The Dragon Anthology of Modern Mythology | Teen Ink

The Dragon Anthology of Modern Mythology

By Sammygirl7 BRONZE, Anaheim, California
Sammygirl7 BRONZE, Anaheim, California

Author's note:

This anthology is very fun and written by very fun people. While my class wrote this we were reading a shortened version of the Oddesey and discussed the Illyiad while in a exciting and imaginative class. Me and my peers also read a mythology book by national geopgraphic and had ideas flowing all the time.

First there was nothing in the world except for darkness and a very small pebble. Slowly, unknown forces heated the small rock up until it was so hot, it burst into flame. Now the world was nothing but flame. And from this flame, a creature rose, half man, half dragon, and admired his lonely kingdom.

The dragon-man thought he was alone. He wandered the fields of flame, looking for another living thing, but he was searching in vain. Yet there was another, hiding in the deepest, darkest corners of the universe. It had no name, but it’s evil could plunge the realm into darkness, and it was coming for the dragon-man.

The dragon-man sensed that something coming. He felt it’s coldness, as cold as fire was hot, and it’s hate for all things good. If only he had something to protect him. And then he felt something. Something light, something good, shining through the darkness.  He remembered the pebble. The pebble that had brought him into existence. What had become of it? So he aimlessly wandered the realm again. Just as he was about to give up, he found a small pane of glass. When the pebble had caught on fire, it had melted into a piece of glass. But this was no ordinary glass. It had the magic to see good in all things, even this nameless evil. The dragon-man took the glass  and fashioned it into a crystal ball.

The evil had arrived, and it was face-to-face with the dragon-man. It was like a dark, slithering, serpent. It crawled towards him and rasped,  “I see you think the universe is yours, but no matter how hard you fight in the end evil will win. Let's see how hard you are willing to fight in a battle that you have already lost.”  And he lunged at the dragon man and the battle began.

The evil was nearly invincible. The dragon-man became weakened. Then he remembered his crystal ball. He pulled it out  and he got a stunning vision. He saw the future. It was beautiful. Dragons flew around and there was peace. The only pain that came with it was the realization that he would have to sacrifice himself  and that the evil would always exist, waiting to curl it’s ugly fingers around the unsuspecting dragons. He returned from his vision with new purpose. He threw the crystal ball up, and it exploded in a firework display of light. Unfortunately while it did defeat the evil,  it also took the dragon-man's life. All that was left was five of his scales, glistening in the dawn.

The scales sat there for a long time and until the dragon-man’s Spirit decided to give them the breath of life. From the scales came five dragons that would make this  lonely, desolate, world beautiful again. There was the dragon of earth, the dragon of water, the dragon of air, the dragon of shadows, and the most important one, the dragon of the stars. They came together and a new civilization was born, out of fire and flame.

While all five dragons would quickly grow and honor their creator, the Dragon of the Stars was the most important. When the other four were brought to life, they became the elements of the earth. But the Dragon of the Stars had an element of the heavens making her the most important. When the crystal ball exploded, light and ashes fell upon the fifth scale, leaving it glowing like embers. When the dragon man gave life to his remaining earthly body, the fifth scale was already more powerful than the others.

When the Dragon of the Stars was born, she wandered the earth for she felt power in her and wanted a challenge to best it against. When she flew she heard many different whispers from the barren life around her. After flying for some time, she heard the word Estrella. It was so beautiful, so unique, so power holding. She chose it to be her name and decided that a powerful label would strike fear into the hearts of her enemies.

Looking, she found The Evil. Estrella did not know what it was, nor what it was capable of, but she sensed power. She sensed that though it was hidden, it had a plan. She sat with The Evil and weighed her chances. Would it be the only other soul she could challenge herself with? Or, would she try to accompany this evil. Would she let more power leak into her own self?

She decided she would partner with The Evil. For there was no virtue and evil, there was only Estrella and the darkness.

“What is it you want with me?” inquired The Evil.

“I believe that together we can accomplish more than this earth can hold. No moral and wicked, only power which is what we can attain. You living in this cave by yourself shall never come to the rule you deserve. And I, so new to this world, know so little.” replied Estrella.

“I will give you power in exchange for the ban of partnership. Be my servant and messenger, o’ dragon, and all will be well.” proposed The Evil.

“I accept under the condition that if I do not gain the power you have promised than I shall strike.” she told it.

“Settled.” responded The Evil. But only he knew that whence the time came for Estrella to know that it was a one way deal, he would be powerful enough to deflect her strike.

That next day The Evil had thought of the first task he would put on her. When she awoke, he told her the deed. “You must go find the four other dragons, for their powers - together - are much greater than yours. You must destroy them, one by one.”

“I will.” nodded Estrella and she flew out to find these unknown dragons. She flew for many days, searching. But the land was barren and no one was there. When night came, she noticed that when she spoke, each word turned into shining bright orbs in the sky. Soon, there were so many that the darkness faltered and Estrella could see the way.

Whence day came, the land was not barren and the ground turned green. There, up ahead, was a stream! It was glorious…..and in it was the Dragon of Water. Estrella watched her splash around gracefully in the stream. Each stroke more strong yet delicate than the last. Suddenly, the dragon rose and flipped while the water formed an arch all around her and then plunged back in. Estrella was dumbfounded and stared, but the Dragon saw her.

“I’ve come to challenge you!” exclaimed Estrella. Thinking she then announced, “But first I shall name you. For when I bring my master my prize I must call it something. I shall name you Corrente after the streams you have so beautifully created.”

“But shall you really kill your kin?” asked Corrente.

“Kin?” asked the other.

“For sure you know that we were made from the five scales of the dragon man, eternal ruler? But shall you kill me?” replied Corrente.

And Estrella knew this was family and that she could not kill her sister of the earth.

So she went back to The Evil and told him of her prize, a family.

The Evil was not pleased and banished her to join the civilization of the Dragons.

But Estrella’s mind was always thinking of The Evil’s words: “You must go find the four other dragons, for their powers - together - are much greater than yours.”

Once in the formation of Dark and light was the creation of one Man who always loved to hide in the dark, he got married with a women named katrisha. When this women first met this man she did not like him that much because he was full of Darkness and she was full of light. But at the time this women didn’t know that this man was given the powers to turn into a Dark and Scary Dragon. But on the day the child was born it looked normal.

On one night when the the child was 8 years old it became a giant dragon! Katrisha screamed and kicked the dragon out of the house. From then on this child was Called the Night Dragon. This Dragon would creep around trying to save people. Although these people would always run away from the dragon even though it just saved there life.

At the time 6:00 the dragon finally turned back to human from then on the Dragon would always hide his powers from everyone else. This Child could no longer take it when he was 17 at 12:00 he flied away from Earth and lived in the Moon where no one could ever make fun of him and he could still watch if Earth was safe. 20 years later the Dragon got bigger and bigger until it became bigger than Earth. So the Dragon would just live on top of earth. Everyone on Earth never saw a thing when he would lay down on earth.

So the big Dragon of Night would lay on the side of the Earth that was dark and had no light and no one complained again. Once there came the Sun Dragon and came to help the Night Dragon “What seems to be your problem.” The Sun Dragon said. The Night Dragon said “I always save everybody down in Earth but they never appreciate what I have done for their planet.” The Sun Dragon said “Well I can help you out so that you wouldn't have to live live your life as a dark and scary dragon that now one likes.” And these two dragons went on helping each other out and trying to save planet Earth from any attacks.

