain is blowing and it’s getting cooler and cooler. We walk back to the car and we turn the heat on high and drive back to the hotel. I try to hide the baby as well as I can and we reach our room safely. After I while we are watching TV and I have to go and use the bathroom so I hand the baby to Jacob and he rubs the baby’s head as she falls asleep.
I come back and he asks me, “So what are gonna name her?”
I said,” I like Hope.”
I like that name.” Said Aneela.
“So do I, but I was think Faith?” Said Jacob.
“Ok I can go with Faith, what about you Aneela?” I say.
“I like that one too.’’ She says.
About an hour later I hear Jacob say,
” I got to go get something from the store I’ll be back in a few minutes.”
“Ok, but be safe and don’t come back with anymore injuries. I say.
“Ok.” He says.
He walks out the door and I ask Aneela, “Where do you think he’s going?”
“I donno.” She responds

Twenty minutes later Jacob comes back and asks Aneela where I’m at.
“Hey I’m back where’s Emily?” Jacob asked.
“She’s in the bathroom changing the baby.” Said Aneela
“Oh” he said.
I came out and I put faith in her crib and she falls asleep. Then Jacob turns off the TV and tells me to come here. I didn’t know what he was doing. Then he got a little box out of the bag he was carrying and got on one knee. Then he opened it and asked me,
“Emily will you marry me?”
I was in complete shock and I put my hands on mouth.
“Yes!”
He jumped up and kissed me. Aneela snapped a picture and said
“Aww, he not your boyfriend anymore he’s your fiancé congratulations!”
“Thank you.” I say smiling.
Then he puts the ring on my finger. Then there’s a knock at our door. Jacob grabs the gun and says it’s the man in the black suit. I grabbed Faith and Aneela grabbed her machete. He lets the man in and he says,
“Congratulations your now one of the last groups remaining in the game!” Each man from each group will have to face off with him in order to win the game. How you do that, it’s up to you this is your opponent.”
Then a big man a little shorter than Jacob walks up and he has a lot of muscle and I’m worried. Then the man in the black suit says,
“Whoever loses the fight has to kill the rest of his opponent’s group.”
Then he pats Jacob on the shoulder but Jacob jerks away and then he told the man,
‘’fine you will do well son I have trained you well enough to beat him.” He smiles and walks off.
Jacob closes the door and turns around and sighs. I walk up to him with Faith in my arm. First he takes faith and kisses her on her forehead beside her bow.
Then he tells me, I don’t know what I’m going to do.”
Aneela chimes in and says, “If you kill him then you will kill the man in the black suit!”
My face brightened, “Yeah then we will be a free family and we won’t have to worry about our safety!” I say suddenly excited.
So then I put Aneela in charge of Faith as I do my best to show Jacob some of my best killer moves. He caught on pretty quick but there was this one move I taught him a was exceptionally go at. So I had no doubt in my mind that he would lose the fight, his family, and me. Two weeks later…We are back at the country field and it just our group and the other group I’m guessing the man in the black suit’s family. So I give Jacob the machete and a gun fully loaded for after when he wins. Then the man tells him to step into the ring before he does he turns around and kisses me in case he loses. Then the other man with a lot of muscles steps in.

I start to worry. Aneela’s hands are shaking like crazy.
I ask, “Why are you shaking you shouldn’t be worried.”
She answered “Uhh yeah I should because if he loses then I die too because I’m part of the group, and I’m only 23 I’ve got my whole life ahead of me.”
Then the last round starts. Immediately the man swings at Jacobs neck and luckily Jacob dodges and cut the man badly and his arm. Then my hope shot straight up. But then for a split second Jacob turns his head and the man cut him on his lower leg and side. Jacob falls but gets back up. Then the man starts to throw punches. Jacob dodges all but one. The man was too quick for Jacob and he punches him right above his chest twice and knocks the wind out of him. He fell backwards and struggled to move his head and arms to reach for the machete. I wanted to go and help him so back but if I get up there it’s an automatic lose. So then my eyes burn with tears because my fiancé looks like he is near death. Then I push my hand through the netting and manage to touch his bleeding arm. Then he reaches for his gun as the man turns around thinking that Jacob was dying but he was wrong. Jacob jumps up with the gun in his hand then shoots the man in his back. The man falls to the ground dead. Then there was silence the other group started to look worried and then in a flash, less than a minute Jacob shoots all six of them in their chest and they fall to the ground dead. The only one standing is the man in the black suit. Jacob stood waiting for our prize but there was silence.
Then the man steps up on the platform and hands him a huge suitcase full of thousands of dollars. Then Jacob looks at him, shoots him, then he walks off the platform and says to me,
“Let’s go home.”
We go back to the hotel and Jacob takes a shower, gets out and I address his wounds Aneela helps me out. Then we all go to my house and get settled in and the tree of us start to work on the baby room. We painted it pink with rainbow polka dots. Jacob went to the store to buys a crib and other things for the baby. We finished the room at the end of the week. Aneela went to her house and Jacob and I prepared for our future…together.
One year later…
“Do you take Emily as your wife?” The Pastor said.
“I do.” Said Jacob.
Do you take Jacob as your husband?” Said the pastor.
“I do” I say.
Then you may kiss your bride. The Pastor said.
There were roars of applause and I look at Jacob and I smile. We bought our own house and we were expecting one more to come along the way. But after the game was over me, Jacob, and Aneela all live a happily ever after.