The Call | Teen Ink

The Call

May 30, 2019
By Rebecalanda BRONZE, New Castle, Colorado
More by this author
Rebecalanda BRONZE, New Castle, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

Two lovers decided to live far from their home when they ended up having no service on their phone and couldn't communicate with 911 to get help. The two lovers Asher and Annie both have to protect themself without any help.

It was a normal night when all of the sudden the lights started to turn off and on and it started to rain. There was a thunderstorm that was going to last for a least a week. Everyone was really scare but at least they had their phones.

*Ring Ring* everyone's cell phone rings

Annie and Asher live in an old dusty house, the house seems like it’s falling apart. It a old white house but you can see the white paint slowly turning into the wood it was before. The windows were broken you can vividly see how Asher tried to “fix” the broken windows. The house was completely falling apart, it seemed like the storm was going to dissolved it. Asher and Annie didn’t want to die but they also did not want to leave their house alone. They didn’t want their home to disappear. It was going to take awhile in order for them to buy or rent a new house. They were afraid to see what was going to happen next. Slowly the phone also started to shut down, the service was gone and there was no way to use your phone. Annie and Asher decided to stay in their house. They thought it was the best decision for them.

*Ring ring*  the cell phone rings

“How is our cell phone working if there is no services at all” says Asher

“What is happening” asks Annie

Mmh hello answers Asher “who is this” he says

“We are coming for you” the unknown voice said

They were really afraid on what was going to happen next. The house starts to shake, the wind was really strong. The glass in the windows started to shatter everywhere.

Annie says “We need to get out of here” she took a deep breath and said “It’s not save anymore”

Ashers looks at her eyes and immediately realizes that she wasn’t joking, she actually was afraid and didn’t feel safe.

“Where do you want to go” asked Asher

“Far away from here” answers Annie

There is still no service for them to call but the phone rings again.

“NO, don’t answer” yell annie

“Don’t pick up the phone Asher”

“Annie, what if someone wants to help us” replies Asher

“DON’T PICK UP THE PHONE ASHER” screams Annie

“No just don’t, don’t do it”

Asher decided not to pick up the phone

“Let’s get out of here” says Asher

Asher and Annie got the only food and clothes they had and decided to run downtown. The whole town was alone, it was like a ghost town.

“Where do we go” said Annie

“Just follow me” says Asher

Asher decided to walk up a hill, and go to his friend’s house

Asher knocked on the door and there was no answer. The phones weren’t working, so there was not a possible way to call their friends and ask them to stay in their house. The rain and thunder continue but each time it got louder and louder. It seemed like the world was going to end. They decided to call 911 because that was the only number they can call. Ring, ring, ring and there was no answers.

“How are we going to get help” asks Annie

“I have no ide-” before Asher finished his sentence he saw that he was getting another phone call. He immediately looks at Annie and by his look Annie knew exactly what was going on.

It was a call from an “unknown” caller.

Asher answers and puts the phone on speaker

“Hello, who is this” says Annie

“The world is going to end” the unknown person says

The signal was cutting off and they couldn’t hear anything. The phone started to send and receive messages from unknown people. There was still no service so there was not a way that the cellphones were working. Asher received a message that said “turn right and walk up hill, there is a house waiting for you.” Asher decided to go without saying anything to Annie. He just said “Follow me I know a place we can stay at.” Annie knew there was something not right but still decided to follow him instead of staying alone in the middle of town. They turned right to get to the house uphill, but Asher saw another person he decided not to say anything and continue walking. Annie was behind him so she didn’t notice anything or anyone, she was scared and just wanted to be in a safe place. The rain was making it harder for them to get up hill it seemed like it was taking longer that it should of. They continued to walk for a few more minutes until they got to the “Safe” house. Annie didn’t feel save as soon as she saw the house in the middle of nowhere but decided to stay there instead of being in town where she felt more unsafe. All the lights in the house were off and it was such a big house that they couldn't see anything.  As soon as they turned on one light in the house, Asher got another phone call from the unknown user. Asher decided to got away from Annie so she couldn’t hear anything they were talking about.

“We are coming for you” the unknown caller said

“Who is this, what’s going to happen next, when, what time” asks Asher

“You are asking too many questions” the unknown caller said

“What” asked Asher

“It’s over for you and Annie” the unknown caller said

Asher hears Annie screaming and he immediately runs up to her and just sees her laying on the floor full of blood.

“Now it’s your turn, it’s over for you too” the cellphones says

Asher hears a noise behind him and slowly turns around.

“It’s over for me” ashers says

He sees a shadow and just feels blood dripping down his chest

“Whoever did this thru the phone it’s going to get revenge” he says



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.