The Fill Up | Teen Ink

The Fill Up

May 20, 2019
By Luke_McC BRONZE, Austin, Texas
More by this author
Luke_McC BRONZE, Austin, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I am 13 years olds, and I go to Ohenry. I like to play video games in my spare time. I really like to write interesting stories. My favorite movie is Nightmare on Elm street. My favorite book is hunger Catching Fire. My  favorite game is Breath of the Wild. My favorite show is Doctor Who

The author's comments:

There might be more

“Just breath,” Ruby said holding my shoulder to comfort me. “It’s going to be ok. I promise, but if you don’t calm down we’ll run out of oxygen. Take a deep breath in and out, ok. Breathe.”

She was trying to calm me down. She was telling me to breath, but I couldn’t. It’s hard to calm down.  I can’t.

“Are you listening, you need to slow your breathing. We have limited oxygen. If you panic we’ll run out,” Ruby said.

I  took deep breath to slow my breathing. In and out and in and out. I was calming down. My breathing was slower. I was calm.

“Good. We’ll get help somehow.” She took out her phone, but it was crushed and broken. “Dam it.” She sat down and cried.

“ We’ll never make it out,” I cried. I sat down next to Ruby.

“Don’t cry. We’ll waste oxygen,” Ruby said.She stood up and put her hands over her face and screamed. I could tell she was holding back  tears.

“Were never getting out… Are we.”

“Yes.” She said this with an uncertain tone. It was like she knew something else would happen.

“Are you sure.”

“Yes” again, it was uncertain.

We sat down and slowing losing hope. Then it got worse.

The wall broke down with some water coming in. Flowing in a little trickle. Then a little more. The water flowed faster and faster.

“Don’t panic. The water won’t flow fast enough. We won’t drown, ok.” She reassured me.

“Shut up and admit that we're not making it out. We’re dead.” I yelled.

Ruby got up and stare at me. “We will get out of here. I promise.”

I got so angry. I just couldn’t control myself. I was taken over by an outside force.

I grabbed a rock on the ground and thrust my arm into her skull.

She fell to ground and just layed there. I ran over to check if she was still alive. She still had a heartbeat and she was breathing fine.

I fell against the wall facing the hole in the wall. Tears started falling down my cheeks.

The water flowed in more. It started filling up the room a little more.

The water started to push away more rock. More water flowed in the cave. It started to fill up faster.

The rescuers wouldnt come in time. They probably wouldn't come at all. No one knew where we are, anyway.

The water was up to my ankles, and a few moments later to my shins.

It didn’t seem like they would come.

I had to put Ruby on a on a higher elevation, to keep her drowning.

The cave was big enough for at least five minutes left.

But I knew that was a stretch. The water filled the cave up to quickly. It reached to the ceiling. I had to grab Ruby and keep her head up.

Then a soft humming noise started. It sounded mechanical. It was a drill. I thought and hoped.

But it wasn’t going to make it time. The water had almost filled the cave. I had a few seconds before…

I took a deep breath in and ducked my head under water. It was quiet, but I only had about a minute.

I was 15 seconds in and I saw blood flowing around me from Ruby’s busted head. 20 Seconds in and the blood started to get in my nose.

25 seconds in, and the blood filling the cave.

30 seconds in, and Ruby was torn up and bloody. There was nothing here that could do this but she was messed up. Ruined, bloody ,and torn.

35, blood in my eyes.

40, in my mouth.

45,in my nose.

50.

I started to breathe in water. I felt terrible and lightheaded. I started to breathe in Ruby’s blood.

My conscience slipped away to a dark black world.

                                        


“You were supposed die,”  This man said. “You weren’t supposed to be alive when this was over.”

I was in a hospital bed. I had a sharp pain in the side of head.

“The deal was I have your body,”  he looked at me with a stern stare. “You wanted something to happen in this boring town. I did that.”

“I never made a deal with you.I never wanted this to  happen.”

“I remember you wishing on star.Do you remember? You cheated the deal. That's not allowed with me.”

He  stared straight into my soul.

“You give me a physical form. I don’t kill you. This body I have know isn’t physical anymore. I know you want this, Owen.”

“Yes. I’ll do it.” I wanted this deal.

“Good. I didn’t think it would be that easy. Here  are my requirements. I want someone young. I want someone you care for,” he said.

“Fine.”

“Any questions, Owen.”

“Yes. What happened to Ruby.”

“I had to get you here somehow.”

With that last remark he walked into the shadows to disappear. ##############################################################################

“Lena what your dealing with is a monster, a demon. He’s smart, and clever. Whatever you wished for, he’ll do it. He’ll twist it.”

“Lena, just run away. He’ll never leave you alone. Just run and never look back.”

“But he killed my best friend, Ellie. I can’t run.” I said.

“If you try to stop him, he’ll kill more than just your best friend.”

“But I’m ready. I think I can kill him.”

“No. You can’t just leave this town. He has a hold of this town. Leave it. Now!” He looked at me sternly.

“NO! I can do this. I know how to kill him.”

“You could make this worse. Way worse.”

I walk out of the house. I lied. I have no plan.

I’m not ready.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.