The mystery killer | Teen Ink

The mystery killer

By The_frozenwyvern, Colorado Springs, Colorado
The_frozenwyvern, Colorado Springs, Colorado

We know what we are but not what we may be

Yuki already had a reputation for being late. Changing it wouldn't be so easy.

Class starts at 8:30. Her watch read 8:36—and as she stumbled to the door with an armful of books, it ticked further.

"Keys!' She felt all her pockets. Nothing.

"C'mon!" There wasn't a key anywhere and she knew that her parents never left a spare key out in the open , so she gave up on trying to get her things hoping her friends would just let her brow the books she need for class so she ran/walked back to the school the lights where flickering as she pulled on the front door and it opened panting she walked to her class,it was empty so,she walked to the media lab then stopped in front of the gym there where around 800 kids in there. Hoping that people from her class where there she looked around there where a couple of people crying and after hearing part of what the principal was saying she knew why.

"As you know we are on a lock down seeing that the teacher of junior level math has gone missing" there where grasp and mummers around the gym then suddenly the lights went out.

"Hello students of Mothwood High, would you like to play a game?" The voice sounded nothing like the principal or anything familiar to any of the students it was raspy and cold.

"No!" some of the students yelled answering with fear,but some some students had agreed making a fight begin between the two when the speaker started to laugh

"To late you all are already in this game" the students went silent "here are the rules: I will kill someone every 10 minutes or less, if you stay in big groups like this I might kill more then one, who ever thinks they know who I am can say my name but if they guess wrong I will kill them right then and there also there will be traps laid out around the school do try to be carful."  The speaker took a breath letting the rules sink in to the crowd. "Oh and don't try to escape if you do then you will just be shocked with paralyzingly volt of electricity " you could almost hear the speaker smiling trough the microphone. As the lights flickered on and the microphone was laying in the floor next to the principal that had a note taped next to his body a shaken student walked up to the principal touching him then slowly the girl took off the note and read it.

"This isn't the first or the last for you can conclude that I am not normal but any good killer knows how to put on a show for any one even if they haven't played this game long" at the bottom of the page it showed a board with dots all over making one big picture witch was a question mark. Everyone gathered around to see the picture all of them confused on what the game was. Then as Yuki walked closer to the note everyone turned to look at her she wondered what they where thinking.

Darryl walked out of the gym to the hallway next to it as the students ran around the gym to get away from people as they stretched across it.The few of the students that had made it away had already disappeared into the school and Darryl knew that it wasn't a smart idea to be by yourself at the time but he never did good in groups. He walked into a classroom that looked like senior science it had a lot of chemicals but none of them where deadly by them selfs so he took a hand full of the chemicals and a couple of books. As he flipped through the pages he heard a scream it was a girl he could till by the high pitch beginning. He marked the page he was and went to follow the scream, to see the group of people surrounding the front where the girl who screamed was trying to get to the office but instead there was a small fire and coming out of it was a small snake like thing that had blue scales and fire coming off it. Some people that where in that area where running away and some where staring up in horror. Darryl knew that the best thing he could do was to walk back to the classroom so the monster could catch his sent as more people bumped into him and kept running with out saying sorry. He turned around and walked back towards the classroom seeing that some of the chemicals where gone manly the ones that could make an explosion like the one he just saw. Then There was a sudden thump and a kid that looked almost old enough to start middle school ran though the door and slid into a table with a yelp.

"Who are you?" Darryl asked looking at the young kid cleaning himself off and making sure that he was still alive and well. After the kid finished only finding a small bump where he had hit the table he looked at him.

"I am Blaze and who are you?" He said staring at Darryl with confusion. Then he walked up to him and held out his hand.

"I'm Darryl" Darryl took his hand and shook it. After the hand shake Blaze walked over to the mix of chemicals that where thrown all over the table.

"Looks like you where tring to make some poison" then blaze pulled out a small clodern and dumped a couple of the test tube continents into it making the mixture inside it bubble and change colors from blue to green then to see through purple.

"There you go this poison should be enough to spread from the shoes to the head in a mater if a minute" blaze smiled and walked out side the door and when he came back in all he had was a empty test tube he sat it in the sink and sat down in that nearest chair.

"The poison is spread all around the door the only way to gets in other then the windows" he said loudly then blaze walked up to Darryl

"There is actually a small free passage through the left side but you can only use a foot at a time not like how we usually walk" blaze showed him how to walk through safely thought the poison but from the inside of the room where only the two of them could see the way. Then Darryl walked up to a table and flipped it and did the same thing to the rest of the tables making it look like a tornado had went though the class room.

"Why are you doing that?" Blaze went to go pick up the tables but found out they where too heavy for him instead he just stood there watching Darryl flip them over

"Since there was a sudden crises the classrooms shouldn't look prefect" Darryl said finishing the tables and moving on to the chairs spreading them out through the classroom then he closed the door to make it look like it was locked.

Sabina looked up into the creatures eyes she was the one who had screamed after opening the door to the office and seeing a fire breathing monster come out of it with a fire following it. The left over people where helping distract the creature to them as she went to get up and leave. After a couple of tries some people had left leaving only her and two others and for some reason the creature was only interested in her ever now and then the monster would try and bite her but every time it had missed because she had moved out if the way

"Sabina try to move on three ok?!" The girl farthest from her yelled as both people moved at the monster quickly almost releasing no room for escape but then the monster jumped in to the air hitting the ceiling and flying wobbly around the group

"One!" the monster come closer to them the wobbliness of it steadying out "two!" The monster was getting faster and faster around the group and was about to nose dive at them "three!" The monster nosedived towards Sabina and the group spread out among the school and the monster had almost hit the floor before disappearing into the air as if it was never there.