Later the two dragons were enjoying life until one day the two of them decided they should combined powers. “Hay we should combined powers.” The Night Dragon said. “Why.” The Sun Dragon said “So people will not make fun of us.” The Night Dragon said. “Your right maybe it would be good to change into a big powerful dragon so nobody can tease us.” The Sun Dragon said. “Well let's try it.” The Night dragon said. “OK lets do it” The Sun Dragon said.

Suddenly the two emerged and the Night combined with the Sun and they became the Dragon of Darkness and lightness. And as the people on Earth saw this dragon they wouldn’t dare tease the dragon. From now on it was the beast of goodness and badness. Later this beastly dragon saw a one eyed beast trying to attack everyone on earth. The dragon swooped down and slashed the monster, and it was dead in one hit. Everyone on Earth was very respectful after this had happened. The beast lived very happily after this and became known as the Dragon of Darkness and Light.

Moral of the story: Don’t let anyone pull you back.

When the water dragon was born, she had no name.  Yes, Estrella had named her, but she wanted to find her name by herself. She longed with all her flesh and blood, all day and night. But instead of letting it get to her, she decided to use the jealousy to motivate her. She would go on a quest. A quest to find herself a jewel of a  name.

The water dragon bade farewell to her brothers and sisters, then flew off. She had no idea where she was going, but she did know what she was looking for. I am going to find myself a name, she thought as she flew into the sunset.

Early next morning, she woke from her mid-air slumber and took in her surroundings. An field of parched grass lay below her, as dry as the deserts of Scylla. Being the dragon of water, she summoned a small rain cloud. As the cloud’s sweet water poured over the land, the grass immediately turned green and began to produce small fruits. The dragon swooped down and inspected the bright yellow orb, it begging to have her eat it. It was as glorious as the sun itself. It was too beautiful to be poisonous, the dragon took a greedy bite. It’s warm, sweet juices dripped down the dragon’s tongue. A reward for her graciousness. But she knew her calling. She put a couple of fruits into a leathery pouch , then continued her journey.

When the dragon arrived at the seashore, she looked out from the bluff on which she was standing on and saw the ocean, churning and black. Just like her stomach. She sensed she was close, and to get to her name, she would have to dive beneath the hungry waves.

The dragon caught her breath and plunged. The water was cold, it clung to every inch of her body. But with each stroke forward, she could feel she was getting closer. Then the cave came into view. It was a large, gaping, mouth, ready to swallow her. She put her fears in her nonexistent pockets, and swam inside.

Inside the cave sat a Kraken. A miniature Kraken. It was only about the size of the dragon. Yet she could tell it was evil, it’s eyes made out of ice. It’s many tentacles were wrapped around a treasure chest. My name must be in there, the dragon thought. “What will I have to pay to look in that chest?” she asked. The Kraken looked her dead in the eye. “Your most prized possession.” the Kraken replied. “I… I don’t know what that is.” the dragon squeaked. “Let’s cut to the chase.” the creature rasped. “I want you wings.”

The water dragon was shocked, but she knew what she had to do. She took a deep breath, and as she breathed out, said “Do it.” And it was done. The Kraken waved his fattest tentacle, and whoosh, her wings were gone. The dragon winced, for the act was more painful than pain itself. But she held in her rivers tears, imagining her name, surrounded in a beautiful ray of light, reaching out. An impatient grunt knocked her out of her fantasy. The Kraken handed her the chest and croaked, “Now make like your wings and disappear.”

On the shore, the dragon looked at the chest, pulled herself together, and opened the chest. Inside was a single pearl. Engraved on it, there was one word. Calypso. A tear slid down Calypso’s cheek. Yes, she had lost something, but in the chest was something she knew she would treasure much more.

When the Estrella had come into the community of dragons, she met the Dragon of the Shadows who was named Sombra. She fell deeply in love with Sombra for he reminded her so much of The Evil that had lurked in the shadows of the cave. She always remembered that she had done the right thing, but she also always remembered how she lost the power that was to be given to her. When she was with Sombra it was like having power again.

Each dragon could turn into a human at will, and while Estrella was an immaculate creature, Sombra thought she was the most beautiful woman in the entire universe. He liked how she was bright, how her words could light up the sky. But she was also power hungry and vicious.

Sombra chose Estrella for his wife. When they were ready for children though, they couldn’t have any. Estrella told Sombra she needed to fly away for some time to grieve over her lost children. She flew up above the stars and didn’t talk for a long time. When she could take it no more she burst into tears and wept in sorrow. Each tear of hers was large and dense and took form of a shooting star, falling down and down and eventually disappearing. One of the shooting stars hit a glowing orb that was a star and it became heavy and fell to earth. Estrella heard the thump as it fell and flew down to see what it was. She caught a glint of the golden sphere and picked it up. It was beautiful and calmed her sadness. She took it back to Sombra and he cherished the orb. When they slept they put it between them and in the morning it was a shining, golden egg. They squealed with joy. In a week, the little dragon hatched. They named him Sufocante and called him Sufo for short. Sufo grew and grew, but showed no signs of  being human at all. Estrella and Sombra grew worried but loved their son with all their might.

The air dragon, Kanib, was jealous. He was envious of Estrella, dragon of the stars. Everyone told Estrella that she was the best, when all she did was make little shiny things in the sky. Kanib, on the other hand, gave all other dragons the ability of flight (except Calypso, of course). His first thought was to go confront Estrella, then pound her to smithereens finer than dust. But he knew that wasn’t possible, so he decided that he would refuse to let dragons fly in his air.

Estrella and Sombra, along with Sufo, were on their way to the enchanted orchards when they dropped out of the sky like scaly boulders. Both Estrella and Sombra were gravely injured,with more bumps and bruises than a rotten apple. But Sufo, maybe because he was all dragon, had but a small scratch the size of a . The two dragons looked into their son’s eyes, then said in unison, “Go son, we will get better in time, but it is up to you to give us flight again.” Sufo pondered this. Being slightly lazy, his first instinct was to say no, then stomp off. But his love for his parents gave him new determination, a determination so strong it could move mountains, so he gave a weepy goodbye and set off.

Kanib was pleased, he saw that all the dragons were out of his sky. One little dragon though, was stomping the earth with some sort of purpose. He called on a gust of wind, to go cast it’s ever-watching eye on the dragon, and waited impatiently for the news to arrive.

Sufo couldn’t help but feel watched. He looked around, saw nothing, and shrugged. He was so caught up in his quest, he did not feel the cold breeze literally wrapping around him.

When the wind returned to its master, it told Kanib about how Sufo was coming to demand flight back for all dragons. “That is not happening.” Kanib whispered to himself. He called on a different wind, a North Wind, a gust so chilly it rattled your bones, and sent it down to stop Sufo.

