The House | Teen Ink

The House

By NevaehS, Appleton, Wisconsin
NevaehS, Appleton, Wisconsin

"To love is to destroy, To be loved is destroyed." ~Jace Wayland

Author's note:

Supernatural Fan Fiction

It was the road to nowhere, they didn't think 'Route 666' would be that bad. Sam and Dean were driving down to see their dad. "Sam?" Dean was confused, " Did we take a wrong turn back there?" "I don't know Dean, wait... didn't we just drive past that house?" Sam asked looking back.
     They turned around and pulled up to the house. The windows were broken, the door was falling off its rusted hinges. The white paint was chipped so you could see the bricks underneath. Dean walked up to the house and touched a decaying banister. It fell away at his touch. Dean stepped onto the rotting wood of the porch only to hear it screech and moan at his weight.
     "Dean," Sam said "Don't move!" Dean stood as still as he could but one of his shoelaces fell. The look on his face was enough, Sam leaped forward just as the floor fell from beneath Dean's feet. Sam caught him just in time. Dean's feet flailed underneath him trying to get friction on the walls that weren't there.

"Dean! I can't hold you much longer!" Sam yelled panicking. "Sam let go I see a red light beneath us!" "Dean no." "Just do it" Sam let go and they fell into something that felt like a pool.
     All Dean could see was red. Until a body flouted by. "AAAAAHHHHH!" Dean shouted as he tried to get away from it. "Sam where are you? SAM?" "I'm right here Dean." Sam said as he grabbed his shoulder. “What’s wrong? You looked like you just saw a goh…..” He stopped because he just saw the body…”Dean…?Isn’t that dad?” Dean looked at the body.
It was covered in scars. He swam over to it and looked into its face. “Dad..? Dad wake up! Are you?” “Dean stop. He’s dead.” Sam said trying to pull Dean away from their fathers decaying body. He firmly grasped Dean in a hug trying to calm him down. It wasn't working, Dean kept trying to break away but Sam was to strong. "Dean stop. We have to get out of here before we end up like dad." Sam looked around trying to find an exit or something that could help them up out of the pool.
        Why did I listen to him? Why did we come down here. Dad told us to leave him alone. But Sam never listens to anyone. Dean thought as he walked down the long narrow passage. Sam had pushed Dean through a hole they had found. "Hey Dean!" Sam shouted. He was behind Dean by a few feet. "Do you think we should go back? It looks like it's getting darker." To Dean's surprise it was, in fact, getting darker. He bumped into what felt like a person but who would be down here?

“Sam? Where are we?” Dean asked as he tried to open a door. “I don’t know Dean. Maybe if we are able to open a door or something we could get out of here.” They heard something. A bump in the darkness, it kept bumping, coming closer and closer. Sam screamed and ran. “DEAN! RUN!” Dean was frozen in place. He was staring into the darkness. “Just wait Sam. I just need to find out what that is.” He walked into the darkness. “Dean stop.” But it was too late. Dean was gone. Sam tried to run after him, but when he tried he got thrown back as if something no, someone, was there. He looked into the darkness and saw a door. He wanted to open it. Just a little bit. It had a window and he could see a light. But it looked like someone was sitting on the floor in front of it. “Hello.” He called out. “Is anyone there?” He saw something move. Almost as if someone stood up. He walked over to it and felt someone grab his hand and pull him closer to the door. He grabbed the doorknob and pulled the door open. He felt a gust of cold wind.

