December Part One | Teen Ink

December Part One

By Alex7403, independence, Missouri
Alex7403, Independence, Missouri

Dreams are like artwork of a great artist. The world is your canvas and you are the artist.

Author's note:

Inspired by family, friends, and myself.

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

I wanna cry, I wanna curl up and forget everything and everyone. I just wanna scream! I feel like a mere blimp in this gigantic scheme of things.

I walk down the hall, I hope no one notices me, I hope I'm invisible. My arms sting, I don't  realize I'm squeezing my binder tight till my arm starts to ache. I release, I hear voices. It's now that I realize what they're saying. "Mandy is so fat" and "Mandy is a whore!" did they think this was funny? I wanted to hide.

Without realizing, I was running...fast. I don't even remember dropping my stuff. Where was I going? I was telling myself to stop. But, I won't! I was running straight for the door. Out of nowhere an arm reached out and grabbed me. I was sobbing now. I couldn't see who was holding me. I drop to the floor. I wrap my arms around my knees. "it's okay", I continued hearing. The voice was unfamiliar.

It sounded like a boy's voice, I looked up. He was handsome. He had black short hair and he was tall. he reached out his hand to help me up. I saw scares, was he like me? I don't know if I stared at them too long because he jerked his arm away and said "Oh! Sorry, do they bother you?" He had pretty eyes. "um... No... Sorry." He smiled. "I'm Andy... I'm new here."
"oh... Sorry...um."
"are you okay... I didn't catch your name?"
"oh... Sorry... I'm Amanda... You can call me Mandy though." He smiled. I looked at my shoes, then at his. "I think you're beautiful." I looked up shocked... Of what he had just said. He smiled. "Uh...thanks." I murmured. He released my hand. "I really should get to class." I say quietly, but not too quiet that he couldn't hear. He smiled. "of course." I walked away, I put my hands in my pockets. There was a folded paper. I don't remember that being there. I grabbed it out of my pocket. I opened it cautiously as if it's secret. It read:
  "Meet me at 6pm...Rondale Park, please? Andy." It was raining during 6th hour. I couldn't stop thinking. Who does he think he is? We aren't friends, but having a friend would be nice. I have to think. "miss Phelese...class is dismissed." I was so distracted that I didn't hear the bell. I walked straight to 7th hour. Andy was in that class. He waved. I just passed him and rolled my eyes. He followed me with his eyes...they looked sad. I sat in the very back. Row 2 seat 9. he sat in the front, row 1 seat 1. I felt kind of bad. He turned away, should I apologize?

(5:29)-should I go meet Andy? I don't even know him. What if he's like everyone else? Should I trust him?
(5:33)-Fine, I'm going. I start walking towards the door then remembered to grab my phone off the kitchen counter.

I start walking to Rondale Park. When I get there, Andy is sitting under a tree drawing. I turn around to go back home when Andy calls "oh! Mandy, you made it." I turned around and saw a big grin on his face.I look down at the sketch book in his hand. It was opened to the drawing he was drawing under the tree. He must have noticed me starting at his drawing. He closed the book quickly. "That's really good!" I said in a happy tone. He smiled, "thanks".
"Can I see it?" I asked reaching my hand out. He looked at my hand then at his book. I felt stupid just holding my hand out. Finally, he handed me the book. I opened up to the photo he was working on. It was so amazing. He was drawing the kids on the playground.  I smiled and gave his book back. He smiled, he's so cute when he smiles. "So, what do you need? Why did you want me up here?" I ask leaning up against a tree. "I...um...I have a plan to get back at those girls always bullying you at school." He got my attention! "Are you crazy? They will destroy your life Andy!" I snapped at him. He backed away, like I was going to smack him. "I just want to help." I start to walk home. As I walk away, I can feel Andy starting at me. The streets were so quiet. I was probably just not feeling too good.

I had a very weird dream. I had a dream that Andy and I were laying on a hill, then I turned around to look at him and we were miles apart. I look in my hand, feeling it wrapped around something. That something was a rope, one that was tied to hang yourself with. Andy started running towards me, at full sprint. Then, I snapped awake.  I'm so confused. I roll over to attempt to go back to sleep. I here the door creek open and my mom's soft voice, "Mandy, baby girl? Are you gonna get up for school?"
"I'm really not in the mood to go mom! Can I just stay home?"
"of course hun, are you feeling okay?"
"I'm fine, just tired. Thanks mom."
I hear the door shut close. Even though I wanted to stay home, I got up. I'm an hour late but, I'm not in any hurry. I put on a pair of black skinny jeans, a gray shirt with chains hanging over the shoulders, and black-leather boots with buckles on the side. Wearing the shirt, you can see my tattoo. It was a scorpion.
When I walked in to second hour, for some odd reason Andy was in there. I walked in and sat in the desk next to him. "what are you doing here Andy?"
"I didn't know you had a tattoo." He said dodging the question. "don't switch subjects Andy!"
"fine, I got some hours moved around so we can have more classes together, no big deal!"

