Sins of Our Past | Teen Ink

Sins of Our Past

By David_Pursell, Madera, California
David_Pursell, Madera, California

¨Do your best, but always do a little bit more:)¨

Author's note:

This piece is based off of events from the famous horror game series Five Nights at Freddy´s.

This chapter´s events are shown in the fifth game in the Fnaf series, Sister Location

You see, I´m not insane, or mad. But, what I did was justified, because I suffered the same way those d*mned souls did. I´ll tell you what happened, well, of course before I kill you. A couple of decades ago in the summer, me and my friend Henry started a pizza company that skyrocketed about ten years after… she died.

Oh, who was she? Well, my daughter of course, Emily. How did she die? I was working on a robot that was going to make Henry and I the richest people this side of the Mississippi. I had my workshop locked because I didn't want my children to mess with my work. But on that day, I forgot to lock the door. I was running diagnostics on her top of the line security system and I was busy finding a tool to work on the cameras in her eyes, but then I heard a sound that I will never be able to get out of my head: mechanical grinding, mixed with the sound of a scream, then a crunch that made my spine tingle. As I rushed to my workbench, I saw that the stomach of the robot was open, but the contents inside made me throw up, which quickly turned into a cry once I realized what I was looking at. Inside of the robot was my daughter, but she was barely recognizable with all the robotic gears piercing her skin and her intestines hanging out. There was blood everywhere and the stench was intolerable. It smelled like a thousand mice had died and were dead for days. Did I call the ambulance? Well of course I did, you moron! A few weeks later a funeral service was held, with the casket closed of course.

This chapter´s events are shown in the fourth game in the Fnaf series.

Anyway, back to the rest of the story. Henry and I were living happy lives, our business was doing as better than we could ever dream of, I had just had a new son who we named Sam four weeks after Emily had died, and Henry also had a daughter named Charlotte. But that would all come crashing down when one day our restaurant would face the darkest time it had ever had up to that day. It was Sam´s tenth birthday and he was having it at our restaurant (per my request). You know, in order for people to enjoy an establishment much like mine, you need people to see you not only as the CEO, but as an actual human being. Anyway, the day was going perfectly well, until my older son Michael and his friends arrived. Michael and his friends Fritz, Gabriel, and Cassidy (the only girl in the group) take interest in bullying Sam almost every time they are around him, but this day, they would take it too far. Against my better judgement, I asked Michael to watch his little brother while I finished some work. 

As I left, I stopped and saw Sam looking at me, so I said to him, ¨Happy Birthday kiddo, I need to go finish some work, go play with your friends.¨ I then kissed Sam on the cheek and walked away.

About fifteen minutes after leaving the party to help an employee into a mascot suit, I heard a mix of crying, screaming, and running coming from the main room. As the employee and I ran in, we saw what looked like absolute chaos, people were running outside, some were even crying, and some were hiding underneath tables. As I looked around to see what was going on, I saw that a group of people were gathered in front of the stage. Then I saw something that looked like a human hanging out of the mouth of one of the animatronics. As I got closer I saw who was gathered at the stage: Michael and his friends with masks on, each resembling one of the robots at the restaurant. Then I saw it… Sam was the person in the robot's mouth, and his head was crushed in the jaws with blood dripping from it´s chin.

About two hours later, the police, paramedics, and even a group of firefighters had arrived. Sam was rushed to the hospital, and about two hours later he died on the table with Michael and I at his side. After this incident, I got a little bit into drinking. I divorced my wife, and disowned Michael. Why did I disown him? Well, he was the one who did this to my son of course. Anyway, I then got this crazy idea: I should make other parents feel my same pain, especially those who gave birth to the other three people who helped Michael kill my son. It took me three days to plan out how I will do this. Then finally, the plan I came up with went into motion.

This chapter´s events are shown in the second and third games of the Fnaf series.

It was a stormy Tuesday evening, when I hopped in my car and drove to the restaurant and parked outside the front entrance. In the front of the restaurant was a child with a green wristband on. It was Charlotte, Henry´s daughter. When she saw me, she ran to me and embraced me, but all I did was pull out a little surprise behind from my back. When she saw what it was she stopped and looked at me scared.

She then said to me in a scared voice, ¨Don´t do this please. Please I'm scared uncle Wil-¨

As the blade of my knife pierced her chest, she gasped and fell over, lifeless. I picked up her body and hid it in the trash in the back. I then entered the restaurant and got into one of the mascot costumes in the employees only room. Then I went into the main room and saw them. Gabriel, Cassidy, and Fritz. I went up to them and told them to follow me for a surprise. I then told the same to another child. With my group gathered, I led them to the back room and locked the door. That's when I got out of the costume and pulled out my surprise. Gabriel was the first one to go, then Frits, then Cassidy. Then in the corner of the room, in a ball, was the last child, a little girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. As I approached her in my blood soaked clothes, she screamed for help, but was cut off as my knife slit her throat. Afterwards I put back on the costume and fled.

This chapter´s events are shown in the third game of the Fnaf series

About twelve years later, that location was closed due to problems with the five robots there. Another one was opened, but was eventually closed after a night guard was nearly killed by one of the robots. He apparently lost his frontal lobe. Then, I started to hear them. Little voices whispering things like, ¨You did this to us.¨ and ¨We will make you pay.¨ I only thought it was my mind playing mind games on me, but no. I knew it was the souls of the kids I… Reprogrammed. I then decided to silence those voices. Reprogrammed? Yes…that´s what I call it.

I drove to the old location where I committed the crime. I entered the building with my fire axe and hid, and just as I thought, They followed me. Those d*mned suits followed me! I destroyed them all one by one. First the bear, then the bunny, then the chicken, then the fox. As I ran to make my escape, I was stopped by…It. The puppet stopped me and pushed me to the ground. As I rushed to my feet, I saw four little ghosts appear behind the puppet and approach me quietly. I ran to the back room as fast as I could and locked the door. I then hopped into the mascot costume I used to commit the crime. As I did this, They approached me, and I then began to laugh at them. Then the puppet entered. When the puppet entered the room, I heard a mechanical grinding noise, then heard the sound of thousands of knives piercing flesh. 

I yelled in pain and began to cough up my own blood. I reached out to the ghosts for help, but they all disappeared. In a final gasp of breath, I died right there in a pool of my own blood. But as fate would have it, I woke up about thirty years later in a new building, this building. With you as my only friend left.

I hope you enjoyed this story!

Now, where were we? Oh yeah, don´t worry, I´m not gonna kill you… Not yet anyway. I have an assignment to give you. Underneath my house, you will find my workshop. Go there and free my daughter. Oh wait before you go, I just wanted to say. Find her, break her free from her chains… Michael.