Sabina stopped next to the gym grasping for air and seeing stars she turned into the gym and saw the lights flicker looking at the clock she saw it had almost been 15 minutes since the panicked meeting there should have been at least one kill and soon there was going to be a second one. She looked around the gym only about 20 people remained there most of them where in the corners hiding from the unknown fear. Sabrina stood in middle of the gym and sat down while a couple of people where watching her seeing what she was going to do. After a couple of minutes sitting there the lights flickered twice and then turned off there was a deadly silence then when the lights came back on three girls had fallen to the ground a clue taped to each of them. One of the friends that was close to them walk up and read the clue

"Has anyone noticed the clocks are set to different times?" The people looked around there where two clocks in the gym the one on the left said it was 5:00pm and 1:00am on the right. Then a couple of people looked their watches and then talked to each other about the time. Sabina walked over to one if the groups of people with watches she saw that some of the watches where 5 and some of them where 1 this had mixed up the groups.

"Everyone get in a line the ones who have 5:00 line up over there!" the tall person pointed at the left side of the gym apples "everyone who has 1:00 line up on the right side of the gym!" The student next to the speaker pointed at the right side as the groups all became one then separated about half the people in the gym that had watches was on the 5:00 side where the 1:00 ones had very few. After examining the  people that where lined up she saw that they where in classes the 5:00 ones where the fifth block in the afternoon of the math classes she  know that because she was in the class with the last block and the first block she had friends in but some of them wore watches and they all where here so she noted that then she thought about the people in the two classes .

"Could everyone from first block in the morning find everyone in there class and tell them to meet here?" Sabina watched as the students walked out of the gym to go and look for their friends a couple coming back with 3 other people until everyone was there but one person and she couldn't tell who it was. Sabina walked through out the people "can everyone who is not in the class leave for like 5 minutes?" Some of students that where on the other side of her started to protest as some people just walked out some of them pulling a friend along. The remanding students tried to stay there as the teachers pushed them out if the gym trusting that Sabina would do the right thing. While she was looking through the students she saw that none of them where tring to hide anything that was until someone asked in a whisper

"Where's Yuki?" Then the other students all looked around the gym for her "she was standing right there until the power went out" one of the students pointed near the door where the past Yuki had stood "she's the killer!" Some one shouted and looked around in horror until the lights had turned off again and some one let out a yelp and the lights went back on showing that three of the students had become three giant wolves snapping at students

"Well at least we know it's not them"A student said jokingly as the wolves ran along the gym keeping everyone where they were after the all where in line the wolves stopped moving a disappeared like dust and the students who where them had disappeared too.

Dax looked out at the gym though the classroom near it which had a window and TV that he had hacked into the office's cameras showing that chaos had started in the gym because there where three or five wolves that where 8ft tall nipping and biting at the students until suddenly they disappeared. Dax switch cameras to show that some students where hiding in classrooms and some where still out in the hall. He saw one place where the classroom door was closed and there was thick line around the door that was barely visible to the naked eye. He zoomed in closer to the door and saw two people standing a little hidden from the door until they had walked towards the door and opened it sneaking out the empty part if the line running off towards the gym.

"That's not every smart of them" Dax said to Kendral1a who was standing next to him watching the tv.  Kendralla nodded not saying a word  as the door opened and closed again quietly as a student walked in to see the two the student looked at the tv then at them. Kendralla snapped her fingers and a small imp appeared scared the girl out of the class room.

"What happens if she tells other people ?" Dax asked looking at his sister in concern his sister just smiled and started doing sign language after showing all the signs Dax said "that's is a smart idea" then they both walked out of the room leaving every thing that they did in that room open for everyone.

After they had made it to the gym the lights flickered again and there was silence. The scream was loud enough to be heard out side the school.

Yuki walked through the hallways in a hurry heading towards the  gym. To late. Half the kids where on the on the floor some were dead but some where still alive, the ones that where dead had tiny monsters that had glowing bodies and smoke coming from them. She gasped no time to kill "Dax!" The monsters stopped and looked at her heading towards her slowly then she noticed that more monster where coming towards her but she wasn't dead. Then she noticed that there where two people alive in the gym smiling at her. Then she saw that one was Dax and the other was a girl that must be his sister. The monsters came closer and closer almost on her she could fell the unnatural coldness of them then sudden she remembered. "Kendralla !" She screamed as the monsters froze and dissipated in to the air like all the other monsters. 

After a couple of minutes the kids slowly woke up confused and drowsy but they remembered the last 1 hour or so. Some of them had scampered away from the rest of the students then there was a loud noise as the speaker phone went off or something like that "the mystery has been solved by Yuki of joiner level you may all leave now" the voice was the same one as the killer cold and unlike anything they had heard. The students that had lived all turned to look at Yuki in surprise and some ran out the door hoping to see there parents but some had pated Yuki on the back saying there thanks and some asked who she had solved it

"Well..." She shuddered "Dax played a lot of games in class one if them was where he would out dots on the paper then put them in multiple different views so I took the paper and looked at it an a different view and saw it spelt his name then I just rolled with it and thought I would go to the gym so everyone could hear me when i said it and once I got here everyone was on the ground and I saw those two " she pointed at where Dax and Penelope once where but they where now walking out if the gym like nothing happened being stopped by no one. The students looked around for them but couldn't see demons she thought only she occult see them no one else as she remembered Dax had died trying to save his sister from a mass murder and they both ended up being killed and the killer had gotten away with it too, they must have wanted revenge or for there class mates to join them and they had gotten it too.

The end