Standing in front of Sufo was the most beautiful dragon he had ever seen. It’s scales were the color of rubies, and its claws were dainty, yet deadly, it’s eyes filled with the sort of intelligence someone has when they know a secret. He stopped dead in his tracks. “Come with me.” The dragon said, in a voice that seemed to ring in his ears. “Stay with me forever.” For a second, Sufo was ready to run off with this alluring stranger, for he was head over scales in love. When he reached out his hand to her, she grabbed it and wouldn’t let go. A wave of nausea swept over him. He jumped back in shock. “No thanks.” Sufo muttered, then walked away. As soon as Sufo’s back was turned, the dragon scowled and turned back to its original form. The North Wind.

Sufo continued on his way, until he came to a fortress in the sky. This was Kanib’s castle. Now if only he could fly. As if someone had read his mind, a cloud swooped down from the sky and hovered in front of him. Sufo hopped on, and as he rose up, thought, “Wonderful. A personal Cloud Elevator.” He rolled his eyes higher than the stars in the sky.

Waiting for Sufo was Kanib himself. “Give us back our flight!” Sufo demanded. “No!” Kanib screamed back. A gust of wind came at Sufo, so strong it nearly knocked him into the sky below. He held his ground. Again, Kanib sent powerful puffs of wind in Sufo’s face. Maybe it was his anger, or the love for his parents, but suddenly, Sufo felt a newfound energy coursing through his veins. A gnarled bolt of electricity shot out of his mouth, hitting Kanib. Instead of trying to fight back, Kanib collapsed. Out of his mouth leaked something dark and black, along with something golden. The evil, which Sufo would identify later, slithered away to a place unknown. But the gold stayed. Sufo picked it up, and it absorbed into his skin. This gold was humanity, shining brighter than the most hungry fire.

Kanib looked up at him. “Thank you for getting rid of my evil. In exchange, I will give you and all the other dragons flight.”He said. And so it was done. All the dragons took their broken wings, and took to the sky again. Sufo flew down to the Earth to meet his mother and father, with humanity in his heart, and as the new dragon of Thunder and Lightning.

When all these dragons were formed there was one that did not seem the same as the others. He would always struggle for power. This dragon lived in the deepest part of the Earth. It lived in the center of Earth. Anyone who goes to the center of the Earth won't know what's coming to them. The Dragon of the UnderWorld is the pet of the Devil. The devil calls this dragon Rion the protector of the UnderWorld. Rion usually fights with the Angel Dragon which is the protector of Heaven. There are lots of treasures down in the UnderWorld so the Rion can lure the knights there. Then Rion can eat them all for dinner and breakfast.

The people on Earth were always upset with Rion. Rion punished them by creating giant earthquakes which shaked all the buildings and than set all the buildings to fire so no one could escape. The Dragon killed hundreds of people. 10 years later a hero came his name was Ogar he tried to kill the beast but he was no match. Until the Angel Dragon came and killed the Rion. When this Dragon died they called it the Devil Dragon the beast who was immortal. The Angel Dragon was happy of its victory and flew threw the skies to heaven where it can watch the people of Earth.

The Angel Dragon did not really win this victory because the Devil revived his pet and it still ruled the UnderWorld. The Devil chained the Dragon of the UnderWorld there so he couldn't escape. The Dragon would guard the UnderWorld so that nobody could come to his land of darkness and evil. The Devil also created more guardians he created soldiers from the dead soles of the people he killed. The UnderWorld was the strongest kingdom on Earth.

Moral of the story: Never get too arrogant.

As Sufo grew up with the humanity in his heart, his mother and father continually asked him to retell the story of saving them.

One day when, at last, Sufo had finished retelling the story once more, Sombra wondered a wondrous question. “What happened to that lightning bolt you have told us so much about?”

“I do not know. I’ve never thought about it like that.” replied Sufo. He turned into a dragon and puffed a large breath but instead of the lightning came out fire.

“Fire!” screamed Estrella, though it was a happy scream. “Outstanding for you, son.”

“But I wanted lightning.” wined Sufo.

“Enough crying!” commanded Sombra, “Go talk to Terrestre.”

Terrestre was the daughter of Terra, the dragon of the earth, and Rocha - the dragon of rock. She wasn’t the friendliest, but Sufo felt he had nothing better to do.

So he went to his cousin and told her of the news.

“Fire? Huh.” she sighed.

“What?” he asked.

“Well……” she blew a perfect burst of flames, “it’s not exactly special or anything. All dragons breathe fire. You just don’t have anything unique about you. Unless unique is lame, because you couldn’t breathe fire in the first place.”

Sufo went home devastated, but that night in a dream, Kanib talked to him.

“Come to me, young dragon, I have the answer to your problems.”

The next day Sufo told his parents what he had seen. Estrella did not feel very comfortable with this. She knew her brother had been possessed by evil, but he could still be sneaky. She looked into her son’s eyes and seeing longing let him go. However, before he left, she gave him a ring with a dazzling red gem on it. Yet, though it was red, it was not a ruby. She told her son this.

“It’s a portal.” she explained, “Tap it once and the portal goes away and leaves you with a golden ring. This is because if anyone sees a gold ring they will leave thy alone. However, if they see a ‘ruby’, they will want to steal it. Tap it twice, and the portal comes back. Tap it three times and you will be transported back to me.”

Sufo took the ring and slipped it on. He admired the portal and tapped it twice. It went away. He thanked his mother and flew off to Kanib’s castle. When he arrived Kanib was happy to see him. “I have the answer to your problems.” he coaxed

“You’ve told me,” replied Sufo, “in my dreams.”

“Yet, my boy, everything comes with a price.” Kanib told him.

Sufo looked around and when he could find nothing, looked down in shame. But upon looking down he spotted his hand with the gold ring on it.

“How about this ring?” he asked, showing Kanib the gold.

“Gold? Why, my son can do better!” Kanib laughed.

Sufo tapped it two times and the gem appeared. “It’s pure ruby.” he lied, “The largest in the world.”

Kanib stared at the beautiful gem and reached out for it.

Sufo stepped back, “You tell me your part of the deal. What are you giving me?”

Kanib gasped as if coming up above water and then answered Sufo a refreshed tone.

“I know of a dragon that doesn’t breathe fire. A dragon who is even less unique than you. I will tell you how to get to her. Two, I will get your lighting bolts and thunder booms back to you.”

Sufo took the deal, thinking up a plan.

He was told to travel a million miles North where he would find a cave, there he would find the dragon.

But Sufo was quick, and asked how to get his lightning bolts back.

“When you’ve found the dragon, she will tell you how.” replied Kanib.

So Sufo set off and found the dragon. She lived in an cold, drafty and unwelcoming cave.

“I’ve heard you can’t breathe fire.” stated Sufo cautiously.

“Because I can do this!” she took a large breath and shot out a barricade of ice. Sufo dodged but got his hand stuck, the one with the ring. Instantly he spewed fire at it, and while he burned his fingers, he was free.

“You are a quick thinker and light footed. In exchange I will tell you how to gain your powers back. You must have your mother sacrifice you with the burning of her stars. Then, and only then, will you have your bolts once more.”

Sufo left the cave, but didn’t know that once he left, the dragon turned into the North Wind and went back to Kanib.

“Bring him here!” yelled Kanib. So the wind took Sufo and brought him to Kanib.

“Give me the ring.” commanded Kanib, “Then you can continue on your journey.” Sufo waved the portal in front of Kanib’s face and then, behind his back, tapped it three times. He disappeared and arrived in front of his mother. “Sacrifice me!” screamed Sufo, “I must have my powers back.”