He walked in and noticed a small lamp in the middle of the floor. He walked over and picked it up to see the rest of the room. That’s when he saw her. The women that was in the hall. He felt someone pull him out of the room and heard a door slam. Then he saw nothing. It was pitch black. He felt something warm on the back of his neck, like someone was behind him. HE turned around and heard a strange voice. “Bonjour Sam. J’ai attendu.” “I’m sorry, I don’t speak french.” Sam said as he tried to walk away, but he couldn’t. There was someone blocking his way. He felt a long slimy tentacle like thing slide to his hand and it pulled him down. He kept falling until he couldn’t fall anymore. He opened his eyes and saw Dean. “Sam.” Dean whispered. “Don’t talk. There’s a guy over there and he brought me down here. He told me if we talked we would get beaten. The thing is I think he’s deaf because I told him to eat dirt and he just sat there and did nothing.” Dean glanced over to see the man watching them. The man had a name tag on his shirt but Dean couldn’t read what was on it. It looked like Jay. “Hey! Jay!” Sam yelled. Jay twisted in his chair to face Sam. “I told you not to talk.” He said in a grubby voice. He got up and pushed Sam to the ground. Dean jumped up and was quickly knocked down again. The force of the fall caused his wrist to snap. “OW!” He called out in pain as his face turned red. “Dean, are you ok?” Sam tried to run over but Jay knocked him down. Dean started to feel drowsy “Sam!” He called out. Then everything was black.

Dean woke up and he felt a pain in his arm. He looked down to see a huge marking. Almost like a tattoo. He couldn’t see very well but it looked like a snake winding down his arm. He looked around and noticed that he was in a different room. “Hello? Anyone there?” He listened for a response but there wasn’t one. Just the sound of his own heartbeat. But was it his? He could hear it beating in his ears. He looked around, covering his ears. “Make it stop! Please make it stop!” He shouted as he fell to the ground. He sat there screaming, he scratched at the ground whispering to himself. “I know where you are. I’ll find you and make you stop!” His fingers were bleeding. He heard someone giggle behind him. He whipped around to see a little girl sitting on the floor with something in her lap. He got up and slowly walked over to her. “Can you play with me? I’ve been alone for a very long time.” She slowly pushed her “toy” on the floor. It rolled to Dean’s feet. It was Sam’s head. “Sam!” He shouted as he fell to his knees. “You monster!” He screamed as he tackled the little girl. He pulled her to the ground. As he slammed into the ground he heard a loud snap and felt something grab him from behind. He closed his eyes and felt a gush of wind. The everything was quiet.

“Dean.” a man whispered in a very scratchy voice. “Dean open your eyes. It’s okay I won’t hurt you.” Dean opened his eyes to see his dad sitting in front of him. “Dad.” Dean jumped up and hugged him. “How? I saw your body….You’re dead.” “No Dean that was someone else. I used some make-up I found and made it look like me so the witch wouldn’t look for me. How did you get here?” Dean hesitated, “Well um, Sam and I were driving down to Florida to find you.” Before his dad could cut him off he quickly said “It was his idea though. I wanted to leave you alone like you asked us too.” Dean looked at his feet. “I’m sorry dad.” His dad walked over to him and pulled his chin up. “Hey, I’m your boss remember. You call me John. Now where's your brother?” Dean looked up at John and tears swelled in the corners of his eyes. “Sam’s dead. His head got chopped off. I saw a little girl playing with it.” John walked over to Dean and wrapped his arms around him. “It’s okay Dean.” He whispered into his ear. “Let’s try to get out of here.”

