Bog the giant | Teen Ink

Bog the giant

By wcampbell960 BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa
wcampbell960 BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa

Author's note:

i am 15 almost 16 and I do creative things on my spare time.

My life isn’t the best but I learn to deal with it. My name is bog and I am a giant.

I live in a cave at the very bottom of mount everest. Im 100 foot tall and i hit my head a lot on the top of the cave entrance. You would think I would learn my lesson by now but everytime I think I am going to remember to not do it I still end up hitting my head.

I like to see people but when I do they just run away or don’t seem to acknowledge that i'm trying to talk to them My favorite thing to eat is tents wait… maybe that is why people don’t like me.

I notice that when i try to say “arg” the explorers say “Hi” and I don’t know what that means. I’m gonna go look in my collection of papers that have traveled by the air to see if I can find the definition of the word called “HI.” After a bit of time I actually manage to find the definition for the meaning “HI” and the paper says it is a way of greeting someone and you can do it by waving your hand left to right or right to left in a friendly manner.

So I stop looking at my pile of papers and walk over to practice it in my puddle and I did as the paper said to do/showed how to do it, I think for my first time doing It I did pretty dang good. I went to bed that night wondering when I would see explorers, otherwise known in the newspaper as humans, which are also mammals.

The next day… I’m taking my daily walk exploring new parts of the mountain seeing things that the papers call “mammals” , to be honest I still don't know what those are or what that word even means besides a living thing, I guess? … anyway, and I see a group of about 5 explorers coming up the mountain and of course they are looking for all possible routes so I take my time getting down to them which didn’t take long at all especially since i’m about 100 feet and my legs are 45 feet of how tall I am but I didn’t want to cause an avalanche so I took my time not tippy toeing but just enough so the ground wouldn’t shake.

When I finally made it over to them I said “Hi” and I waved my hand from left to right, like the paper said. They said “hi” back and I said “my name is Bog” and they one by one introduced themselves. “My name is Jacob” said Jacob. “My name is Jessica” said Jessica. “My name is Evan” said Evan. but their was one of them that kept their head down like they were maybe scared or shy. Jessica said “Daisy say hi to him”. Daisy didn’t move at all and I said “it's ok, people are normally afraid of me or they run and do you think I like that” I said. She mummered “no, you are kind of scary though”.

Jessica said “Sorry, I don’t know what her problem is”. “I DON’T HAVE A PROBLEM, I’M TIRED OF YOU TWO ALWAYS PICKING ON ME, YOU PUSH ME, HIT ME AND MAKE FUN OF ME SO I’M NOT TALKING so please just leave me alone”.  Daisy took a deep breath and sighed . we looked at daisy as she turned around to walk back down to their car ( I think that’s what it's called). “LEAVE THEN, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I CARE” yelled Jessica. “She isn’t wrong the two of you do pick on her alot even if you don’t think you do. It's about time you she says something because even I noticed it and if she didn’t say something soon I was going to say something” said Jacob. “Shut up you act like you’ll do something” said Evan “Evan shut the hell up or I’ll beat your ass” said Jacob. “Evan will kick your ass” said Jessica. While Jessica and Evan were arguing with Jacob I managed to slip away and catch up with Daisy who was almost at the car “Daisy wait up” “what even are you? , what do you want?.” said Daisy. I said “ I am a giant, I want to help you out” “what can you do to help me out” she said. “you don’t want to talk to them right” I said.  “Yeah wha what do you have in mind” She Said “I can take you to the top of the mountain, that is what you came here for right?” I said.

“yeah, would you really do that for me?”. She said

I said “Of course I would, you seem like a nice person who deserves to smile and I don’t like negative people”.

“I don’t either, That’s why I finally said something to them” said Daisy.

“I’ll take you to the top of the mountain”.

“I .. I have a question” said Daisy.

“Whats up?” I said. “Can you take jacob with me to because he isn’t mean to me and between me and you I like jacob” said Daisy”.

“Yeah i’ll take you and Jacob to the top… Ahhhh… does Jacob know you like him”

“No please don’t tell him or mention it when your taking us to the top, please please please don't mention that I like him”. Said Daisy. “No problem I won’t say anything”. “Thanks” said Daisy

“Hey Jacob come on” He said “Where are we going?” as he climbed in my hand

I said “the three of us are going to the top of the mountain” saying it loud enough that Evan and Jessica could here me. “Oh sweet thanks Bog” said Jacob. “No problem it's the least I could do”. “Hey where are you guys going” “to the top of the mountain” I said.

“WHATEVER, WE DON’T NEED YOU GUYS, WE NEVER LIKED YOU GUYS ANYWAY” said Jessica “THAT DOESN’T BOTHER US AT ALL” said Jacob “IT'S MY CAR ANYWAY SO HAVE FUN GETTING HOME” Jacob said as the 3 of us started to make our way up the mountain. Taking my time carrying them so they could see how beautiful the view was. We made it to the top of the mountain And I  set them down carefully after they put their oxygen masks on so they could breathe because the altitude we were at it isn’t safe for humans to breathe. Daisy said “thanks again for all you have done for the two of us we will never forget you bog” “I won’t forget you either I hope you guys have fun” then we said our goodbyes and I started to make my way back down the mountain.  As I was walking down I walked by Evan and Jessica and they said that they “Hope I die”. I turned around and said “I hope you guys suffocate from the lack of oxygen” And I kept walking well it turns out that after I turned around and started walking away from the they got a climbing axe of their backpacks and started an avalanche which I didn’t see until I heard a “rumble” noise from behind me and I was swept away by the avalanche I managed to dig my way out of it and never spoke to a human again.