His mother was taken aback but spotted Kanib’s trick.

“Son,” she told Sufo, “you must not listen to Kanib. He has hoodwinked you and stolen your ring.”

“The ring is here, mother!” replied Sufo handing the ring back. “But he hasn’t tricked me. He told me the answer, I met the Dragon of Ice.”

“The Dragon was the North Wind, disguised. I do not know what happened you the lighting shot out of you, but it shall never come back. He only wanted you killed by your own mother. But I have heard of a prophecy that one day, another creature shall inhabit the earth. They will be called the Argila. They shall fight against each other, for they will not have the safety and warmth of fire. Your gift shall touch the world, they will worship you.”

Mora, Terrestre’s daughter, was an oddball,outcast, and weirdo. Why? She prefered her human form to her dragon form, which was frowned upon by her relations. But Mora had a reason. She was the dragon of lava and magma, and she loved spending her days dancing across it, which one could not do in their dragon form, because dragons are quite clumsy. Her dancing was more beautiful than any treasure of the earth, but she did it in secret. So no one ever quite understood her favoritism.

One day, when spinning across a particularly frothy patch of lava, she was caught. Caught by Sufo, dragon of thunder and lightning. “Your dancing is so beautiful,”he said. Mora, embarrassed, stopped abruptly, then turned the color of the magma beneath her. “Why don’t you share it with anyone?” Sufo asked. “Because I only do it in my human form.” Mora whimpered, “And no one understands.” “Come.” Sufo demanded as he pulled Mora off the lava. “You will dance in front of my mother. She will understand

Mora took a deep breath. She was standing in front of Estrella, dragons of the stars. “You may begin.” Estrella said, as she sank onto a comforter made out of silk and stardust. So Mora began. She twirled like a top, jumped with more grace than a gazelle,and lost more of herself with each step. Long after Estrella had told her to stop, Mora slowed to a halt. She turned to look at Estrella. “That was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.” She murmured. “Therefore, I give you the power to be able to share it with all the other dragons” “No, Estrella. I want to be left alone.” Mora replied. “Then I shall give you a companion instead,” Estrella quipped. “He is waiting for you back at the lava fields.”

When Mora arrived home, a huge bubble of magma had formed. As soon as it hardened into a black orb, it cracked. A human with black scales covering a portion of its body emerged, it’s figure dancing inside Mora’s eyes. Mora felt love instantly. She named this creature Igneus. From that day on, they would dance together, and get so carried away, volcanoes  shoot forth their bubbling lava all around the earth.

While all of the other dragons were happily dozing off from a days worth of work, one of the dragons, Calypso, was busy under the murky dark waters. It was beyond unsafe for any living creature to be under the waters at night but Calypso was determined to prove this wrong. Unlike her siblings, Calypso was much to daring when came to a challenge, so with this, she went off swimming in the dark.

But little did this water dragon know, was something watching her in the darkened seas depths. Slithery as it is, slid this creature from one side of it’s dwelling to the next, awaiting for its prey to arrive. This creature was huge, in other words massive,which will explain of it’s coming to the oceans in the night, when the waters were deserted of course. And so it sat there waiting for it’s late night snack to arrive.

Calypso was getting so close to this dwelling, that the smell from the beast's den, was getting stronger and stronger. As Calypso came up to the cavern, she stopped, and waited as though something were to come out, and evade her. But no, all that she got from the dark waters was quietness, complete solid quietness, as though something, or someone would come. All of a sudden, left the quirkiness, and bravery she had built inside her, and in its place, bestowed fright, shock, and scaredness. But with all of that, she still kept on going over the gorge and all.

That was it, the beast couldn't take it any longer, he longed out on her, when she least expected it, and shriekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Went the den of the beast, as it collapsed on the creature itself. Letting the creature die within time passing.

What Calypso had done, was move quickly to the side, allowing only a bite from the giant beast to reach her, and with her quick thinking came the slamming of the beast againsts it’s very own den, to its death. It was much too dark for her to see what had attacked her, but she knew very well to that it was best to stay away from it with all costs.

Later on in the morning, awoke Calypso, waiting to hereby declare her prize to her siblings, was shocked. Right in front of her lay a massive Loch Ness Monster, much bigger than the Kraken encounter, that she had to deal with. Just looking at it made her quiver, even though it was dead, it still made her get frightened, by it.

At that exact moment, she finally felt the big bite, that the Loch Ness, took out of her. Like all Loch Ness Monsters, any one of their bites are painfully mysterious, and envolve tons of magic. It was right in her shoulder, but she just couldn’t figure out how the Monster had done it to her. Either way it was there, and she needed to do something fast, before the magical poison would spread.

As Calypso swam, she felt the bite getting more swollen in seconds. All of a sudden, she felt the magic of the bite spread out through her body, her capability to turn human, left, the beautiful color of her scales, left, replacing them with thick gray, her gorgeous eyes started to turn thin and narrow, along with changing her eye color from a beautiful blue to a screeching black, but most importantly, her ability to fly, left, and with that left her to sink slowly, slowly, to the almost endless bottoms of the sea.

With all of this happening to her, she finally got one of the reasons why no one dared to venture the oceans out at night. She finally understood why no one even tried too. But with all of this happening, it didn’t matter to her what grave mistake she had made, all that she wanted now was to just go ahead and fix it, to fix it all. But as much as she tried, to flap her arms and swim, it just wouldn’t work. And with all of the panic, she began to lose all of her breath, she was losing more and more air by the second, and not getting any closer to the top of the surface. As she sunk deeper and deeper, things got darker and colder, emptier and quieter, until she felt the magic pour into her skin, and her flesh, and her scale, she felt a surge of power, unmistakable power, that pulsed through her skin, it had a dark feeling. Calypso, dragon of the water, had now turned to the dark side.

She lost all her air, but that didn’t matter, she could now breath underwater. Although, Calypso couldn’t swim she sank, and down she went until, she hid the bottom of a volcano, that had not been disturbed for years, or maybe even centuries. She landed in the center of the volcano, and sat there waiting, as though something should come. But here was her greatest gift of all, as all of the other dragons would breath and churn fire, Calypso couldn’t, for she was under water, and it would be a pure waist of her newly come energy, to even try to breath fire. So, what she was gifted, as a reward to joining the dark side, was breathing in and out smoke, smoke and asphalt, pure asphalt, so pure, that she was able to choke anyone in sight, and let them die right in front of her. This was her gift, this was her gift.

With all that was happening to Calypso, she wanted desperately to show her siblings, even though they might think of her as a dark and evil guardian of the deep waters, she still didn’t mind. She was much more powerful than any of them combined. But when she tried to flap her wings, she got nothing but water waves and currents flowing right back at her. She then remembered that her flight was taken away from her, anger surged through every single one of her veins. And it was also then, that she saw on how her wings, had turned to gruesome fins. So she tried to swim but it was no use, she was glued to the ground, stuck solid, she could still hover over the water, but would still stay there, stranded, to the ocean floor. Knowing that you could over power something, but your not able too, would probably get you fired up too. Still, she thought, think of how much pitying I would give to them if I even went up there, to show them who's boss. And that's when it happened, her anger and tension had created a whirlwind of water, to go of, too, tell everyone who was the new ruler of all.

