The Botanist Newcastle | Teen Ink

The Botanist Newcastle

By Biwer BRONZE, Cramlington, Other
Biwer BRONZE, Cramlington, Other

Start where you are.
Use what you have.
Do what you can.

The Botanist in Newcastle-Upon-Tynes is situated above Jamie Oliver's restaurant which I have previously written about.

Menu

The Botanist sells a range of different kinds of foods, such as kebab meats, fish such as scampi, chicken dishes, soups and so on. However, I chose the chicken kebab that comes with chips and garlic sauce, although was presented on a very large iron stick (see image inserted) and I paid about £14 for this, which was not entirely filling or good value for money. At least, the presentation was superb with a lovely taste to it. My friends went for the scampi and chips and chicken and chips, which were larger portions for slightly less money. In terms of drinks I went for a lemonade that was about £3 but my friends got non-alcoholic cocktails that were presented uniquely and tasted wonderful. Furthermore, one of my friends who has turned 18 that day opted for a cocktail that did not taste very nice, but then got a cheaper vodka and lemonade which she enjoyed. Overall, the menu is fairly expensive in which you do not get very large portions but get delicious meals.

Location
•Address: Unit 12-13, Monument Mall, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE1 5AU
•Phone: 0191 261 6307
•Cuisines: Bar & Grill
•Reservations: Book a table

The term 'reservations' is very important in this case, because the Botanist is difficult to get into unless you book it in advance as it is very popular here in the North East.

Outlook

Our seating in the Botanist was not positioned near the live music being performed or the giant, well-known tree in the centre of the restaurant. However this meant that we were away from the busyness of the bar and other people drinking, but the lighting was very dark where we were too. Overall, the food was lovely but overpriced for my particular meal with a very unique and indie setting in both the food and appearance of the restaurant itself.