"how the heck do you know my  schedule?" I was so mad at him right now. "I stole your schedule, I thought you'd be happy to see me!" I stared at him like I was about to jump over the desk and strangle him. "I get it, I just wanna help Mandy. Those girls should not treat you like that. Your scared but, everything will be fine." I started sobbing, he looked at me with a confused look. The bell rang, he walked up to me, "are you okay?" I hugged him tight, and gripped his shirt in my fists. He wrapped his arms around me. I don't know why, but I felt safe. I back off, "sorry, that was a little weird" He smiled, "it's fine, you can always cry on me!" His voice was happy, it made you wanna smile. Even in your worst moods. I was so mean to him, he just wants to be my friend.

(3 weeks later)

"Mom!?!?!" I said, unsure if I shoulsd ask.

"Yes dear?"

"can I go to my friends house to hang out?"

"well? whose your friend?"

'Andy...Biersack."

'oh, it's a boy?" She said in a confused voice.

"I guess you can go, but Amanda...be back before dark!"

"Thanks mummy!"

"wait! where's my kiss?" She said jogging up the stairs quickly to catch up to me. I smiled at the sight of her. I kissed her on her cheek, she tucked my hair behind my ear. She smiled. I kissed her again and left without another word.

When i made it to andy's house, he was sitting on the front steps waiting for me. i stood there watching him for a bit. We have became good friends, really close too! When he saw me just standing, he stood up and walked over to me giving me a look like there was a horrible monster behind me. He gave me a welcoming hug. He was sweating like a dog. "ewe! Get off of me Andy, you're sweaty and you stink!" He rolled up his sleeves. I saw those scars I had seen when we first met. We sat on his front steps.

" where did you get those scars Andy?"

"I've been in lots of fights, stuff happens."

"oh, I thought it was something else."

"and you? How'd you get yours?' i held my breath for a few seconds trying to think of a lie. I couldn't though. He was looking at me and his eyebrows were raised. I smiled.

"I cut...well use to." He put his eyebrows down and was staring at me. I looked at my shoes, tucking my hair behind my ear. He scooted closer to me. With his finger he lifted my chin up so that i was looking straight at him. He bit his li,  he looked right through my eyes, or  that's what it seemed like. He leened in close to me and kissed me, I closed my eyes and kissed him back. He backed away. I stared at him. He licked his lips. "sorry, i couldn't help it!" He said as if I was upset with him. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and kissed him one last time. I smiled and left to head home. I could feel him staring at me. My neck burned.

I kissed Mandy, it felt great. I just couldn't help it, I think I'm inlove. Does she fell the same? She kissed me back, then kissed me again. What do I do? I'm lost. We haven't even known each other that long. She's a nice and wonderful girl, but I don't wanna hurt her.  She only has two people left in her life. Her mom, Fallon, and her sister, Violet. Her dad recently passed away and her brother passed away awhile ago. Her dad got drunk and fell asleep on the train tracks. Plus, her bullies, Kaylan, Venessa, Callie, and Mickie make fun of her about her dad dying. They have no heart. I need some fresh air. I sit down on the front steps and realize Mandy left her sweater. I pick it up to bring inside, I'll give it back when I see her again. It smelled like honey and sugar. It smelt good. I was just standing on the steps smelling her sweater and probably smiling like an idiot. I really do like her. I need to see her again sometime.