That's when Calypso then decided to change her name, It should be something feared to all, and bring fear down to their hearts. It should be something that would crack down on their scales, something hard, something scary. That would strike crulesomeness, to them all. Hatred, pure hatred. And so it was decided, that Smother, would be her new name. And although she was a lone down their in the deep waters, it didn’t matter to her any more, it would always stay dark down, perfect for her to give fears to those who dared to come down and annoy her, and it was cold too, so that way prey would come closer to her, in order to migrate to warmer waters, so pretty much her food and peace and quiet was taken care of, so all she had to do was sit there and wait for her hench whirlwinds to come back and tell her that the luering was done, and her siblings would soon be on their way to challenge her. In the meantime she could sit there waiting, while thinking up a plan.

Terrestre should have been happy. Here she was, in a peaceful kingdom of stone and fire, which she ruled along with her father, Rocha, dragon of rock. She was surrounded by her beautiful children. Yet she was depressed.

Terrestre knew there must be some way to get rid of this storm cloud over her head, so she went to visit Hedera, the daughter of Calypso, and the dragoness of plants. Hedera and Terrestre had a special bond, for Terrestre shared her earth with Hedera, so that Hedera’s plants could grow.

At her arrival, Hedera waved Terrestre to a sea-green cushion, then sat herself down in one that was completely identical. “What seems to be the problem, Auntie?” Hedera implored. Terrestre poured her heart out. “I have everything I could ever want, yet all I feel is emptiness. I have tried to hide it, ignore it, and get rid of it, but I just can’t. I feel as if I shall be doomed to live the rest of my years in utmost misery.” “I have an answer for you,”Hedera replied, “But you may not like it. You must extract a single petal from the fire flower, then brew it into tea. Before you go ahead thinking that’s easy, the fire flower is the most plucky plant known to dragonkind. It’s even snotty towards me, and I’m in charge of it.” “Thank you for the company,” Terrestre exclaimed, as if she had just snapped out of a trance. “But I have to go find that flower, no matter how bratty it is.”

Not knowing where she was going, Terrestre set off, wandering in no particular direction, until she came across a small Ember sitting in the middle of the road. An Ember was a dragon, it just couldn’t breathe out more than a weak puff of smoke. They also couldn’t use magic, even if their lives depended on it. And here was one, sitting in the middle of the road, like a living statue. “Hello, may I please pass?” Terrestre asked. The Ember sat there and simply blinked. Then it took a nearby twig and scratched something in the dirt. Although nearly unreadable, Terrestre could make out, It is better to fail than to not try at all, and what seems a strength may become downfall. The Ember did nothing else, so Terrestre picked up its tiny frame, put it down on the side of the road, and continued on her way.

After a very long time, the magnificent silhouette of the fire flower came into view. It was over 20 feet tall, and it’s many petals stretched out as if they were looking to soak up the last drops of the setting sun. As Terrestre inched closer, the flower raised its head, as if looking at her, then spoke. “You will never get what you seek.” Terrestre was shocked, but could sense the flower’s weakness. “I have not come to take anything from you, I have come to admire your beauty.” The flower leaned closer, as if listening. “You are a shooting star! No wait, you are more like Halley’s Comet! You are more beautiful than Helen, treasure of Troy! If only you could see your beauty!” “If you have a mirror of some sort,” the flower murmured, “Maybe I could do so.” Terrestre pulled out a mirror with a mother-of-pearl hilt. It had been a gift from Calypso, but she must make the sacrifice. She handed the mirror to the flower, who was instantly sucked into its own reflection. It was so absorbed that when Terrestre yanked one of its petals off, it did not even notice. Terrestre snatched her prize and flew off into the crystal-blue  night.

The kettle whistled. Terrestre pulled it off the hot rock it was sitting on, then dropped the petal into the churning steam. It instantly turned purple. Too impatient to wait for it to cool, Terrestre took a greedy sip, nearly burning her tongue. She immediately felt ill, then watched in horror as a murky, gray mass slithered out of her mouth. But after it had sunk into the ground she felt glorious. It was said she was so happy that day, she jumped for joy, causing the first earthquake.

The Evil was roaming, looking for Estrella, when he discovered Sufocante. The Evil hid in the bushes. Realizing that this was a new dragon, The Dragon of Peace, he leaped out of the bushes and viciously attacked Sufocante. Sufocante did not fight back. The Evil drew his sword, covered in jewels of all kinds and sliced Sufocante in two. The Evil cursed the two halves resulting in two humans, Jabanyan and Lampo.  Sufocante’s dragon spirit soared away as a gushing wind, The Wind of Peace.

Jabanyan and Lampo were the first two full humans. The two ran from The Evil and chased The Spirit of Sufocante. For three hundred years, in frustration, they searched for signs of the wind. Following gentle breezes, running after violent hurricanes, speeding towards circling tornadoes, sprinting to catch the powerful cyclones and advancing towards sideways monsoons, knowing that if they could reunite with The Spirit of Sufocante, they could reform back into a peaceful dragon and end the curse.

However, the two humans could not seize the wind. The search proved to be an impossible task. In those three hundred years Jabanyan and Lampo married nymphs, populated the land and created civilizations. The story of this quest to catch The Wind of Peace is still told today.  No human can escape the curse of Sufocante. To chase after peace and never find it is man’s fate. Who can catch the wind?

This is the most powerful dragon of all the dragons. This dragon can destroy one solar system with one breath. The name of this dragon is hemazer. Hemazer usually hides in the dark just watching but if any dragon tries to fight him he can create a black hole and it will suck the dragon. No dragon ever dars come neer Hemazer because they now that they will die. Many people on earth don’t know about this dragon because it is very far away from them. Hemazer has one of the most powerful abilities of all the dragons thats what makes him so indestructible.

The Dragon of the Universe went on into the deepest part of our solar system and was able to take on the powers of other dragons. One dragon interested him the most and this was the Dragon of Light and Dark because it had two powers at once. So he came to the Dragon of Light and Dark and said “How do you have two powers at once?”. “ I have them because combined with the Sun Dragon”. “You too shall separate to keep your positions or else.”

“Ok----master yes Master we will separate.” Suddenly the light and the dark seperated and created the Sun Dragon and the Dark Dragon went back to their positions.

Know Hemazer was always obeyed by all the dragons except for one Rion The Dragon of the UnderWorld. Rion would always disobey Hemazer and walk all over him. Hemazer punished Rion by unleashing Rion from his chains, and chaining him down underwater so his flames will burn out and he will die.

The Moral of the story is never disobey your elders.

When Corrente was found by Estrella, she had felt a light inside her. Corrente had known of the other Dragons, but never thought of meeting them. She was shy and never wanted to venture out of her comfort zone. For example: she knew she could fly and admired her beautiful blue wings each day…...but she never left the water, for she knew she was much faster there and felt safer.

One day she saw the Dragon of Light, he had been separated from the Dragon of Dark and she instantly fell in love. She loved the way the light bounced off her water, played in her streams, shimmered on her lake.

When the Dragon of Light passed by once more she splashed, dived, and put on a wonderful show. He stopped and swooped down, turning into his human form. Corrente turned into her human form and came up to the tip of the land. The Dragon of Light thought she was indeed beautiful, but didn’t feel the same love she felt. He looked at her blue dress. It was beautiful. The shading of it was like water, hard to make out yet very distinct. It was light and easy to swim in, the tresses almost like feathers. It was a modest dress, but almost translucent, like light bouncing off water.  