“Leaving so soon? What a shame you couldn’t stay longer.” John turned around to see Azazel the demon who killed his wife Mary. Dean looked at John with a confused yet scared face. “Dad. Do you know him?” Before John could answer him Azazel cut in. “I’m an old family friend. Don’t you remember the fire?” Dean looked up at him with fire in his eyes. “You started that fire? You killed my mother?” Dean rushed over to him and pushed him to the ground. Azazel looked up at Dean with his glowing yellow eyes. “You’re feisty just like your father. I like it.” With that he disappeared. John pulled Dean up from the ground. “Let’s go before he comes back.”
“Dad? Why did you lie to me?” “What do you mean?” “Well, you told me that you caused that fire. You said you left the oven on.” John looked at him to see the concern in his face. “It was for the best Dean. You and Sam were too young to know about Demons. I didn’t want you to worry about what I do.” “What do you do? You never tell me when I ask.” “I hunt and kill demons Dean. You probably think I’m crazy now.” He looked at Dean and saw a smirk on his face. “What?” “I’ve seen witches and pools of blood. I don’t think you’re crazy. I still don’t believe any of this though.”
Azazel appeared in front of them again. “Where’s your other son John. What’s his name again? Sam is it?” Dean snapped at him. “Why should you know?” “Don’t get sassy with me boy. I’ll destroy you before your dad could get to you. Now where is your brother?” Dean shook his head. “I’m not telling.” John walked over to Azazel. “Sam is dead. He got amputated. I saw his head floating in your mother's pool.” “How did it. Wait. Mother!” He shouted. The witch appeared behind him. “Yes my sweet sweet demon?” “Did you kill Sam Winchester?” His mom looked surprised. “Why, yes I did. If you yell at me again I will ground you until I go to Heaven.” She smirked. Everyone knew that wasn’t going to happen. “I wanted to kill him!” He shouted as he stomped the floor. John and Dean creeped away. Slowly tiptoeing to safety. They ran until they found a door.

“Dean I’m going to open this and I want you to run out and start the car.” John looked at him as he slowly put his hand on the old rusted doorknob. “You’re coming too. Right dad?” “Yea I just need to do something before I go.” He opened the door and pushed Dean out into the frigid night air. He ran to the car and stumbled to find his keys. “Dean.” He felt someone touch his shoulder. Dean quickly turned around and punched into the air. “Ow!” Dean opened his eyes to see Sam sitting in the back seat with blood gushing down his face. “Oh my God. Sam I’m so sorry. Are you okay? I haven’t seen you bleed like that in 18 years.” Sam pulled his hand up to his nose. “Yea I’m fine. Did you see dad in there?” “Yea he helped me but he went back in to do something. He didn’t tell me what it was though.” Sam looked out the fogged window to see Azazel. “Hello Sam. Now Dean you told me he was dead. Why would you lie to me? You know I’d find out the truth. I always do.” He laughed as he put his hand on the door. Dean locked the car and rolled up the windows. All of a sudden the radio came on and their dad’s voice came through the speakers. “Dean I want you to drive down the road a little bit. I killed the witch but Azazel ran off before I could get him. I can see the car. Wait. Dean, Who’s next to the car?” “Azazel…” Dean whispered. “Okay. That doesn’t matter just drive down and open the door. I know a way to get out of here.” Dean did just that but Sam pulled his arm so they drove over Azazel straight into the house. John saw what happened and started running to the house.
Azazel was lying on the ground when he got there. Black blood was smeared over his forehead. His skin was getting pale and cold. John looked into the car to see Dean yelling at Sam. “What the heck! My brand new car! Why did you do that sam? Huh? I was doing what dad told me to do and you messed up. Why do you always do the opposite of what dad tells us to do? I’m okay with you doing that but to my car? You crossed the line. You get to walk home now!” “Dean stop yelling at your brother. I’ll buy you a new car as soon as we get into town.”

“Thanks for the car dad. Are you going to stay with us for awhile? We have a spare bed in the hotel room.” “No thanks Sam, I have to get back to florida. There’s a demon down there I need to deal with. I’ll see you around okay boys? Stay out of trouble. Dean?” “Yea dad?” “That means you too.” “Okay dad.” The boys said in unison. They all laughed. “Well boys. I have to go.” John hugged them and whispered into Dean’s ear “Watch Sam and make sure he stays safe.” “I will dad. Love you.” “Love you too.” John let go and climbed into the back of the taxi. The taxi drove off into the sunset. “Let’s go inside Sam. I feel like someone’s watching us.” They walked inside to see a man sitting on their bed. He was staring at the floor. He looked up “I’ve been waiting for you to get back.” Azazel stood up and chased them out into the road holding Dean's windshield wiper. “Wait! You left this at my house! Come back!”