The Temple Of The Special One | Teen Ink

The Temple Of The Special One

By Jariel, Brooklyn, New York
Jariel, Brooklyn, New York

Author's note:

This piece is about my Historical Fiction Narrative I did for a week for Reading class about the Middle Ages. I wanted to do this because my teacher Mr Huttner told our class this " If you really like your story and want other people to hear this send it to this website." And he gave us this link. 

In Dreamland There is one of the best Knights named Sir, Amir. He is the best of the best, with his best buddy “Edith The Prosperous Warrior. Sir Amir Has no parents, but still looks up to them. And everyday since Sir Amir was 5 years he would always meet his oldest friend named Kyle, but the downside was that Kyle was a peasant. Kyle has been always digging his entire life , but never told no one what it was. Nad here I am getting ready for the biggest battle ever.

Sir Amir, Edith and other fellow Knights named Bors, Lancealot, Kay and Gawain was making there way to meet up with other knights for an ambush for GreenTic. Riding faster and faster with their horses was going so fast that they can see the enemies castle from the end of the forest. But as  going faster and faster they lead up to something unexpected which was a trap. All Knights were falling and falling and landed on a big about 9 feet puddle. They all got out and notice they were trapped. They cant get out or even call for help. They all Stared at each other and tried to think of a plan. “I think we should try to wait and keep calling for help” asked Sir, Kay. “I think we should give up. There is no way we all can get out of this deep pit and uh we should just end our lives here so we suffer no pain and all live happy with our god.” replied Sir, Gawain. They all looked at each other as if they were trying to get some money from the King. “I rather much think that we should find a way out. Thy we all could die and get no help. If we try to find the way to leave we could be happy and tell our story.” Answered Sir, Amir. They all started to find the closest exit and found a little cave. You can see ores like gold and shiny red ones as well as shiny blue ones. They all walk up and Sir Amir was a little thirsty. And when he went to take out his water bag a map fell out. Sir Amir looked at it as if it were chopped off head. “Heyy! Look closed up. I found my map in my back, where I store my water, about this special ore that Grants you three wishes of treasury for a special one that is trustworthy. This was an old map my father gave me before he died. And I feel that there is many gold here than a regular underground cave. If we are with much luck, than this could be the temple of the special one.” Answered Sir Amir. They all walked around to see if this legend or story is true. They looked for ages and at a closer look Sir, Bors had found a sign that had said something on it. But none knew really how to read properly except for Lancealot. “It saids that This is the Temple of The Special One. If you found this sign alone go left. If you found this sign with a group then go right.” But none knew what was left or right. So they went with West also known as left. 

All Knights are searching for this ore but they also remembered that they fell into a trap from the GreenTic village. So there could be some traps in this Cave. Walking for a bit they come past a question. And of course Sir, Lancealot was the only one to read. “If you are reading this quote you are going to suffer from a poisonous tip sword in a flash.” And While Sir Lancealot was reading, all the other knights were paying some attention sees a sword come in so fast, it was like a twig breaking. Everyone saw that sword coming for Sir Lancealot. All knights expected what will happen. So now there lies Sir Lancealot on the cave hard rocky floor, with a poisonous sword on his waist. “Him bleeds out by stomach worm. We shall let Sir Lancealot Rest with some peace.” Answered Sir Amir. They walked past Sir Lancealot’s resting body and having no one to read, they continued to find this ore. Walking to the very far Ore everyone stands still. “Shhh! Everyone quiet. Do you hear that noise?” Asked Sir Gawain. And while they’re all quiet they  hear a small rumble gradually getting. You see little rocks shake on the cold floor and see a big bear coming their way. All knights pulled out their swords and got ready for this battle. The Bear came rushing in And ready for their first fight!

All swords are swinged out. Sir Gawain takes a big stab into the bear and the bear falls. Edith took a few stabs to see if the bear is actually dead. “ I shall skim the bear’s skin so I or we can share this warm sticky cloak.” Explained Sir Edith. So now with one great knight lost all the other knights continued to find the ore. While walking past a green shiny gold ore they come past their new obstacle. With Sir Lancealot gone they have no one to read, they have to try their absolute best. “I think we all shall read it and whoever can continue on just continue.” Answered Sir Kay. So they all read along and the sign saying “ Once you keep walking you might do a puzzle and do it wisely and you pick a tunnel.” They read with confusion. None knew what this meant. But went ahead anyway.

