The Michigan Wonderland | Teen Ink

The Michigan Wonderland

October 15, 2018
By Anonymous

Summary:

The Michigan wonderland
It was a dark night when we left to go to are favorite state which is Michigan where the mountains are high, and the lakes are huge. When we left that morning, it was very hot in Florida and everyone in the family was sweating a lot and it was only the morning. The sun wasn't even out yet. It looked like the middle of the night when it was only the morning. we left the house, it was about 7:00 o'clock in the morning and my sister wouldn’t stop talking; she was trying my patience.
“Payton, are you ever going to stop talking? You are like a record that never stops playing unless you pull the plug out!”
She looked at me with the nastiest face in the world. “Willy, you be quiet! We have a very long ride to get to Michigan and that is like a two-day drive and I don’t want to hear what you have to say!”
We both looked at each other like we wanted to strangle each other, but I was calm and let it go. The lasts thirty minute were the worst because we knew that we were very close to my grandma's house and we were all very anxious to get out of the car because how long it took us to drive up there. When we got there my grandma gave me the biggest huge in the world like it was the first time I ever met her.
With the happiest smile on her face in the world “My boy it's been ages since I saw you and you were like a little boy, you were so little I use to be able to hold you but now I can't because of how big you have then”
“how old are you? You look like you are 13 years old”.
I looked at her with a big smile “I am 13 how did you know you are like a mind reader or something”
Then she started to smile back at me “No, but I am old and very wise”
I looked at her while laughing said “that is not true you are not old at all you are like in your twenty's aren't you”
She started to laugh “I know that I loved you for reason”
Then we left to go catch up with the family at a restaurant and talked about how it is down in Florida and then asked them question about how it is like in Michigan. We all had a great time talking to each other and then started to plan about what we wanted to do for the next day.
The next morning, we woke up and had breakfast with everyone and then left to go see the great lakes. There were trees everywhere you looked, on top of mountains it was amazing. The sun was coming out and the sky was orange and it was nice to look at. At the time the water was ice, so we couldn't see fish under the ice because of how thick the ice was. We stayed on the dock for a little bit and then saw a bald eagle flying in the air it beautiful and it looked just like the pictures on the books. My sister was the one that saw the bald eagle first before everyone looked at it.
While looking with a smile “Look mommy, look at that bird it is flying super-fast”
My mom looked in the air and saw a bald eagle “Look guys Payton found a bald eagle in the sky, it looks like it is trying to hurt for some fish or so type of animal”
My mom rushed it try to grab her camera and took a picture of the bald eagle. That was the first time that I ever saw a bald eagle in my life. After we left the great lakes, we went to a place called Frankenmuth, Michigan which is similar to a mall that has a lot of stores in it and has the world's biggest Christmas store in it and it is huge and every time my mom walks into that store it takes her about four hours to find what she wants inside the store. Every time that we go to Michigan we always go to Frankenmuth just to go to that one store because she likes a lot. Every time that we walk into that store my mom and my grandma always get really happy and give each other a hug and then they start to look at all the Christmas ordainments in the store. Me, my dad, and Grandpa like to walk around the boy's store until they are done. After the two girls tooked hours at the world's largest Christmas store we finally left to go and get dinner. We only had 1 more day with them because it took us two days to get to Michigan and it was going to take about two days to drive back. So, the next day was only going to be a calm and fun day.
We woke up ate breakfast and then left to go mount holly to learn how to ski.
My grandma looked at me and my sister with a smiley face and both my sister and I looked at her and said at the same time “why are you looking at use with a smile face”
“Because we are doing something very fun today before you guys head home tomorrow”
Payton and I both looked at each other trying to think what we were going to do.
She finally couldn’t hold it in anymore “We are going to go and ski at mount holly for the day”
Me and Payton both had a big smile on are faces. When we got there, we started to ski when we got there. We both fell a lot and had many bumps and a lot of bruise all over are body. After we left Mount Holly, we got dinner and talked about all the good time that we had with them. Then we woke up and had to leave to go back home and we all were very sad, but we had to go home and had a great time in the place that we love.


Tags: Family


Anonymous

The Michigan Wonderland


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.