The Personal Stories Of WAR | Teen Ink

The Personal Stories Of WAR

March 1, 2023
By Shwilly1999, Springfield, Ohio
More by this author
Shwilly1999, Springfield, Ohio
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

Just Some Stories about me that I wrote about.

It was a Hot Muggy 4th of July.  Me, My Mom and Dad were packing in our fireworks to go to my Uncles for a grand show. Me and my Dad brought our fireworks down to the barn and that's when I noticed everyone brought giant fireworks the size of of a buildings. Then the time for fireworks came around and we all had fun, Until one of them “maybe” tipped over. And that maybe is a yes. As soon as I heard the bang of the  fireworks a barrage came launching at the crowd I ran inside the house feeling safe from the barrage. Then enters this random person I didn’t know. And as soon as they got inside they told me off and said “What are you doing in here? The fireworks are outside” as if they couldn’t see the giant firework barrage happening outside. And as soon as I tried to mentioned the fact that everyone outside was beginning rained on by fireworks and sparkles. And as soon as I mentioned that a firework barrage was happening the barrage was done and over with. And the person that came in told me off for being inside kicked me out onto the deck. As soon as I had been in the house I was out. I went back to my seat to hopefully watch the fireworks peacefully. And I hoped that this time I could watch the show without the fireworks aimed right at me. 

It was a warm and dry Memorial day in 2019. My Dad and I went to the memorial day parade in downtown springfield as we have done for the past 16 years of my life. We went to our spot that we’ve had for 10 years. We sat down and watched the bikers on small bikes go by and the giant semis with giant horns that made my ears rattle from how loud they were. Little did me, my dad and the people there know that that sunny beautiful day would turn into a dark and deadly day for all in ohio. As soon as me and my dad got home we learned that a storm system was heading for dayton and columbus. My mom and dad were noticeably worried about the developing storm but I thought in my peanut head at the time “why would a tornado happen to be in ohio of all places?”. And well i'm going to tell you. At around 5pm if I remember correctly the first of 3 or 5 tornadoes touched down killing 2 people. Causing 1 billion dollars in damages. Imma quit the history lesson and continue on my story. At 5pm I seen on the tele that a bunch of tornadoes landed and seen the live coverage of the twisters. I got so freaked out that I ran downstairs with the dog and cats and then I saw my parents watching the storm downstairs on tv and then they reassured me that it weren't going to hit us. And as per nearly every single storm it just missed Springfield. Then about a year or two later when me and my dad were at the airshow in Dayton we were able to hitch a ride on a helicopter and see the damage of the tornados that were still there.

This story begins on a summer evening when me and my parents were taking a vacation to Chicago. The place with a crime rate of 33 thiefs per a thousand residents. AKA the perfect place for a small child to take a vacation to. When we got there we were stuck in a 4-6 hour traffic jam because of a singular crash. After that “minor” jam we got to our 4.5 star luxury hotel. It was quite beautiful asides from the wind shaking the building back and forth. Soon we left our wobbly humble abode for the next few days and me and my mom and dad went for a walk on the pier. This is when things got a little out of control. Me being tall and light at the time nearly flew into Lake Michigan. And when I mean nearly flew, I really do mean nearly flew. I could feel the strong winds start to lift me but I managed to keep to the ground thanks to a very conveniently placed fence and my parents. I guess that's why they call Chicago the windy city because it’s very very windy.

This story takes place when I was a tiny. Before my grandparents sold their camper, Way back in 2015 they toke regular camping trips. Such as the old camp ground thats the Tomorrow Stars RV Resort on East National Road. Before the place fell apart it was a beautiful campground even when it was nearing the end. My grandparents invited me to camp with them their as a birthday gift. I of course went with them and we went to the old campgrounds. As soon as we pulled in we saw there was a bunch of racoons. We pulled up to our spot and then again saw a bunch of racoons except then we saw this giant racoon. It was big, round and fat. It was just staring at us. After a few hours my grandma went out for a cigarette and came in. she forgot to lock the door. Need I remind you that we have seen at least 20 racoons. Then we went to bed. Until then we heard the door attempting to open then we saw this big racoon waltz in like it owns the place and then it proceeds to steal a bag of chips while my grandpa swats at it with a broom like its some bat and then it runs out then my grandpa actually closes the door. And this is where my memory gets foggy and this is where my parents testimony begins. They said that I got so scared of a racoon I called my parents and told them to come to the campgrounds to pick me up which they did. And then from my grandparents testimony in the morning when they just started to walk outside they saw the fat racoon eating the bag of chips it stole in the tree looking right towards their camper.

This story takes place in my grandma and grandpa's back in 2019. I was their staying the night as I typically did back then and was just chilling with my grandparents. As me and my grandparents were watching tv on the couch we saw a black dot fly across the tv. And at the same moment we heard a squeak come from the the second living room. Me and my Grandpa went to check the room and then this big bat comes flying by me and just skims my head and flies by my grandpa. As soon as my Grandma saw the bat she screamed and ran for the garage to hide in the car. Me and my Grandpa then chased the bat around for around over 20 minutes around the bedrooms and around the living rooms and the kitchen until we then managed to get the bat outside by scaring it with a broom and fly swatter. After all of this chaos I told my Grandma the house was “bat free” and she reluctantly walked in. Only after a few weeks of looking around the house and a few more bats did we  manage to find where the bats were coming from and then we caulked it up.

This story takes place way back in 2014 when I was in a Alabamian Bass Pro shop. When Me and my Dad were in the toy aisle we seen a inflatable flying fish. I begged my Dad to get it and he gave in. After that we headed to my Grandpa and Grandmas. My dad then inflated the rc balloon with helium then I flew the robotic fish around the house. Me not being a great pilot back then started to fly it towards my grandpa that was sleeping. The Tail of the fish helped to move it forwards and helped it turn. So once I was over my grandpa that was asleep I tried to turn away from him. However I woke him up while I was trying to turn the fish away.  When he woke up he saw the tail of the fish hitting him in the face. In my desperate attempt to get the fish away from him the fish kept slapping him in his face. Once I managed to get the fish out of the face of my grandpa he laughed it off and went right back to sleep. Not to soon after I hit a loose nail and It went down like it was May 6, 1937 again. One thing I want you to take away from this is that it’s not a great idea to give a 7 year old a robotic flying fish.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.