Sir Amir and his fellow knights were wondering what the word puzzle meant. And why that sign sounded so good. It said something with puzzle and then a tunnel but none knew what that was called. “I think I see that Puzzle that that sign told us about.” Shouted SirBors. They all looked at the puzzle carefully. It was three different blueberry plants. They all looked at the plants because they were all hungry and cold. “I think I know what this is. I'm sure that one plant is poisonous.” Said Sir Bors. So they all took one big bite of the blueberry. But none chose wisely. So they munched and on the blueberries and only Sir Kay looked around looking a little nauseous had thrown up green vomit. “I don't feel any type of good.” And he fell down with green all on his face and all of the remaining knights looked at him. “ I don't think that we are all going to make it out alive. Only one will. Because it seems that every obstacle we go through one of us is dead.” explained Sir Bors. So there were only 4 left, they had to find a way out. While walking they had finally reached the tunnels. They all wondered which one should they carefully pick. “ I feel that we should pick the one that we can try to see light.” said Sir Gawain. But they all remembered that they fell in this whole in the morning and it felt like 8 hours so it must be dark. So they picked the tunnel that looked the brightest even though it was all dark. Going through the dark tunnel for a while  they see it. It's the treasure. But as a young boy they all should know not to be greedy when you grow older. And there goes Sir Bors running for the treasure and for being to greedy he trips by a string and fall to a mat of spikes. So for not being so greedy Sir Edith, Sir Amir and Sir Gawain has the treasure all to themselves. “I think I should get this treasure because I had the map and you guys didn't do therefore I should have it.” Explained Sir Amir. “What! No! You can't get the treasure to yourself that is called being selfish and unfair.” stated Sir Gawain. And without even realizing Edith had just stabbed Sir Gawain in the stomach. “I feel that we should share this treasure since he is done.” Said Sir Edith with a peculiar face. “No! I will never share with a murder. I thought you were my best friend.” Shouted Sir Amir. “But no! You always stay with the ugly peasant Kyle. And that's bad because he's too poor.” And they shouted and screamed at each other until they heard footsteps coming from the exit. And Both Knights Faces drop once they saw who it was.

They both looked at the person who was walking down. It was Kyle. They Both Sir Edith and Amir looked at kyle. “Kyle what are you doing here. You’re not a knight because you weren't supposed to come to this ambush war so how did you fall” asked Sir Amir. “ I didn't fall. And what war. The Map that your father gave you was from my father. And he told me to make this. But I thought you were smart. Why did you go to the tunnel that saids that you came by yourself. And I thought nobles and knights had better vocabulary than peasants. And this was made for the fiercest warriors not for you because I didn't want to risk you dying. I wanted all your knights to die so us peasants can be what we want and so me and you can spend more friend time together.” explained Kyle. Sir Amir was so sad of what he heard. Most of his friends died because of this. And now that he heard what Kyle said he was really angry. He punched Kyle in the face and Kyle fell to the floor. Kyle had went back up and tried to hit Sir Amir But misted. Sir Amir had pulled out his sword ready to finish Kyle but then realized that this is his friend he knew since he was a young boy. So Sir Amir took the sword and threw it across the treasure room. He helped Kyle up on the floor. They looked at each other with a face of I accept your apology. And when they hugged it out Sir Amir saw Edith running away to the nearest exit with the treasure. Sir Amir pushed Kyle on purpose to get Edith. Sir Amir heard the footsteps of Edith and was running up the spiral staircase. When they reached the end, Sir Amir couldn't see Edith. He looked everywhere but saw nothing. When he looked up he saw Edith climbing up a rope ladder. So the only thing to do was to follow him. Sir Amir went up the latter but was too heavy. He realized he still had his armor on. So he took it off and all Sir Amir had was his shirt, pants, shoes and his sword. He climbed up the latter seeing Edith struggling with the treasure. Amir took his sword out trying to cut the rope so Edith can be stuck. But then he got nervous. He never fought with an audience. The whole village of Dreamland was looking at him. But Sir Amir did it anyway. As Edith was climbing up the castle away from Amir They reached the top. “Get down from there. I don't want to hurt you just give back the treasure.” Shouted Amir to high for the village to hear him. “Never! You just want this because you want to be with Kyle. I thought you were my friend. From all the battles we’ve been through. And you do this. I feel that we should use 1 wish each and share the last 1.” Explained Edith. “We can rule this village together. And then kyle can be anything.” So they both went down with the treasure and the village looking at them because they never seen something so shiny and clean. Edith used A wish saying that he should have all the gold. And Amir said that He should have gold and always feed this village. And the last wish was for Klye. Even though he couldn't do it Amir took the last wish. He said that “I wish that if anyone wanted to be in any part of the hierarchy instead of being a noble can. And the whole village heard. They were happy that they didn't have to work that much and they can be free from being a slave. 

So it's been awhile since those three wishes. Dreamland is now ruled by King Edith. And the best Knights are Amir and his best friend Kyle. You have Nuns finally becoming what the want to be like a princess in different places and peasants working as squires making there way to become knights. They all lived happily. Even though there was some do this over here and there but the most important thing of all was a big tower. This tower was for King Edith and Sir Amirs dear Knights that died. SirsBors, Kay, Gawain and last but not least the most unforgettable one Sir Lancealot. The tower also had a quote. And that quote said “ In memory of these knights that fought well. May they rest with some peace. And for Sir Lancealot. He was the one that got us to the treasure. For him we have our places in the Hierarchy.” And all of Dreamland lived happily with their own special life with what they were becoming what they wanted.