“Step out of the water.” he commanded.

Corrente would have refused to anyone else, but she looked into his face and obeyed. He put his hand out and with one flick, the warmth and light came about her and dried her.

She felt the light caress her as she dried and was almost sad when it left.

She took the Dragon of Light to her little hug she had built in a bog far up her stream. There they talked and laughed and ate. When they had ate and laughed and talked all they could, the Dragon of Light asked, “Now how about some wine to wash down the food?”

“Wine?” asked Corrente, for she had never heard of such a thing.

“It is a delicious, rich drink, made by the Dragoness, Uva.” replied the Dragon of Light.

“Oh, I see.” responded Corrente, but she had not seen or ever heard of Uva.

She went inside and brought out two beautifully made glasses and a large pitcher of the purist water.

She poured the water and handed it to the Dragon of Light.

He drank deep and decided he liked it.

“It is quite a drink, but not as delectable as wine.” he told her.

Corrente felt maddened - competition? Was Uva to steal the Dragon of Light? Wine better than water?

It made no sense. She slipped into her dragon form and dived gracefully into the water. The Dragon of Light appreciated her ‘little game’. Though he didn’t know it was to blow off steam. He hopped into the water after her but found he could not swim or breathe under the water.

Corrente saw and saved him, pulling him up and onto the porch of her hut.

“In exchange for your life, will you love me?” asked Corrente.

“Your water encased me in it’s grasp! It is an evil substance and I believe it’s master is no better!” he retorted.

He got up and flew away.

Corrente watched him leave, a tear rolled down her cheek. She wiped with her finger and tasted it. It was salty, yet it was water. It wasn’t poison, yet it wasn’t pleasant.

“I will make oceans.” She told herself. “I will fill oceans upon oceans with this disgusting salty liquor. I will take away water from the Dragon of Light. He will have to forage for it on his own. And when he comes near my oceans…….he will only find salt.”

The Dragon of Shadows was definitely one to be wary of. If you didn’t know him personally you might be skeptical, think he’s mean or shifty. But he wasn’t! He was the Dragon of Shadows and it was his job. If he had to choose how to act his heart would be kind and loving, but his destiny was to lurk in the shadows.

He had been born from a burning ash and when he was in dragon form he was strong and powerful. In human form he was charming, with a handsome face and persuasive smile. Everyone loved him and the lime- light was his home.

But when he was quite young, he was strutting in the street, casting a smug and good - looking smile. All the young Dragons thought he was very special and handsome, even the male ones. They treated him as a celebrity.

All except Kanib.

Kanib was also quite attractive, but not as attractive as Sombra. Kanib was strong and alert, yet also graceful and light footed. He had even shown signs of great power at a young age. Sombra acted smug and charming in public, but was he actually like that? He hadn’t shown signs of power yet and was not skilled. At least Kanib thought so.

So while Sombra was strutting, Kanib put on an unimpressed expression and made a very loud shrug.

“What is it?” asked Corrente who was standing in front of Kanib.

Kanib had been hoping she would ask this, so he answered her; except so that everyone else could hear.

“Don’t you get it Corrente?” he asked loudly, “Nothing is special about Sombra! He hasn’t shown any signs of power and he is not skilled.”

Everyone around mumbled. But gradually the cheering for Sombra reignited.

Three years later, Sombra gathered all the dragons - even Kanib - to a meeting place so he could talk to them. He had set up a stage and hopped right onto it.

“I gathered you here today to tell you how amazing I am.” he told them. It sounded a bit big headed but people clapped anyway. “I am skilled, handsome, smart and strategic. You should make me King, after all, I’m way better than you guys.”

All the dragons were appalled by this talk. Sure, he was a great guy, but better than everyone else? It was like memories were unlocked, Sombra was put into a different kind of light.

“How dare you talk to us like that!” shouted Kanib, he was smiling on the inside. “I hereby banish you to the shadows. You may lurk upon us, but we will be frightened. We will always bring light. No one will care about you. The lime - light is gone, only the shadows will you have. And since you are weak and have no power, I bestow the power of shadow upon you. You shall be the Dragon of Shadows and must not ever come near us again.” The others agreed and he was banished.

Many years later, Sombra saw the North Wind drifting around his shadows. He called it and told it to tell Kanib to set him free. The North Wind went to it’s master and told him that Sombra wanted freedom. So Kanib freed Sombra and sent the North Wind back to bring him to his castle. If he had changed, Kanib would leave Sombra with his freedom.

When Sombra arrived, he knocked at the gates. Kanib was surprised, he didn’t barge in? When Kanib opened the door and pointed rudely to the inside of his house as a gesture of welcome, Sombra greeted Kanib with a friendly smile. Kanib was rude on purpose, he wanted to test his brother.

Whence he was inside, Sombra bowed low to his brother. “How nice to to be once more in your presence.” he told Kanib.

His brother was dumbfounded! He expected Sombra to either be very haughty and stuck up, or very awkward and strange because he had been banished to shadows.

Sombra changed into human form and took off his traveling cloak - careful to shake dust off outside -  and hung it up.

They sat down to eat.

“What have you been doing in the shadows?” inquired Kanib, purposefully slurping his tea.

“I haven’t been spying on people, but I do see them. I wander, I travel. The worst was when I saw Corrente. I called her name eagerly, I was lonely, but she didn’t answer. She didn’t even come out of water. She couldn’t hear me. I was a mere shadow. I must say what you did was rude, discriminating even, but I deserved it. I thought I was the best, but a good face can’t take you anywhere. You know,  I really appreciate that you did it. I think - well, you can be the judge - but I think I’ve humbled, I think I’ve reflected.” replied Sombra, being wary about how politely he talked.

“Why have you come?” asked Kanib.

Sombra would’ve liked to say, ‘Well, you wind dragged me here!’, but thought better of it.

“I’ve come to ask for my freedom. It’s been lonely in the shadows, I need to come back. Please brother!” he announced.

“I hate to say it,” replied Kanib, “but you’ve changed. I see it. I will give you your freedom as long as when a war rises out, no matter how small, you will be on my side.”

“I would love to come to your aid, brother. But you now a situation will present itself. I know if it was your freedom and I asked the same, you would agree. Yet if my side fought against your wishes and beliefs, would you still fight for me? No, brother. You would leave my side. I will try to stay loyal, but keep it in mind.” answered Sombra.

Kanib took this and gave Sombra his freedom. Although, as Sombra was leaving Kanib called, “I have given you freedom yet you are still the Dragon of Shadows. Nothing can change.

There was one dragon named Skelist that was beautiful and glorious but as it became older it became ugly so the dragon became a ghost that was a skeleton of a dragon. This dragon hides in a abandoned mansion that is very big. It hides there so that no one can find him. But most people stay away from this house, because there are stories of weird noises in the house. This dragon is actually Very friendly but people can’t see the dragon so it just stays in the mansion. Because when this dragon comes out of it’s spot people get confused of the noises they are hearing around them.

