The Final Fight! | Teen Ink

The Final Fight!

Gatsby was going on a relaxing afternoon swim in his luxurious mansion in West Egg. He was thinking and releasing all of his thoughts about Daisy. He knew Daisy was the love of his life and no other girl could be as sweet, caring and loving as her. While Gatsby was swimming in the water, he knew something was going on, but he didn’t know that George Wilson was on his property. When Wilson arrived on the pool deck, he was dressed in a brown tank top, brown slack pants, and dress shoes. Most surprisingly, he was holding a 1928 Tommy Gun. Gatsby’s guard saw George with his gun and he immediately jumped into the pool to Gatsby’s rescue. George fired his Tommy Gun and the bullet hit Gatsby’s guard and killed him.

All of a sudden Wilson started yelling, “How could you kill her? You didn’t even stop that yellow car of yours!”

“What are you talking about? I wasn’t even driving,” Gatsby said.

“Don’t deny it, Mr. Gatsby. I already know you were with Daisy Buchanan,” Wilson said.

“I won’t deny it. I was with her, but did you know that Tom and your wife were together all along?” Gatsby stated.

“You can’t be serious,” Wilson yelled.

“I’m serious. That’s why I didn’t even care about Tom and Daisy’s marriage because it was messed up from the beginning and because Tom was cheating with your wife the whole time,” Gatsby replied.

“Unbelievable! Why would Myrtle do such a thing to me?” Wilson said.

“I don’t know. I think we need to have a nice talk with the Buchanans about this and get things straight” Gatsby said.

“Agreed. Dinner at the Buchanan’s tonight?” Wilson said.

“Yes sir,” Gatsby replied.

Later that night, Gatsby informed Nick about everything that happened that afternoon between him and George Wilson during the ride over to the Buchanan's. When they arrived, George was already waiting for them. He had walked all the way from Valley of the Ashes. George was already exhausted from the long walk, he was out of breath and was wearing different clothes from earlier in the day. The guys were all dressed in suits with Gatsby wearing a gold tie. Gatsby, George, and Nick were greeted by Tom while Daisy was doing last minute preparations for dinner. A few moments later, everyone sat down to have a drink or two and Gatsby immediately initiated the conversation directly towards Tom.   

Gatsby stood up and yelled, “I knew you were lying the whole time you coward.”

“No, you’re the one Mr. Gatsby that is trying to get at my wife,” Tom replied.

“I am, but I truly love Daisy unlike you! Besides George and I already know you’ve been with Myrtle. Gatsby said.

“You’re saying complete nonsense Mr. Gatsby like usual,” Tom said.

“I’m sorry Tom, Gatsby is right I already knew Myrtle was with another man I just didn’t know who, now it all makes sense!” George replies.

The moment that Gatsby and George exposed Tom over his affair, Tom started to throw a tantrum. He slammed his dinner plate on the ground and aggressively started marching towards Gatsby. Tom immediately started to throw punches at Gatsby. Nick tried to break the two apart, but Tom wouldn’t stop. Gatsby couldn’t defend himself too much longer as each punch weakened him even more, at this point Daisy even told Tom to stop and he disobeyed her. Suddenly, a gunshot rang and Tom who was standing beating up Gatsby was on the ground. It was George Wilson!

George shot Tom with the same exact Tommy Gun from earlier that day. Everyone was in shock that George did what he did.

“He truly deserved it for everything he’s done to each of us!” George said.

Gatsby was still on the ground, losing tons of blood, one of the butlers from the Buchanan’s were helping, but it was too late. Gatsby was dead!

Daisy was crying she couldn’t believe that Gatsby, who she truly loved, was gone. Nick was as depressed as Daisy and George Wilson was also in disbelief. In the end, everyone was so affected by Gatsby's death that Nick made the executive decision to move back to the Midwest, Daisy continued to live in East Egg where she would be lonely and depressed for the rest of her life and George Wilson would still keep up his garage in Valley of the Ashes, but would eventually die to a stroke.