Where The Riches Begin | Teen Ink

Where The Riches Begin

November 30, 2018
By 539839_CUHSD, San Jose, California
More by this author
539839_CUHSD, San Jose, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

Im play as nick Carraway in the book who keeps the story the same but has new characters and a twist.

The great gatsby fan fiction

 

Where The Riches Begin.  


Coming back from the beautiful  house of gatsby house there was this man at my front porch. Didn't say anything, looking for someone. I walked up to him and I said,

“Hello there, are you looking for someone?”

He smiled at me and replied with a whisper,

“Yes, I'm looking for this Gatsby fella.  I hear he lives in West Egg. Are you Gatsby?

I’m Steve Gomez or Mr. G, by the way.”

I waited a moment and told him, “No, sorry. Im Nick, Nick Carraway. Gatsby lives at the next entress. Here, follow me. There's a side gate here, so we don't have to go all the way around.”

I was looking at Steve from the top of his dark brown hair to the bottom his winged toe dress shoes. Steve told me “I left my car in your driveway, champ”

“Its okay you can come back when your done talking with Mr. Gatsby, He doesn't like to wait.”I said.

I closed the gate behind him and watched him go into Gatsby’s house. I thought to myself that there is something off with this guy and I can't put my finger on what is it. I struggled and I went back home.

 

The walk over there was interesting. I told him I'm one of Gatsby’s good friends, and I met him last year in the summer on a boat – his boat actually. He told me along the way that he would like to do a collaboration with his multi-million dollar company. He told me how I could be joined into this and be apart of their company due to low employees in the company. When we got there, he shook my hand with a firm grip.

His last words were, “I'll see you later, champ.”

He reminded me of Gatsby when he said “champ,” like when he would say “old sport.”

When I was walking back to my house my grass was the new and Gatsby left is when I invited him in a tea party with daisy at my house, the grass still bright green and beautiful like daisy’s silk dress when I met Jordan at the Buchanans house.


When I  got to my house, I heard my telephone ring and picked it up. The conversation went like this:“Hello, is this Nick?”

“Yes, this is Nick” I said.

“Are you still up for the job, champ?”

When I heard “champ” again, I knew it was Mr.G. I replied back,

“Hello, Mr. G. What are your ideas for working in the company?”

He took a second and said, “You can become one of our spokespeople and earn really good money.”

“I'll try it for a while, and I'll see if I like it.” I hung up.

As the day went by, the wind speed picked up, and the night got dark and cold. It was about to be winter. Hopefully, snow will come around again.

I later found out that Gatsby and Mr. G did a small collaboration, and they made lots of money in their small little corner store, which was surprisingly pretty big in size. It soon shut down due to low employment inside the store because of he harsh manager.

The following week, I went to Gatsby's party like always. Lots of people, lots of alcohol, and like always, Gatsby was always be looking for Daisy, but she was busy this week. Party after party after party, Daisy Buchanan did not show up. I told Gatsby he should personally invite Daisy. He had told me that he didn't want to come off to daisy as bothersome. I told him,

“Its okay. I don't think this would bother her at all.”

“No, it’s okay, old sport. You don't have to do that,” he responded to me like he partially wanted  50/50 if he wants Daisy to come to one of his extravagant parties. I sow Mr.G in the part when Gatsby did another extravagant parties at his house, the same people went


The day ended, and I told him that I’m planning to have another  tea party with Daisy. I asked him if he wanted to come by himself  to meet the three of us together. I told him the time and date and to be here at 12 in the afternoon sharp. I forgot I Invited Mr. G to talk about the job for his company. I’ve decided to have a tea party with Daisy, Gatsby, and Mr. G. the day continues doing chores till my guest arrive.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.