The Spyninjas Survive Book 1- Tornado | Teen Ink

The Spyninjas Survive Book 1- Tornado

May 13, 2022
By Anonymous

It was a normal day.. Regina, Savannah, Daniel, and CJ were playing a board game. Vy, Chad, and Aurora were watching old videos, and Vivi, Melvin, and Lidia were practicing with weapons. All of the sudden an alarm starts to go off on the TV and CJ starts to cover their ears and freak out. Regina immediately notices and quickly goes to sit next to her, and hold her.

“Shh.. you're ok..” Regina tries to comfort, still panicking herself as that is a tornado siren sound.

“Regina! Melvin! Daniel! Get the kids into the hatch! Me and Chad will get the emergency supplies!” Vy yells to them.

As Regina and the others get the kids down, Vy and Chad get supplies and come down as well.

“M-Mom.. Im sca-red..” Savannah falters.

“I know you are baby girl.. We all are.. But it'll pass.. I promise..” Regina attempts to comfort.

“B-But.. There is going to be..” Savannah says but then stops at the sound of thunder. 

Lydia and Savannah scream and then Vy and Regina go to comfort them.

“Shh.. breathe.. Its alright..” Vy and Regina say in unison. “You're alright.. We are all here..”

Another boom of thunder roars through the air and the two jump in fear.

“Mom!!” Savannah yells.

“Y-You're alr-ight..” Regina falters.

“Sis, sit with Daniel.. Ill handle the kids.. You're starting to freak out..” Melvin instructs.

Regina sits with Daniel and Melvin handles the two as they fall asleep.

“Regina? Are you alright?” Vy asks.

Regina becomes unresponsive and does not respond. The sound of thunder goes off, and Regina jumps, and starts to shake and whimper.

“Hey, Hey, shh.. You're alright baby girl..” Daniel comforts Regina as she starts to shake.

Another boom of thunder roars the sky and Regina jumps again, whimpering.

“Hey Hey.. you're alright Regina… breathe.. In.. and out…” Daniel tries to follow one of her coping mechanisms.

The alarm goes off again and CJ jumps out of her sleep. 

“Hey.. you're alright CJ…” Chad explains to her.

CJ tries to breathe but she starts to struggle.

“Hey hey hey.. CJ.. Look at me.. You're alright.. Its just a tiny alarm.. It cannot hurt you.. Look.. *Goes to her ears and turns down her hearing aids* “

“There you go! All better!” Chad signs to her.

“Thank you daddy!” CJ signs, and then falls asleep.

“Your turn Regina” Daniel says and pulls out her hearing aid.

Regina closes her eyes and falls asleep in Daniels lap.

“Thanks Chad..” Daniel thanks.

Regina and CJ are putting in their hearing aids since Chad wasn’t translating.

“Chad?” Regina asks.

“Omg was i not translating?! Im so sorry!” Chad apologizes.

“Its alright daddy!” CJ responds & signs.

“Kuya.. natatakot ako..” Regina says to Melvin.

Melvin walks over to regina and pulls her to another area.

“Tingnan mo ako. okay ka lang ate. walang dapat ikatakot..” Melvin comforts her.

Ayaw ko sa malalakas na ingay.. tinatakot nila ako..” Regina explains.

“I know sis… I know..” Melvin comforts “But you got this sis-bro.”

“N-nanay?” Sav asks, trying to remember.

“Yes sweetheart?” Regina replies.

“I feel a bit.. F-faint..” Sav responds.

“Vy! Throw me a god damn water bottle right now!” Regina yells.

Vy throws Regina a water bottle and she opens it for Sav.

“Here.. drink something..” Regina instructs while holding the bottle for Sav.

She drinks a bit of it but then stops and holds on to Regina. She hands the bottle to Melvin and holds Sav incase she faints, which she does. Regina holds Sav as she falls unconscious. 

She lays Sav down on her lap and rubs her head.

“Heat exhaustion,” Regina mumbled to herself. 

“What was that?” Vy asks.

“Heat Exhaustion,” Regina says louder. “ Sav fainted because she had heat exhaustion.. Shes burning to the touch!” 

Regina starts to panic as Sav gets hotter and hotter. After a few minutes she wakes up, and hugs regina

“S-Salamat N-Nanay..” Sav tries to say.

“Ofc baby girl,” Regina replies.

Regina looks a bit panicked so Daniel hugs her and then she starts to tear up.