"No! Violet!" I couldn't see her. "Please come back?!?!" I choked up. I hope she was safer than I was. "No! Jonas! Jonas!" I could hear my mom screaming, she sounded terrified. My heart jumped, I hope my baby brother, Jonas, is okay. Where was everyone? I couldn't breath. My sight was blurring and going black. "Where's Amanda?!?!" My dad continued screaming. Someone picked me up, I couldn't see who. I couldn't move. I was slowly dozing off.
  I woke up in the hospital. My dad was talking to a man holding a clip board. I couldn't make out the sentence but, I heard some of the words. "Sir....I understand....yes...please...there nothing else we can do." My dad and the man shook hands. I was scared, Vatti and Mummy walked in the room. I hurried to pretend to sleep. "Mandy, sweetheart...we know you're awake." My mother says, her words were sour and sad. "Mummy, what was all that about?" Mom started crying and walked out of the room. Vatti kissed my forehead. "It's fine hun, we'll tell you when it's time." He walked out following mom, probably making sure she was fine. Violet runs in the room, tears filled her eyes. Her cheeks were cherry red and there was snot coming out of her nose. She jumped on the bed, that's when I realized my side hurt, bad. She gave me a hug. I hugged her. "Mandy?" She said sniffing her nose. I looked at her, heart in my throat. "Are you going to miss Jonas to?" She said beginning to cry again. I wiped the tears off running down her face. I didn't know what she meant, but I didn't feel right. Was Jonas...dead? The word made me want to throw up. I got up and walked around. Some people were in the waiting room, a child ran up to me and hugged my leg. My heart started thumping. My head started spinning. I pushed the kid on to the floor and ran. I turned the corner and ran into my Vatti. I fell to the floor. I started sobbing. I clawed at the ground. "Jonas is alive! I know it, help me dig for him!" The tips of my fingers ached, my lungs burned. My eyes filed up with tears. I couldn't hear anything, all I heard was my heart thumping. Vatti picked me up. I started kicking and swinging my arms around. I felt a pinch in one of my arms. My eyes dimmed. I was out cold.

"Wake up  sissy! Wake up! " I half opened my eyes. Violet had a big smile on her face, boogers hanging out of her nose, and her hair looked like she was attacked by a tree. "What? "I asked turning back over and pulling the covers over my head. "It's my birthday! " she said in a high pitch squeal. She jumped onto my stomach. I got up out of bed, she was sitting on the bed bent over on her knees and gazing up at me. I grabbed her and swung her over my shoulder. She screamed and giggled. I ran down the hallway to the living room and gently threw her on the couch. She smiled, put her arms out, and screamed "AGAIN! AGAIN! " I looked at the clock hanging above the couch.  It was 5:45 am.  "Shhh, be quiet Violet! "She made her puppy dog face... I picked her up and set her on my hip while I walked her back to her room. I laid her down, tucked her in, and gave her a kiss on her forehead. She smiled and kissed my cheek. I closed the door shut behind me and walked to my bed to go to sleep. When I returned to my bedroom, Andy was sitting on my bed looking at the drawings hanging on my wall. I stood there for what felt like an hour. He finally noticed me standing there and got a big grin on his face. I raised an eyebrow at him and bit my lip, confused why he was here and how he got in.

I walked over slowly and he laid down. I pushed him off and made sure there was no room for him to lay down. "Hey! No fair...sharing is caring!!! " He said pouting . "well, I don't care. "  I said grinning and sticking my tongue out. He picked me up and was about to put me down on the floor. "Okay! Okay! I do care... I do!!! " He smiled and put me on the bed and gently crashed next to me. He starred in my eyes. I started blushing. He reached in his pocket and came to the side of the bed I was laying on. I sat on the edge facing him. I smiled. He tucked my hair behind my ear. "Amanda Faye Phelese... will you marry me? " He smiled and opened a little black box with a beautiful ring inside.  I took a deep breath. "Uh... yes. " I said releasing the warm air in my lungs. He grabbed my hand and put the ring on. It was so pretty. "It use to be my great grandmas... " He said smiling. He kissed me and out the window he went. I put the ring in my nightstand. Turned out the light and went to sleep.

My mom got suspicious when Andy randomly showed up for breakfast.  Surprisingly... she didn't asked questions, until she saw my ring. S***, why didn't you take it off. I explained. Not so pretty.  "You're 17 years old! What goes on in that head of yours child? " She said tapping my head. Andy stood up about to speak when my mom shouted at Andy to leave. "He's not leaving. And, if he is... I'm going with him. "
"Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you. Hell, I'll even hold the door for you. "
I ran upstairs...Andy joined. "You can come with me Mandy. " He smiled. I started packing. My mom stood in the pane of my door. I was kinda hoping she was going to cave. She didn't. Andy pulled his car up and put my bags in the bed of his truck. He opened my door and we left the driveway and down the street. "Put  your seatbelt on would you please? You're making me nervous. " I made a face at him and buckled up. I watched in the side View mirror. My home getting farther and farther away. Don't cave, just don't. It's not that bad. Right?