This causes disaster in the town, this is why the Skelist stays in the mansion so that he doesn’t cause disaster. Skelist has the power to make any object he sees into a ghost so no one can see it. Everyday Skelist always saves people without them noticing it. Most people are astonished by what they see but Skelist just does his job and that's all that matters.

The moral of the story it doesn’t matter what people think of you it just matters that you have something you're good at.

Please note that the next chapter, Part Three, will be written in the notes section due to difficulties. Thankyou.

“The stronghold seems to become less and less strong and more and more holding with each passing day. How did we get here again?” Athena asked Hermes as they strolled down one of the metallic, icy, hallways. The stronghold had been built eleven years ago, and both of the children had been there since day one. “Well, it’s definitely better in here than outside,” Hermes replied, wincing as if just speaking outside was enough to let the fear of what danger lurked out there to bubble up, “But Yeah, I understand. I also hate this place. I long to go outside, roll in the green stuff the Old Ones call grass, and eat the stuff they call pizza, instead of that gross synthetic food in the cafeteria.” Athena sighed. “Oh, how I wish the zombies hadn’t come.”

Athena woke the next morning to the sound of acid rain pounding on the titanium shell of the stronghold. She groaned, then dragged herself to the common room, where Hermes already was, playing a handheld video game. “Hermes!” Athena gasped. “You know electronics aren’t allowed!” “Relax,” Hermes drawled. “This is an ancient solar console, made back in 2070. There is no electricity being used. I got special permission from Eurycleia.” “Well put it down. I need to talk to you about something.” Athena grabbed Hermes’ hand and swept him out of the room.

As they raced down the hallway, Athena and Hermes bumped into someone. This someone was Eurycleia. “Hi! I am so clumsy.” Eurycleia said. “I was just going to get you. We are having a meeting downstairs in the media room.” She then briskly walked by them. Athena and Hermes looked at each other. Something about the tone of Eurycleia’s voice worried them.

Inside the media room, all 521 residents of the stronghold were being seated in the sea of folding chairs. Eurycleia was onstage looking nervous. As soon as the 521st person sat down, Eurycleia began to speak. “We now see ourselves as prisoners on an island, safe from the zombies. We are not safe. But before I tell you the bad news, let me remind you why we are here.” And she began to tell the story.

“Half a score and one year ago, a meteor came to Earth. The radiation did not affect human beings, it affected human corpses. The zombies rose, bursting from the graves that had held them so tightly before. At first we were not worried, but then we realized that these zombies could pass on their infection through bites or scratching. There was no way to stop them. There was a way to ward them off temporarily, though. These zombies could not swim. So we moved out here, to Ulysses Island. And we were safe. For a while.”

Tears filled Eurycleia’s eyes as she said the next part. “Somehow the zombies have learned to swim. They are coming right now, and they will be here soon. Very, very soon.”

A collective gasp formed as all the lights went out.

End Of Part 1

The Earth is apocalyptic full of corrupted zombies taking over. The end is near for Earth the survival of human kind is limited. As all the humans left on Earth surviving will have a very hard time as the zombies will infect everything, your family your friends everything you no of. The last family to survive was in Washington, 1987. “Mom what's going on there's breaking news about the hole United States being infected by zombies!”. “It’s ok we’ll….we’ll move somewhere it’s ok.” Suddenly they here a crowd of people. “Aaaaaahhhh zombies ruuuuuunnnn!”.

“The child crying Mom I want to go somewhere safe this is to much where going to die out here!” The zombies take over and break through the door of the house and eat the flesh of all of them one by one. One little kid imagining as running away from hundreds of zombies remembering when in halloween all the kids chasing him for candy. And as years go on the Earth becomes more and more corrupted. People can’t travel on planes the zombies infect the planes nothing works on Earth all of humanity is over , the Earth is over.

The only ones surviving on Earth are the gods living on Easter Island. But we never no when the zombies might infect the gods. As the years go on and the year becomes 5000 the sun explodes and it is permanently dark on earth and there is no life just the life for the zombies.

Screams echoed through the media room as everyone ran around in the dark, stumbling over chairs, and bumping into one another. Athena whirled around looking for Hermes, even though she could barely see her hand in front of her face. Someone bumped into her. “Hey watch where you’re going! Athena screeched. Then she realized who it was. “Hermes! I thought I was never going to find you!” They exchanged a quick hug, but it was interrupted by a voice coming over the loudspeaker. “Would Hermes and Athena report to the Zombie room? They seem to be the only ones staying calm in this situation.” Athena and Hermes exchanged a glance as the message ended and the lights flickered on.

The Zombie room, regardless of its name, was not a room where zombies resided. It was a room where Eurycleia monitored the zombies and tried to develop cures along with the stronghold’s scientist, Dr. Scylla. When Hermes and Athena arrived, Eurycleia and Dr. Scylla were standing there looking grim. “Were the lights just a test?” Hermes asked. “Well…” chuckled Eurycleia. “Never mind. We have more important things to adress. Show them the map, Dr. Scylla.” Dr. Scylla strolled over to where an electronic screen sat. “This is a map representing where the zombie breakouts were 11 years ago.” He hissed. The map lit up. Tiny splotches of green speckled the map. “This is what they look like today.” Dr. Scylla continued. He pressed a button, and the old map was replaced with a new one. “The continents were entirely green, and the green was beginning to trickle into the oceans. “That’s horrible!” Athena gasped. “But there’s more.” Dr. Scylla said. Athena and Hermes exchanged a worried glance. “I may have found a cure.” Athena’s face lit up like a light bulb. Dr. Scylla sighed. “The only problem is that there are no zombies to test it on. We’ll have to wait.” “But by the time zombies are here, we might be wiped out!” Athena pouted. “Well it’s to bad.” said Eurycleia. “Now out.”

In the middle of the night, Athena was woken up by a metallic crash. She sat up, looked around, got up, and walked to the fire escape. I know I’m breaking the rules, but the zombies aren’t forecasted to be here for another week, she thought to herself as she crept down the stone staircase, I might as well check it out. When she got to the bottom, she tentatively reached for the button that would open the door and set off the alarm. As the doors slid open and the alarm went off, Athena found herself staring at a half-zombified young woman, with a half-zombified puppy at her feet. A waterlogged Harley-Davidson stood, mangled, behind her. “Don’t ask questions. The name’s Hera, an’ I think I can help y’all.”

End of Part 4

This story is also a zombie story and was written with some structure from other classmates but does not continue or link with other stories. 

Selene, a lonely wanderer, was riding alone in the desert on her motorcycle. Well, not completely alone. Her puppy Apollo was sitting in the cargo compartment of her vehicle. He seemed to look really bored, so Selene figured she ought to tell him a story. Keeping her eyes on the road, she started.

“Long ago there were two adults named Jamie and Ella. They were standing in a desolate wasteland that had been ravaged by zombies. They stood there reminiscing how it had happened. ‘Remember, Ella?’ asked Jamie, ‘Remember we were hiding in that store at the mall. We were the only ones left. We still are the only ones left. You told me that that scientist had electrocuted a corpse which had turned it into a zombie, when the zombie touched other corpses, they were electrified and turned into zombies.’

“‘ I remember.’ replied Ella, ‘Long across town there was a girl on Halloween who was being chased by zombies who she thought were kids in costumes. But she was wrong. I remember being in that town, Jamie. That night I told the girl a scary story about a young girl being murdered. When she went home she was murdered. They found her the next day, her dog dead beside her. And then the zombies got to her. It was terrible.’ shuddered Ella.”