“Hey, hey, you're alright..” Daniel tries to comfort her.

Regina's breathing starts to go rapidly fast, like hyperventilating.

“Hey, Look at me.. Breathe.. You are ok..” Daniel says softly.

Regina starts to calm down and pulls out her hearing aid.

“Translations?” Regina asks.

“Ofc,” daniel signs and kisses Regina on the cheek.

“Im scared..” Regina signs.

“I know.. But im right here..” Daniel signs back.

Regina places back on her hearing device and hugs Daniel. After  few minutes, she falls asleep in Daniels lap. 

“I love you so much baby girl..” Daniel whispers. “I hate to see you so scared..”

“You alright there daddy?” Sav asks.

“Yea. im ok baby girl..” Daniel Replies.

WARNING! TORNADO COMING THIS WAY! SEEK SHELTER IMMEDIATELY!

All the kids scream in unison.

“Hey.. We have to stay calm little ones..we will make it through this!” Chad explains to them. 

Thunder booms the sky and Lydia and Sav scream louder. 

Sav runs to Daniel and Regina, and Lydia runs to Chad and Vy.

Wind blows violently and they all hear stuff from upstairs.

“Mom! Im S-Scared!!” Aurora screams.

“I know.. I K-Know..” Vy falters.

Thunder roars the sky again and Sav runs to Regina, who is also panicking.

“Shh.. Y-You're ok..” Regina falters.

“We all just need to huddle together and cover out heads!” Chad instructs.

They all do so and they all hear rattling and thunder. The littles are in the middle, so if anyone gets hurt, its not them. All the adults are trying their best to stay calm.

“Kalmado.. Kalmado.. Kalmado..” Regina repeats to herself, Sav, and Melvin.

“Nanay! Kalmado, ok?” Sav tells Regina.

“Yes.. Kalmado,” Regina replies and takes a deep breath.

The wind stops and it goes quiet…. 

“Everyone alright?” Chad asks.

Everyone  responds. Everyone.. Except 1..

“Where is she?! Where is she?! Where is she?!” Daniel shouts, panicking. “Where is my baby girl?!”

“ATE! ATE!” Melvin shouts frantically

“NANAY!” Sav screams.

Rustling is heard from part of the room and Regina is rubbing her head.

“REGINA!” Melvin yells as he runs to her and helps her up. “Are you ok?!” 

“M-My head..” Regina falters. “I-It.. h-hurts…”

“I know.. You probably got knocked out by something..” Melvin explains.

Regina starts to walk around but then she clings to Melvin.

“D-Dizzy..” Regina manages to say before fainting. 

Melvin catches her and lays her down on his lap.

“W-Will Nanay be ok Uncle M?..” Sav asks.

“Yes sweetheart.. Mommy will be ok,” Melvin replies. “We should bring her to her room since everything is done.”

They bring her up from the hatch and they lay her on her bead while Melvin puts an ice pack on her head. Sav lays next to her, trying really hard to make her have a comfortable space. After 5 minutes, she wakes up.

Sav hugs her as tight as possible.

“ Nanay! You're awake!!” Sav excitedly yells.

“Nasaan ako?..” Regina asks.

“Why are you speaking in only Tagalog?” Melvin asks.

“hindi kita maintindihan..” Regina responds.

“Guys.. the blow to her head affected her ability to understand english..” Melvin explains.

“pakiusap! hindi kita maintindihan!” Regina yells.

“Ok lang dahil ang ilan sa amin ay nagsasalita ng iyong wika at ibabalik ka namin sa ingles!” Melvin explains.

“I cant..” Regina mumbles in english.

“Wait?! What did you say?!” Melvin asks in excitement.

“hindi ko alam..” Regina go back to tagalog. 

“We have to get her back to english!” Chad tells them. “Repeat after me Regina.. I.. Can.. Speak.. English..”

“I-I.. C-Can.. S-Spe-ak.. E-Engl-is-h..” Regina struggles to say. “I can.. I can speak english!”

“There you go Regina!” Melvin exclaims. 

“T-Thanks guys..” Regina says.

Everyone hugs her but they stay in the room so she can walk. She starts to stumble on her walking so Melvin helps her until she is completely stable.

“T-Thanks.. Seriously.. Melvin, Sav, Daniel, Everyone.. Thank you” Regina says.

“Of course sis!” Melvin replies as he hugs her.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.