The Day It All Went Wrong | Teen Ink

The Day It All Went Wrong

June 11, 2019
By JuanBaldarrago, Parisppany, New Jersey
More by this author
JuanBaldarrago, Parisppany, New Jersey
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments

As Eddie and I were walking down the parking lot. Eddie’s talking to me but I’m not listening. I felt butterflies in my stomach because it was my first time doing something illegal. My hands were tingling and my legs shaking.

“Are you shaking” says Eddie

“I don’t know what to do. I don’t like this” I replied

When we were on the way to the parking lot Eddie starts making the plan but I didn’t listen. I was thinking of making a run for it in the middle of the robbery because I was that scared of getting caught. When we got there we waited till we found a person to rob and when no one will be watching.

“Are we really going to rob somebody for shoes. Do you think it will work out” I nervously said

“As long as you follow the plan you wont need to worry” he calmly said.

I agreed but I didn't listen to his plan he made. I didn't want to ask because he will get mad at me so I just decided I will just follow him and hope for the best. We wait for hours and finally someone comes out of the supermarket close by. It was an old man walking towards his car with his cane. This made me regret me decision of coming with him. As he enters the car we check if anyone is looking.

“Let’s go quick” whispers Eddie.

We tried to run as quiet as we can to get to the car. We got to there and Eddie busts in the car pointing the gun at his face. The man was frightened. I knew this was wrong so I took action I tried try to take the gun away from Eddie but Eddie pulled the trigger. I finally get a hold of the gun thinking everything was fine but, Eddie already shot the man. I looked back to see if anybody was watching. I began to run and I turned around. A man was chasing me.

“Stop running and come back” yells the man.

The man stopped to catch his breath and continued to chase me. I decided to hide from him so he would’nt catch me. I ran to the basketball court and found everyone there from my school. I hid behind the bleachers for two minutes until someone was behind me. I saw a man running towards the basketball court confused. I heard him asking for me and no one responded thinking he was a crazy man. He interfered the basketball game.

“Everyone leave there is a killer here!” yelled the man.

The crowd started to panic and ran. I ran with the crowd to blend in looking down so the man doesn't see me. I was running blind when I bumped into someone. I hit my face on the ground and scratched it. It was my friend James from school. I ignored him and ran. I was half way home when the gun I had fell out of my pocket. I picked it up quickly in hoping no one saw and put in my sweatshirt. I got home trying to open the door. My mom opened the door worried. I can already smell the spicy and sour scent from the kitchen. I mouth was watering because it smelled so good and I haven’t eaten in 5 hours.

“Did you get hurt? What happened?” asks my mom

“ I don't know what happened but i fell and scratched my head’ I said.

“Okay go upstairs to fix yourself up” she said.

I went up to my room to put the gun away. I looked for 10 minutes trying to find a good spot to put the gun in so no one can find it. I put it in my closet in a box that had a lock on it then, I get a phone call from Eddie. I answered eddie.

“Where are you”? Asks Eddie

“I am at home and hid the gun from my family”? I responded

“Good put the gun in your bag when you come to school” he said.

“Okay see you soon”? I said and ended the call

I go to the bathroom to clean my face from the fall. When I finished I went downstairs to get something to eat and I see my mom watching the news. They found the dead man we have killed. My mom crying and praying for this town to be safe from the killer. I quickly went upstairs and called Eddie. He doesn't answer the phone. I kept calling him until he answer but my phone has died.

“How is this happening” I said and put my phone to charge.

I went downstairs to eat and tried to not make conversation with my mom about what happened. I ate quick and went to bed. I check my phone to see any news about who found the man Eddie killed. I see one of the news header “ Elderly man killed by unknown killers”. I skimmed through the short article and found no evidence that it was us.

I go to sleep and hoped for the best tomorrow.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.