As Selene thought about her story she told her puppy, “Maybe that’s why were zombies Apollo. Maybe I know that story because it’s a faint memory. I sure don’t remember dying.”

Apollo barked with an almost matter - of - fact tone.

“Your right,” she replied, “a girl did tell us a story on Halloween night. Maybe that was how it happened.”

Uva was alluring and attractive. At the slightest movement of her hand, swish of her hip, flow of her hair, other dragons would come running to attend her. Her father was Instavel, Dragon of drunkards. She did not look up to her father, nor like him. But her mother was smart and talented and the Dragoness of vines. From the vines she taught her daughter how to harvest grapes and brew the rich wine. Uva became great at it with a swift hand and an excellent taste and even grew to become better than her own mother!

The first sample of her excellent wine went to her mother, then to her father and finally: the dragon of light, Levu.

Levu loved the wine and he grew to love Uva. He had never been tempted by her, but now she seemed the greatest for her wine.

They spent many starry nights together, provided by Estrella.

The night after Levu had broken the heart of Corrente, he came running to Uva. He wanted wine, and her of course, but the wine.

Uva noticed this and became cautious. Did he only love her for her delicious drink? She hoped not. So she approached him.

“Is it me you love….or my wine?” she asked.

“Can it be both?” he asked with a good natured chuckle. Uva didn’t take it good naturedly.

“Do you love me?” she then asked, thinking if there was no competition he may have a dominant answer.

“Sure I do, my sweet grape.” he replied in a goofy manner.

“Then prove it.” replied Uva, completely serious. “You will visit me every night under the stars for a month. Every time you come there will be no wine. If you can last the whole month and have a good time with me, your mind off the drink. I will grant you my love and all the drink you want.”

He happily agreed, assuring her that he loved her.

He went on and by half a month his mind was on the drink. He reminded himself that he needed to be selfless, though, and that by the end he would get to have the wine again.

After the month was over and not a drop of wine had landed on his tongue, Uva believed him.

But by that time, Corrente could not keep her grief concealed and she traveled out of the waters to confide in Estrella. So the next time Levu and Uva went to have a cozy, starry night, Estrella plucked the stars out of the sky to give Levu misery.

Uva could have thought that Levu left another girl for her, and that he was enduring his punishment with her in a romantic way.

Or she could have thought that Levu had asked Estrella to turn out the stars so that when she layed on the grass with him, he could sneak off for more wine.

She thought the second way.

And so ended their relationship.

Terra had been a strange youngling. For one, her power was earth and the way she thought about it was strange. While Corrente and Sombra played with their powers and leaped around, Terra stayed put.

“I control earthen grounds which are already perfect. If I were to play with my power our world could fall apart. I could really disturb the natural order!” she told all who wanted to know.

But soon, a tragedy struck.

Corrente and Rocha were messing around with their powers when Rocha, Dragon of rocks, landed a large rock on dry ground. A huge crack came upon the ground. They called Terra.

“The rest will be mad, they love the ground. Please fix it!” he begged.

“It is your fault to fix!” she replied, “And maybe this was meant to happen. I can’t disturb the natural order of things. I won’t disturb the natural order of things!” she replied.

So the next day Rocha and Corrente came back and Corrente sent a jet of water where the crack was. The dirt became wet and the crack widened. A minute later, it had all fallen into a ravine. Now you would have to travel at least a hundred miles to walk around it.

“Fix it Terra!” they pleaded.

“If someone wants to go across they can easily fly across, stop nagging!” she told them.

“But the ravine is so wide that we’ve taken much of their space. They will  hate the ground coming it two!” explained Corrente.

Terra shrugged and left. But the next day, Sombra threatened to kill the two.

So Terra ran to Corrente and Rocha and told them what Sombra was going to do.

The two ran to hide, but Sombra found them.

“If you don’t fix this is thirty seconds, I will twist your wings together and throw you in! Thirty….twenty nine…...twenty eight…”

Terra heard Sombra counting and fly as fast as she could. While Sombra closed his eyes and counted, Terra raised the fallen earth back up and dried it.

When Sombra said, “.....one.” He was astonished to find the ravine all fixed and let the two go.

To this day, Terra only uses her powers for emergencies.

Rocha had been Sombra’s best friend, sidekick even. Rocha was always by Sombra, especially in his golden days as a dragonlet. When Sombra went into the shadows, sent by Kanib, Rocha lost himself. He wasn’t anyone with Sombra. He was a fool, a wreck. He started to travel, hoping this would cure his feelings for his lost brother. Anger got the better of him. He used his powers to ruin the earth, smashing all things with his black boulders.

Then Terra came to him. She had heard of the terror he was bringing and went to seek him out.

“Why are you doing this?” she asked.

“Sombra is gone. It is like a piece out of my soul. I’m empty Terra!” he replied.

“Well, let me guide you. Let me show you another way. Pay me back for what I have done.” she demanded softly.

Rocha remembered how she had saved his life………………...from Sombra.

Two realizations came upon him.

One, no matter how close he was to Sombra, he had been stuck up. He was meant to get what he deserved.

Two, Terra had saved his life and if this is what she wanted so many years later, let it be.

So Terra walked side by side with him. Terra loved him. Terra taught him.

And Rocha began to love Terra.

His life was back, but it wasn’t from Sombra - it was from his Dragoness Queen.

Sufo remembered how his mother had told him of the prophecy, but never believed it would come true. His fire power hadn’t turned out to be the worst thing, but still! It helped him be brave, though, and humble.

Until Terra, Dragoness of earth, stirred the ground with Calypso and Corrente. There was now clay and Estrella, the mother dragon formed this clay into Angril. She loved this Angril as much as she loved Sufo, her own child! And when she set it down onto the earth, she smiled.

But the Angril got angry.

They caught animals for the pelts, but could not make clothes. When they had skinned the animals, they could not eat the meat. When it was cold and many caught hypothermia, no one could warm up. And worst of all, when wild beasts and creatures came to catch them, they could not fend them off.

Sufo became sad for the Angril. Although he had never met them, he considered the as siblings.

So he went to them as a man. The Angril thought that this man was special. This man was different.

Sufo gave them his name and taught them about his dragon heritage. He told them how the dragons were their gods and protectors and he told them what each one did. When he got to himself, the Angril were confused. What was special about fire? Back up. What was fire?

So Sufo showed them great bursts of fire.

“Catch an animal.” he ordered.

When they brought it back he skinned it. He made a fireplace and burned all the icky stuff off the hide and gave it to a man to where. Then he cooked the meat and gave them all a try. That night it became cold and he told them that if they got too close, the fire would injure them, but if they were at the right distance, it would warm them. Then a tiger came. Sufo lit a stick and pounded towards the tiger. The tiger ran away. Then a lion came and Sufo welded a metal tool to kill the lion.

“All with fire!” the Angril gasped. They decided instead of being the least important, Sufo should rule them all. And with that, Sufo was named the Dragon King and worshipped the most highly.

Thankyou to Ms. Lauren Vargas who was an awesome mythology teacher!

The Writers:

Milla S

Asiya

Max M

John L

and

Ryan N